~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Hi all so its the weaning stage :p

We tried rice but he had a flare up so back on milk.
Hes still up n down but generaly much better, hes teething so thats not helping atm.
Anbesol liquid is his friend then he drinks bottle!

Wow three meals a day already!
Im starting weaning in 3 weeks :)
I think it will prob cause issues with reflux so we taking it slow to see what he reacts too.

*waves to everyone*

How are you guys doing? I hope everyone is doing alright. We are great here in terms of reflux at the moment. However, kiddo has decided he wants real food so we are very slowly starting to introduce him to a whole new culinary world. Not sure how his reflux will react. Rice cereal was a huge no no for his tummy but he did great with carrot. This should be interesting. Anyone else at that stage? :flower:

We aren't at the stage of solids yet, but it makes me anxious knowing that reflux mightget worse with foods. Makes me more uupset cuz I keep wishing that something other then meds will help reflux end, and it appears that only time can do that.

Anyways, does anyone know what foods aggravate reflux/silent reflux? Maybe we could make a list as we try them out? Obviously every baby is different and will react different but maybe there are foods to watch out for?

Thats a good idea hun :)

My baby is dairy n soy intolerant so wont be givinv them.

Rice can be auite constipating causing more reflux

Thats as far as ive got as we flared up

Im trying pear next as this is the least acidic fruit

Sounds great :thumbup:

Yep, the rice cereal made kiddo constipated real fast so that was not something I would bother with again. It's not like it's the best thing to feed anyway.

He did great with the carrot on Sunday though he had some diarrhea yesterday so I am wondering if it can be related? I have no idea :dohh: How long between an item of food and any potential reaction, does anyone know?

I thought it was a few hours....
And then if flare up lasts a few days

Maybe im wrong any one else know?

Right i found out

If its a true allergy it will be imediate swelling rash etc
And intolerance can be any where from a few hours to a few days and will cause tummy ache, maybe funny nappys and possibly sick.

Its as i said if it causes flare up could last a few days x

Thanks! Still not sure so I guess I will give them to him again and see if it happens again. Makes sense, I think. :haha:

Yea just make sure you give nothing else so your sure :)

I may try baby led weaning now. You just give finger food and they feed themselves when they are ready, apparently it stays down better as well and it means no bowls purees etc

I my try some toast fingers with dairy free spread and some celery sticks or somethi g

Just popping in to say hello again. No reflux symptoms here in a while, just occasional sick which I don't think is related (or could be side effect of ranitidine). Aiden is 7.5 months, on 4 bottles of anti reflux milk and 3 meals a day (combination of mashed and finger foods). I'm doing a trial without ranitidine for a week it so to see if it's improving or ressolved. Last time I tried at 4 months his symptoms flared up pretty quick so I'm keeping some on hand just incase. Will keep you posted.

If it helps here's a small list of foods that aggrevated his reflux when I started weaning:

Baby rice
Apples
Oranges
Pineapple
Cucumber

Think that was about it x

Great to hear things are better.
Our reflux is all over the shop here but he is now drinking 3 6oz bottles a day and one 8oz before bed so thats a huge improvement!!

Hes all sttn at the moment!

What foods did you find were good?

Im trying pear atm but unsure as his reflux is a bit poop anyway atm

Going to get some more jars at the weekend of just plain stuff single things if poss any ideas?

Great to hear things are better.
Our reflux is all over the shop here but he is now drinking 3 6oz bottles a day and one 8oz before bed so thats a huge improvement!!

Hes all sttn at the moment!

What foods did you find were good?

Im trying pear atm but unsure as his reflux is a bit poop anyway atm

Going to get some more jars at the weekend of just plain stuff single things if poss any ideas?

Pear purée or pieces have been a definate favourite. We started on baby porridge, pear purée, mashed banana, purée sweet potatoes and carrots. Mashed avacado is supposed to be a great one to start with but Aiden didn't like it. I occasionally use a Hipp jar (half a jar) if i haven't prepared anything. Weetabix with whole milk is another good one, esp if they are constipated. I'm limiting dairy at the moment though as he started getting eczema on his face since being weaned and I'm trying to find out if food is the trigger or teething.

Ps. Wuhooo for sleeping through the night!! Aiden is kind of aswell. He still occasionally wakes but can self settle now so if I hear him it's only for 5 mins or so.

We tried pear and he refluxed terribly :(
I think weanings going to be hard!
We now have an anti alergy medicine ketotifen so waiting for that to kick in then trying again as its meant to calm his tummy down so he can eat.

Yea he wakes up waffles to himself then goes back to sleep most nights :p
He woke for a feed at 2am last night but was asleep by 7pm and then woke atv7am so cant complain :)

Those on Ranitidine - What dose are you on? We started this on Tues but twice the dose of my friend's heavier baby. I was told he had GERD and Sandifer's episodes if that makes a difference?

My boys alergic to ranatidine (go figure)
We have a long road ahead :s

Sandifers is quite a severe case of gerd!

Ranatidine is very weight sensitive the dose should be for your los weight but it can range low to high

Those on Ranitidine - What dose are you on? We started this on Tues but twice the dose of my friend's heavier baby. I was told he had GERD and Sandifer's episodes if that makes a difference?

My lo was on the maximum dose of ranitidine. When he was around 6 months he weighed 9kg (19lb 11oz) and was on 1.5 mls 3 times a day. Prior to that he was only on 0.7mls 3 times day but his reflux was terrible on that lower dose.

My lo was on the maximum dose of ranitidine. When he was around 6 months he weighed 9kg (19lb 11oz) and was on 1.5 mls 3 times a day. Prior to that he was only on 0.7mls 3 times day but his reflux was terrible on that lower dose.

Jenson is 15lb and on 2mg (1ml) three times a day though with a view to upping it at next appt.

Jenson is 15lb and on 2mg (1ml) three times a day though with a view to upping it at next appt.

Just checked his red book. It was actually when he was 18 lbs that he was prescribed 1.5mls 3 times a day. That was done by the GP. Are you under paediatrician? They might be able to prescribe higher dose especially if lo has sandifers.

Just checked his red book. It was actually when he was 18 lbs that he was prescribed 1.5mls 3 times a day. That was done by the GP. Are you under paediatrician? They might be able to prescribe higher dose especially if lo has sandifers.

Yes, I need to ring her on monday to discuss whether I'm noticing an improvement and regarding dose/repeat prescription.

How do you go about getting your lo's pedi to prescribe medication when they don't think it's much more than a laundry problem? I've tried unsuccessfully at all of her appts (she's actually had quite a few) even when telling her that she cried after spitting up and cries out in pain randomly. A few weeks ago she ordered an ultrasound to check for pyloric stenosis since she was having frequent projectile vomiting episodes...still has them at least once a week. I just feel so bad for her to be in pain since it seems to be getting worse.

:0 id find a new pedi! You should benle to get at least gaviscon or ranTidine from your normal doctor though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->