~*Mamas of Reflux Babies*~

Mine is in Moses basket in cot until I can sort out the elevating cot with out him rolling down it, he still hates the resq wedge grrrrr, so in the night mid feeds I get shuffling grunting then eventually whimpering to crying, I pick him up wind him then he ends up in bed with me on my chest , then I realise what's happened and put him back this will repeat in second half of night. I dunno if feeding him would help at the moment he has 4 oz at 8pm then wind sit upright half hour etc, bed at 9 wakes between 12-2 for feed then wakes at 5 this is where he seems to. Get out the cot and jump into my arms ( :) ) if i fed him as per his 3 hr routine would that stop the snuggles?

Why when he is on his tummy does he sleep so well, I'm too scared to do it though

Also he is now being sick on the ranitadine anyone else had that

He also screams 7 pm every night, is this weird to you?

Aiden is sick, especially at night since starting ranitidine. I also sit him upright for 20-30mins after feeds but he is usually still sick an hour or so later.

I tried all sorts with Aidens sleeping. I started letting him sleep on his tummy around 8 weeks old.

Aiden used to scream around 7pm. I soon discovered he was over stimulated and wanted to be put to bed for 7pm. I start his bedtime routine at 6.15pm. Any later and he gets in a right mood lol

poor guy is struggling today, hes dont nothing but sleep on me, and ive let him, his head feels warm i wonder if he has headaches from the ranitadine, im going to try level 3 teat on comfort milk as on level two he is sucking the bottle in and out,

i hate days like this, i seem to trawl the internet looking for answers and now ive decided that he has sandifers as he is so jumpy and rolls his eyes and flaps his arms out alot , must stay away from internet on days like these

hey ladies, i hope your all doing well, the good thing is lilys reflux seems to be getting better

I dont think know if il be on here much anymore as im having a marriage crisis and i think im going to file for a divorce, sorry to put a downer on things but it was really nice chatting to all and when things blow over il probs be back on x

poor guy is struggling today, hes dont nothing but sleep on me, and ive let him, his head feels warm i wonder if he has headaches from the ranitadine, im going to try level 3 teat on comfort milk as on level two he is sucking the bottle in and out,

i hate days like this, i seem to trawl the internet looking for answers and now ive decided that he has sandifers as he is so jumpy and rolls his eyes and flaps his arms out alot , must stay away from internet on days like these

Aiden gets like that when he is over tired? His arm movements get really jerky, he hits himself in the head/face, goes cross eyed or rolls his eyes. Also he really twists his body and head when he's tired. Could it be that? X

hey ladies, i hope your all doing well, the good thing is lilys reflux seems to be getting better

I dont think know if il be on here much anymore as im having a marriage crisis and i think im going to file for a divorce, sorry to put a downer on things but it was really nice chatting to all and when things blow over il probs be back on x

Sorry to hear things aren't good at the moment. Sending hugs your way.

I tried my lo with aptamil anti reflux milk this morning with colief in it . She downed 6oz in one sitting and seemed more settled after it. My friend who's a HV suggested I do alternative feeds of this milk and first milk as it can cause constipation.

Has anyone else used it or similar and had constipation problems?

I tried my lo with aptamil anti reflux milk this morning with colief in it . She downed 6oz in one sitting and seemed more settled after it. My friend who's a HV suggested I do alternative feeds of this milk and first milk as it can cause constipation.

I've used it and found it wasn't too bad. Occasional constipation but no where near as much as he gets with aptimal first mixed with gaviscon. You could always offer an ounce of cooled boiled water if lo does seem constipated. The only problem I now have since changing to anti reflux milk is that he really cannot tolerate thinner milks anymore. I had changed to a hypoallergenic milk with 2 gaviscon to thicken it up but after 3 days he went from drinking 7oz to screaming whenever he tried to drink and only managing to drink a couple of ounce which he would then throw up. I've had to change back to anti reflux milk today. I also find it really hard to get any burps out of him on this milk. Does the colief help with that? X

I've used it and found it wasn't too bad. Occasional constipation but no where near as much as he gets with aptimal first mixed with gaviscon. You could always offer an ounce of cooled boiled water if lo does seem constipated. The only problem I now have since changing to anti reflux milk is that he really cannot tolerate thinner milks anymore. I had changed to a hypoallergenic milk with 2 gaviscon to thicken it up but after 3 days he went from drinking 7oz to screaming whenever he tried to drink and only managing to drink a couple of ounce which he would then throw up. I've had to change back to anti reflux milk today. I also find it really hard to get any burps out of him on this milk. Does the colief help with that? X

Thanks for your experience. At the minute she's still taking the bottles of first milk ok too but will keep an eye on it. Colief helps her to digest the milk easier. I still have difficulty winding her, hardly ever get burps, though this evening she did 3 burps after 7oz of Aptamil AR, one of those was a wet burp the others not. I have been offering her some water today too. She's very windy and seems to be straining but not pooing this afternoon....she normally only goes once/twice a day which she did in the early hours.

a friend whos babies had reflux told me today to wind baby by holding upright over shoulder and just hold his tummy not tightly just gentle firm hold and just sit there holding for 30 mins while upright, ive had so many burps and two poos! its worth a try, no patting or rubbing just holding him and he wriggles out the wind

i hope i dont get in trouble for posting this, its in a book im reading on reflux about a woman whos baby has reflux and a disability, after reading this it made me see things differently and wanted to share

Welcome to Holland
By Emily Perl Kingsley

I am often asked to describe the experience of raising a child with a disability -
to try to help people who have not shared that unique experience to understand
it, to imagine how it would feel.

It's like this . . . When you're going to have a baby; it's like planning a fabulous
vacation trip - to Italy. You buy a bunch of guidebooks and make your wonderful plans. The Coliseum, the Michelangelo David, the gondolas in Venice.
You may learn some handy phrases in Italian. It's all very exciting. After
months of eager anticipation, the day finally arrives. You pack your bags and
off you go. Several hours later, the plane lands. The stewardess comes and
says, "Welcome to Holland." "Holland?" you say. "What do you mean Holland? I signed up for Italy! I'm supposed to be in Italy. All my life I've
dreamed of going to Italy." But there's been a change in the flight plan.
They've landed in Holland and there you must stay.

The important thing is that they haven't taken you to a horrible, disgusting,
filthy place full of pestilence, famine and disease. It's just a different place. So
you go out and buy new guidebooks. And you must learn a whole new language. And you will meet a whole new group of people you would never have
met. It's just a different place. It's slower paced than Italy, less flashy than Italy. But after you've been there for a while and you catch your breath, you
look around, and you begin to notice that Holland has windmills, Holland has
tulips, Holland even has Rembrandts. But everyone you know is busy coming
and going from Italy, and they're all bragging about what a wonderful time
they had there. And for the rest of your life, you will say, "Yes, that's where I
was supposed to go. That's what I had planned." The pain of that will never go
away, because the loss of that dream is a very significant loss. But if you
spend your life mourning the fact that you didn't get to Italy, you will never be
free to enjoy the very special, very lovely things about Holland.

Following this thread. My little girl is two weeks old. She has a lot of similar symptoms....arching back, hiccups, gulping during feedings and coughing. Doesn't like to lie flat after a feeding. Gurgles a lot and wriggles around. She spits up, but not all the time. She is breastfed.

Hey ladies,

Can I join please. Seriously thinkin my little tiger may have silent reflux. Symptoms are as follows:-

Major unsettled after feeding
Constantly wants to feed
Hiccups
Loads of wind
Short outbursts of cries
Sick coming into his mouth when he burps
Burps sound wet
Desperate to sleep altho looks like he's so uncomfortbale
Sooks on his dummy like mad
Doesn't sleep much at all during the day despite having puffy red eyes from tiredness

From research everything points to silent reflux which is getting worse. Also his tummy sounds crazy. Rumbles all the time. Gaviscon makes no difference

Only scary thing for me is that he had to have emergency surgery on his bowels at 48 hours old. He is displaying no symptoms of anything being wrong in that respect I.e he is pooing fine and no green vomit.

I'm considering trying either aptimal comfort milk or anti reflux milk first to see if that makes a difference. He has his check in a weeks time.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I know that if I take him to the docs today they will more than likely refer him back to the childrens hospital to rule out it being connected to his surgery

Hi girls,

Welcome. Both sounds like symptoms of reflux. For now I suggest sitting babes upright for feeds, sitting them upright or over shoulder for 20 mins after every feed (esp night feeds), could burp them every couple of ounces if they let you (my lo hates being burped and scream so I only do it at the end), also elevating head end of Moses basket with either books under the stand or a towel under the mattress. You could lye them on their left side if you are comfortable with that but the elevation alone may help. I'm sure others will be along with more advice soon. In the meantime you could seek advice from H/V and book GP app. I found gaviscon only worked for a couple of weeks.

My latest news...Aiden has been on ranitidine for 2 weeks and I'm sure there has been some improvement in the last couple days. He's still waking up 3 times a night but falls back to sleep after a couple of ounces. He slept 7-7 with 3 wake ups which is good for him. I also put some blocks under the heas end of his cot last night. Before I have just tried stuff under mattress and a wedge. He was only sick once which is good also.

And....I'm sure not everyone will agree with this but now he is 4 months I have just tried controlled crying for his day naps. He screams and kicks anyway for a good 20 mins in my arms trying to get to sleep so I decided it couldn't be more stressful than that. I waied until he was sleepy this morning, he started his crying in my arms so I put him in his cot with a comforter and his dummy. I left, he cried for 2 mins, I went back in, popped his dummy back in and rubbed his back for 2 mins. Left, he cried for another 2 mins, I went back in and he stopped crying so I left and he fell straight to sleep. Admittedly his morning naps are always the easiest do it could get more stressful later. I know he is capable of self settling as he does it at bedtime every single night. I just think he got too used to me for daytime naps.

Sorry for the mega long post lol

Ive noticed my boy prefers go be flater whilst feeding which contrdadicts everything ive read :s also he prefers to be left alone laying down or on my arm not sat up after a feed rather than on my shoulder

If i put him on shoulder he arches back (maybe pressing against tummy)

His acid is alwYs worse in mornings too any one notice tht?

Ive also stopped trying to burp him so much and go on his cue.
If he has a grey upper lip ill sit him up And rub his back gently but not pat it!

Has any one else found wAys to help their baby that doesnt go with all the advice out there?

Its early days but this semms to make him more comfortable

Thanks, Sezzolou. Good luck with the rest of his naps!

Stella doesn't mind being burped, but she very rarely burps. How long should I keep trying for?

My Caileigh seems to take the Aptamil AR milk much better than the first milk as she doesn't get this raspy sound in her throat with the AR milk. She doesn't seem to have as much wind either, still hard to burp. I find she gets it up when over my shoulder.

I too find she prefers to drink fairly flat. I always put her down for sleeps on her side and have the mattress elevated.

Over the weekend my Mum did the night feeds and Caileigh did a few 4-5 hour stretches but for me last night we barely managed 3 hourly :( I find it so hard to enjoy her as I don't know what to do with her. I know things will get better as she gets older but at the moment time seems to go so slow.

Stella doesn't mind being burped, but she very rarely burps. How long should I keep trying for?

I try for around 5 minutes. I usually only get one burp out of him.

2nd nap, cried for 4 minutes. He's been sleeping for nearly1.5 hours now :)

Tonight we are going to my brothers, first night out with lo since starting his bedtime routine which we stick to religiously. Hoping it doesn't lead to a baby meltdown lol

I hardly burp him atm. If he needs it it will come out whithin 3-5 mins

I found i wS over burping him causing more reflux!

He jus drank a 5oz bottle and i only had one burp at 2 oz when i saw he wAs struggling.

Hes now snoozing in his bouncer

I try for around 5 minutes. I usually only get one burp out of him.

2nd nap, cried for 4 minutes. He's been sleeping for nearly1.5 hours now :)

Tonight we are going to my brothers, first night out with lo since starting his bedtime routine which we stick to religiously. Hoping it doesn't lead to a baby meltdown lol

I find if i take him out he sleeps better :S

Hehe tire him out

Hey girlies,

Well really bad day here today. Doc prescribed ranitidine so fingers crossed. I have also bought anti reflux aptimal. Do u think I should try them both together or try the medication first? X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->