MARCH 2014 Monkeys! - Please join if you're due in March 2014

Congrats on the birth of Charlotte Jones she is beautiful!!

Jessesgirl sorry about the strep B hun. If you do have a home birth still, do they just not bother with IV antibiotics? Good that you still have the choice I am just curious xx

xxx

No they still give it in IV, you can just order it as a prescription and pick it up and call them when you are in labour and they give it to you. It's still necessary, they just have the ability to give it themselves.

I almost feel like I have back labor but she's facing my back so I'm not sure how that's even possible. I've just had the same feelings when I went into labor with Hannah in my lower back but she may just be lying on a nerve. She's been very active most of today so it's totally possible she shifted onto something. I've been having a lot of BH today but that's not totally new lol. I've been having lots of different pains and cramps though and my bump keeps getting hard but not necessarily associated with a cramp or pain, just goes rock solid but doesn't feel like my usual BH. It's been going on the last few hours but I have no idea if it could be breech labor because I can't sit here and time contractions or anything like that... or if it's just end-of-pregnancy nonsense just to drive me crazier than I already am lol.

38 week appt: posterior cervix, soft, 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated
Wish this little lady baby would just put me into labor!

My repeated mantra:

I love you baby; please try to come on your own before the c section date!

38 week appt: posterior cervix, soft, 50% effaced, 1 cm dilated
Wish this little lady baby would just put me into labor!

My repeated mantra:

I love you baby; please try to come on your own before the c section date!
Hope you get your chance to try for vaginal delivery hun! Come on baby xxx if not it is so close, one more week xxx

I almost feel like I have back labor but she's facing my back so I'm not sure how that's even possible. I've just had the same feelings when I went into labor with Hannah in my lower back but she may just be lying on a nerve. She's been very active most of today so it's totally possible she shifted onto something. I've been having a lot of BH today but that's not totally new lol. I've been having lots of different pains and cramps though and my bump keeps getting hard but not necessarily associated with a cramp or pain, just goes rock solid but doesn't feel like my usual BH. It's been going on the last few hours but I have no idea if it could be
breech labor because I can't sit here and time contractions or anything like that... or if it's just end-of-pregnancy nonsense just to drive me crazier than I already am lol.
My bump spends more time being solid than not these days but not increasing in intensity or regularity, so I expect just BH that are doing nothing at all! Maybe your baby wants to come in Feb instead lol, keep an eye on things and maybe get checked out if the cramps/ pains continue hun xxx

Morning girls ! Hope ur all. Well its my due date that ill see come and go lol ! X

Least ino ill have my baby by this time next week x

Morning girls ! Hope ur all. Well its my due date that ill see come and go lol ! X

Least ino ill have my baby by this time next week x

Happy due date!! :) You're the first to actually reach your duedate in this group I think! (even if it's still technically February :winkwink:) But like you said, at least you know you'll have your baby by this time next week :)

Yeh :) thanks hun!

Cj has decided he wanted to get up at 4.50 this mornign ! Just wen he was doing so well :( and I sat on the edge of his bed and broke it ! I sat and sobbed !

Spoke 2 my midwife and she's coming here to do my sweep 2moz x

Happy due date Donna! Must be a day for sobbing! I have been crying all morning :'(
Stupid hormones and stupid midwife talking about induction yday. Did not realize how upset I am /was by the whole process last time!

And I am still not even late! That it's the crazy bit, baby technically not'due' for another week going by LMP and ovulation dates, shame the midwifes won't even consider I am right!

Maybe your sweep tomorrow will kick things off Donna, I have one booked for next Wednesday, won'twork though!

Xx

How are you Ella? Feeling better today? Headache gone? Xx

Bless you donna. Well techinally I'm not due until monday, and I'm pretty sure that's right from my ovulation tests etc.. I would kind of like to be left to go over a bit longer to see if he wil come but I'm almost certain he won't , x

Donna, can't you get an induction booked for when you're 43 weeks (by their dates)??? That'll give you another 3 weeks!!! That way at least you're booked in should you need it..... cause I read that they told you you might not be able to get in otherwise....
When we went to antenatal classes with Lucas we got told that you are allowed to stay pregnant until 43 weeks (or however long you want really) if everything is going well, you and baby are healthy etc.

Headache is still here, sort of... it's less but it's still niggling - not enough to take anything though. Wondering now whether it might be my blood pressure or something.... Don't have any blood pressure equipment at home though, could pop into my doctors surgery and take it there, they've got a machine in their waiting room.

J

I found out today at the midwife that I'm Strep B +. Feeling pretty gutted.

Sorry to hear that ;0( but my doctor-prior to me taking the test, spoke about taking the antibiotics if I had it and seemed not too worried. Said it was common, and if I would have been positive, it would not be a dangerous situation. Now, if he said it just to calm my nerves, he did a great job. However, he has always been very honest and blunt about any dangers in my pregnancy.
Everything will go well, you'll see. With all the advancement in healthcare, you will be fine honey ;0)

~~~~~~~~~So What About Me?

Getting Induced tomorrow at 6pm! Yikes! Saw my doctor today and he basically gave me some options on induction dates. I've always been against getting induced, but I must admit I didn't think twice when he said I could get induced. We live close to the hospital but when there's traffic, it's bad. Then there's the limited time my husband and I have here in the states before returning to Italy, so it's going to be the best. Most importantly, the baby is just ready to come out. I am HUGE, tired, and can't wait to see him any longer ;0) ;0)

Been trying to be strong for tomorrow but last night, before taking my ritual bath, I cried so hard like a baby for a few seconds. I was thinking about my mom who passed away when I was 17 due to cancer I've had her in my thoughts a lot this past month and knowing she's not here made me sad. I think it was just a cry that I needed to get out!:cry::thumbup: I felt weak after crying and thought, Oh no, will this make me feel weak tomorrow--will I cry throughout labor?!

If anything the little cry I had has made me feel much, much better and stronger.

The beautiful miracle of this baby is that more than likely, he will be born Friday, on my mother's birth date and also my Wedding Anniversary! I planned my wedding two years ago to fall on my mom's birth date, but I swear not the baby's birth! ;0) Just so happens that he may come on the 28th.

I'm ready for this baby to get here and will keep you all posted Friday night! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Aww ban vani big hugs 2u! My mom passed away when I was 21 and I new I'd have to have babies without her one day! I believe she's watching down tho and sees them everyday!
Good luck 4 ur induction!

Yeh I could ask 4 a later induction ella, but I don't want chad getting any bigger ! Lmao x

Jonesbaby she is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations!

I found out today at the midwife that I'm Strep B +. Feeling pretty gutted. They assured me if I wanted a home birth could still have one but what I didn't know is now if my waters break and I don't go I'm to labour immediately I have to make my way to the hospital to be induced :cry:
Induction is the one thing I want to avoid so that I can try to go natural. Just not having a good day right now :cry: plus I googled and saw things like the baby getting sepsis and meningitis if the Strep B did effect him. Ughhhhhh body why?

Hey hun...im sorry to hear you have got strep b...if it is any reassurance I had strep b with my first pregnancy...my waters broke and when I got to the hospital that is when they realised I was strep b. I had anti-biotics and my little monkey was just fine...So please don't worry...your baby will be just fine xxx

Good luck banivani! How exciting! xx

Good luck for the induction banivani, lovely that baby will come on your mums birthday!

Ella, when they push me to book induction at my next appointment then I will agree to a date but at 43 weeks only, with monitoring in between time of they want out. Just felt yesterday at only 38/39 weeks was too early to be considering induction dates! It is as if they have already decided my body won't do it and has kind of knocked my confidence and made me feel broken :(

My CMU will not deliver anyone over 42 weeks and they do not encourage home birth either. As far as I am aware they cannot refuse to attend me but I may have a lot of opposition to it and I am tired and cannot be bothered with the confrontation!

Hubby has got a job on tomorrow that is four hours away so 8 hour round trip, without including the time needed to drop off or pick up once he gets there lol, so maybe tomorrow baby will come. Always when you least expect it lmao . or least want it to haha xx

Ella maybe go get your bp checked hun, just in case it is related to your head ache xx take care xx

UGH... okay so I have HSV II and have for like 5 years now. I haven't had an outbreak or recurrence in over 3-4 years so I honestly tend to forget I even have it. Normally during pregnancy you take a once-daily preventative medication to prevent a recurrence during delivery so you don't pass it on to the baby. However I have to have a c-section anyway so I never reminded my OB about it (you start taking it during the 3rd trimester.)

I think I'm having a recurrence right now, probably from the hormones of pregnancy or something. No idea but it's really uncomfortable and miserable but I'm not 100% certain that's what it is. I see my OB tomorrow afternoon so I can always ask her then but I think I'm going to lose my mind with the itching and discomfort today.

Then again, I had some contractions last night along with a constant backache for hours and hours. If I have more contractions today, I was going to head to L&D since baby's breech, I don't want to ignore it all for too long so let's hope something happens so I don't have to wait until tomorrow lol.

Thank you for the kind words everyone, I'm feeling better today and ready to let it go and just give myself over to whatever happens, induction or not. I'll do what u have to do :thumbup:

Happy Due Date Donna!!! Hope you get a nap today.

I think it's normal for everyone to have a good cry, it's an exhausting time and I. The end, you just want everything to be okay but you have no control over some things. :hugs:

Banvani that is so lovely about your Mom's memory, wedding and all the dates lining up. :cloud9: I wish you the best of luck and a smooth labour and induction. You've got this!

I've gone full force on trying to evict this baby. I've been drinking Raspberry Leaf tea for a couple weeks, starting Evening Primrose Oil orally and vaginally yesterday (on midwife advice), we've been going to a giant dog park every day and taking a huge walk, I bounce on my ball. The only thing I can't do is the sex. It's become such an emotional issue for me and I'd not seem to 'do' it for OH and most attempts end up with me crying thinking about how if I can't get him off now, what will it be like with my post baby body? Oh hormones...,

Aww ban vani big hugs 2u! My mom passed away when I was 21 and I new I'd have to have babies without her one day! I believe she's watching down tho and sees them everyday!
Good luck 4 ur induction!

Yeh I could ask 4 a later induction ella, but I don't want chad getting any bigger ! Lmao x

I meant the other Donna :winkwink:

Lol sorry my mistake ha! That's what I get for not reading right !
So I'm still here lol ! X
No signs. Midwife will be here at some point tomoz to give me my sweep !
X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->