March 2015 Pots of Gold

I get crazy pains all the time. Getting off the couch one day I almost doubled over it hurt so bad. I keep saying I'm going to do my pregnancy yoga video : ). Worried what will happen when I really expand! I still haven't figured out how to do a ticker : )

lbrum, youre a sweet potato now!! Today im an onion. There seems to be many of us who start new weeks on a Wednesday lol

Peachy, if you want a ticker, I can tell you how to get one.

Just click on one of our tickers that you like, go to that webpage, fill out the info... then Copy the code... I think this forum uses BB code/non-html... then you go into your settings where it says Edit signature, and you just paste it in there!!! voila! :)

TMB how did your appointment go on Monday?

I had another excellent check up yesterday, the doctor was very reassuring. Today I'm 16+5, this is when I lost my plug last time and things started to go downhill. I will be happy to get through today and then the next big milestone will be Oct 14th. Thankfully it is a long weekend for us, so there are plenty of things I can do to keep myself busy and away from google.

I hope everyone is doing well! It's hard to believe we are approaching the halfway mark!

Hey ladies. Still here. I have my anatomy scan this Friday, if everything goes well with the insurance company. My husband will hopefully be able to stop in and be there with me, as well as help with the baby. I have taken my baby to all the appointments because I don't have anyone else to watch her. I mean, I say baby when she is 1 years old, but she does get a bit fussy during the ultrasounds so I would like some help watching her during the ultrasound...Things have been okay with me. I get a bit nervous still because I haven't felt anything I can say without a doubt is movement and I am 19 weeks today. I do have an anterior placenta so I am chalking it up to that...

Hello, hope everyone is doing well!

LilFoosh, Im so glad things are going great for your pregnancy so far.. tomorrow is the big day! I wonder how many milestones some of us will need to go thru to actually believe a baby will eventually result.. probably not until we get home with the baby in arms! lol

MamaTex, glad you are doing well also.. I worry too about movement, but the experts say is can take as long as up to 24 weeks for some women, so I hope you arent worrying too much. Hope your husband can help out too :hugs:

As for me, just staying busy with work.. trying not to overdo it too much, since I sometimes have to do some moderate lifting (like 20-40 lbs sometimes) but everything so far is good. If it werent for the still lingering fatigue and my gigantic, sore boobs, I wouldnt even know I was pregnant!!

Anyone still laying on their stomach a bit? It feels like I have a small melon in there now, and its gets uncomfortable. I woke up in the middle of the night last night on my stomach, and it was borderline painful. Probably woke up due to the discomfort, which Im glad so I could roll back onto my side

DS was up several times last night with a fever so we stayed home today. He is keeping me fairly distracted (I can't believe it is almost 11 already!). I have been feeling more reassured as I can feel this bub moving around frequently & consistently now. I still will probably end up checking with the doppler later though. Today isn't as hard as I thought it would be but I will be glad to wake up with everything still ok tomorrow.

SM- Some fatigue all the way through is normal, but I hope it has eased up from 1st tri! I'm glad you are taking it easy at work. IMO lifting is like jogging or high impact excercise- if you were doing it before pregnancy you are probably fine to contiue just dial it back a bit, but it isn't the time to start jogging 5 miles a day or taking up weight lifting! lol My mum keeps giving me crap for picking up stuff (like the turkey this weekend) but I'm used to carrying my 35 lb son, so picking up a 20 lb to put it in the oven isn't a strain. Not able to lie on my tummy anymore =( I use an extra pillow folded in half under my knee so I can lie mostly on my front but without any pressure on my belly.

TMB I hope everything is ok!

MamaTex the position of your placenta would definitely impact when you are able to start feeling the baby! Some people with an anterior placenta can't feel anything until the movements are strong enough to move their whole belly & DH can feel it too.

Lil foosh I hope DS gets better soon. I feel myself coming down with something again. 3rd time so far during this pregnancy and it's frustrating :growlmad:

SM I can't sleep on my stomach and try hard to stay on the left like they say but often wake up on my back. Do you have a bump at all?

Afm had my anomaly scan done today at 19 weeks! I can't wait for you all to have it done it makes it all so very real. He's gotten so big and looks so much more like a baby. He is in the 90th percentile for his size and that makes me a little nervous with the gestational diabetes because they can get too big and it isn't even a factor yet. The only thing they saw that could be an issue was that one of his kidneys is wide which most likely means a build up of fluid because it isn't draining properly. I will have a repeat u/s for that in 10 weeks. Hopefully it will resolve on its own and if not will have to be dealt with after he's born. One day at a time... i will have more visits all 3rd tri anyways because if the diabetes but he's beautiful and rig jut now I am the luckiest woman in the world :cloud9:

Congrats Peachy!! So awesome that we are getting closer to everyone's anatomy/anomaly scans! Hopefully the kidney resolves itself. Do you have diabetes normally or a history of GD?

No I don't but my sister did have it with her 3rd baby. Not sure if that means anything. I don't go about anything the easy way : ). Hopefully none of you have to deal with it. I was tested early because a urine sample showed issues but most don't get tested until 24 or 28 weeks I think.

Hey ladies :wave: I'm still here, just been busy. My appointment last week was good. Heart rate was low, at 130, but doctor assured me that baby was most likely sleeping. I'm with you all on the movement....not 100% sure it's baby all the time but pretty sure I've felt something!

Lilfoosh - Hope today, and the rest of the week whiz by! This is a huge milestone for you. Hope DS is feeling better soon and that you manage to avoid getting whatever he has!

Peach - Glad your scan went well. Hope the kidney issue clears up on its own. Sorry about the GD, it's good they caught it early. I'm really hoping to avoid it as I already have large babies without the addition of diabetes!

Sm - I'm a tummy sleeper as well....just starting to get uncomfortable the last few weeks. I'm using pillows to prop my body in to comfy positions. My DH is not happy with the amount of pillows making their way in to our bed! Haha

Tex - GL at your scan this week! Are you going to find out what you shot growing in there??!! Hope your DH can make it so you have some help with dd. Be sure to update us when you get a chance.

Lilfoosh I'm glad you have passed this milestone. I don't really think I will believe this could be my take home baby until its in my arms. But getting through milestones is definitely reassuring.

peachy great news about the scan. I have mine on the 3rd November and I will be 20+3 by then. Can't wait and also nervous as I hope everything is ok with my bub.

mamatex i wish i could be more certain about movements. I feel this mild fluttering and I think its my little one but then I think was I just imagining it. I can't wait to feel proper kicks. Then it will probably keep me up at night!

I've been really busy with work lately and its definitely taking its toll. I think I would be tired anyway but being pregnant I think is making me extra tired. I'm glad everyone is doing well.

Hi ladies, can I join you? I'm 18 weeks 1 day and having anatomy scan on Friday. I'm freaking nervous. I also am not showing yet so it's all a little nerve wracking.

Of course Lamago! Congratulations, how has your pregnancy been so far?

Flou - I can't seem to ever get caught up on sleep either....always feeling drained. I guess it's better then whole pregnancy morning sickness I suppose! Hope work slows down for you :)

Welcome lamago! Hope your pregnancy has been good to you this far. Your scan is so close!

Flou I know exactly what you mean! It helps being able to feel him all the time and the scan yesterday went a long way in helping me to "believe" that he's coming and he's all mine!

Hello Lamago hope it goes perfectly for you!

Ladies I bought a snoogle on amazon for $60 with a cover included and it's by far my best investment. Any one having a hard time sleeping or getting comfy should invest in one especially since we are all going to get much bigger : ). Oh in case anyone hasn't heard of it it's a pregnancy pillow : )

just a bit of a bump here... tho I swear I just look like Im fat with a beer belly more than a cute pregnancy bump, but oh well

and Im a sweet potato today lol

Thanks ladies. I had a scare at 12 weeks when i started bleeding but everything has gone well since then. They didn't know why i bled. It lasted two days. I too am having a hard believeing this is actually happening! We were ttc for two years!

Hey all!! :) Sitting down and taking a break from all the bustling I have been doing this morning. I have been growing more tired again. I don't feel as exhausted as I did in the first trimester but the tiredness is creeping back in the evenings. I did manage to cook dinner last night so I am hoping I start to feel a bit better soon.

Things with me have been going good. I am finally feeling little taps that I know isn't gas!! And yesterday, we went to the anatomy scan. Baby is estimated to weigh 11 oz and everything looked good with HER!!! Yes yes, we are having another little girl!! I was thrown off because I felt deep down inside the baby was a boy, but we weren't disappointed. I asked my husband if he wanted to go for a third and try for a boy. He said, "Nope! Two is enough!" Lol. So it looks like he will be outnumbered ;)

nice, MamaTex, congrats!! :pink:

I grew up as the oldest of 2 girls, and it was just fine.. my dad was a good sport about being outnumbered, but he loves us both so we never really felt the lack of a boy/brother.

And I feel ya on the tiredness.. its not quite as bad as the first tri, but I still will take an occasional nap sometimes.

and lamago, Im glad your spotting scare has went away.. how far along are you now?

Mamatex congratulations on being team pink! I can't wait to find out what our little one is. Nearly everyone thinks boy but I really have no clue. I don't mind either way. Just got to wait another two more weeks.

I'm also feeling very tired. Keep going to sleep really early on in the evening and I wake up cos of strange dreams and needing the loo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->