March 2015 Pots of Gold

hi Gals, saying hello and would like to join the thread. I just found out on Tuesday that I'm expecting after my mmc in December. Scared and anxious is how I feel but then you're all feeling that way too. I think I'm due on 31st march. On top of the general worries of making it through the first 12 weeks, I also took antibiotics around the time I would have conceived that are not to be taken when pregnant but of course I didn't know. So worrying about that doesn't help matters! The EPU said after my mmc that if I got pregnant again, they would scan me at 7 weeks. So I guess that's my first milestone as I didn't even see a heartbeat last time. Hope you're all doing ok today :thumbup:

kits, hows things been going after the spotting on Monday?

I've been have some very light brown discharge yesterday and today... I'm 85% convinced I'm going to miscarry again... it'd be nice to hear some success stories despite a bit of spotting. Still gotta wait til Tuesday for u/s, and I'm considering taking Monday/Tuesday off of work until i know for sure

welcome to the thread, jan.. hope all goes well for you

The spotting stopped :) it fizzeled out by Tuesday afternoon ish.

When I went for my scan on Friday the nurses reassured me that it could be normal to spot in pregnancy & during the scan I asked the sonographer if she could find where I was bleeding from, but nope nothing.

She had a proper good look too which I didn't find the least bit entertaining. Their main concern was 'do you feel pregnant?' To which I replied, by pregnant do you nauseas, miserable, sore boobs, extremely tired, etc.,etc? 'Yep, well then sounds like you're right on track!!'

I hope that offers some reassurance, swampmaiden. How are you feeling? Has there been any bad signs?? Don't feel bad about taking time off, because of my spotting I took the entire week with pretty much entire bedrest.

As I said before, this time I'm taking noooo chances. I'm now officially 8 weeks :)

Thats good to hear, kits

I still feel pregnant.. and the spotting was just once this morning, and once yesterday noon.. tonight its all be clean, even tho I constantly feel like stuff is oozing out.. but its clear.. Im not sure what to think.. yesterday i was still exhausted enough I easily took a 3 hour nap after work... still indigestion, boobs still sore, still bitchy/crybaby..
For now Im just taking it real easy and trying to stay positive.. visualizing a heartbeat, and faithfully taking my vitamins and aspirin.. fingers crossed..

Im glad to hear that your spotting went away after a day or two.. seems theres lots of stories of spotting around the 6 week mark that *doesnt* lead to mc, so we'll see even tho my history hasnt been too great concerning spotting.

Hey swamp maiden. Don't forget mine went away too and they were able to find the cause. And both kits and I are both the same as you in that spotting has always been bad in the past. The truth is as we all know spotting can be a bad sign. However, it clearly isn't always the case! Try to stay positive until your scan and if it's stopped it's definitely a good sign

Swampmaiden i hope the spotting stays away. The fact that you still have symptoms is a positive sign.

It would have been my due date today with my last angel. So feeling some mixed emotions. The freaky thing is I am at the exact stage in my pg (6+4) with my current bean where I lost my second angel.

Sorry for your loss Juniperjan but congrats on your BFP!

Good day ladies!! I feel so much better today even though I got a little less sleep than normal overnight. I had an almost hour long nap yesterday. I dropped my baby off with my mother so she can have a change of scenery and I could rest a the house. I did a load of laundry, ate a slice of pizza, and then fell asleep. Lol. So much for being productive. I typically fall asleep before 10pm these days. I just can't stay up for the life of me. I am so tired by the end of the day.

JuniperJan: I am sorry for your recent loss but am so glad you cam ne wotj us. I understand the worry. It is a good thing that you have a health care team that is willing to see you early. FX that you see your baby and more at 7 weeks!!

kits: Happy 8 weeks and glad your spotting stopped

swampmaiden: Glad the spotting has cleared up. Having increased cm definitely doesn't help with the nerves as you think something is happening, but you check and it's just good ole' discharge. Hoping things are smooth for you from here on out

flou: Odd how events line up. Congrats on almost being 7 weeks. That is huge :)

AFM: I was dated at 8 weeks this past Wednesday so that makes me...8+4 today. LMP has me at 8+5 but at this point I am happy to be pregnant. I definitely gave in to cravings yesterday. I went to a bbq restaurant and had a sirloin steak melt and lots of fries. The carbs were delicious!! I am trying to balance it out with healthier eating during other parts of the day. Like this morning I had a bowl of oatmeal with cinnamon and Splenda (couldn't find my pecans!!), but later today I will probably have a lot of starches lol. Ah well. It seemed to make the baby happy. I got tired of feeling famished during the day and am now eating accordingly. I am also trying to drink a lot more water. I have to force it down this time. With this last pregnancy I was so thirsty but in this one, I don't feel as parched

Hey ladies! I'm still around.....just out of town visiting family so haven't been in much.

Welcome to all the new ladies :)

So no spotting today.. though i still feel the oozing out sensation, its still clear.. and I'm still having symptoms other than just sore boobs, which in my experience have always been first symptom to come and last to go so I dont use sore bbs as a true symptom.

You ladies are helping to keep me positive.. it's reassuring to know that brown discharge may mean nothing at all. Tomorrow I'm seeing my midwife, then next day is u/s.. this week has gone by fast and slow at same time.. weird how time is like that.

I've been having almost no appetite either, and my husband wants to drag me out to this pho noodle house that I normally love for its fried garlic chicken.

mamatex, you had me going on that sirloin steak cheesey sandwich lol

How's everyones symptoms progressing???? We are all spread out from 8 weeks to 5 weeks, so its interesting to hear the whole gamut of symptoms

im not feeling any tbh. I was feeling nausea but now I don't. feeling a little nervous

That's great swampmaiden, you gotta stay positive! Make a happy positive home for little one :D Good luck with your midwife appointment :) think I should be getting my letter with my appointment soon.

Symptom wise, my horrible nauseated feeling has started to subside, but I can still get quite icky if I get hungry. Annoyingly enough that's been my salvation, eating a lot. So I did freak out thinking oh no, nausea is going away but I read it can subside a bit around 8-9 weeks so I'm ok. Boobs can really hurt & getting up from lying down can be a bit dizzy.

I'm also getting headaches a lot. I don't know if this is in relation to pregnancy or not but I think it may have more to do with me not drinking water & instead drinking cordial. Before getting pregnant I did 'clean eating' which means no toxins/preservatives & now all I eat is crap & drink this cordial with aspartame :(

Today I go back to work after a week off, I'm sure I'll have more symptoms then!

Have fun ladies, lots of :hug:

Hello all....

Lovin' all the good news :)

As for symptoms.....my nipples are very sore! I've been nauseous a few days but if I eat dry toast is goes, and I've started peeing a ton! Other than that I am still feeling normal. 6 weeks today!

I've got sore boobs, on and off nausea, which is worse when I'm hungry. I've been eating and drinking more, which then means I'm going to the loo more. I'm also suffering bloating and constipation. I keep having this ulcer on my tongue which keeps coming and going but not sure if that's related to pregnancy. Its quite warm at the mo in the UK and I'm finding dealing with the heat difficult but normally i love the heat.

kits whats cordial? I always thought it was a cocktail, like a sangria but I know the UK has different terms for the same things here in the US I'm glad youre feeling better too.. and def drink up on the water!!!

today is my midwife appt and I have no idea what Im going to be asking her..

tmb: i think it is fine to feel normal.. consider all the women that dont even realize they are pregnant until 3,4,5 months.. I've even heard stories of women that didnt even know they were pregnant until they went into labor ) I seriously can't imagine anyone being that out of touch with their body, but hey it takes all kinds lol)

flou sounds like you are right on track with your symptoms. I heard that mouth ulcers can arise from too much acidity in the mouth, like from food and stuff. Also, raisins supposedly have an enzyme in them that makes mouth/tongue ulcers go away.. try it out

Hey guys, it's the nausea for me at the moment. It's there constantly unless I've just eaten. I didn't get any until about a week ago. Plus I'm really bloated and constipated too. The glamour of being pregnant lol.

lbrum.. constipation for me has really been the #1 pregnancy symptom lol.. normally you can set a clock by me so i know it sounds perverse but Im glad for it ewww haha

Thanks for the tip swampmaiden. I will try that out.

Swampmaiden, cordial in essence is similar to kool-aid in that both are a concentrated sugary flavoring you add to water except cordial is in liquid form. It's probably not as bad for you as kool-aid but in a similar category. As soon as I got in to work I tried to drink water on it's own but nope, made my tummy icky. And Yea, I think I was right. I made one of my minions buy me some cordial without aspartame & I didn't get any headaches. Well not until late in the evening when I was trying to stay awake. Aspartame can be nasty stuff.

How did your midwife appointment go?

So I went back to work yesterday & boy was I exhausted!!! I wanted to fall asleep the moment I got back which was around 8:30 but I managed to stay awake until 10:45 at which I collapsed in bed until about 5am because I was hungry. All I am in hungry!! Grrr... :p

Lbrum & others I think I've been rather fortunate to not have bad constipation yet but I am getting it more & more in bid each day. And yep last night I got a massive 7month pregnancy type bulge that I just couldn't suck in! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->