*March & April 2021*

@SCgirl in my last pregnancy I had nausea until 28 weeks, but once or twice it would go for a day or two, then come back again. So I wouldn’t worry. It’s the same this pregnancy, sickness since 4 weeks on the dot, and I’ve had maybe 3 days feeling fine, but it always comes back.

@SCgirl I had 3.5 weeks of nasty nausea then it went away and never came back. Whereas with my first I was sick 6-20 weeks. I was petrified something was wrong, but nope. This pregnancy is just the complete opposite of my first.

My sickness gradually went away, but I also don't really feel any symptoms now, just waiting to start feeling some kicks for reassurance.
I feel so exhausted today though, how are you managing with other kids too? I think I've been pushing myself to keep the kids entertained but today I just want to sleep!

My sickness gradually went away, but I also don't really feel any symptoms now, just waiting to start feeling some kicks for reassurance.
I feel so exhausted today though, how are you managing with other kids too? I think I've been pushing myself to keep the kids entertained but today I just want to sleep!

I find the afternoons when my oldest two are home from school almost unbearable. We play outside a lot with our neighbours so that makes it easier, but of course with the weather changing that won’t last.

@TTCBean congratulations!

Well, after over 8 straight weeks of feeling freaking awful and hardly being able to function (spending the majority miserable in bed)... I woke up today feeling pretty normal. And today I didn’t really feel pregnant at all. It’s soooo weird. I almost feel smaller too. I’m still exhausted, but I’ve been in bed most of the last 2 months... I’ve had a few very brief breaks (single digits over many weeks) where I almost felt ok for a few hours but it always came back with a vengeance- nothing close to an entire day!! (Currently 14.5 weeks, so about time.) our last scan was less than a week ago and all was well- no concerning symptoms currently...

did your morning sickness suddenly disappear or was it gradual? (I thought I was sick in other pregnancies, but it was never anything close to this, so I can’t really compare!)

Should have known it was too good to be true. Feeling rough this afternoon and evening

also found out my blood has an antibody that the baby has a 50% chance of having the type that my blood would attack, so will be closely monitored for that. (My husband was tested once the antibody was found in me, which gave us the 50. Think genetic square from HS.) Hopefully the baby is the same as me!

Should have known it was too good to be true. Feeling rough this afternoon and evening

also found out my blood has an antibody that the baby has a 50% chance of having the type that my blood would attack, so will be closely monitored for that. (My husband was tested once the antibody was found in me, which gave us the 50. Think genetic square from HS.) Hopefully the baby is the same as me!

Oh whoa, I haven’t heard of that before. Hopefully everything will be ok for you and baby. Sorry you’re feeling bad again :(

@SCgirl is this the Rh factor? Will You just need rhogam shots? I may be thinking of something else...

After 4 days of no nausea it’s back today with a vengeance. I feel SO sick! 11 weeks today...! Almost out of the first trimester, can’t wait.

No- not Rh (DH and I have the same blood type). e-antigen (I have anti-E which means I’ve already been exposed to it at some point. Sadly no shot to help- just monitoring and potentially a blood transfusion for the baby while still inside if it gets really bad and too early for it to be born. So still hoping for that 50% chance the baby has the same type as me!

No- not Rh (DH and I have the same blood type). e-antigen (I have anti-E which means I’ve already been exposed to it at some point. Sadly no shot to help- just monitoring and potentially a blood transfusion for the baby while still inside if it gets really bad and too early for it to be born. So still hoping for that 50% chance the baby has the same type as me!

when will they be able to find out what type blood the baby has? Will they have to do an amnio? It sounds very worrying for you, will have everything crossed things are ok x

They don’t want to do an amnio because of the risk of crossing blood, so they’re going to just monitor blood flow and signs of anemia and my titers- so they may be able to figure out if those start showing signs of issues, but otherwise no plans to find out bc of the risk.

They don’t want to do an amnio because of the risk of crossing blood, so they’re going to just monitor blood flow and signs of anemia and my titers- so they may be able to figure out if those start showing signs of issues, but otherwise no plans to find out bc of the risk.

Oh whoa, I wouldn’t have even thought about that risk. Keep us updated on how things are.

@tdog, how have you been feeling?

Congratulations @TTCBean on baby girl!

@SCgirl hoping all goes well, never heard of that before.x

@MrsKatie hope it eases off for you soon, my nausea kinda did that for the last week of first tri and now it's gone!

Im suddenly getting lots of acne and headaches though, some extra hormones in 2nd tri?? Weird!

I’ve been popping in quickly just to check things. I’m so damn busy!

hope everyone is well!

baby girl may be into her third name now lol. I really like Chloe lately.

back to the chaos.

@doggylover hi lovely thank you for asking after me I've had so many hypos :( spoke to my diabetic nurse she told me to drop my insulin for that reason, then if I keep having them then to keep dropping until I get the right amount which I sort of new anyway :haha: had a gender scan sat for my mam to find out but they sent a video and sure I see a little something there but here are the pics :) xx

scan_image8_42597370545062.jpg Screenshot_20201003_223132.jpg

@doggylover hi lovely thank you for asking after me I've had so many hypos :( spoke to my diabetic nurse she told me to drop my insulin for that reason, then if I keep having them then to keep dropping until I get the right amount which I sort of new anyway :haha: had a gender scan sat for my mam to find out but they sent a video and sure I see a little something there but here are the pics :) xx

View attachment 1088654 View attachment 1088655

I wish I could say I see something but I just don’t get scans at all :haha: I can never understand what they are showing! Do you think you see boy bits?

I’m so sorry to hear you’re still suffering so much :( hopefully you can get the hypos under control with switching up the insulin, but I am just flabbergasted that that is all thy tell you to do! “Oh just work on it yourself” mind blowing!!!

@KylasBaby Would you consider using some of the names you like for a middle name? Chloe Amelia and Amelia Chloe both sound great!!

@sunnydee sorry the hormones have you again, hopefully they settle again soon!

AFM: 11 weeks, which marks 7 weeks of sickness. Absolutely awful these last two days

How we all doing?

Anyone else dealing with super itchy nipples? Lol. It’s super inconvenient.

Also found out I have these disks behind my eyes which put me at pretty high risk for glaucoma. Just what you wanna hear at 31....so yay

Oh @KylasBaby so sorry, that is stressful. DH and I are closing in fast on 40 and health concerns related to aging are beginning to be on my radar... it is stressful. Hope that never becomes an issue for you. Can not believe you’re about to hit the halfway point!

i am ok, had a total freak out today cause I tried the Doppler and wasn’t able to find the heartbeat :( I am 12 weeks tomorrow. It’s so worrisome. I wish I didn’t even have that thing! I stashed it in the back of the garage. Technically I could go in for a reassurance scan but they couldn’t schedule me until 10 days away, so what’s the point. I also just felt strongly like I wanted to step back from frantically seeking reassurance and just wait and trust. If I see even a speck of blood or have a single scary cramp I’ll rush to the ER any time of day or night (as long as DH can hang with the kids of course). Just can’t wait to feel real movement and not these tiny bumps that I think are baby but could be anything.

how is everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->