*March & April 2021*

@Nixnax Don’t worry about lack of symptoms! I was nauseous 4-7.5 weeks then nothing but tiredness. I’ve been scared for all my
Ultrasounds but baby girl had been in there happy as a clam! I have my 20 week anatomy scan Friday and its the first I’m not nervous for. I feel her everyday. I’m sure everything is fine :)

@Nixnax its so normal to be scared going in to that first scan. Even though I feel awful and have a bump already I will still be nervous that I will hear bad news. Glad to hear you’ve got rid of the 70s wallpaper :haha: they really had a thing for all the patterns and colours back then, didn’t they?!

@SCgirl im so sorry to hear how awful you’re still feeling. Lovely to have the start of the movements though! I’ve started feeling all of mine around 16 weeks so hopefully will this time too.

AFM: 12 weeks today! Even though nothing actually changes I think it always feels like such a milestone. 8 weeks done, 27 more to go.....

@Nixnax scanxiety is so real! We all have it. Your baby is thriving!

I have been feeling lots of movement the past few days, it’s so wonderful! I am so excited for another baby <3

:hi: Just popping by.. nice to see all you lovely ladies are doing so well..can't believe how far along you all are! sending my best wishes to you all..I pray I will be pregnant at the same time as some of you.

Thanks for checking in lovely. Hope you are doing ok? Still have everything crossed your bfp is coming soon x

:hi: Just popping by.. nice to see all you lovely ladies are doing so well..can't believe how far along you all are! sending my best wishes to you all..I pray I will be pregnant at the same time as some of you.
Dee I’m always popping over to the tww threads to check up on you and always pray I see some good news. I really really hope it happens soon for you x

Had a phonecall from my midwife today and I have to be under a consultant now because of dd’s low birth weight (6lb 12oz at 40+6) also have to now be on aspirin daily to thin blood to help it pass through the placenta easier and growth scans from 28 weeks onwards. I’m pleased to be getting extra chances to see her but after 2 completely straight forward pregnancies it’s a bit of a shock

Wait 6lb12 is a very healthy and average birth weight even for a week post dates! I don’t know an OB or midwife who’d blink an eye at that weight. I mean yes enjoy the extra scans but they’re fully being weirdly vigilant...

Had a phonecall from my midwife today and I have to be under a consultant now because of dd’s low birth weight (6lb 12oz at 40+6) also have to now be on aspirin daily to thin blood to help it pass through the placenta easier and growth scans from 28 weeks onwards. I’m pleased to be getting extra chances to see her but after 2 completely straight forward pregnancies it’s a bit of a shock

It will be a shock lovely I have to have growth scans aswell but that's due to my diabetes, just think it be nice to see baba a few more times before they arrive :) xx

I saw my diabetes woman today she so happy about my numbers (when I'm not having a hypo) that she said any problems to ring her anytime, go back in 4 weeks to see her again, my 20 week scan is coming up aswell so can't wait to see baba again :) xx

Oh and 6lb 12oz is not small at full term :shrug: why they think that's small wow xx

Thank you ladies, its just the waiting I think. When I see it on the screen I'm sure all will be fine. I 'think' my belly is starting to show a little, im looking a little fatter :haha:. Im in pregnancy jeans, below the bump ones. Best investment EVER. I think I will wear these forever now.

@alex_22 I would think that is a perfectly normal weight. I know most are 7lbs+ these day, but I wouldnt consider that small.

@doggylover we decided to buy a fixer upper last March.... the WHOLE house was wallpapered... we've completed upstairs but downstairs needs to be done before April. Never again. The only saving grace is that none of it was woodchip paper. Just heavily textured

Im sure that has come as a shock. But great that they are so on the ball and on top of your care. I agree with the others that I don’t think 6lbs 12 is overly small though!

It will be a shock lovely I have to have growth scans aswell but that's due to my diabetes, just think it be nice to see baba a few more times before they arrive :) xx

I saw my diabetes woman today she so happy about my numbers (when I'm not having a hypo) that she said any problems to ring her anytime, go back in 4 weeks to see her again, my 20 week scan is coming up aswell so can't wait to see baba again :) xx

Great that she is happy, and that you can ring any time. How are you keeping this week?

I agree ladies, I know 6lb 12 is on the smaller side for an overdue baby but I wouldn’t class it as small enough to need to be consultant led, she’s still a very petite girl at 6 too so I’m sure it’s just her and nothing to do with not getting enough while inside. I just worry that they might intervene unnecessarily and induce labour for a small but otherwise happy baby. The aspirin is also concerning because I bled quite a lot after having dd so I’ll have to voice my concerns on that a little closer to my due date

@alex_22 with the aspirin with dd I stopped at like 36 weeks. You have to stop before birth or you could have bleeding issues. I had no bleeding issues when she was born at 39+1. Id definitely ask about stopping a few weeks before birth.

Anyone else being beaten up from the inside? Lol. Baby girl is getting ready to join her sister in dance class. Goodness she’s strong for being so little.

@alex_22 with the aspirin with dd I stopped at like 36 weeks. You have to stop before birth or you could have bleeding issues. I had no bleeding issues when she was born at 39+1. Id definitely ask about stopping a few weeks before birth.

Anyone else being beaten up from the inside? Lol. Baby girl is getting ready to join her sister in dance class. Goodness she’s strong for being so little.
I’m hoping the same advice is given to me. I woke up the other morning on my belly getting kicked all over the place, she must have been getting squashed :haha: I’ve noticed her little routine already which I don’t remember noticing this early on with the other 2 she’s very very active first thing on a morning and last thing at night with just the odd few jabs an hour throughout the day

@alex_22, remember they can’t intervene without your consent. I had to push HARD not to have unnecessary interventions with my 3rd (she was- GASP- 8 days overdue. And totally fine) and then with this one I assume I will too since I’m sooooooooo old (38). Fortunately I have midwives who seem truly on board with my natural-minded and hands-off approach. I am super healthy and have had 4 complication-free pregnancies and births. I’ll do all the monitoring they want when I, inevitably, go past 40 weeks, as my body loves to do (my boys were born on their due dates or 2 days before, my girls were both at 41 weeks give or take a day, and I really think this one is a girl). Remember you are in charge. Your instincts are powerful and your body is made for this. If something is wrong and requires intervention, you’ll know.

Im sure that has come as a shock. But great that they are so on the ball and on top of your care. I agree with the others that I don’t think 6lbs 12 is overly small though!

Great that she is happy, and that you can ring any time. How are you keeping this week?

I've been OK upto now thank you for asking after me so lovely of you :) they also told me to eat carbs if I can as that will help my blood sugars :) xx

@tdog I get scary hypoglycemia (I cant do the GD test because it gives me severe reactive hypoglycemia, have to monitor blood sugar for a few weeks instead) and it’s truly awful!! When they tested me for it my blood sugar got down to 41 during the fasting test, I don’t think I’ve ever felt so wretched in my life! Hope it stays under control for you!

So great to hear so many of you feeling kicks already! I don't think I've felt anything yet, my bump is getting big so I'm trying not to worry but just hoping it happens soon! My 1st I felt at 12 weeks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"