*March & April 2021*

How we all doing?

Anyone else dealing with super itchy nipples? Lol. It’s super inconvenient.

Also found out I have these disks behind my eyes which put me at pretty high risk for glaucoma. Just what you wanna hear at 31....so yay
Omg yes!!! It’s so hard trying to discreetly itch your nipples at work :haha: they’re super sensitive too, getting dried with a towel feels more like sandpaper.

I’ve been very quiet lately but only because juggling work and school and life has been hectic so haven’t checked in in a while, baby is very very active lately! I love getting all these kicks although not while I feel sick, my morning sickness seems to have ramped up again and her kicking away definitely doesn’t help it haha. Our 20 week scan is Wednesday which I’m both dreading and so excited for, I have no reason to believe anything is wrong but it’s still a very worrying scan. I think we have settled on a name Aoife (pronounced eefa) everyone hates it even oh isn’t keen but I adore it and our deal always was he chooses boys I choose girls, if he doesn’t come round to the name I’ll have to pick something else but he’s agreed to go with it for now in the hopes that it grows on him

Hey ladies haven't been on much still getting hypos but not as much, sickness is still going on trying to force something down everytime is a nightmare, I've been getting pain in my lower stomach here and there bit like a stitch :shrug: I've read could round ligiment pain also been getting numbness in my hands :( I've also read that can my carpal tunnel gets so frustrating xx

Hope you ladies are well xx

Hey ladies haven't been on much still getting hypos but not as much, sickness is still going on trying to force something down everytime is a nightmare, I've been getting pain in my lower stomach here and there bit like a stitch :shrug: I've read could round ligiment pain also been getting numbness in my hands :( I've also read that can my carpal tunnel gets so frustrating xx

I suffered with carpal tunnel with my first luckily it didn’t come back with my second and so far no sign of it, a whole lot of the women in my family suffer with it so I’ll be lucky to escape it though, mine would feel like pins and needles and numbness as if I’d slept on my arm/hand all night

I suffered with carpal tunnel with my first luckily it didn’t come back with my second and so far no sign of it, a whole lot of the women in my family suffer with it so I’ll be lucky to escape it though, mine would feel like pins and needles and numbness as if I’d slept on my arm/hand all night

That's exactly how it feels its horrible :( xx

How we all doing?

Anyone else dealing with super itchy nipples? Lol. It’s super inconvenient.

Also found out I have these disks behind my eyes which put me at pretty high risk for glaucoma. Just what you wanna hear at 31....so yay

I’ve had itchy nips a few times too lol! Not good. I’m at high risk of glaucoma as well due to family history. Plus side is my eye tests are free when I get to 40 :haha:

Oh @KylasBaby so sorry, that is stressful. DH and I are closing in fast on 40 and health concerns related to aging are beginning to be on my radar... it is stressful. Hope that never becomes an issue for you. Can not believe you’re about to hit the halfway point!

i am ok, had a total freak out today cause I tried the Doppler and wasn’t able to find the heartbeat :( I am 12 weeks tomorrow. It’s so worrisome. I wish I didn’t even have that thing! I stashed it in the back of the garage. Technically I could go in for a reassurance scan but they couldn’t schedule me until 10 days away, so what’s the point. I also just felt strongly like I wanted to step back from frantically seeking reassurance and just wait and trust. If I see even a speck of blood or have a single scary cramp I’ll rush to the ER any time of day or night (as long as DH can hang with the kids of course). Just can’t wait to feel real movement and not these tiny bumps that I think are baby but could be anything.

how is everyone else?

:hugs: sorry you’ve been feeling so freaked out, I think this time when you can’t feel anything is so worrying for mums. When is your next appointment?

Omg yes!!! It’s so hard trying to discreetly itch your nipples at work :haha: they’re super sensitive too, getting dried with a towel feels more like sandpaper.

I’ve been very quiet lately but only because juggling work and school and life has been hectic so haven’t checked in in a while, baby is very very active lately! I love getting all these kicks although not while I feel sick, my morning sickness seems to have ramped up again and her kicking away definitely doesn’t help it haha. Our 20 week scan is Wednesday which I’m both dreading and so excited for, I have no reason to believe anything is wrong but it’s still a very worrying scan. I think we have settled on a name Aoife (pronounced eefa) everyone hates it even oh isn’t keen but I adore it and our deal always was he chooses boys I choose girls, if he doesn’t come round to the name I’ll have to pick something else but he’s agreed to go with it for now in the hopes that it grows on him

Aoife is a great name, I’m Irish though :haha: I would always say though that Irish names cause a life time of mispronunciation for people in non-Irish settings (that said I’m assuming you aren’t in Ireland which could be totally incorrect! Apologies if so!). As a teacher I struggle with non familiar names, and it can be really hard getting some in your head, and I feel so bad for kids when they constantly have to correct.

Oh love :hugs: I just feel so awful for you, you are just having the worst time at the minute. Sending you loads of love. I hope your oh and family are able to help out? Although not easy for family to help atm with the increasing restrictions.

AFM: this week has been horrendous for sickness. Just awful ever day. The only thing that helps, even briefly, is eating. As such I have already put on loads of weight :( but it’s the only thing that helps settle my st9,sch for a few minutes, and of course it’s all junk, couldn’t possibly be feeling better after eating fruit :(

Oh also I am convinced I’m having twins because my bump is so big already :haha: I have my scan on Wednesday so will soon find out.

[QUOTE/] Aoife is a great name, I’m Irish though :haha: I would always say though that Irish names cause a life time of mispronunciation for people in non-Irish settings (that said I’m assuming you aren’t in Ireland which could be totally incorrect! Apologies if so!). As a teacher I struggle with non familiar names, and it can be really hard getting some in your head, and I feel so bad for kids when they constantly have to correct.[/QUOTE]
No not Ireland England, I think the spelling is what is putting oh off as we know very very few people are going to be able to pronounce her name from just seeing it. I just adore the name too much to be put off by having to pronounce it to everybody

I’ve had itchy nips a few times too lol! Not good. I’m at high risk of glaucoma as well due to family history. Plus side is my eye tests are free when I get to 40 :haha:

:hugs: sorry you’ve been feeling so freaked out, I think this time when you can’t feel anything is so worrying for mums. When is your next appointment?

Aoife is a great name, I’m Irish though :haha: I would always say though that Irish names cause a life time of mispronunciation for people in non-Irish settings (that said I’m assuming you aren’t in Ireland which could be totally incorrect! Apologies if so!). As a teacher I struggle with non familiar names, and it can be really hard getting some in your head, and I feel so bad for kids when they constantly have to correct.

Oh love :hugs: I just feel so awful for you, you are just having the worst time at the minute. Sending you loads of love. I hope your oh and family are able to help out? Although not easy for family to help atm with the increasing restrictions.

AFM: this week has been horrendous for sickness. Just awful ever day. The only thing that helps, even briefly, is eating. As such I have already put on loads of weight :( but it’s the only thing that helps settle my st9,sch for a few minutes, and of course it’s all junk, couldn’t possibly be feeling better after eating fruit :(

This is the worst pregnancy out of them all of I'm honest I suffer with sciatica aswell and atm that and my hips are so bad :( I had another hypo earlier but got on it quick before it went to low xx

I was convinced I was having twins due to big bump early on :haha: hope your sickness eases for you soon xx

[QUOTE/] Aoife is a great name, I’m Irish though :haha: I would always say though that Irish names cause a life time of mispronunciation for people in non-Irish settings (that said I’m assuming you aren’t in Ireland which could be totally incorrect! Apologies if so!). As a teacher I struggle with non familiar names, and it can be really hard getting some in your head, and I feel so bad for kids when they constantly have to correct.
No not Ireland England, I think the spelling is what is putting oh off as we know very very few people are going to be able to pronounce her name from just seeing it. I just adore the name too much to be put off by having to pronounce it to everybody[/QUOTE]

Ahh the English should be able to deal with Aoife then! I always worry about Americans and Irish names as they have a tendency to butcher them :haha: (apologies American ladies!)

This is the worst pregnancy out of them all of I'm honest I suffer with sciatica aswell and atm that and my hips are so bad :( I had another hypo earlier but got on it quick before it went to low xx

I was convinced I was having twins due to big bump early on :haha: hope your sickness eases for you soon xx

Oh I get sciatica too badly in pregnancy. I never had it before babies, and it’s worst when I’m pregnant but flares even when I’m not. It’s the worst :x

No not Ireland England, I think the spelling is what is putting oh off as we know very very few people are going to be able to pronounce her name from just seeing it. I just adore the name too much to be put off by having to pronounce it to everybody

Ahh the English should be able to deal with Aoife then! I always worry about Americans and Irish names as they have a tendency to butcher them :haha: (apologies American ladies!)

Oh I get sciatica too badly in pregnancy. I never had it before babies, and it’s worst when I’m pregnant but flares even when I’m not. It’s the worst :x[/QUOTE]

You’d think but the few people I’ve told have said they’d never in a million years get that pronunciation from that spelling ](*,) on her birth announcement I’ll totally have to put (eefa) and just hope people remember, mil and fil will absolutely hate the name, they didn’t like Ayla which is the other name we liked said they like traditional names, none of my kids have traditional English names so I assume they don’t like any of our choices

You’d think but the few people I’ve told have said they’d never in a million years get that pronunciation from that spelling ](*,) on her birth announcement I’ll totally have to put (eefa) and just hope people remember, mil and fil will absolutely hate the name, they didn’t like Ayla which is the other name we liked said they like traditional names, none of my kids have traditional English names so I assume they don’t like any of our choices

This is why we don’t discuss our name choices with anyone! Why your in laws think they have any right to say whether they like a name or not is beyond me. It’s not their child, not their choice! As long as you and your oh like it that’s all that matters!

I don’t discuss names before baby is born. Once you have a face and a person to fit with the name, it’s much harder to pick apart the name. If my best friend had told me the name she gave her son I might not have liked it. But since I learned the name after he was born, I loved the name because I love him!

this has been my hardest pregnancy too, by far. It’s a thousand times better now at 12+1, weeks 4-9/10 were hell. The nausea is still nagging in the mornings but it’s better overall. No food aversions anymore either.

Oh and I love Irish names. LOVE them. No matter how hard to spell or pronounce for non-Irish folks. So I’m biased. One of my favorites is Caoimhe, pronounced Kiva. DH is named Paddy and even he said no to that hahaha. Aoife is gorgeous.

@alex_22 I live in England and I’ve met a couple of Aoife’s and I’m sure most people already know how to pronounce it so I wouldn’t worry too much.

AFM I’ve had a cold since Wednesday and been told to self isolate cos I met a friend on Tuesday who tested positive on Wednesday. I’m waiting for my results to come back and I don’t really know what results I want! I apparently need to self isolate even if I test negative. It’s awful being cooped up and working from home again plus I feel so bad asking other to get things from the shop for me... especially cos I still don’t have much or an appetite and never know what I want!

I don’t know if what I’ve got is sciatica but I’m so stiff in my lower back whenever I do the slightest bit of exercise so going to try and find some yoga to help.

Also.. feel like my belly is starting to grow now at 15 weeks and was wondering if anyone has any stretch mark cream suggestions? Thanks :)

Ooh also I forgot to mention. I’m down 2kg since I got pregnant which I find really strange. I know I’ve been nauseous and don’t have the best appetite but I still ensure I’m eating three times a day. I’m no more active now and I usually always eat healthy so it’s really baffled me

@MrsKatie I’m so glad to hear you are starting to feel better. Caoimhe is a pretty name, and it’s actually not too common in the part of Ireland where I live either. My husband is English and he hates Irish names. He especially despised Grainne (Gron-ya) as he says it sounds like an STD :rofl:

@WannaBMamma7 oh no way, the self isolating is tough I imagine. My brother is just finishing his “time” after someone he shares an office with tested positive and he’s been going mad! My mum is now isolating for 5 days before an operation and she’s already had enough! I hope your time passes quickly, and that you don’t end up having covid.
My sciatica is always in my left bum cheek/upper thigh. It’s like a shooting/burning pain when I move a certain way. Apparently there are loads of YouTube videos with exercises to help relieve sciatica you could look in to. Also I’m so jealous of your weight loss. I’ve put on a stone already because the only time I don’t feel sick is when I’m eating junk :(

I’m sort of losing weight as well? I guess overall I’m staying the same, but I had extra at the start so it’s not yet a concern (I somehow gained around 5lbs my first 4 weeks- prob due to stopping some meds I was on, and have lost 3-4lbs since then- most in the last 2-3 weeks.) but my pants and shorts absolutely don’t fit anymore!

still nauseous and exhausted all the time- not as bad as it has been, but just don’t even have the motivation to try to function with it anymore- just burnt out from feeling rough for the last 3+ months (even though it’s not quite as had as it has been). Still on the rx meds (got Super nauseous when tried to skip a day), and in the last few days have had occasional sciatic nerve pain (not looking forward to that progressing again).

so the good- I had a few days of flutters- didn’t really feel any yesterday/today, multiple appointments at the end of the week so not worried at this point- it’s still early. (Yes, I’m sure that’s what they were though- others I didn’t actually feel this early!)

im wondering if the constant heartburn is contributing to my overall feeling gross? (Taking meds for it). Ah, the joys of pregnancy. I’ve never been one to enjoy being pregnant- it’s such an uncomfortable time! (Don’t get me wrong- it’s also a special time and I am grateful.)

(also started taking aspirin again- under doc guidance- in an attempt to keep pre eclampsia away. Had it 2/2 so far, and took aspirin last time as well.)

@SCgirl the flutters are the absolute best!! I felt a ton of movement last night and it’s just so wonderful!

@doggylover omg the STD Hahahahahaha!!! It’s so funny, like you get an idea about some names and then that’s all you can think!

@doggylover thank you.. hopefully get the results tomorrow. I kind of want to get it now so I don’t get it later in pregnancy if that makes sense. Aaah the way you’ve described sciatica, I don’t think that’s what I have. I’m just like stiff around the top of my butt/lower back. I might be sleeping on my pregnancy pillow funny and be putting too much pressure there. Haha hopefully I’ll start putting on the pounds soon... the belly is definitely starting to protrude.

@SCgirl heartburn definitely just makes you generally feel crap. I was getting so fed up of it but it seems to have gone now. It was completely putting me off food and just putting me in a fowl mood. I tried sitting up more which helped and cutting out any greasy or spicy foods. Fingers crossed for you.

Hi ladies,

Sorry ive been quiet, we've been trying to get the whole of the downstairs of our house decorated before the baby comes. Took a week just to strip the old 70s wallpaper.

@tdog I've had the itchy nips and the round ligament pain. Every time I stood up today, I had to stop for a sec.

Loving the Irish names.

I'll be 12 weeks on thursday, we have out 12 week scan on Friday and im so worried. If it wasn't for sore boobs and tiredness (which is wearing off now) I wouldnt know I'm pregnant. No sickness or any thing real to tell me that I am. Im so worried they'll tell me that its a MMC. Im probably being silly, but still can't stop worrying . Ill be glad when this week is over.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->