*March & April 2021*

@MrsKatie I love it here! Well the weather kinda sucks for like half the year haha. But it’s great other than that. Foliage is getting so pretty now.

We went on honeymoon to Cape Cod, it had some really beautiful places and we’d love to go back now with the kids, especially as we didn’t take time to explore Boston when we were there.

I’ve been feeling much less sick today which has been welcome. I find chewing gum non stop really seems to help me out. I’m going through so many packs!

Hi ladies,

Sorry ive been a bit quiet. I've been in bed with a migraine since Monday night. It was making me very sick. Not fun at all. Feeling much better today though.

I had a call from the cardiologist today. We have several hereditary heart conditions in the family. Ive never been tested, so I'm being checked over at some point soon.

We've told everybody now and announced it on social media. We weren't going to do that, but it seemed the easiest option to tell everyone in one go.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Hi ladies,

Sorry ive been a bit quiet. I've been in bed with a migraine since Monday night. It was making me very sick. Not fun at all. Feeling much better today though.

I had a call from the cardiologist today. We have several hereditary heart conditions in the family. Ive never been tested, so I'm being checked over at some point soon.

We've told everybody now and announced it on social media. We weren't going to do that, but it seemed the easiest option to tell everyone in one go.

Hope everyone is keeping well.

Sorry you’ve been so unwell. I’ve never experienced a migraine but remember we at uni I lived with a guy who would have to just sleep in a dark room for three days to get through it, must be awful.

hopefully all is ok for you, heart wise, but great that they are so on the ball getting you seen.

Oh @Nixnax I'm so sorry! I've never had a migraine but DH gets them, and last week he had one for 3 days straight it seemed hideous. I felt awful for him.

Congratulations on the announcement! Hope all gets cleared when you do the cardiology tests.

They really are evil. Ive not had one in years. Luckily my partner was home so he could look after me.

It was a joke really, I phoned my GP as I was in crippling pain. They told me to go to a pharmacist?! So sent my partner to the pharmacist, they said they can't give anything other than paracetamol. When he came back with nothing I just cried. I called the midwife and they said that my GP had been shocking, they should have prescribed me something. Needless to say I'm moving GPs. Been meaning to do it for a while anyway. So managed to ride it out on no good meds.

Oh no @Nixnax migraines are awful! I haven't had one for a few years but still suffer from headaches that will last for a week. Paracetamol definitely doesn't work either. Hopefully you can take something to help!

@doggylover I love the dungarees I might get a pair myself! I hate over the bump maternity jeans and they never fit me at the end cause my bump gets so big.
New Look have under bump jeggings that I find really comfortable and will last till I'm huge too! I've just ordered a new pair

Hey ladies hope your all well and everything going well? I have finally got blood sugars under control (hope haven't jinxed it) still sick not as bad just forcing food is horrible :shrug: xx

@tdog oh bless you, sounds like your having a horrible time of it.

This headache is still lingering, it's no where near as bad now though thank god.

I'm currently living in undet the bump jeans, so comfy. I have over the bump as well, but I've not worn them yet, as I'm only just starting to grown out

@tdog great news about your sugars. Sorry you’re still feeling so awful. I am as well, although weirdly I’ve found chewing gum helps me so much so I’m like a Cow these days, just constantly chewing away!

I think my issue with maternity jeans is that the jean part stops so low, even with over bump jeans. I usually wear high waisted and I just feel like maternity ones are always halfway down my bum, simply because the denim has to stop so low! I still fit one pair of regular jeans atm, a pair which I got not long ago and didn’t realise were “mid rise” (scared to think what low rise is in that case) and they are doing a good job. The dungarees though... super not stylish, but everything held up where I like it :haha:

@Nixnax sorry about the headaches nothing worse than a headache hope you feel better soon xx

@doggylover I haven't found anything that eases it well I say that yoghurt I can stomach not any tho it has to be a corner :haha:

I had some gorgeous jeans from asda that I had when preg with Heidi can't bloody find them tho, fuming I can't find them as I'm living in leggings right now xx

@Nixnax sorry about the headaches nothing worse than a headache hope you feel better soon xx

@doggylover I haven't found anything that eases it well I say that yoghurt I can stomach not any tho it has to be a corner :haha:

I had some gorgeous jeans from asda that I had when preg with Heidi can't bloody find them tho, fuming I can't find them as I'm living in leggings right now xx

I know sickness isn’t good either way, but I kind of wish mine put me off food instead of needing to constantly nibble (biscuits!) to keep it at bay. I’m gonna be a whale soon!

Has anyone started buying things yet? Or thought about anymore names?
i don’t think we actually need to buy anything at all, except a pack of newborn nappies (we use cloth nappies but I use disposables one hospital). With baby3 I didn’t even buy a new outfit as I couldn’t find one I liked! All my babies have worn the same first baby grow so I’ll keep that going this time.

I know sickness isn’t good either way, but I kind of wish mine put me off food instead of needing to constantly nibble (biscuits!) to keep it at bay. I’m gonna be a whale soon!

Has anyone started buying things yet? Or thought about anymore names?
i don’t think we actually need to buy anything at all, except a pack of newborn nappies (we use cloth nappies but I use disposables one hospital). With baby3 I didn’t even buy a new outfit as I couldn’t find one I liked! All my babies have worn the same first baby grow so I’ll keep that going this time.

We haven't brought anything except newborn nappies I'm giving my mam money every month to buy gender stuff (she nos what baby is) ill prob have to get vests and grows for hospital and a coming home outfit, I need to order pram aswell haven't yet done that Heidis doesn't have a newborn but to it :shrug: we have thought of names but we like quinn as its unisex :) xx

We haven't bought anything yet, but we have been given quite a few things. A friend of mine never found out the gender until the birth for both of her girls, so she has given me a lot of vests and sleep suits as they are neutral. Most of it brand new.

I started looking at prams yesterday... what a minefield!! We want to get a full travel system as they seem to have everything there.

What have you all done pram wise in the past? Are full travel systems worth the amount the money they are?

We haven't brought anything except newborn nappies I'm giving my mam money every month to buy gender stuff (she nos what baby is) ill prob have to get vests and grows for hospital and a coming home outfit, I need to order pram aswell haven't yet done that Heidis doesn't have a newborn but to it :shrug: we have thought of names but we like quinn as its unisex :) xx

I didn’t realise your mum knew the baby’s gender! That’s so cool! How she can keep it a secret though is crazy! Love the name Quinn as well, and it really does suit boy or girl so well!

We haven't bought anything yet, but we have been given quite a few things. A friend of mine never found out the gender until the birth for both of her girls, so she has given me a lot of vests and sleep suits as they are neutral. Most of it brand new.

I started looking at prams yesterday... what a minefield!! We want to get a full travel system as they seem to have everything there.

What have you all done pram wise in the past? Are full travel systems worth the amount the money they are?

We have 7 babies worth of gender neutral stuff as neither my siblings or I have know before birth. Lots of white and cream :haha:

Prams are even more crazy now than when I started out, so many to choose from! It really depends on your lifestyle as to what you need, and whether or not you want it car seat compatible. I never, EVER use the infant car seat on our pram. Maybe a few times for no1 but never since. But I always have baby in a sling so don’t put them in a pram at all. If you make a lot of quick trips out (shops etc) it probably is worth it, so you don’t have to disturb them. If you usually go out and spend a longer time out, then it isn’t worth it so much as they can’t be in a car seat for more than 2hrs.

Other than that things to think of are:
•Do you want them to be parent facing for a long time? Lots of buggies don’t have that option
•Do you mostly spend time on footpaths/urban areas or more rural/off road. That will dictate tyre type and probably 3 vs 4 wheels
•Are you planning a second baby soon? If so, something that converts to a double would be best
•How much do you want to pay!
•How much boot space do you have and space to store it at home. Do you need something to fold small?

Once you work all those out, you should be able to narrow it down. Definitely try and get to a showroom to try a few out.

I didn’t realise your mum knew the baby’s gender! That’s so cool! How she can keep it a secret though is crazy! Love the name Quinn as well, and it really does suit boy or girl so well!

We have 7 babies worth of gender neutral stuff as neither my siblings or I have know before birth. Lots of white and cream :haha:

Prams are even more crazy now than when I started out, so many to choose from! It really depends on your lifestyle as to what you need, and whether or not you want it car seat compatible. I never, EVER use the infant car seat on our pram. Maybe a few times for no1 but never since. But I always have baby in a sling so don’t put them in a pram at all. If you make a lot of quick trips out (shops etc) it probably is worth it, so you don’t have to disturb them. If you usually go out and spend a longer time out, then it isn’t worth it so much as they can’t be in a car seat for more than 2hrs.

Other than that things to think of are:
•Do you want them to be parent facing for a long time? Lots of buggies don’t have that option
•Do you mostly spend time on footpaths/urban areas or more rural/off road. That will dictate tyre type and probably 3 vs 4 wheels
•Are you planning a second baby soon? If so, something that converts to a double would be best
•How much do you want to pay!
•How much boot space do you have and space to store it at home. Do you need something to fold small?

Once you work all those out, you should be able to narrow it down. Definitely try and get to a showroom to try a few out.

Dunny you should say that I was on about new car seat for Paul's car one from newborn but the 350 spin one as its isofix and love isofix, I said can then do for new baby in my car then as I'll be on maternity, she then said yea she will have to face backwards anyway :shrug: Heidi's still facing backwards still and will be till 2 if I can as she has long legs :haha: so don't no if she said that to throw me off abit :rofl: xx

Big sis has felt kicks from the outside ☺️ I can see them too.

Yoga balls work. Since I started using one a few days ago to help with lower back pain I’ve felt kicks like a bit above my belly button. I’d only ever felt them down low before bc she was transverse. I still feel them low too but I’m feeling them much higher too so she’s getting there even if she’s not staying there.

I can’t seem to stop buying baby clothes even though she doesn’t need any. I have HUGE tubs in storage of DDs clothes up until her current size. So she’s literally set for life lol.

Last edited:
Dunny you should say that I was on about new car seat for Paul's car one from newborn but the 350 spin one as its isofix and love isofix, I said can then do for new baby in my car then as I'll be on maternity, she then said yea she will have to face backwards anyway :shrug: Heidi's still facing backwards still and will be till 2 if I can as she has long legs :haha: so don't no if she said that to throw me off abit :rofl: xx

We have the Joie 360 and it’s brilliant. My 2yo is still in it (rf) now, and my son was in it RF until he broke his leg at 2.5 and couldn’t get him in rf with the cast. It’s a super seat, and my son was able to stay in it (forward facing) until he was 4 and he was kicked out for the younger one :haha: but I would definitely recommend it if you want a 360. My sister has one too and very impressed. I do like Joie seats.

@KylasBaby sooooo cute that big sis has felt the baby!!!! Such a special thing for all 3 of you.

Oh @doggylover its a bigger minefield now :rofl:
Thank you for the advice, you've certainly given me a lot to think about. Just hope the shops are open when we start seriously looking at prams as we want to be able to see it before buying it.

Oh @doggylover its a bigger minefield now :rofl:
Thank you for the advice, you've certainly given me a lot to think about. Just hope the shops are open when we start seriously looking at prams as we want to be able to see it before buying it.

Oh gosh yeah I never thought about that, and it’s so important to see it before you buy.

The travel system we got for our first wasn’t expensive at all, about £250 I think if that. And it’s still in use 7yrs later as it just fits us so well, so hopefully you’ll be able to find something that suits your lifestyle and get good use from it. Such an outlay for some of them for such little use! My sister got a travel system for her baby who was born last October, and now never uses it and uses a stroller instead. £600 not even a years use! So that’s something else to think about too, if you may switch to a stroller quickly a big outlay may not be a good idea

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->