*March & April 2021*

I wouldn’t want to be 30min from a hospital- if I’d been 5 min from a hospital, I wouldn’t be here today. I had an absolutely unpredictable freak issue come up when having my first- nothing could have warned us before it happened. Even being in the hospital, I almost died (had blood and plasma going into my body in both arms trying to get levels back up)- had I not been there, I would have. You just never know...

Hey! I know I don't belong in this group, but I was wondering if you ladies can help me relax. Even tho google says is normal I don't know anyone who's leaked. I'm 22 weeks and I noticed some dry crust on both nipples. Clear liquid comes with when I gently squeeze. I'm praying the leaking doesn't get too bad before my baby is born. [-o<

Totally normal! If you want to, at a later date (I think from around 37weeks) you can harvest colostrum for your baby.

I wouldn’t want to be 30min from a hospital- if I’d been 5 min from a hospital, I wouldn’t be here today. I had an absolutely unpredictable freak issue come up when having my first- nothing could have warned us before it happened. Even being in the hospital, I almost died (had blood and plasma going into my body in both arms trying to get levels back up)- had I not been there, I would have. You just never know...

Not quite as severe but I also had big problems after my first was born, and definitely needed to be in a hospital.

How is everyone this week? I had a little scan this week, im not sure why I think it was just a fluke that the doctor had a machine in the room when I had my appointment haha. Anyway he confirmed that baby is transverse, I had a feeling she has been spending alot of time in that position I could feel her head on my right side pretty painfully!
Anyway Googling transverse babies makes me think there is a reason why she isn't head down yet? Or would it be because she has alot of room to move around? I have my yoga ball now and have been doing lots of yoga exercises the past few days but now I'm even more confused to try figure out what position she is in!

@sunnydee check out spinning babies! You can just Google it. Also I wouldn’t worry about a transverse baby at 29-30 weeks. I bet baby will flip head-down soon!

I am ok, just super stressed about my fasting blood sugar levels! I have had volatile blood sugar since I was a kid (scary low dips) and the awful glucola drink made me feel HORRIBLE, so I’ve opted to track blood sugar my last 4 pregnancies instead of drink that orange nightmare. Well my fasting numbers are borderline high and since I’m in a huge hospital it’s all a numbers game and I’m 99% sure I’m gonna get diagnosed with GD. To complicate things, I took my reading twice this morning and there was a TWELVE point difference in the numbers! So now I don’t even trust the dumb monitor!! Also stress and sleep deprivation increases blood sugar, and i’m super stressed about the dumb numbers and can’t sleep from insomnia and a toddler so... what does it even mean.

i just don’t want to be “watched” and pressured and all the BS that comes along with having any kind of “complication”, especially in a big hospital. It’s been really overwhelming.

Oh wow yeah that sounds so overwhelming, especially if you are doing everything to monitor your blood sugar and still can't be sure whats going on, do you think the hospital will make you do the glucose drink then? There must be another way they can test for GD without putting you through the reaction from the glucose drink.
So sorry you still aren't getting great sleep, its so hard when you have a busy day with other kids too so not chance for napping!

I spoke to the midwife about the birth Centre and she was happy for me to go there. I'll have to have my 36 wk appt at the both centre to qualify. As long as there are no issues between now and the birth I can go there. If I have to be induced, I cant. Im happy with either really, just have to wait and see what happens.

@SCgirl things like that do make me worry. I think I'll see how I'm feeling closer the time. I may panic and change my mind.

@MrsKatie oh that is an extra worry. Hope your sugars behave.

I haven't been told about the glucose test as yet. My next MW appt is on 4th Feb. I cant believe that the 3rd try is only a week or so away.... where has the time gone???

Thats great @Nixnax the birth centre will be amazing I wish there was one here i would definitely go!
Nobody mentioned the glucose test to me either and now I'm past 28 weeks so I presume I'm not going to do one. I did have the test in my previous pregnancies but I lived in a different country where it is just standard to test everyone.

@Nixnax I’ve never had a glucose test mentioned to me in 4 pregnancies. I think unless there is a reason, like your urine tests or history, it’s unlikely they will do one. Great news about the birthing centre.

@SCgirl I hope baby flips head down soon. I’ve also heard good things about spinning babies. I believe my little buddy is still breech, but won’t find out until my midwife appt in a few weeks

@MrsKatie i really hope all stays well with your sugars and you don’t end up diagnosed with Gd. It seems to put a lot of restrictions on you for the end of pregnancy.

AFM: nothing new. I am finally feeling less sick most days which is great :)

Ugh I wish they wouldn’t do glucose tests routinely here but every single woman has to do them, they don’t consider health or history at all, you just have to do it. Barf.

Almost 34 weeks for me, the end is very near! Had another growth scan at 32 weeks and baby weighed 4lb 3oz and has moved up off the 10th centile so they’re very happy with that, hopefully just 1 more growth scan and that will be it. We have everything in, washed and ready and hospital bag is packed so just a waiting game now.

Almost 34 weeks for me, the end is very near! Had another growth scan at 32 weeks and baby weighed 4lb 3oz and has moved up off the 10th centile so they’re very happy with that, hopefully just 1 more growth scan and that will be it. We have everything in, washed and ready and hospital bag is packed so just a waiting game now.

Not long to go at all! How are you feeling? Great to hear they are happy with baby’s growth

Not long to go at all! How are you feeling? Great to hear they are happy with baby’s growth
I’m feeling ok, carpal tunnel is driving me round the bend though! Feels quite debilitating at times. How are you feeling?

I’m feeling ok, carpal tunnel is driving me round the bend though! Feels quite debilitating at times. How are you feeling?

will the carpal tunnel resolve when baby is here?
I’m ok thanks, feel like I’ve a long way to go, and just absolutely exhausted all the time. I’m assuming my when I get my bloods done in a few weeks my iron will be low, it usually is, so that’s probably why.

Wow it really is getting close for you thats so exciting! I had carpal tunnel pretty bad with my first and it went away a few months after.

I want to get my hospital bag ready but with all the shops closed I feel like there's lots of stuff I'm missing, and now Brexit has wrecked my online shopping!

Soooooo we have an in home daycare. Had to close due to 3 kids testing positive. I’ve tested negative since that exposure.

Then my mom tested positive. I waited a week from that and tested again. Negative.

Now my grandmother tested positive (I’m assuming my grandfather is as well). So now i wait another week and be tested again. That will be next Tuesday.

My 5 year old is also negative so far.

I’m so stressed.

Haven’t been on here much as I’m just trying to keep us healthy. Baby’s crib is all set up and ready to go. My new dresser is in just not put where it’s gonna go. Car seat base is installed. Hospital bag 80% packed.

@KylasBaby oh wow, that sounds very stressful. I'm glad everyone is recovering from covid. Stay safe and take good care of yourself. You are very organised. Im dying to get everything set up and packed but my OH says its too early at o my 26 weeks :rofl:

Omg you are so close now, so exciting

Try not to stress about it, it seems to be very random how some people are negative.
I sat beside my brother for about 5 hours at Christmas and he tested positive the next day when his symptoms showed, nobody in my house got it and his wife and kids didn't either!
Getting close for you too @KylasBaby

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->