*March & April 2021*

@Nixnax never, ever tell anyone your chosen name. People are absolute assholes when you do. But if you are holding a baby in front of them and say “oh her name is Isla” they’ll be going “oh it’s so beautiful! She suits it so much!” I dunno why people think they have the right to say they don’t like your name choice in the first place.

Isla is a beautiful name. A little girl in my son’s class is an Isla and she is such a sweet little thing

Aw I hate when people do that! My own mother said that to my brother before his little girl was born but now you couldn't pick a better name for her, suits her so much. I love the name Isla its gorgeous!
I have quite a few names to choose from now on my list, but I won't be telling anyone any of them.

Beware.. rant time....

I've had so many people ask us what names we have thought of and when we (stupidly) tell them they turn their nose up at it. Why ask the question and then hurt my feelings by saying 'not sure I like that' or 'I think we can do better than that'. Some people just don't think. Its not their child. Its really making me doubt the name Isla now. I wish I hadn't told them. Im not telling anyone else the name going forward. My friends love it, its family that are doing this.

Aaaaand rant over

Oh I've had that it's awful because I don't no what we having we trying to think of unisex names (so hard) and they go oh have you thought of any erm yes but not saying bugger off :haha: I tell you ladies as don't no you in person but everyone else can take a run and jump :rofl: we have thought of quinn BTW lol xx

Beware.. rant time....

I've had so many people ask us what names we have thought of and when we (stupidly) tell them they turn their nose up at it. Why ask the question and then hurt my feelings by saying 'not sure I like that' or 'I think we can do better than that'. Some people just don't think. Its not their child. Its really making me doubt the name Isla now. I wish I hadn't told them. Im not telling anyone else the name going forward. My friends love it, its family that are doing this.

Aaaaand rant over
Noo, Isla is absolutely beautifu! It was top on my list if baby was a girl. We don't tell anyone the name we have chosen for this exact reason. People don't know when to just keep quiet. They asked. You told them. You didn't need or ask for their opinion.

@tdog Quinn is a lovely name! And unlike a lot of unisex names (Ashley, Lesley..) I think it actually works perfectly for both sexes. It’s manly for a man, but somehow also feminine for a female!
I just read a book called “This time next year” and part of the whole plot line is that 30yrs ago the mums were in labour together and one stole the others name - Quinn!

@tdog I love the name Quinn too. I actually really like Charlie, Jamie and Dylan for unisex names too!

@tdog thays a lovely name

Hello 3rd tri. 28 weeks today.

My OH started nagging me about packing my hospital bag yesterday, because his friends wife went into labour at 32 weeks so now he's panicking. So mission wash all baby stuff started yesterday. Its all so tiny and cute, but takes ages to hang out to dry. So a tumble dryer has been added to the list of things to buy :rofl:

Just ordered 10 pair of apple catcher knickers, thats everything then, just need to pack it all

@tdog thays a lovely name

Hello 3rd tri. 28 weeks today.

My OH started nagging me about packing my hospital bag yesterday, because his friends wife went into labour at 32 weeks so now he's panicking. So mission wash all baby stuff started yesterday. Its all so tiny and cute, but takes ages to hang out to dry. So a tumble dryer has been added to the list of things to buy :rofl:

Just ordered 10 pair of apple catcher knickers, thats everything then, just need to pack it all

Ahhh washing baby clothes is just so lovely :kiss: they are so tiny and cute!!! Definitely makes it so much more real too, seeing them all hanging there.

There are 5 of us, and we use cloth nappies, and we don’t have a tumble drier! You’ll not be washing all that amount of clothes again in one go, so I wouldn’t worry too much. I just find it important to get in to a good routine so it doesn’t pile up, and have a good big airer! I wash a load every morning, and it’s dry by the next day. Then I fold and pop it away straight away. I alternate dark and coloured loads (and do one white load a week with school shirts etc) and it honestly isn’t too much work at all, very doable even in winter.

Summer is a breeze as we have a huge rotary washing line, can do 3 loads in a day. I do hate tumble driers to be honest. Probably won't get one until maybe next winter as we don't need it spring/summer. OH gets through 2 outfits a day. He's the worst one :rofl: hopefully we won't need the dryer, like you said.. I'll just need to be organised. If you can do it with 5 kiddies, surely I can do it with the one :juggle:

There’s been so much going in around here lately ladies.

My 5.5 year old and I avoided Covid even though everyone else in the house got it. I was texted 3x she was tested 2x. My grandmother is in the ICU on a ventilator as of yesterday. Honestly I don’t have much faith she will ever come off. She’s severely immunocompromised and has nasty asthma. She’s also 75 years old.

My hospital bag is packed except for baby’s things which I’ve started washing. I’m hang drying everything so it doesn’t shrink so it’ll take a while to get through. Big sis has picked baby’s outfits for the hospital and coming home lol.

First full day dairy & soy free today. Hoping to avoid big sister’s severe MSPI by eliminating it from my diet before birth. Can take a month to get out of my system so starting today.

So yeah I’m here. Lurking. But just so much going on.

@KylasBaby oh blimey you poor thing, you've had so much to deal with. I really hope grandmother pulls through this nasty virus. Sending you big hugs. What a worrying time.

I hope the dairy and soy free diet helps. Try and keep yourself busy to take your mind off things. Make sure you take care of you as well

@Nixnax I am DYING to pack my hospital bag but I should wait at least 10 weeks. My earliest baby was 2 days before his due date, my other boy was on his due date. And my girls were about a week late. Summer was 8 days late. So I have zero hopes of an early delivery. I also have strong girl vibes this time so I'm assuming I'll be 41 weeks at least. I gotta wait. I'll go even more crazy staring at a hospital bag for the next 13 weeks! Planning to pack it around 38 weeks... we'll see if I can wait that long. I love getting the baby clothes and gear out and washing them, oh it's just the best.

@KylasBaby I have to quit soy and dairy too, I have since I was pregnant with my third... my babies have all had major issues with dairy and a little bit with soy. But it wasn't an issue with my first because I was vegan until she was almost 2! But after my experience with my second (he was horribly colicky, spat up like 8-10x PER feed, had horrible rashes etc. until I gave up dairy/soy) I have quit dairy/soy at about 36 weeks to fully detox. So I'm right there with you. I've actually given them up already cause I'm doing a whole30 and I've also noticed dairy has been making me tired and horribly bloated, and my belly is too gigantic for me to tolerate feeling stretched any further!

I am so so so SO sorry about your grandmother. I hope she is not suffering too much. It's just such a stupid, nightmarish time and I wish to god it would end. Huge hugs and I'm so glad you didn't get it. xoxoxoxo

@KylasBaby so sorry about your grandmother.

@Nixnax my husband is shocking with his washing too. I swear he saves up his clothes somewhere and dumps them all in at once. Some days there are none of his clothes, the next day there are about 4 outfits! Men ](*,)

@MrsKatie I suspect this one will be late, its a family trait in our family. I was 10 days later for mum. I'll be putting the bag in the babies room, otherwise I'll just stare at it haha.

@doggylover ha ha mine creates a pile next to the bed that gets bigger all week. On a sat he'll bring it down and completely fill the basket. Defo a man thing! He moaned he had no pants last week. Told him that it won't wash itself and I'm not house slave. As I've typed this he has brought a small pile down :wohoo:its as if he heard the angry typing

@MrsKatie I suspect this one will be late, its a family trait in our family. I was 10 days later for mum. I'll be putting the bag in the babies room, otherwise I'll just stare at it haha.

@doggylover ha ha mine creates a pile next to the bed that gets bigger all week. On a sat he'll bring it down and completely fill the basket. Defo a man thing! He moaned he had no pants last week. Told him that it won't wash itself and I'm not house slave. As I've typed this he has brought a small pile down :wohoo:its as if he heard the angry typing

If my husband complained about no clean pants I’d use a pair to strangle him :haha:

Does anyone believe in/have experience with the gender and heart rate theory (below 140bpm = boy, above 140bpm = girl). Babies heart rate at my midwife appointment today was 132bpm and I am convinced it’s a boy, even before this. But I can’t remember from any of the others what their heart rate was (although I think my eldest daughter was 140bpm on the day she was induced)

Haha thats so funny my DH does the exact same all of a sudden there's a full basket of washing to do!
I think I will wash all the babies clothes this week and get my hospital bag sorted, still missing a few things though.

@doggylover sorry I don't think the heart rate theory worked for either of mine and baby girls rate was around 140 at last appointment.

@Nixnax I think most 1st babies come late! #1was 6days late, #2 was 1 day past due date! I'm not convinced they have my due date correct this time so I wouldn't be surprised to go a few days over

@doggylover there's been no variation in heart rate for my boys vs girls. And my best friend had 2 babies with wildly different heart rates in utero... both boys! Also sometimes at appointments my baby is in the 140s and sometimes 130s. I'm convinced it's a girl... time will tell!

If my husband complained about no clean pants I’d use a pair to strangle him :haha:

Does anyone believe in/have experience with the gender and heart rate theory (below 140bpm = boy, above 140bpm = girl). Babies heart rate at my midwife appointment today was 132bpm and I am convinced it’s a boy, even before this. But I can’t remember from any of the others what their heart rate was (although I think my eldest daughter was 140bpm on the day she was induced)

nope- for the first two, they were totally opposite for me (girl was low, boy was high)! I didn't even pay attention to it for this girl...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->