*March & April 2021*

Oh @KylasBaby im sorry for the stress! Even if you test positive you’ll be ok, worst case is you and your baby will have some immunity. This virus is so weird. My sister tested positive with zero symptoms whatsoever and her husband never got it, neither did I or my husband or kids and we hung out with her all evening (hadn’t seen her in 5 months! Then couldn’t see her for the rest of our trip. Ugh!!!)

I am struggling emotionally, having some majorly down days. Like scary depressed, it happened 2 days ago then yesterday I was fine now today it’s back. I really hope it’s a random hormonal shift and doesn’t last cause it’s awful and makes solo parenting 4 young kids SO difficult!

@KylasBaby i hope your next test is negative too. Crazy that so many round you have come down with it.

@sunnydee that’s mad about your brother being positive and nobody else getting it! The whole thing is so random, how some get it, some don’t, some get so sick, some don’t even know.

So I’ve never really had Braxton Hicks before in pregnancies. Maybe a few times very close to the end, but a handful. This time I get them quite often, or a least what I think is BH! Strange how pregnancies are so different.

Oh @KylasBaby im sorry for the stress! Even if you test positive you’ll be ok, worst case is you and your baby will have some immunity. This virus is so weird. My sister tested positive with zero symptoms whatsoever and her husband never got it, neither did I or my husband or kids and we hung out with her all evening (hadn’t seen her in 5 months! Then couldn’t see her for the rest of our trip. Ugh!!!)

I am struggling emotionally, having some majorly down days. Like scary depressed, it happened 2 days ago then yesterday I was fine now today it’s back. I really hope it’s a random hormonal shift and doesn’t last cause it’s awful and makes solo parenting 4 young kids SO difficult!

sending you love. Can you talk to you OB about your mental health? Always good to have someone keeping a eye on it, especially during such a crazy tough time in the world.

@MrsKatie sorry you are feeling so down, it could be lack of sleep affecting you too, I agree speak to midwife or OB about it!

@doggylover I have been getting braxton hicks really bad this time too, it was only once or twice a day but this week it seems to be pretty constant, I read that dehydration can play a part too so I'm trying to up my water or I might get some electrolyte drinks.

Yes winters here are also VERY gray and cold and wet and dark and they affect me a lot. Thanks ladies

@MrsKatie I've also been feeling a bit down, which isn't something I normally feel. Being pregnant in a global pandemic with it being winter and gloomy as well as lack of sleep are huge factors, for me at least. I agreed with the others, talk to someone about it. Even if its a friend or us on here, you need to be able to emotionally offload sometimes. Big hugs lady.

I've not had any BH as yet. Well not that I know of, I'm not sure what that feels like.

@MrsKatie I've also been feeling a bit down, which isn't something I normally feel. Being pregnant in a global pandemic with it being winter and gloomy as well as lack of sleep are huge factors, for me at least. I agreed with the others, talk to someone about it. Even if its a friend or us on here, you need to be able to emotionally offload sometimes. Big hugs lady.

I've not had any BH as yet. Well not that I know of, I'm not sure what that feels like.

They are a weird feeling. A bit like a cramp, your uterus tenses right up, and it’s uncomfortable and you can feel it, but not necessarily sore. I’ve had more in the last two weeks than I’ve had in previous 3 pregnancies combined!

I am getting a ton of BH contractions, and have since like 10 weeks!
Thanks ladies, I was talking to a friend yesterday who also has a big family and she’s feeling some of he same things. We rely so much on our community and indoor activities etc this time of year and we just don’t have that right now which I a huge contributor too.

Its so hard to adjust to living this way in the winter without any help.
I thought it was hard having 2 kids to keep occupied I can only imagine how hard it is with more and with older kids too! Mine are 5 and 3 and actually play well together most of the time.
Its great you have a friend in a similar situation, I think even having a weekly video call with friends has made me feel alot better these days, even if there's no wine involved now! Haha

@MrsKatie i am definitely feeling the lockdown fatigue this week. My kids are great and play wonderfully, do their school work beautifully, we are so lucky that the kids two doors down are still there to play with (and their parents happy to do it, and we play outside- even in the rain) and we bubble with my parents so can see them. So we are incredibly lucky!!

But I am just so fed up never being able to take them anywhere. It feels so much harder than spring & summer.

Why hello ladies :hi: sorry been Mia been so crazy here Paul's procedure went really well they are happy of how that went, he still has a hard time breathing tho so he needs the clots on his lungs looking at now to help with his breathing, I've booked a 4d scan for the 31st I'll be 33+1 when I go can't wait to see baby again bit so nervous with the recent news :shrug: had a growth scan and baby has hypronephrosis im hoping it fixes its self tbh, I've read aswell it's mostly boy baby's that get it :shrug: (I still thing this one a boy) it's laid transverse also and I can tell aswell jeez, I've packed my hospital bag already wanted it out way just a few more bits to put in it hope all you ladies are well xx

Why hello ladies :hi: sorry been Mia been so crazy here Paul's procedure went really well they are happy of how that went, he still has a hard time breathing tho so he needs the clots on his lungs looking at now to help with his breathing, I've booked a 4d scan for the 31st I'll be 33+1 when I go can't wait to see baby again bit so nervous with the recent news :shrug: had a growth scan and baby has hypronephrosis im hoping it fixes its self tbh, I've read aswell it's mostly boy baby's that get it :shrug: (I still thing this one a boy) it's laid transverse also and I can tell aswell jeez, I've packed my hospital bag already wanted it out way just a few more bits to put in it hope all you ladies are well xx

So glad to hear that DH’s procedure went well. Although clots on the lung sounds scary.

Not sure what hypronephrosis is so will go and have a Google now, but fingers crossed all turns out ok.

So glad to hear that DH’s procedure went well. Although clots on the lung sounds scary.

Not sure what hypronephrosis is so will go and have a Google now, but fingers crossed all turns out ok.

Thanks lovely honest I'm beside myself with worry with it all :( xx

@tdog im so glad the procedure went well for hubby. I hope he continues to recover well. Hopefully the issue with baby's kidney resolves itself before it makes an entrance into the world. My baby is currently transverse as well. Hopefully she moves soon.

My baby doesn't like to let me sleep. She likes to wake up as soon as I go to bed for about an hour. My MW said that she will probably continue that behaviour after the birth. I'll have to train that one out of her.

Thanks lovely honest I'm beside myself with worry with it all :( xx

after having a Google I see it’s issues with kidneys. My sister’s best friend has two boys, both of whom were diagnosed with this during pregnancy. The eldest had absolutely no problems at all come birth. The second son did need a few interventions over the following years but it was nothing major at all. Just on going monitoring and one small surgery I believe. I remember how worried she was, but even with her second son at birth he was fine, no nicu or anything like that, and was kept a really close eye on. He was actually born just an hour before my own son and she was in the bed beside me in hospital. She was up and out and home with him long before I was with my son.

after having a Google I see it’s issues with kidneys. My sister’s best friend has two boys, both of whom were diagnosed with this during pregnancy. The eldest had absolutely no problems at all come birth. The second son did need a few interventions over the following years but it was nothing major at all. Just on going monitoring and one small surgery I believe. I remember how worried she was, but even with her second son at birth he was fine, no nicu or anything like that, and was kept a really close eye on. He was actually born just an hour before my own son and she was in the bed beside me in hospital. She was up and out and home with him long before I was with my son.

Its reassuring a little that someone not someone who has been through It honest it is worrying but I'm trying to stay positive it will resolve itself xx

@Nixnax I get woken in the night now by the constant kicking :haha: that when I do sleep honest I'm hardly sleeping either it's a nightmare xx

Beware.. rant time....

I've had so many people ask us what names we have thought of and when we (stupidly) tell them they turn their nose up at it. Why ask the question and then hurt my feelings by saying 'not sure I like that' or 'I think we can do better than that'. Some people just don't think. Its not their child. Its really making me doubt the name Isla now. I wish I hadn't told them. Im not telling anyone else the name going forward. My friends love it, its family that are doing this.

Aaaaand rant over

@Nixnax, don’t let other people’s’ insecurity trigger yours. I don’t tell ANYONE our name ideas because most people aren’t secure enough not to say something stupid. I know for a fact many people won’t like what we choose, but no one dares say a thing to my face if I introduce a baby using his/her name as opposed to saying “we’re considering (x) for our baby”. Our youngest is named Mickey (like Mickey Mouse), we love it and it suits him, but if we’d said it before he was born I’m sure people would have had all kinds of stupid stuff to say about it. Isla is gorgeous and don’t let anyone throw you off!

Thank you. I'd never have the front to say that to someone. Im not telling another soul. I love the name Isla and am keeping.

My brother was nearly called Mickey, but my mum ended up calling him George

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->