*March & April 2021*

@MrsKatie oh bless you, that does sound frightfully traumatic. Hormones certainly don't help with that. I know what you mean about the not pushing, I was told to stop and to breathe her head out but I couldn't stop it. Her head came out like a rocket. It's horrible thinking you shouldn't be doing it but you are completely powerless to stop it. Just get yourself well and big hugs.

I'm feeling ok now, almost like I haven't given birth. I've been amazed at how quickly I've recovered.

I have stopped breastfeeding though. I'm just pumping for her now. I've had a mare with her weight, having to BF every 3 hours and then pump to do a top up. I don't know how much she was getting from my breast so it was so hard to gauge. Also my nipples are in pieces from pumping and her being lazy with the latch after having a top up bottle. I made the decision to buy an electric double pump and do it that way. I really didn't want to put her on formula so this was the best option.

Oh @MrsKatie bless ure heart. Of course u cudng stop pushing I think its near on impossible when ure at that point.
U did the best u cud do which is all any of us can do.

I had a really horrific birth with DS2 he was 8lb 15 born at 42 weeks and got so stuck. I'm very tiny and new he was a a big boy.
They had to use forceps it was awful he was born not breathing. That was with the ex.

Mine a DH DD was born at 35+4 weeks 5lb 7 and my placenta was retained and I hemorrhaged real bad and had to be rushed to theater.
I lost alot of blood and had to have blood transfusions it was awful.

Sometimes things just don't go as planned.

You did amazing hon be proud of yourself.

Ure fantastic.

Oh ladies thank you I could cry!
This was the first time I had anything other than a very straightforward birth and it has me super shaken up. The energy in the room when she was out was quiet and tense (even though by then she was totally fine) and it’s hard to think back on that moment. I was so relieved and happy but it was also a strange feeling and in the moment I didn’t understand it.

I’ve heard women say they hesitate to have another baby after a traumatic birth and I’ve always felt like, I get that but of course it won’t happen again! Now I truly understand and it would absolutely influence how I felt if we have another baby. It’s really life-changing.

@Nixnax you are a rock star for pumping. I hope that continues to go well!

@doggylover are you getting any sleep?

@Suggerhoney so glad you and all your babies are ok <3 Hope you’re feeling well.

i think my milk is starting to come in. Such a huge relief!

Congratulations @MrsKatie, sorry you had such a traumatic birth, it sounds very intense and hard to recover from. Hopefully you can speak to your hospital mental health team about your experience. Get some rest and focus on your little one, I love her name too!
@Nixnax fair play to keep up the pumping!

I feel like I've completely forgotten about newborns I am struggling to figure out this baby lol
She seems like she wants to feed all the time but she is spitting up alot after every feed. I think I have an oversupply and fast let down that she can't handle but she just wants to nurse for comfort. I don't know if I should be only feeding from 1 side at a time to try limit her spitting up?

@sunnydee yes I have had success with block feeding- feed exclusively from one side for 6 or 8 or 12 hours, then switch. I think 8 hours is the most common breakdown but I can’t remember!

thanks everyone feeling much better today and my milk is officially in so Celina is nursing nonstop <3

@sunnydee yes I have had success with block feeding- feed exclusively from one side for 6 or 8 or 12 hours, then switch. I think 8 hours is the most common breakdown but I can’t remember!

thanks everyone feeling much better today and my milk is officially in so Celina is nursing nonstop <3
I just love her name!!

@Nixnax I hope the pumping is going well. I know it can be a lot of hard work, huge respect for doing it for Isla! Has her weight gain been slower than the midwives/ health visitors would have liked? It’s great that you are feeling well within yourself, that’s lovely to hear.

@MrsKatie will you get a chance to go through what happened at the birth with anyone? Here we have special teams which are able to help mothers work through birth trauma, especially before they go on to have another baby, so it may be worth exploring for you.

@sunnydee as MrsKatie said block feeding can definitely help with oversupply. I’ve never done it, but a close friend had to do it with her last 2 babies because of fast let down as well, and it almost completely solved their spitting up/reflux issues. Definitely worth looking in to.

AFM: I had some friends over today who I haven’t seen since about august last year. Before actually as it was before I was pregnant. So it was so lovely to catch up with them, and just to see some people again. Our lockdown is easing gradually and now I’m stuck in because I can’t drive after my section, so I still feel pretty isolated. Looking forward to next month and getting out and about some more.

After the traumatic birth of DD I was adamant I didn't want anymore.
Even had the implant.

Was OK for 6 years and content but then the broodyness started hence my now 20 month DS and now this little one hehe.

I'm 41 and 42 in Dec but even now I can't promise promise this one will be my last.

It all feels a bit sad thinking I will never be pregnant ever again.

So don't be surprised if u see me ttc again at 43 lol.

The lady that plays Linda Carter in Eastenders is 6 months pregnant in real life and she is nearly 45 so I guess it's possible.

But if this is my last than I'm thankful for being blessed with the children I have.

Still a bit sad tho

Hope all u lovely ladies are healing and doing well.

Sorry I keep sticking my nose in here but I know alot of you from ttc so like to see how ure all doing.

And @MrsKatie
U don't know how thankful I am to you hon. Almost in tears writing this but I wish i cud hug you and just say thank you to ure face.
I tells every body about you and hon honestly I really do have u to thank for this pregnancy.

Love you. Wud love to stay in touch if u have messenger or insta?

Thanks @doggylover and @MrsKatie I had read about block feeding but got a bit scared! I made an appointment with a lactation consultant, I have a few different feeding issues going on so thought it best to check for tongue tie etc.
My DD had tongue tie released at 2 weeks and it definitely helped with the reflux.

So nice that your lockdown is easing! I feel pretty trapped here at the minute I can't wait to get out and meet some friends again

Thanks @doggylover and @MrsKatie I had read about block feeding but got a bit scared! I made an appointment with a lactation consultant, I have a few different feeding issues going on so thought it best to check for tongue tie etc.
My DD had tongue tie released at 2 weeks and it definitely helped with the reflux.

So nice that your lockdown is easing! I feel pretty trapped here at the minute I can't wait to get out and meet some friends again

I remember my friend used to do a “scissor hold” as well when starting a feed - basically use your first and middle finger to clamp round just behind the nipple (like you were pretending to use scissors). She said if slowed the flow initially so that baby didn’t get caught off guard by a fast let down. Then once that’s passed you can take your hand away. An appointment with a lactation consultant is a great idea, I hope it goes well

Great I can try that too! Its crazy how many different things there are to consider when breastfeeding, this is my 3rd and there has been different challenges each time but I remember it all getting much easier after 6 weeks, so hoping for the same this time too.
Hope you are all doing well and babies too! I love all the cute newborn photos too, I can never figure out how to post one on this site!

Great I can try that too! Its crazy how many different things there are to consider when breastfeeding, this is my 3rd and there has been different challenges each time but I remember it all getting much easier after 6 weeks, so hoping for the same this time too.
Hope you are all doing well and babies too! I love all the cute newborn photos too, I can never figure out how to post one on this site!

Funny I was just saying to a friend today (she’s just had her second after an 8 year gap) that even though she has breastfed before, every baby is a new beginning and a new challenge. The only thing you know from before is it gets better!
I’ve been lucky this time, some intense pain last week but this week most feeds are painless. My nips still feel a bit bruised, but not cracked or grazed anymore which is great as we are only on day 15. With my first son the pain lasted forever (or so it felt!) and both boys have had a posterior tongue tie so I was thinking this time would be rough too.

How is everyone doing?

my little Celina is 8 days old today, just can’t believe how fast it goes, I already am thinking of when we can have another! I would say I’m not crazy but maybe I am! I’m feeling better physically every day thank goodness.

@Suggerhoney you are so so sweet, I will send you a PM :) Your baby boy was meant to be.

How is everyone doing?

my little Celina is 8 days old today, just can’t believe how fast it goes, I already am thinking of when we can have another! I would say I’m not crazy but maybe I am! I’m feeling better physically every day thank goodness.

@Suggerhoney you are so so sweet, I will send you a PM :) Your baby boy was meant to be.

You’re keen! But it’s great to hear that your experience this time hasn’t put you off having any more.

im tired and sore today. I’m bored of being in the house so when the kids were playing in the garden of our neighbour I thought I’d go over too for some fresh air and a chat. I was out about half an hour and it’s shattered me. I am finding this recovery much harder than my last section.

Ugh. Maybe I’m the only one, but I hate hate hate this stage of not fitting any clothes. My trusty leggings are so worn from pregnancy that they’ve several holes now, and they are pretty much the only thing that fits. I bought some new stuff for summer the other day, and it’s so depressingly too small. I’m fed up with wearing the same two things over and over again because nothing else fits :brat:

@doggylover you are definitely not the only one. I have some postpartum jeans from Blanqi, and some postpartum leggings from Beyond Yoga, and that’s what I can wear. They are super high rise and very supportive of my tummy which helps with comfort and also helps things fit somewhat better. But it’s all maternity or postpartum-specific pieces right now for sure. It’s an awkward time and it takes a long time (10-12 months minimum for me) for weight to start coming off.

Hi ladies, hope you are all doing well.

The pumping is still going OK. Although I'm finding that she's getting hungrier now and I cant always pump the full 3oz she needs, so I have to top up with formula because my boobs are drained. I have a pumping bra arriving today so I can pump for longer more comfortably and hopefully increase my supply. Pumping is hard. She didn't gain back her birth weight until she was 17 days old, and even then she was 18g short. The little tyke.

I get what you mean about isolation. OH has gone back to work now, so it's just me, Isla and the dog. I'm treating us to walk to the shops later fir something to do, but the weather doesn't look like it's going to be nice to us.

OH made a comment about us having sex again and maybe having a whoopsie baby, I did laugh, let me get over this one first eh?!

I'm suffering with a horrible rash on my noo now from wearing pads for 3 weeks. I've almost stopped bleeding now finally. Can't wait to stop having to wear them.

@Nixnax oh man yes I’m 11 days in and so over the bleeding too! I get so impatient to feel “normal” again!

Celina nurses aaaaall night, which is to be expected but man. It’s a lot. But reassuring to be able to keep tabs on her all night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->