*March & April 2021*

@MrsKatie I hope you aren’t feeling too big and uncomfortable now the end is here. Fingers crossed you don’t have much longer to wait.

All good here, breastfeeding is going well, I got a weird amount of sleep last night, but I’m still sore and have to be really careful. I lifted my toddler this evening without thinking and ouch, not good.

Ah @MrsKatie I feel for you. Come on baby, you mummy wants to meet you.

@doggylover ooo go careful, don't do too much lifting.

I'm a bit concerned about the breastfeeding. I'm expressing too because she doesn't feed every 2 hours and I want to keep the supply up. I can never get more than 1oz out of each breast. Is that normal? So new to all this

Ah @MrsKatie I feel for you. Come on baby, you mummy wants to meet you.

@doggylover ooo go careful, don't do too much lifting.

I'm a bit concerned about the breastfeeding. I'm expressing too because she doesn't feed every 2 hours and I want to keep the supply up. I can never get more than 1oz out of each breast. Is that normal? So new to all this

that sounds like a good amount to me! Remember pumping is no indicator at all of how much milk you have. Pumps do not remove milk as efficiently as a baby. I’ve never pumped more than 3oz in one go, and have fed all my babies who have been chubby monsters! To be honest I wouldn’t worry about expressing so early, just feed Isla when she wants, keep her close to you, and let her suck as long as she likes when she does feed, and your supply should regulate well. Your supply doesn’t usually settle until about 6 weeks, before then it’s very up and down depending on how baby feeds. Best advice I’ve ever heard for early days feeding is watch your baby, not the clock. If she is feeding well, you can hear her swallowing and she is actively sucking during feeds, she’s feeding 8+ times per day, and having plenty of wet and dirty nappies then you’re doing great!! Don’t panic at all.

sometimes my babies would have fed 3 times in 2 hours, then there are time they’d go for 3hrs between feeds. Babies don’t know time, they just know hunger and comfort, and if you react to those then your supply should do great.

@doggylover thank you for that. I was starting a panic a bit and googled everything. I'll just keep going as I am. She's started sleeping about 5 hours at night, which is nice I can tell you.

How are you getting on?

Awww @Nixnax congratulations! Isla is adorable! Well done that sounds like an intense day! Glad all is going well. The advice from doggylover about breastfeeding is spot on, I don't think you need to worry about her feeding every 2 hours, and I wouldn't go by what you can pump! I could never get very much pumping but breastfed. Enjoy the 5 hour stretch of sleep that's amazing!
Thinking of you @MrsKatie hope you are doing well!

Our beautiful girl was born at 11pm on April 29! 9lb6oz- no name yet. Far and away my hardest delivery. Shoulder dystocia had her stick for a minute and a whole team rushed in. But she’s ok, just the most painful delivery ever! So glad she is here and ok, now to choose her name!

@sunnydee thank you. we had the day 10 check today. She's lost another 30g instead of gaining weight. I'm on a strict 3 hour feeding regime now with a top up brest milk bottle feed every other feed.

@MrsKatie congratulations hun I'm glad she's here safe and sound. Sounds like you had a very eventful labour. I hope you recover nicely. That's a lovely good sized

Oh my!! Congrats dear Katie!!! She's a girl!!! So so so happy for you!! Sorry to hear about the painful delivery. I wish you lots of wonderful cuddles and a speedy delivery from the birth! Mom of 5! Wow wow wow. You're amazing! I'm pretty done with 4!

Congratulations @MrsKatie so happy she is finally here and wow that's a great size.
I was just about to write saying I'm thinking of you and then see ure update.

So happy for you hon.

Our beautiful girl was born at 11pm on April 29! 9lb6oz- no name yet. Far and away my hardest delivery. Shoulder dystocia had her stick for a minute and a whole team rushed in. But she’s ok, just the most painful delivery ever! So glad she is here and ok, now to choose her name!
Wonderful! Congrats! Sorry this was your hardest labour! Thankful she is ok after the shoulder scare!!

@MrsKatie congratulations on you newest daughter!! What wonderful news! Sorry to hear labour was a bit of a nightmare, but sounds like you handled it like the pro that you are. Do let us know when you choose a name, and until then rest up!

@Nixnax she is sleeping 5hrs at night?! What?!!! You lucky woman! Enjoy every second of it! We don’t get that from a kid in our house until they are about 4 (years, not months :haha:) we bred shit sleepers so I am very jealous!

All good here. Almost back to birthweight at day 10, which I’m happy with. Other kids have been a total bloody nightmare all week. Everyone is full of emotions about everything. Like not being first to get their teeth brushed.... so it’s been a long week.
I am bored of being stuck in now, but still not quite healed enough to go out anywhere (plus still mostly locked down) so I’m just bored.

Huge congratulations to everyone that’s given birth. All these new babies are beautiful!!

baby Ada is 10 weeks now and is coming on amazingly, she’s still breastfeeding like a pro (I was hoping to combi feed but she’s less than impressed with formula) she also completely refuses a dummy which is a blessing and a curse all in one :haha:

I hope everyone is doing well

Huge congratulations to everyone that’s given birth. All these new babies are beautiful!!

baby Ada is 10 weeks now and is coming on amazingly, she’s still breastfeeding like a pro (I was hoping to combi feed but she’s less than impressed with formula) she also completely refuses a dummy which is a blessing and a curse all in one :haha:

I hope everyone is doing well

10 weeks?! That’s crazy, I can’t believe that has gone so quickly! Sounds like Ada is doing wonderfully

How is everyone?

My recovery is absolutely brutal this time. I have to remember I lost a lot of blood after the shoulder dystocia. 800mL qualifies as a hemorrhage and I lost 750. I feel achy head to toe and exhausted beyond belief. Also just freaked about what could have happened. The midwife asked me to stop pushing and I couldn't, so she maneuvered her out herself while I was screaming my head off and pushing. I could have done such damage to her and to me and it freaks me out. I have to not think about it too much. My hormones are dropping and I am too weepy/on edge to process anything!

How is everyone?

My recovery is absolutely brutal this time. I have to remember I lost a lot of blood after the shoulder dystocia. 800mL qualifies as a hemorrhage and I lost 750. I feel achy head to toe and exhausted beyond belief. Also just freaked about what could have happened. The midwife asked me to stop pushing and I couldn't, so she maneuvered her out herself while I was screaming my head off and pushing. I could have done such damage to her and to me and it freaks me out. I have to not think about it too much. My hormones are dropping and I am too weepy/on edge to process anything!
That is absolutely rough. What a crazy birth. Of course you cOuldnt stop pushing!!! The hormones after birth make everything a little extra don’t they. It’s hard processing after the fact what happened in the moment and how it could’ve turned out. Thankfully you are both safe if a bit worse for wear! I hope you can really take it as easy as possible caring for a newborn xx

How is everyone?

Gosh that’s a lot to lose, I was given a blood transfusion for losing 650ml with my eldest and i honestly couldn’t have coped without it, you must feel like absolute death warmed up. Make sure you are taking it as easy as you can - not easy with 5 kids, I know.

hopefully once your hormones have settled you can go through the birth with your care giver, and maybe come to terms with what happened. Don’t blame yourself for not being able to stop pushing, that is a natural process your body does not always have control over. It’s not your fault, and you shouldn’t feel guilty because of what could have happened.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->