March babies

Mrs Doddy

1 pink 1 blue
Reaction score
I'm writing a list for clothes - do you think I need a snow suit ?

Hmmmm...it difficult to say with the good old British weather...maybe it is something you can buy closer to the birth? Chances are though if it is cold you could wrap bubba up in layers of clothing and baby blanket if you chose not to buy one xx

I would buy one, I'm due march 4th and I'm going to but nothing expensive. Bear in mind this year it was still snowing in March... and April.... and May... I'd buy a snow suit, hat, gloves suncream, sunhat, raincoat....

if you can hold out they may go on sale at the end of winter and you could get it cheaper right before the baby comes if you feel you need it :)

I was supposed to have march baby with my first and he was a month early and I had to rush out to get one . here it snows till may so its a good idea to have one even if its second hand

Nope. I had my daughter in early February (was supposed to be early March though) and we never had one or needed one. Just dress your baby appropriately for indoors and use a jumper and blankets when you go out for walks. Unless you are going to be spending lengthy amounts of time outdoors in very cold weather (which you probably shouldn't do in the first month anyway), a snow suit is likely going to be too warm for just going from house to car or car to shop or for brief walks around town in and out of shops. And you'd end up having to wake your baby to undress them if they're asleep because a snowsuit is too hot for indoors.

One thing we did find that was nice was a fleecy carseat cover. I have no idea where you'd buy one (my aunt and uncle in the U.S. sent it to us!), but it's basically a fleece lined cover that fits over the carseat, with an opening in the middle. It was great for going between car and house on cold, windy days as it blocked out the wind and kept warm air inside. I think you can leave them on for walks as well, but we never did. Just used blankets. Or a wrap (your body heat is much better for baby than layers of clothes).

My vote is the fleecy car seat cover! you can put blankets and whatnot down....and then a hat and that will be MORE than enough to keep baby warm. I had my first in april and I remember the end of March we had this RANDOM snowstorm.....I was freaking out cause I'm like...I DON'T OWN A SNOWSUIT! hahahaha....but in true Canadian fashion....2 weeks later in April she was born and it was the nicest day ever...we were in t shirts it was so gorgeous out...but we still used the fleecy cover for "cool" nights...which there were lots of...and we could adjust accordingly....I'm due in March this time so we'll be doing the same thing.....the fleecy cover that zips is perfect for them...

I would not bother with a snowsuit unless you are going to use a sling and be out walking with baby.
Also probably depends on the style of pushchair / pram / stroller you have - I use a carrycot style for first few months and if like me then for the first few months, more than likely your little one will be transported in carrycot with blankets or in a car seat (and you should not put a snowsuit on with car seat straps as they make the straps not fit snugly enough in the event of an accident )

xx

I agree to wait for the January sales, you'll get a lovely one in Debenhams much cheaper then ;) Also, you might not even need it as others have said, but DEFO agree about the fleecy car seat cover!! They are a godsend! :thumbup: x

I never used a snowsuit in winter with DS - too warm in car seat/pram even in snow, and wasn't outside long enough in arms to need one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->