March iui clomid with trigger anyone else?

sprite30

Reaction score
Just had my cd 3 today. 4.6 mm lining type3. I have no clue what type 3 means but the nurse said it was great. And the best cd 3 lining I have ever had. I started my clomid this morning even tho my estrogen was slightly elevated at 102.5 she said we might not get the greatest response but it's worth taking the chance since my lining is so good. 23 mm complex cyst on the right which she is hoping goes away on its own and a 12mm follicle already which is why my estrogen was up already.

I go back cd 10 next Wednesday for an ultrasound

Hello! I will be doing IUI this month with a possible trigger shot. I'm cd 14 and waiting for my follicles to get big enough to trigger. I went in today and I have 3 on my right and 1 on my left. I go back on Monday to see if we can trigger. This is our first round of IUI and our 13th month ttc. We have unexplained infertility so hoping that getting the swimmers a little closer will help. I also only did Clomid for 3 days because we started late and I had my HSG on cd 7 so he had me start at 50mg from cd7-9. Fx this is our month!

Hi girls!

LULU-wow you have 4 follicles! I am jealous lol!!!! I also have unexplained infertility and we have been TTC for 16 months! Good luck!!!!!!

SPRITE-wow you already have a 12mm follicle on CD3???? :) Good luck!!!!

I am doing my first IUI clomid/trigger this Wednesday!!!

I did 50mg clomid CD5-9. Just had my ultrasound yesterday (CD10). I had a normal lining and 2 follicles on my right ovary that were 14mm and 12mm. I trigger Monday night and then Wednesday we do the IUI :)

I didn't have any follicles on my left. :( I was really hoping I would have like 3 or 4 follicles to increase our odds of getting pregnant!!!!! Hope my 2 are enough!

Hi Ashley! Yay, I'm excited for you! And remember, all it takes is 1 😊 Fx for you on Wednesday. I think we will be doing the same...finally got a blinking smile on opk, I go in tomorrow for another follicle check and I hope they got big enough over the weekend and then I will ask for the trigger Monday and make my appointment on Wednesday! At least that is what I want lol we'll see what the doc says.

Very exciting ladies. Wow 4 follicles is awesome. I had my check this morning and I had 2 - 22 mm on right and 17 mm on left but I have no left tube so that one doesn't do me any good. I was worried they were going to cancel me today. I have 4 mm of fluid in my uterus. Lining is thin at 9.8. They wanted over 10 -12. They ultimately decided to proceed and put me on progesterone sups. So I trigger tonight with iui tomorrow morning and friday morn. Progesterone on satuday. Bloodwork on Monday and then final blood work March 25th. You'd think going through this once already and having a beautiful daughter as a result would make it easier but it's still nerve wracking.

Now for my favorite part. Testing out the trigger shot.

Sprite- good luck!!! Fx for you that everything goes just right and you get that bfp. I had my IUI yesterday afternoon!! Still very crampy like af cramps, and O pain on both sides, as well as bloated! I started testing out the trigger! Lol it's so sad to get bfp knowing it was a shot they gave you but I don't want to test later and think it's a true bfp when it's still the trigger. How long did it take for you to get a neg after the trigger?

Thank you. Good luck to you as well. I was just telling dh that I have high expectations bc we got pg on our first try with sarah but that I have to try to tone it down a bit because the circumstances are different and I don't want to be too disappointed.

I started getting squinters at 5 dp iui and by 7dpiui it was stark white. No ifs ands or butts. By 10dpiui I was getting squinters but thought they were evaps. On 12 dpiui I was getting clear dark positives.

Thank you! I know what you mean. I was able to conceive ds and dd pretty easily and now #3 here I am. I'm hoping a little help is what we needed, especially getting those little guys closer to where they need to be!

Ok, good to know!! I'm only on 2dpt and they still have some good color but this evenings was def lighter than this morning...this month has made me more nervous than the rest! Fx for us both! 😊

Did your trigger show on a test right away . I just tested and it's not very bright so maybe I did it too early or my tests are bad?

I had my first iui this morn and all went well. Dhs counts were awesome. 24 million when they wanted to see above 10. And hes always been in the 6 to 8 range before. So if this doesn't work it's certainly not his fault.

I'm excited for tomorrow. Nervous for the progesterone sups but so glad not to have to worry about clomid or trigger shot.

Are you doing the pineapple thing? I did it when we got pregnant with sarah but I don't know if it was just a trend back then or if people are still doing it ?

Sprite! I am doing the pineapple core :)

I had my IUI yesterday. Been trying to rest. I am at work today, but luckily I am able to sit for pretty much my entire shift :)

Oh good ashley I won't be the only one. I've gotta pick it up at the store though.

Congrats on the iui yesterday. I've rested a bunch today too but not Necessarily on purpose it's just how it worked out.

Good luck ladies!!

I didn't test right away...I was nervous to see a bfp and know I'm not pregnant but I think it was later that afternoon so a few hours later and I got a positive...the second day was much darker and now today it's getting a bit lighter! Awesome number for the IUI!

I'm not doing the pineapple, I've heard of it but don't know a lot about it...?

Good luck ladies! Looks like we are all in our 2ww. Really hoping we all get bfp this go around.

2nd iui over. Dh only had 14 million today but still better then normal. Today's insemination he hurt like crazy. Maybe my cervix was closing already?

I picked up the progesterone tablets at the pharmacy today. Wow expensive. So I start those tomorrow. Is anyone else taking progesterone? I'm going to have to Google how to use them

Hi Sprite, I only did 1 IUI, and my DR said my husbands count was 15 mil (he said 10 mil and up is what they want).

So they gave me progesterone suppositories also. I have a blood draw this wednesday, if my progesterone is low, then I need to insert one before bed (inside my girly bits). Then I take a home pregnancy test the wednesday after that. If it is negative then I have to stop taking the progesterone (cuz you won't get a period if you keep taking it). I'm planning on BFP so I am not too worried. (positive thinking!!!)

15 million is great. Yep they said they wanted over 10 million and when we got pg wit sarah we only had 6 and 8.

I started the progesterone saturday night and go in for bloodwork tomorrow morning. Not sure why they did it backwards but I am not loving it. She said I would have some discharge and she wasn't kidding. It's kind of horrible with how much discharge I'm having. I'm kind of wondering if it's spotting or discharge? Not fun. That's for sure.

can i ask a dumb question. What is a trigger and do you have to have it when you do IUI? My doctor didn't mention anything about a trigger. I'm on CD 14. I usually ovulate CD17. Yesterday I did monitoring and had a 16MM follicle on each ovary. I did clomid and femara on days 5-9. Not sure if they will give me a trigger shot, but i'm not sure if it's a requirement for IUI.

Hi pirate1974, that's not a dumb question :) The trigger shot is a shot of HCG (Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) or AKA the pregnancy hormone. The shot is given to induce ovulation and is often used along with clomid or another similar medication. I take Clomid days 3-5 (25mg) and then trigger because my follicles don't release the egg on their own with just the Clomid.

So for example, this month I used the trigger shot two nights ago and went in for an ultrasound around 38hrs afterwards this morning. Most places online will tell you that ovulation occurs 24-36 hours after the injection, but that is not always the case. I am a perfect example of that right now. As of this morning, I had not ovulated yet, but my doctor called and said that it can take up to 72 hours sometimes. So there is still hope that it will work.

We are not doing IUI's right now, but have done them in the past. Doctors will often use the trigger when doing IUI so that they can time ovulation more precisely, but I'm not sure that it is a requirement. What is important is that they are monitoring the development of your follicles by doing regular ultrasounds. If you ovulate on your own with just the clomid, a trigger shot should not be necessary :)

I'll be starting on Clomid 50mg in April once AF starts which is supposed to be on the 8th. Then I'll do a trigger shot followed by my IUI. Need a ttc buddy 😍

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->