march lambs 2010 come on ladies

morning girls,

also still here I'm afraid - me, Becki and Gnomette are hanging out for the place of last march mummy!

got a sweep booked for sometime today - keeping everything crossed!

wow last night was the best night we had with Elliott, thanks to my mum and DH, basiclly Elliott has a clinginess habit and hasnt slept since birth for longer than 45 min unless hes laid on one of us or in his carseat so last night DH had said enoughs enough and made me put him in his crib after feeding and changing him and made me leave the room and we went to the next room and he cryed off and on for nigh on an hour before going to sleep then slept 5 1/2 hours before waking which ment he did 7 1/2 hours between last feed last night and this morning, DH then made me call my Mum in Australia and talk to her for over an hour to get all of everything that has been wearing me down mentally off my mind caus i hadnt had a real coversation with Mum since Elliott was born, then this morning Elliott fed and within an hour and a half of waking for his feed was back asleep and in his crib again, so i got up with Nate and have made him breakfast while we watch Peppa Pig and Thomas the Tank engine.
I feel like a new woman today,

I know it goes agianst what alot of people say to do with a baby this young letting them CIO but when they are overtired and dont need anything else doing for them like feeding or changing then although its really hard i do believe it works and ends you with a more settled baby its what we did with Nathaniel ( he was in neonatal the first week and couldnt be picked up for every cry so had to learn to settle himself ) and he was the calmest most content baby ive ever known in all my years working in childcare as a Nanny, and hes a very calm mature toddler thats quite independant but knows his parents love him. So my Mission is to stick it out and to grin and bear it through the tough moments over the next few days and hopefully Elliott will fall into a nice feeding sleeping pattern soon so i can cope with both of them when DH goes back to work on Saturday,

sorry about the essay but just needed to say all that,
Good luck for our overdue marchers and congrats to the early April babies and congrats to all the March mummies ive not seen since they had their babies

good morning ladies front page all updated hope i got it all right lol if not just let me know
lynnikins so glad you had a good night at last bet it felt good to have a ghood chat with your mum ella was pretty good last night aswell fed at around 10 then slept till 1 and then woke up at 6 shortly followed by the rest of them lol.
mummy dee hope youe sweep will set things off today i think that by this time tomorrow cocoaone will either have her baby or be well on the way fingers crossed for all 3 of you ella is being weighed again today fingers crossed she has put on some more weight hope every on is gettin on ok xxxx

big hugs andi - sleep deprivation is horrendous!

mw in an hour for the sweep - keep your fingers crossed please!

ooh good luck i have my fingers crossed for you:hugs:

not a bad night as such just waking evry 3 hours and then taking an age to ghet back to sleep afterwards, and she has been grizzling today and been sick heaps tonight and i had to take her to the osteopath this morning, dan's 1st day back at work so i had to drive to town and take her on my own which was challenging enough as i've been having panic attacks even thinking about driving with her. I've been put on citalopram and quetiapine and so i took a quetiapine an hour b4 i left and it seemed to help, i was calm, surprisingly as just as i was about to leave we had a poo explosion and i had to change her entire outfit so then i was stressing that we were gonna be late but i was ok, so the pills mustve worked, and i still got there on time and managed to give her a wee feed b4 we got called in. i have a doctors appointment in the morning even earlier so another venture out. its wierd coz i know how much time to allow myslef to get ready but still not sure how much time to allow to get the both of us ready lol

well Elliott stayed asleep right till i got him up for his 10am feed after going to the doctor and getting my blood test done and hes about to go back down while we give his big brother lunch and eat something ourselves and then Nate will go down for his nap at the time we need to get Elliott up from his. I think i could work with this routine easily enough by myself, will have to see how the rest of the day goes though

you will get used to the amount of time it takes to get the both of you ready, with me and DH it takes about half an hour to get both the boys ready to go out so would probably take me more like 45 min on my own, honestly though DH takes longer to get himself ready than it takes to do the kids,

Andi hope she settles better soon now shes gotten a bit bigger if shes not waking at night and feeding often enough during the day ( 3-31/2 hrly ) then she should be ok to do longer at night so i would not wake her up and just feed her when she wakes up.

I don't wake her in the night she always wakes me. at 1am and 4am. and then about 7.

anyone else find the milki let-down really strange? I get it even when i think about breastfeeding or sometimes jusdt when i hear Ella. ans when i'm pumping from one, the other will swell up lol

your boobs will let down at the same time so when shes feeding or your pumping from one then the other will go too its annoying isnt it lol,

how often is ella feeding in the day? are you waking her in the day to feed reuglarly,

she wakes and feeds evry 3 or 4 hours. if she has been sleeping for 4 hours we will wake her to feed her. Also don't want her sleeping all day and then having lots of energy at night which she seems to be doing. she sleeps heaps in the day

try waking her more often in the day rather than letting her go for so long, and try to feed as soon as she is properly awake then do the nappy change and allow her 30min or so of active playtime (face to face interaction with you or lying on a playmat on her back so long as she stays awake) before putting her to bed, after her "dinner time " feed then shorten the play time and dim the lights and try to keep noise levels lower to help her not get over stimulated and then in the night feeds then its a quickfeed and a nappy check/change and back to bed quickly all with as little light as possible and minimal talking to her.
( this is advice i used with ds1 and it worked and mum reminded me about last night )
with DS1 i found if i set my tv shows to record and just had the radio on in the evenings then he wasnt getting over stimulated by the noise and sound from the tv which helped heaps in getting him going to sleep better in the evenings

can you add me please :flower: mia was due 23rd march but born 19th march by elective c section
xxx

being lazy - copied and pasted this from the overdue march thread! ;)

well mw came for my sweep at 1230. my cervix had moved and was FAVOURABLE so we got down to the nitty gritty!

she managed to stretch it to 1-2cms and said it was very soft. apparently I got a 6 on the bishops score which was good! his head is so far down she couldnt feel any waters really round it, but she managed to sweep my membranes 3 times - it was soooo bloody painful! she managed to make me bleed, and have had some pink tinged mucus since which is good. I also had a small contraction between each sweep.

apparently she has a very good success rate so she was very hopeful I would go into labour within 24hrs - hopefully telling you lot hasnt jinxed it! have had serious period pains and on and off backache since, and also some contraction which are much worse when I am standing up so trying to stay active as possible. nothing timeable yet but they are lasting about 30 seconds when I have them!

hope it works Dee i really do,
I have Nate sitting here watching cartoons being noisy enough to keep Elliott awake nicely till its time for Elliott to go back to bed then will spend some quality time with Nate before putting him to bed, things are running a bit late caus DH decided to clean the kitchen ( very nice of him but hes so anal with his cleaning it takes forever ) so is late putting the vege on to go with dinner and i was having a nap so wasnt aware

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->