march lambs 2010 come on ladies

I forgot to mention that Ronan was 2 weeks 2 days early (due March 2nd) and weighed 7 lb 7 oz.

Lynnikins, I am pretty much on the same page as you with your LO needing to learn to settle themselves. In fact, it's my current rant that parenting classes don't cover this and just tell you it's ok to spoil/cuddle your newborn and that they'll sort themselves out in time.

Ronan was only falling asleep/sleeping well if he was nursed to sleep or over our shoulder. It's a habit we got into early because he needed to be kept upright for half an hour or so after a feed due to his reflux and any newborn is going to fall asleep most of the time within a half hour of being fed!

7 weeks later and I was exhausted and both my husband and I tired of having to take shifts with cuddling the monkey so he could get a few hours of solid sleep. I was lucky if I got 4 hours sleep in a day broken up in stretches of 1 hour, 30 mins here, 40 there etc.

Come Sunday night and we get home from Easter dinner at the in-laws where hubby and I had to take turns holding him through the meal so he'd stay settled and I was tired and the monkey just wasn't going to be 'put down' so I could get some sleep.

I'd been following the Sleep Sense thread here in the BNB groups after it started in the Baby Club and decided enough is enough and so began our journey!

I won't say it has been easy, but as far as night sleeping goes it's been effective. We've only done it 2 nights now and while I've had to endure the monkey crying more than I've ever let him cry before, with the program, I don't have to leave him cry it out alone and pick him up, soothe and calm him and then put him back in his crib. It's taken him a couple hours in the beginning both nights (we're hoping this lessens as he gets the hang of it, obviously!) but he's slept 5 1/2-6 hrs the first stretch before waking for a feed around 3-3:30am and then going back down for another 3-3 1/2 hours before waking for the morning which is a phenomenal change in his night time sleeping habits already. I've managed to get 6 odd hours of sleep in the last 2 nights myself.

We're still working on daytime naps but for 2 days investment so far, I'm really pleased with his progress. I am just feeling somewhat irritable and regretful that we're having to do this now at 7 weeks rather than someone having educated us and being aware of a baby's need to learn to self settle from birth. I know, I could have educated myself but with everything else a new expecting mother has to deal with, and people telling you newborn infants just sleep and eat their whole first month, who would think to 'learn' this!?

im glad you got there in the end hun better at 7wks than 7 months though,

I agree. I am really kind of kicking myself and upset though that I hung onto the 'it gets better' mantra thinking it'd just sort itself out. It would have been a lot better, and I could have enjoyed the past 7 weeks a lot more if I'd known this in the beginning. Right now, I'm going to look back on the first weeks of the wee monkey's life and it's going to be a hazy sleepless blur of tears and frustration with a few good moments in between.

tbh hun you wont remember the first weeks very well once hes a few months old anyway thats why its so important to take those photos so you have things to trigger the happy memories of the early days,

Ive just put Elliott back to bed and he will be up for his last feed that i'll wake him for at half 12 then hopefully i'll get a good 5-6 hours out of him before he wakes again and me and DH can get that sleep in too,

she wakes and feeds evry 3 or 4 hours. if she has been sleeping for 4 hours we will wake her to feed her. Also don't want her sleeping all day and then having lots of energy at night which she seems to be doing. she sleeps heaps in the day

that sounds exactly like what mia does (only im ff now :() xx

ooh just seen beki (cocoaone) has had her baby:happydance: congratulations to her:hugs:

mmummydee is in labour in hospital, good luck hunni hope it all goes nice and smoothly

Congrats Cocoa and good luck mummydee!

hey think im the last one. Was due 31st march but he's still not made an appearence and midwives dont think its likely that he will before induction

So my march lamb will be born mid april!

Did any of you have to be induced because you were overdue?
And if so and you've done a birth story can you link me to it please?

xxx

Hun i had my m/w appointment on the thursday and she said she would probably be a couple weeks away yet and I went into labour on the sunday nigh/monday morning. Goodluck I hope it's soon!!!

laura ive added my birth story link to my siggie i was induced at 11 days over with EJ

Dee has had her little boy just saw the post on facebook, dont know if she can get on here from her phone

yay!!!! congrats girls!!!!
typing one handed st the moment lol... jesse is well, he had a few days of horrendous screaming, turned out to be bad colic (not sure on this as all i have to do is move him n he burps like a champion continously, n his farts are horrible lol!!!) he seems to be much better now tho, thank god, i was getting no more than 2rs sleep! sooo tired n hormonal.
we are comp feeding now, he gets just one feed of formula a day, n thats at night because i dont seem to have enuf milk, n i know everyone says demand feed n u will have enuf, but thats not the case for me, i literall cant produce enuf.
my iron levels are still horribly low, 70!!! may needa transfusion apparently :(
ohh n jesse was 9.5lbs

i lost 2 and a half litres of blood Tiger, lucky i'm not dead! But they gave me a transfusion and I felt so much better after! if they offer you one take it! i was scared though, but all it is is a drip you have to have for hours and hours. hope u feel better soon xxx

im scared of it lol ...
finally did my sig lol, does the pic look heaps big or just my computer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->