March-mallows 2016 Parenting Group

Milestone alert! Zodi just rolled from tummy to back !!! He was pretty bummed to be on his back again and I flipped him over and he started rolling again :haha:

I can't get over how ridiculously funny babies are

How are we all doing ladies :)

BF is going great still. Zodi has not been weighed since 7.5 weeks but he sure looks like he is growing big. Right now he is chattering to his toys in his Pack N Play :cloud:
I keep getting blebs on my nipples :nope:

So far Zodi can roll both ways from tummy to back. But I think it's his head that is tipping him over :haha: He is very talkative and smiley and loves to be moved around.

Ouch to the blebs.....just make sure you are clearing them so they don't get infected.

D is also such a happy baby. My mom even commented today that he is way more relaxed in my arms then with her. He is not rolling just let but close. He will roll himself and lay on his side for a long time. He sure loves his momma.

Hi lovely ladies and babies.

Hope everyone is doing well.

I am still breastfeeding Elijah, this is something I am very proud off since I couldn't do it with Isaac.
Elijah continues to be a dinky dot and last Thursday weighed 11lb 5. He has been sleeping 7.30 to 6.15 for the last week, little superstar. It does worry me that he has dropped a night feed by sleeping through and may affect his weight gain.

He is smiley and chatty and I am blown away with love when I see him smiling at his brothers antics, he is so aware of Isaac and his face lights up when he sees him.

It's tiring and rewarding in equal measure. I never seen to get anything done anymore, Elijah likes to be close all the time and does demand a lot of attention so I know is sac feels a bit left out. I wish I could get a better balance if mummy and Isaacs time but it seems unachievable at the moment.

Great up date Dawn. Sounds like things are really working out for you.

:wave: Hi Dawn it's really great to hear from you!!
That must be something to see Elijah smile around Isaac. I can't wait (though that is a few years down maybe). Congratulations on breastfeeding E. Are you still supplementing with formula or EBF

Zodi got weighed last Friday and was only 10lb10oz, so he too is a dinky dot :haha: he seems to be alert and healthy though and is on his own curve.

I think I have gotten the bugger used to nursing every hour :wacko: but he sleeps anywhere from 8ish-10ish until 4-6. Then he's up for an hour max and is back asleep until 9 or 10! So I guess he's just making sure he gets enough in the day :haha:

Oh ladies, hubby has gone for a vasectomy today. It's all so final :-(
It definitely is the right decision for us but yeah still feeling sad.

Elijah is good. Sleeping super well, but aware of the 4 month sleep regression so we will see how that goes. Still breastfeeding with two top ups a day (4 ounce breast milk and 4 ounce formula) as weight gain still slow.

Hope you are all well xx

Yeah it is so final.

I have a good sleeper here too, though during the day can be up and down. He is a light sleeper during the day, :shrug:

Just had a read back, lovely to see how everyone is doing.

Mark is doing great, currently enjoing his first seaside vacation. We have a nice beach house so we're staying here instead of in the boiling city. Hd loves having both of us around all the time, the bezch, the waves, lying for hours in the garden observing the world around him.

He's such a sweet baby, all smiles and giggles and babbles. He generally sleeps from 8 pm to 5 pm, gets a bottle and back to sleep for another 3 hours. So far so good.

In the last month he's grown a lot and eats a tonne but doesn't seem to be gaining much weight. He can't hold still for the life of him though so I think he's burning up a lot of calories constantly wiggling around.

He'll be three months tomorrow and I think that it will be our last bf day. He starts crying when he sees the boob, tries to hit it and puts his little claws out and tries to scratch me from frustration since I hardly have any milk left ( I pump about 1 oz from both). I am quite sad and I feel like I'm letting him down somehow although it's been a battle for over a month now and I really did my best. I'm trying not to get too emotional about it. :cry:

For milestones, he can do "the crawl" but he only uses his legs so he looks like a wounded soldier 😄 He tries to hold his bottle by himself and can roll back to tummy, buy not tummy to back. He recognizes me and hubby in a crowd and cannot settle if one of us is not around. We're going for a wedding in two weeks and he'll spend the night with my parents so I'm keeping my fingers crossed he takes on to them well. He kinda likes my dad since he's got a beard which is apparently fascinating :)

Have a great summer ladies, kisses for all your little march monkeys :kiss:

Good to hear from you keepinitreal. At least you were able to give him milk for 3 months of his life. That is great. Though D was also doing some of the things you are describing. Wonder if it has to do with more of a wonder week or not.

He is such a clever little boy.

Your vacation sounds really nice.

My babies have all done those things frequently too and my supply is fine. Pumping isnt an indication of supply either as babies are far more effective than a pump and some women just dont respond to pumps. Are there other signs that you don't have enough milk? have you seen an LC or tried boosting your supply with foods, herbs or pharmaceutials? It sounds like you don't really want to stop bfing so I'd hate to see you give up if there is anything else you can try.

Allfor, NDH thank you for your kind words.

Yes, we have tried pretty much everything in the book - from pumping round the clock, more food, different foods, more liquids, breastfeeding teas (artificial and self made concoctions), alcohol free beer, massage with warm compresses. My HV basically said that the only thing we could try is nursing every hour, but I said no to that - we have built a very nice routine and I think that good sleep is just as important for Mark as my milk. God knows some babies get neither.

I moaned about BF to my friends and family yesterday as well and all of them pretty much said not to stress about it - three months is better than nothing, so I'm rolling with that.

DH did the best thing to relax me though - we had a little barbecue with some of our neighbours here at the seaside yesterday after Mark went to bed and when he was serving drinks, he brought me a glass of red wine. I opened my mouth to tell him off and he was looking at me with a wide grin :) Even offered to take the night feed because I said I dare not drink after so much time and then handle the baby. Needless to say, I got tipsy from 1 glass so I am now officially a light weight. But that episode really took my mind off things.

I'll do thing differently if we have another child but I'll focus on the positives now.

Here's a quick little photo of my guys enjoying their time together. I would love yo see photos from your LO's!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 5
Sounds like you've done everything you can then. I just wanted to make sure you didn't fall into the common thinking that normal baby behaviours and stabalising milk supply indicate poor supply as many think. You should be proud of yourself for making it this long and getting him off to a good healthy start :thumbup:

How are we all? Doing great here. Zodi is getting so big, 5 months yesterday on the 26th. How the heck did that happen?

Been starting on solids, he goes nuts anytime we sit down to eat :dohh: cute but overwhelming especially when I'm really hungry and he's just kicking and grabbing at anything I bring to my mouth. But he's loved everything I've given him--banana, apple, peach, nectarine, onion, bell pepper, zucchini

We've been going swimming at creeks and lakes which he also loves. Can see so much of his personality now it's just wild. He really is just his own little person

Attachments

• P7240338.jpg
    P7240338.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 5
Anyone ttc again?

We are starting next month.

Grace is growing so fast. Started on puréed foods the other day, after 3 days of non interest we took a break and now she's gobbling it up as fast as I can spoon it in!

Love this little grumble so much.

We've been NTNP since we resumed BDing wt 3 weeks pp. But as I'm exclusively bfing and he seldom goes more than an hour between feeds I don't expect my cycle to return anytime soon. Never know though, my eldest fed almost as often as he does and my period returned at 4.5 months, and I was pregnant before she was 9 months. Second time it didn't come back for 13 months, so it could go either way. I take a pregnancy test every two weeks since I don't have a cycle to go by.

J is so lazy - he rolled once the other day but hasn't done it since haha.

We are doing natural gross motor development so he's never had tummy time and we don't do assisted sitting either, so I know rolling does tend to come later when they do back to front first. No solids for him yet either until he starts to eat food off our plates on his own. We've done BLW that way with both our others - one started a week before 6 months and the other started just after 5 months when she pinched steak right off my fork and wouldn't let go of it until she sucked it dry haha. I always look forward to seeing what they will go for first from what they've been watching us eat.

He still only sleeps on me for naps 95% of the time, while feeding too so I can't just pop him in a carrier and get on with things while he sleeps, and he mostly sleeps on me at night too, though he is starting to sleep more when put on the bed beside me. Its frustrating not to be able to do as much as I would like to, but I know they are only this dependent for such a small amount of time so I am cherishing it.

A lot of people would probably classify us as NTNP but I personally don't. We use the pullout and condoms and we don't have :sex: very often (it's only been 3 times since DD was born) and I can't take hormonal birth control. We'll be using natural family planning like we always have and I'm hoping that we'll TTC in September 2018 but right now DH is pretty sure that he's done. We haven't started solids yet either and won't until at least 6 months.

OMG ladies.....

https://i65.tinypic.com/ip9kbp.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->