March-mallows 2016 Parenting Group

For some reason, I got the urge to update here today.

Mark is 13,5 months old and doing great. But I should probably update from the top.

We stopped BF at about 3 months because I literally had no milk left, so he ended up on the formula. A week after that, we were invited to a wedding and he had his first real sleepover with my parents. I called the day after (completely hungover, as you might imagine, since it was my real first night out after more than 12 months of not having a sip of alcohol) and asked how many times they got up during the night. Answer? Not once.

So year, Mark enjoys his sleep. A lot. He's been sleeping for 12h since m3 (about 8 p.m. to 8 a.m.) and he still likes his afternoon nap. He joined the nursery at 11 m.o. (which is the standard here in Slovenia, we have 11m maternity leave so I didn't have to work before that and I still had 2 weeks paid leave from last year so we had a really proper introduction to the nursery). He's a really social baby, loves everyone, especially the kids and he loved the nursery since day 1. I feel really happy since I don't have to worry about that when I'm at work.

Maternity leave went by so fast - first, it was winter, then it was Christmas, then it was time for nursery. I had such a hard time adjusting to our new routine of getting up at 7 a.m. and actually facing the world dressed in professional attire - I never knew it would be so difficult after a year of shorts and untidy hair ;)

We started baby led weaning at 6 m.o. He doesn't care about food much, really, he eats because he has to and stops the minute he thinks he's full. We don't complicate things much on the food front - he gets what we're having (minus the heavy seasoning) and seems to enjoy the flavors but never eats quite enough. Doc says not to worry, though, he has plenty of time to settle into that. He still gets his night bottle.

Anyway, he's become a bright, inquisitive young man who is all smiles, almost never cries (I swear that he does nag a bit once in a while but we only hear his real crying when he gets the shots or falls down really bad - so about 6 times all together now), loves everyone, is very adaptable and easy-going. I think we're going to stick to one because everyone keeps telling us that we can't possibly get this lucky twice.

That's it from us, I'd love to hear from you girls!!!

I'm only speaking for myself in this, as I really don't know how everyone's LO's are actually behaving but my Lydia is very easy going as well. She is the sweetest, although we have started to venture in to a few tantrums when not getting what she wants. They aren't really tantrums, it's like she is acting how she thinks she is supposed to act :haha: ...she has an older brother and sister who do act out at times so understandable. She isn't fully committed to it lol. She sleeps well, has been a bit sickly since 5 months old but I think that is more from attending a daycare 32 hours a week as I work full-time.

Great updates!!!

Zodi is coming along well too he is a stubborn boy though lets you know when he's not getting his way. But we find that saying bye to whatever he's doing and hello to the next thing helps.

He doesn't sleep through the night yet, still in bed with us but that's ok. We nurse quite often and it seems like sometimes its his only source of comfort. He does well when grandma and grandpa are looking after him.

Silas, congrats on your BFP!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->