MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

38 weeks today. Just a few cramps and a good bit of pelvic pressure and my bump dropped more yesterday. We've to do social isolation for the next two weeks in Ireland so feeling a bit stressed about all that. Schools are closed as well. Already feeling a bit cabin feverish lol

Has anyone any more updates?!

Still nothing from me lol, had some back pain earlier but thats it. My hands & feet have swelt up but not to point i need to be checked out... im convinced she wont be comin natural & tht i will be induced on Thursday so im trying to keep busy to make time pass quicker lol

Still nothing from me lol, had some back pain earlier but thats it. My hands & feet have swelt up but not to point i need to be checked out... im convinced she wont be comin natural & tht i will be induced on Thursday so im trying to keep busy to make time pass quicker lol

Oh no, mind yourself with the swelling. I really hope she comes early for you. Have you tried anything else to kick start labour? Thursday isn't too long of a wait if nothing happens so at least you know you will have her in your arms this day next week!

38 weeks today. Just a few cramps and a good bit of pelvic pressure and my bump dropped more yesterday. We've to do social isolation for the next two weeks in Ireland so feeling a bit stressed about all that. Schools are closed as well. Already feeling a bit cabin feverish lol

Has anyone any more updates?!

Did you get the text from the Coombe saying that we are not allowed to bring anybody with us for appointments?
I'm really hoping baby makes and appearance before my appointment on Monday just in case I have the same ordeal as the last couple of times...:/ But doesn't look like anything will happen.

My SPD is getting worse, moving in bed even after a quiet day is absolute agony... I think my hips have separated more, it clicks more and feels looser (and a lot more sore).

You are superwomen for sure! Hope you can get a bit of rest. How long will you be in the hospital for?
Getting home today. So in for 2 nights. Am sore this morning but mainly with trapped wind TMI. Need to ask what can do about it as agony. Hope cabin fever doesn’t get too bad. Hugs x

Getting home today. So in for 2 nights. Am sore this morning but mainly with trapped wind TMI. Need to ask what can do about it as agony. Hope cabin fever doesn’t get too bad. Hugs x

Oh huni it’s horrible I remember it with the twins. See if they will give you some laculose and try and get some peppermint. Was the only thing that helped me. Hopefully it will pass pretty quickly. So glad your getting home x

I was just going to say that peppermint is supposed to help. Haven't tried it myself.

I'm still here. 40+2 and my appointment tomorrow :(. No signs of baby wanting out lol

Did you get the text from the Coombe saying that we are not allowed to bring anybody with us for appointments?
I'm really hoping baby makes and appearance before my appointment on Monday just in case I have the same ordeal as the last couple of times...:/ But doesn't look like anything will happen.

My SPD is getting worse, moving in bed even after a quiet day is absolute agony... I think my hips have separated more, it clicks more and feels looser (and a lot more sore).

I did yeah. Glad I'm at the end. Feel bad for all the partners that will have to miss the scans now. What was the ordeal that you had the last couple of times? Any sign of labour starting for you?

I did yeah. Glad I'm at the end. Feel bad for all the partners that will have to miss the scans now. What was the ordeal that you had the last couple of times? Any sign of labour starting for you?

When they do the quick scan the stomach size is always weeks behind so they start talking about keeping me in (induction or emergency section depending on what else they see). Then I'm sent in to the scan department to check baby, placenta, umbilical cord, growth curve...back to the doctor to make a decision.

So far it has been ok, baby has been fine and they were happy to send me home but it's upsetting when you are going through it, not knowing, being sent to one place to the next.

Last time the clinic was over too so I was sent to the perinatal centre, only for the doctor to be called on an emergency so had to wait until that was sorted...then wait for him to get himself up to date with the situation, etc. Total 6 hours.
I guess it makes it worse that a friend had a still birth under similar circumstances (holles st) but at an earlier stage of pregnancy but it's always at the back of my mind.

I'm hoping there are no concerns next time and it's straight forward.

When they do the quick scan the stomach size is always weeks behind so they start talking about keeping me in (induction or emergency section depending on what else they see). Then I'm sent in to the scan department to check baby, placenta, umbilical cord, growth curve...back to the doctor to make a decision.

So far it has been ok, baby has been fine and they were happy to send me home but it's upsetting when you are going through it, not knowing, being sent to one place to the next.

Last time the clinic was over too so I was sent to the perinatal centre, only for the doctor to be called on an emergency so had to wait until that was sorted...then wait for him to get himself up to date with the situation, etc. Total 6 hours.
I guess it makes it worse that a friend had a still birth under similar circumstances (holles st) but at an earlier stage of pregnancy but it's always at the back of my mind.

I'm hoping there are no concerns next time and it's straight forward.
Oh god that's awful. Its good that they are being thorough but frustrating that you had to wait so long to be given the ok. It's great that you got to full term without having to be induced early though. I'm always a bit sceptic when they measure the size of the baby. With DD1 I was told she was measuring small for most of the pregnancy. I had lots of growth scans then towards the end they were saying she would be 8lbs or over. She was 6 lbs 4 and healthy. This time it's the same. He's measuring small but has grown steadily. I've had two growth scans and they were happy with them but they estimate he will be small. Makes me think he will be bigger lol They gave my friend an awful fright saying her daughter was measuring too small and even gave her steroid injections through out her pregnancy. Her daughter was over 8lbs when born and she went 7 days past her due date. I do think its great that they can be over cautious at times as it means you get extra scans but sometimes the baby is just lying in such a way that it's impossible to know for sure of the size. I'm keeping everything crossed for you that all will be grand for you tomorrow. Maybe have your hospital bags with you just in case they decide to keep you in?

That's great that you got to home today. Hope you feel a bit more comfortable now xx

How's everyone getting on?

I've been up since half 4 with lower back cramps and contractions. Not sure if they were braxton hicks as there was a bit of pain to them. They kept coming on and off until about half 6 then eased off. Had a shower then and felt a bit better. Not sure if this is the start of labour for me or just usual pre labour pains. I had very similar pains the day before I had DD2. She was 6 days over though and I'm 38+2 today so not sure what to think! At least there is no school for the next few weeks so I can relax a little.

That's great that you got to home today. Hope you feel a bit more comfortable now xx
Thank you a bit less painful from the wind but overall a bit sorer now. Think with the spinal etc fully out system now. She is worth every single bit of pain. Can’t wait to see your baby photo x

I've been up since half 4 with lower back cramps and contractions. Not sure if they were braxton hicks as there was a bit of pain to them. They kept coming on and off until about half 6 then eased off. Had a shower then and felt a bit better. Not sure if this is the start of labour for me or just usual pre labour pains. I had very similar pains the day before I had DD2. She was 6 days over though and I'm 38+2 today so not sure what to think! At least there is no school for the next few weeks so I can relax a little.
Exciting. Keep us posted. Hopefully it’s the start for you. Xx

Every pregnancy is different. This could be it! My boys were both born in week 39 and this little one is 4 days overdue already!

So my appointment today was very quick. They didn't take measurements of the tummy or anything. They were trying to get people in and out. Told me I was favourable and did another sweep...I'm not hopeful that it will do anything.
I'm booked for an induction on Sunday if nothing happens. They are not happy to let it go longer with previous concerns. They said they could induce me today but are happy to give it a few days and see if it starts on its own and reduce the risk of ending up in csection etc.

I'm feeling a little miserable today. Didn't sleep AT ALL last night, my restless legs and being so uncomfortable didn't let me. So I only got to sleep at 10:30 this morning after my appointment. Slept for a few hours and got up sooner than I wanted because I want to me able to get even a couple of hours tonight.

Every pregnancy is different. This could be it! My boys were both born in week 39 and this little one is 4 days overdue already!

So my appointment today was very quick. They didn't take measurements of the tummy or anything. They were trying to get people in and out. Told me I was favourable and did another sweep...I'm not hopeful that it will do anything.
I'm booked for an induction on Sunday if nothing happens. They are not happy to let it go longer with previous concerns. They said they could induce me today but are happy to give it a few days and see if it starts on its own and reduce the risk of ending up in csection etc.

I'm feeling a little miserable today. Didn't sleep AT ALL last night, my restless legs and being so uncomfortable didn't let me. So I only got to sleep at 10:30 this morning after my appointment. Slept for a few hours and got up sooner than I wanted because I want to me able to get even a couple of hours tonight.

I hope you sleep better tonight. Have you had any pains since the sweep? That's good that they booked you in for Sunday. Hopefully you'll go yourself before then but if not at least you know it will happen then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->