MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

I'm just stalking waiting for baby news.

Nothing new from me as expected.
Haha me too! I'm the same, not much happening today other then the odd cramp here and there. 38+5 today. Deep cleaned the bathroom as felt the need to do something to distract me. Managed to pull a muscle in my neck in the process. Might be the excuse I need to give up cleaning for a few days lol!

@GemmaG oh I hope it happens for you soon! Have they booked you in for an induction just in case?

I had Braxton Hicks every 10 to 15 all evening last night until I went to bed, some painful some just tightening. A bit of plug coming out throughout the day, nothing remarkable but not much else.
I'm just assuming induction will come on Sunday.

Baby Layla born at 0921 this morning 6lb 14oz after coming into triage at half 10 last night! Was a eventful labour to say the least ha. Signal in hosp is rubbish so il do a BA when i can :)

Congratulations well done. She is so cute x

Anyone have any more signs of labour during the night? I started getting braxton hicks again last night and they have just started up again now. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. Just hoping to have baby safely and get home with everything that is going on. My folks are over 70 so probably won't be able to see the baby for a while when he's born. I used to love going over to their house when I had my girls so I'm really sad that it can't happen this time. Still waiting for my husband to be able to work from home. His job are trying to get laptops set up but there was a delay. Feeling really emotional and overwhelmed today. Hope you're all hanging in there xx

Anyone have any more signs of labour during the night? I started getting braxton hicks again last night and they have just started up again now. I'm 39 weeks tomorrow. Just hoping to have baby safely and get home with everything that is going on. My folks are over 70 so probably won't be able to see the baby for a while when he's born. I used to love going over to their house when I had my girls so I'm really sad that it can't happen this time. Still waiting for my husband to be able to work from home. His job are trying to get laptops set up but there was a delay. Feeling really emotional and overwhelmed today. Hope you're all hanging in there xx
Hang in there not long now. I can’t believe Iris is a week old today and only been able to video call with grandparents. Sad about it but rather everyone is safe. Am sitting in the back garden with her just now trying to get some sun on her skin and fresh air. Wish this caronavirus would do one! Keep us posted. Sending hugs. Xx

I know how you feel. I have it a little be easier as DH has been working from home since Monday and he works 6pm to 2am so here during the day anyway but it is an upsetting time and the worry of what to do with the kids when the time comes.

We were going to have to leave the kids with friends on Sunday, which I wasn't too keen on but mum is able to mind them now. She is not 60 yet and no underlying conditions or anything, so she'll be coming over tomorrow night and staying over.

Hang in there not long now. I can’t believe Iris is a week old today and only been able to video call with grandparents. Sad about it but rather everyone is safe. Am sitting in the back garden with her just now trying to get some sun on her skin and fresh air. Wish this caronavirus would do one! Keep us posted. Sending hugs. Xx

You and Iris are doing good?

My province just declared a state of emergency today.. but not much has been said on what that entails yet. I just really want her to come now so we can be back home right away and just hide from everything. :(

I know how you feel. I have it a little be easier as DH has been working from home since Monday and he works 6pm to 2am so here during the day anyway but it is an upsetting time and the worry of what to do with the kids when the time comes.

We were going to have to leave the kids with friends on Sunday, which I wasn't too keen on but mum is able to mind them now. She is not 60 yet and no underlying conditions or anything, so she'll be coming over tomorrow night and staying over.

Aw that's brilliant that your mum can mind them for you. You'll feel more relaxed knowing that the kids are with her. It's such a crazy time. Who'd have thought when we all found out were pregnant that this is what would be happening! Did you see the coombe's updated visitor policy. It said that no visitors are allowed in the postnatal ward. I guess that means partners/husbands as well. It doesn't seem right to me.

Thank you. Happy one week to Iris! How are you feeling? xx

Aw that's brilliant that your mum can mind them for you. You'll feel more relaxed knowing that the kids are with her. It's such a crazy time. Who'd have thought when we all found out were pregnant that this is what would be happening! Did you see the coombe's updated visitor policy. It said that no visitors are allowed in the postnatal ward. I guess that means partners/husbands as well. It doesn't seem right to me.

I have heard of people in different hospitals (rotunda and holles st) that partners are sent home pretty quickly after baby is born once everything is in order. I'm worried about what that would mean during the induction.

I'm not sure how it works. Do I go to a normal ward until things kick off? Does it mean my husband has to go home until then? It could take forever since things have been so different this time around but my previous labours were quick, so I'm worried that if that's the case he won't be around or I'll have to go through the (already scary process) alone... I'm a bit upset over it tonight too.

I have heard of people in different hospitals (rotunda and holles st) that partners are sent home pretty quickly after baby is born once everything is in order. I'm worried about what that would mean during the induction.

I'm not sure how it works. Do I go to a normal ward until things kick off? Does it mean my husband has to go home until then? It could take forever since things have been so different this time around but my previous labours were quick, so I'm worried that if that's the case he won't be around or I'll have to go through the (already scary process) alone... I'm a bit upset over it tonight too.

It says that the designated partner/visitor can accompany to delivery suite/labour ward. To me the labour ward is where you are induced so I think he'll be able to stay with you except for meal times unless you are having proper contractions then. Then he will go with you when you're moved to the delivery suite. I don't think it's called the labour ward specifically but all the women there are for induction and get the gel in the ward. I was put there on DD1 as I was waiting for a delivery suite to be free as they were breaking my waters instead starting with the gel. It's just afterwards in the postnatal ward, when there will be other newborns there, that the partners won't be allowed to visit once they leave.

It says that the designated partner/visitor can accompany to delivery suite/labour ward. To me the labour ward is where you are induced so I think he'll be able to stay with you except for meal times unless you are having proper contractions then. Then he will go with you when you're moved to the delivery suite. I don't think it's called the labour ward specifically but all the women there are for induction and get the gel in the ward. I was put there on DD1 as I was waiting for a delivery suite to be free as they were breaking my waters instead starting with the gel. It's just afterwards in the postnatal ward, when there will be other newborns there, that the partners won't be allowed to visit once they leave.

Where you induced by having your waters broken directly with your first? How did it work from when you went in, etc? And how was the labour?
I should have asked questions but felt so rushed and was so drained after not sleeping that night that I felt like a zombie and now I'm stressing.

Where you induced by having your waters broken directly with your first? How did it work from when you went in, etc? And how was the labour?
I should have asked questions but felt so rushed and was so drained after not sleeping that night that I felt like a zombie and now I'm stressing.

I was admitted 3 days before my due date as I had mild pre eclampsia. They did an internal check the next day and since I was few centimetres dilated and baby was engaged, they said that they would be able to break my waters. They only do that in the delivery suite so I had to wait in the labour ward until one was free which ended up being my on due date.
When they broke my waters they started me on the drip of oxytocin to bring on contractions. They were ok at the start but were pretty strong right away but then baby turned back to back which I found so much more painful and had a lot more pressure. I ended up getting the epidural because of it. With DD2 I went into labour myself and didn't get the epidural. I personally found the contractions on DD2 much more manageable from beginning to end and labour was much quicker without the epidural. I wish I hadn't have gotten the epidural on DD1 as it would have been much quicker even with her being back to back. The contractions definitely more intense for me with the oxytocin on DD1. If they can't break your waters right away then they will give you the gel on the labour ward which will soften the cervix and start dilation. It worked really quickly on some of the women and others it took a while. Some women had to get the gel twice. Think it just depends on your body.

I was on the couch and heard a snap coming from my belly, even DH hear it. Went to the ball and thought I peed myself. Had a bit of mucus with a hairline string of blood. Not sure if it's my waters trickling though as it's not constant.... With my son it came I. Big gushes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->