MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

I'm sorry you guys are
I was on the couch and heard a snap coming from my belly, even DH hear it. Went to the ball and thought I peed myself. Had a bit of mucus with a hairline string of blood. Not sure if it's my waters trickling though as it's not constant.... With my son it came I. Big gushes

When my waters were leaking with my last I was told to put on a pad and lay down for about 30 minutes. Then check if you're "leaking" when you stand up after. You can tell by the color/smell of the liquid in the pad if it's waters or just urine.

My yellow bump turned pink. Baby Emily was born at 04:10am. No time for epidural...I'll be back with more details later. She was 3.5kg so definitely not tiny... All that stress!

Oh my goodness congratulations!

You and Iris are doing good?

My province just declared a state of emergency today.. but not much has been said on what that entails yet. I just really want her to come now so we can be back home right away and just hide from everything. :(
We are doing good thanks. So grateful she is here safely and I am recovering well so far. Haven’t managed to poo yet though so midwife is a bit concerned about that. Sending hugs it’s a very emotional time. X

My yellow bump turned pink. Baby Emily was born at 04:10am. No time for epidural...I'll be back with more details later. She was 3.5kg so definitely not tiny... All that stress!
OMG congratulations so happy for you. Love her name. Hope you are both doing great xx

Ahhhh congratulations!!! That's amazing news. Hope you're feeling ok? xx

39 weeks today. Baby definitely moved further down during the night, I kept waking up with the pressure. Have lower back pain now and some cramps but not much else has been happening today other then lots of pressure . Haven't started to loose my mucus plug yet but then again I never noticed it coming out on my last two pregnancies so I'm not really using that as a sign for me lol. Hope the lucky ladies who have their baby's are keeping well. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us that we get to meet our little ones soon!!

39 weeks today. Baby definitely moved further down during the night, I kept waking up with the pressure. Have lower back pain now and some cramps but not much else has been happening today other then lots of pressure . Haven't started to loose my mucus plug yet but then again I never noticed it coming out on my last two pregnancies so I'm not really using that as a sign for me lol. Hope the lucky ladies who have their baby's are keeping well. Keeping my fingers crossed for the rest of us that we get to meet our little ones soon!!

Hopefully not much longer for you!
I have such a bad memory.. do you know what you're having or is it a surprise?
Seems like all the babies so far are girls.

I've been having tons more pressure today but no idea what to expect. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our bathroom earlier. And my husband and I have been trying to dtd every night too lately as it's supposed to help. :haha:

Excited for you x

I've been having tons more pressure today but no idea what to expect. I was on my hands and knees scrubbing our bathroom earlier. And my husband and I have been trying to dtd every night too lately as it's supposed to help. :haha:
Go you! I didn’t have the energy to try that this time round as was so big and uncomfortable towards the end. Hopeful it works. Keep us posted. Xx

Haha my memory is just as bad lately! We're having a boy. But there has definitely been more girls then boys in the group for sure. Lots of pressure and cramps during the night again and awful heartburn. Didn't get much sleep at all. Hoping he will decide to arrive soon. I feel very much done.

Fair play for you for dtd. I'm way too tired lol! Hopefully it will work for you.

Last edited:
Happy Mother's Day to all you lovely ladies celebrating it today!!! Lets hope we get a minute to relax and finish a cup of tea in one sitting! xx:hug:

So this little lady made her appearance this morning at 2:30am. 3 1/2 hours from established labour to her being born. We managed our homebirth but had to be transferred for stitches but home again within the hour. She came out with her hand by her head...........Can’t believe she’s here!

Theia Wren 7lb 6 x

8DB818C4-BFD7-419D-B9E1-615BD36D400A.jpeg 2203B764-DB58-4A6E-816D-CBF988853695.jpeg

So this little lady made her appearance this morning at 2:30am. 3 1/2 hours from established labour to her being born. We managed our homebirth but had to be transferred for stitches but home again within the hour. She came out with her hand by her head...........Can’t believe she’s here!

Theia Wren 7lb 6 x

View attachment 1080322 View attachment 1080324

Congrats!! That's awesome that you got your home birth.

Theia Wren 7lb 6 x

OMG she’s gorgeous. Well done mummy. Lovely photos. Xx

Theia Wren 7lb 6 x

Congratulations!! She is a little cutie! Go you with your home birth! Hope you're keeping well x

Well, I'm going to try to write my birth story. At 1am on what was already Saturday, I was on the couch with DH and we both heard a snap (I felt it too) and he asked what that was. I said I didn't know... It didn't feel like my waters because with Luca it was a definite "pop!" Like a water balloon busting inside. This felt higher up and nothing happened after...so he said maybe it was my joints, which I knew it wasn't but internet search said it was likely just baby moving.

I decided to go on the ball and at one point I felt like I had wet myself. I wasn't sure at that point if it was that, I went to the toilet and the trickle kept coming so I thought it was, but then it stopped and I felt silly. Only every so often I'd get it again. So DH MADE go to bed. I had no contractions and he didn't think baby would be coming soon but I would need the rest if it was my waters.

I put on a pad and went to bed. After a couple of mins I felt some back pain, it didn't feel like the other times so I asked DH to go pick up my mum. Nothing would probably happen but I didn't want to be in a panic of it did. She was due to stay over the next day for the induction anyway. So off he went and I started to feel crampy.

At this point I went downstairs and sat on the ball trying to time them. They were about 5-7 mins apart but manageable. I felt a big gush of water and filled a pad. I rang the hospital and because of how quick my previous births were they said it was safer to go in to be assessed so off we went.

I got to the hospital at 2am with contractions every 3 mins or so. DH had to stay in reception. I was already asking for an epidural but they wanted to trace the baby's heartbeat but baby kept moving and it was impossible. Also they kept saying it wasn't labour yet as I was only 1cm.
Eventually a Dr came in and I think she felt sorry for me, she said they couldn't really say there was anything wrong with baby (what the midwife kept saying) because they were unable to do a proper trace and to bring me to the delivery ward. I wasn't in established labour but they couldn't keep me like that for ours...contractions getting closer together a d me screaming.

So I was moved, DH allowed to come join me only to be told by another midwife that no epidural until we got a proper trace I dilated more. I wanted to kill the woman!! I kept telling her to call the Dr but nope.
Eventually she agreed to call the anesthesiologist but didn't think I'd be able to get it because I couldn't sit still. She checked me and I was at 3cm. I told her I would do whatever it took to get my epidural. I couldn't go through that pain for hours, and they were coming seconds apart and sometimes back to back.

So while the anesthesiologist waited for the contraction to go so I could sit down I felt this incredible pressure and started to push. I told the midwife baby was coming but she didn't believe me and said that it was not possible. I was 3cm a minute ago... Until she saw the head! 3 pushes and baby was out! We still don't know how that happened, but I wish they had listened to me when I kept telling them that I would not make it to the epidural...

Emily was born at 4:10am, 3hrs after we heard the snap in the living room. She weighted 3.5kg and measured 50cm. DH was only present for the last 20min of the labour due to the virus restrictions and sent home after I was moved to the postnatal ward.

I had to get an oxytocin drip in the ward because my hemoglobin was so low and was at risk of hemorrhaging but was allowed to go home that evening at 6pm. Baby is starting to stir so I won't proof read this. Just hope it makes sense hahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->