MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

Well, I'm going to try to write my birth story. At 1am on what was already Saturday, I was on the couch with DH and we both heard a snap (I felt it too) and he asked what that was. I said I didn't know... It didn't feel like my waters because with Luca it was a definite "pop!" Like a water balloon busting inside. This felt higher up and nothing happened after...so he said maybe it was my joints, which I knew it wasn't but internet search said it was likely just baby moving.

I decided to go on the ball and at one point I felt like I had wet myself. I wasn't sure at that point if it was that, I went to the toilet and the trickle kept coming so I thought it was, but then it stopped and I felt silly. Only every so often I'd get it again. So DH MADE go to bed. I had no contractions and he didn't think baby would be coming soon but I would need the rest if it was my waters.

I put on a pad and went to bed. After a couple of mins I felt some back pain, it didn't feel like the other times so I asked DH to go pick up my mum. Nothing would probably happen but I didn't want to be in a panic of it did. She was due to stay over the next day for the induction anyway. So off he went and I started to feel crampy.

At this point I went downstairs and sat on the ball trying to time them. They were about 5-7 mins apart but manageable. I felt a big gush of water and filled a pad. I rang the hospital and because of how quick my previous births were they said it was safer to go in to be assessed so off we went.

I got to the hospital at 2am with contractions every 3 mins or so. DH had to stay in reception. I was already asking for an epidural but they wanted to trace the baby's heartbeat but baby kept moving and it was impossible. Also they kept saying it wasn't labour yet as I was only 1cm.
Eventually a Dr came in and I think she felt sorry for me, she said they couldn't really say there was anything wrong with baby (what the midwife kept saying) because they were unable to do a proper trace and to bring me to the delivery ward. I wasn't in established labour but they couldn't keep me like that for ours...contractions getting closer together a d me screaming.

So I was moved, DH allowed to come join me only to be told by another midwife that no epidural until we got a proper trace I dilated more. I wanted to kill the woman!! I kept telling her to call the Dr but nope.
Eventually she agreed to call the anesthesiologist but didn't think I'd be able to get it because I couldn't sit still. She checked me and I was at 3cm. I told her I would do whatever it took to get my epidural. I couldn't go through that pain for hours, and they were coming seconds apart and sometimes back to back.

So while the anesthesiologist waited for the contraction to go so I could sit down I felt this incredible pressure and started to push. I told the midwife baby was coming but she didn't believe me and said that it was not possible. I was 3cm a minute ago... Until she saw the head! 3 pushes and baby was out! We still don't know how that happened, but I wish they had listened to me when I kept telling them that I would not make it to the epidural...

Emily was born at 4:10am, 3hrs after we heard the snap in the living room. She weighted 3.5kg and measured 50cm. DH was only present for the last 20min of the labour due to the virus restrictions and sent home after I was moved to the postnatal ward.

I had to get an oxytocin drip in the ward because my hemoglobin was so low and was at risk of hemorrhaging but was allowed to go home that evening at 6pm. Baby is starting to stir so I won't proof read this. Just hope it makes sense hahaha.
Wow glad you and baby are fine xx

No news from me. 39+2 today. Some lower back pains and cramps but that's becoming normal now lol. Did notice some extra discharge today so it might be my plug going? I kind of don't want him to arrive tomorrow as it's my father in laws Birthday. We are still not talking to my in laws. We haven't seen them since Christmas and haven't had any contact with the since the big fight so I would prefer if he didnt have something in common with my FIL because of all the drama. Especially if we do ever make up with them, he probably wouldn't shut up about the fact that the first grandson on their side was born on his birthday. But Sod's law means baby will probably arrive tomorrow anyway lol.
Hope you're all keeping well xx

No news from me. 39+2 today. Some lower back pains and cramps but that's becoming normal now lol. Did notice some extra discharge today so it might be my plug going? I kind of don't want him to arrive tomorrow as it's my father in laws Birthday. We are still not talking to my in laws. We haven't seen them since Christmas and haven't had any contact with the since the big fight so I would prefer if he didnt have something in common with my FIL because of all the drama. Especially if we do ever make up with them, he probably wouldn't shut up about the fact that the first grandson on their side was born on his birthday. But Sod's law means baby will probably arrive tomorrow anyway lol.
Hope you're all keeping well xx
Good here. Just had my first bowel movement since the c section though and it felt like a hedgehog was in so much pain! No one tells you about that!! Iris is a hungry horris but getting back up to her birth weight so all going in the right direction. Hope you are bearing up and your little bundle doesn’t keep you waiting too long. Xx

Well heres my birth story...

I started getting pains early tuesday morning that were on/off that continued into the wednesday but was nothing regular. Around half 6 in evening on Wednesday i let our dog out the back garden however he spotted another dog and jumped the fence so i shouted at him quite angry and pop my waters went! Although it wasnt a big gush etc just felt i peed a little so was convinced thats what it was... however a while later i felt another trickle and knew i hadnt peed. I started bouncing on my ball and sure enough the pains started comin more regular and slightly more intense.

I went into triage around half 10 at night to be checked over. The midwife at first wasnt too convinced but after gettin me to lie down etc she could see that my waters had indeed started leaking. Due to having Group B i was then admitted and was to have my labour started. However my body had other ideas and decided I would go into labour naturally. My contractions were coming in quick and really sore. Around 2am i gave in and took the gas&air. We were then finally moved to delivery room around 3/4am where i was finally checked and told i was around 6cm but cervix was extremly stretchy and she could stretch it to 9!!! I still had a bag of water at babies head but decided we wouldnt pop them just yet as i was still due another lot of antibotics around 8am.

Once 8am came i was in agony I was desperate for stronger pain relief as i was exhausted. My contractions were all in my thighs and i just couldnt cope. I was still only 6cm so as i was gettin the antibotics through a drip they decided to pop my waters & thats when things went downhill and fast!

our babys heartrate started dipping & my pulse. Emergency buzzer was pulled and doctors all rushed in. They placed a clip onto her head to monitor her heart rate and things settled. However not long after they all left the room i had the urge to push! Bein i was just checked and only 6cm they werent too sure but let me go with it and just kept an eye. They then decided to check and to everyones shock i was 10cm and she was coming down fast! Doctor was called as due to her heartrate they were going to suction her out if i couldnt push her out. But before doctor could even get set up at 0921 she came into this world with her cord wrapped around her neck twice!!!

so our wee girl Layla was born on her due date 19.03.2020 at 0921 weighing 6lbs 14oz :)

F48572A7-AD16-490B-9F4D-1729A005D84C.jpeg

Well heres my birth story...

I started getting pains early tuesday morning that were on/off that continued into the wednesday but was nothing regular. Around half 6 in evening on Wednesday i let our dog out the back garden however he spotted another dog and jumped the fence so i shouted at him quite angry and pop my waters went! Although it wasnt a big gush etc just felt i peed a little so was convinced thats what it was... however a while later i felt another trickle and knew i hadnt peed. I started bouncing on my ball and sure enough the pains started comin more regular and slightly more intense.

I went into triage around half 10 at night to be checked over. The midwife at first wasnt too convinced but after gettin me to lie down etc she could see that my waters had indeed started leaking. Due to having Group B i was then admitted and was to have my labour started. However my body had other ideas and decided I would go into labour naturally. My contractions were coming in quick and really sore. Around 2am i gave in and took the gas&air. We were then finally moved to delivery room around 3/4am where i was finally checked and told i was around 6cm but cervix was extremly stretchy and she could stretch it to 9!!! I still had a bag of water at babies head but decided we wouldnt pop them just yet as i was still due another lot of antibotics around 8am.

Once 8am came i was in agony I was desperate for stronger pain relief as i was exhausted. My contractions were all in my thighs and i just couldnt cope. I was still only 6cm so as i was gettin the antibotics through a drip they decided to pop my waters & thats when things went downhill and fast!

our babys heartrate started dipping & my pulse. Emergency buzzer was pulled and doctors all rushed in. They placed a clip onto her head to monitor her heart rate and things settled. However not long after they all left the room i had the urge to push! Bein i was just checked and only 6cm they werent too sure but let me go with it and just kept an eye. They then decided to check and to everyones shock i was 10cm and she was coming down fast! Doctor was called as due to her heartrate they were going to suction her out if i couldnt push her out. But before doctor could even get set up at 0921 she came into this world with her cord wrapped around her neck twice!!!

so our wee girl Layla was born on her due date 19.03.2020 at 0921 weighing 6lbs 14oz :)

View attachment 1080394
Well done you. What a story. Glad you were both ok. How are you getting on now she’s here? X

39+4 today. Had hospital appointment earlier. The atmosphere was so odd in there with all the restrictions. Ended seeing a completely new doctor which was a bit frustrating to be honest. But she did a good long sweep. Said that my cervix was thinned a good bit and had moved forward but was still a bit long. Baby's head is way down. All good signs. She doesn't want me to go too far past my due date with my blood pressure history and with the virus craziness so she booked me in for induction on the 1st April. She said they can do it by breaking my waters which is great. It's what I had done on DD1. She also said they could do it today but I said no. I want to give my body a chance to go itself. Doc thinks there is a good chance that will happen before the 1st so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.

They fizzled out overnight. I have some back pain now, but I had a pretty bad sleep (both my boys thought they had to sleep in our bed and shoved me to the edge :() so it's probably just from that.

Hopefully the sweep does something for you, Mrshopeful.
With everything going on my midwives cancelled my appointment this week, so I won't be seen next until the day before my due date now.

39+4 today. Had hospital appointment earlier. The atmosphere was so odd in there with all the restrictions. Ended seeing a completely new doctor which was a bit frustrating to be honest. But she did a good long sweep. Said that my cervix was thinned a good bit and had moved forward but was still a bit long. Baby's head is way down. All good signs. She doesn't want me to go too far past my due date with my blood pressure history and with the virus craziness so she booked me in for induction on the 1st April. She said they can do it by breaking my waters which is great. It's what I had done on DD1. She also said they could do it today but I said no. I want to give my body a chance to go itself. Doc thinks there is a good chance that will happen before the 1st so I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed.
Hopefully more happens for you soon lovely keep us posted. Xx

They fizzled out overnight. I have some back pain now, but I had a pretty bad sleep (both my boys thought they had to sleep in our bed and shoved me to the edge :() so it's probably just from that.

Hopefully the sweep does something for you, Mrshopeful.
With everything going on my midwives cancelled my appointment this week, so I won't be seen next until the day before my due date now.
Hope something happens for you soon. I had a terrible sleep last night as Iris had bad wind and wanted on me constantly. Hopefully better sleep tonight. Keep us posted xx

Well done you. What a story. Glad you were both ok. How are you getting on now she’s here? X

ye good, gettin into a routine slowly :) during day is stil abit messy but she seems to go down at midnight til half 5ish then gets a bottle and goes back down til 8/8.30ish :) so cant complain with that.

Been up since half 3 with contractions. The intensified around 7am to 5/6 minutes apart so got my sis over to watch the girl just in case. Then they started to get further apart and varied in strenght and stayed like that until 10am. Sent hubby and sis to work and I'm just resting now. They are still pretty far apart but are kind of intense (definitely not braxton hicks anyway) Also lost loads of my mucus plug yesterday and today. So all good signs!

Still waiting for bubs to arrive. Contractions are closer together again. About 9 minutes apart at the mo. They haven't stopped at all today. Guess this is gonna be a long labour! More mucus plug lost.

Still waiting for bubs to arrive. Contractions are closer together again. About 9 minutes apart at the mo. They haven't stopped at all today. Guess this is gonna be a long labour! More mucus plug lost.

have you phoned triage? Maybe theyl get u in to check?

have you phoned triage? Maybe theyl get u in to check?

They would just check me and if I'm not dilated enough I'd have to go home so going to wait it out. Pain isnt too bad compared to what it will be in established labour so I'm fine handling it. Plus I'm more comfy at home lol. With DD2 I arrived at the hospital when I was 7cm dilated so hoping to aim for that or at least 5/6cm this time.

They would just check me and if I'm not dilated enough I'd have to go home so going to wait it out. Pain isnt too bad compared to what it will be in established labour so I'm fine handling it. Plus I'm more comfy at home lol. With DD2 I arrived at the hospital when I was 7cm dilated so hoping to aim for that or at least 5/6cm this time.

Not long now!!
I was 1.5cm dilated going into the delivery room apparently but I guess the contractions where very close together.
Better off staying home until you can, especially considering that dad won't be able to join you in the assessment unit if you happen to be kept there until things progress to go to delivery, or if you are admitted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->