MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

They would just check me and if I'm not dilated enough I'd have to go home so going to wait it out. Pain isnt too bad compared to what it will be in established labour so I'm fine handling it. Plus I'm more comfy at home lol. With DD2 I arrived at the hospital when I was 7cm dilated so hoping to aim for that or at least 5/6cm this time.

Oh MrsHopeful22 how you doing this morning? X

Well heres my birth story...

I started getting pains early tuesday morning that were on/off that continued into the wednesday but was nothing regular. Around half 6 in evening on Wednesday i let our dog out the back garden however he spotted another dog and jumped the fence so i shouted at him quite angry and pop my waters went! Although it wasnt a big gush etc just felt i peed a little so was convinced thats what it was... however a while later i felt another trickle and knew i hadnt peed. I started bouncing on my ball and sure enough the pains started comin more regular and slightly more intense.

I went into triage around half 10 at night to be checked over. The midwife at first wasnt too convinced but after gettin me to lie down etc she could see that my waters had indeed started leaking. Due to having Group B i was then admitted and was to have my labour started. However my body had other ideas and decided I would go into labour naturally. My contractions were coming in quick and really sore. Around 2am i gave in and took the gas&air. We were then finally moved to delivery room around 3/4am where i was finally checked and told i was around 6cm but cervix was extremly stretchy and she could stretch it to 9!!! I still had a bag of water at babies head but decided we wouldnt pop them just yet as i was still due another lot of antibotics around 8am.

Once 8am came i was in agony I was desperate for stronger pain relief as i was exhausted. My contractions were all in my thighs and i just couldnt cope. I was still only 6cm so as i was gettin the antibotics through a drip they decided to pop my waters & thats when things went downhill and fast!

our babys heartrate started dipping & my pulse. Emergency buzzer was pulled and doctors all rushed in. They placed a clip onto her head to monitor her heart rate and things settled. However not long after they all left the room i had the urge to push! Bein i was just checked and only 6cm they werent too sure but let me go with it and just kept an eye. They then decided to check and to everyones shock i was 10cm and she was coming down fast! Doctor was called as due to her heartrate they were going to suction her out if i couldnt push her out. But before doctor could even get set up at 0921 she came into this world with her cord wrapped around her neck twice!!!

so our wee girl Layla was born on her due date 19.03.2020 at 0921 weighing 6lbs 14oz :)

View attachment 1080394

Ah the wee bird. She’s absolutely beautiful!!

Well while I have a minute il also do my birth story.

Here goes it’s a long one!

Saturday 21st March, I woke up slightly wet and I ended up going up to the assessment unit around 11am as I had leaked quite a bit during the night and wasn’t sure if it was my waters. Turns out I probably peed myself lol. Whilst I was there the monitor was showing contractions every 6-7 minutes but I wasn’t having any pain with them and after having it on and off for weeks I didn’t think it was the start of anything. The midwife checked me and gave me a small sweep. I was still the same as the previous sweep 4 days before 1-2cm with 0.5cm left to efface. But she said baby was so low and when the time came she should come fast.

Fast forward to Saturday evening I was still niggling and around 9pm I started timing them again. They were still about 5-6 minutes so decided to get ready for bed incase it progressed. I had literally just got ready for bed and had sat with a cup of coffee around half 10 when I felt what was definitely a contraction, it stopped me in my tracks and I had to breathe through them. Started timing again and they were 4-5 minutes. I told my hubby to contact my sister and the first midwife on call as this was definitely it and he started to fill the pool. First midwife arrived around 11:30pm and by this stage I was starting to have to really focus through the contractions. She checked me and I was 3-4cm and fully effaced but seeing me and monitoring my contractions she decided to contact the next on call midwife as she thought it would be quick.

The next midwife arrived at 12:05 and things had really ramped up by this stage. I was starting to lose control through the contractions and tried my tens machine which didn’t really do much other than distract me. I asked to be checked as I felt I couldn’t do it anymore and wanted to go for an epidural. I was really starting to panic and the pain was so intense and coming thick and fast. She checked me and I was 8cm and my waters then went. She put me in my pool with gas and air and asked that I give myself the chance to do it at home as I was so close. I laboured there for about half an hour but baby had two decels whilst in the pool (they think due to my position) and they took me out to push on my blow up birthing stool.

I have to say the pain was like nothing else I could ever describe. It took me by surprise how much pain I had in my hips and thighs. It was like hot knives!

Once I was out around 2:10am, I was put in the squat position on the chair. She said she could see my purple line and I was fully dilated and that I needed to push. Because of babies heartrate she took my gas and air away and told me to concentrate on getting her out. I actually cried and got pretty angry about that so ended up biting on the mouth piece and leant back on my husband squeezing the life out of his hands whilst shouting and screaming at them to give me the fucking gas and air lol.

The other midwife said she thought babies head was too big or her arm was coming with her and with her heartrate previously she wanted to give me an episiotomy. She started injecting me and I felt her trying to push her head back in as she couldn’t get the scissors in. This was my biggest fear and when I saw those scissors I was like hell no, I found a strength I didn’t know I had and had babies head out within 30 seconds. Turns out her hand was up by her face and she came out like superwoman. Her body came very quickly after - delivered at 02:27am. Placenta delivered 3 minutes later with only 300ml of loss. Unfortunately because of where her hand was positioned I ended up with a second degree perineum tear and left and right labial and clitoral tears. I honestly didn’t have a clue I didn’t feel it at all!

So we did transfer to the labour ward for stitches as the midwives were unsure how deep the tear was and thought it was maybe a 3a tear. The ambulance arrived around 3am but thankfully it wasn’t and I was stitched and home within the hour.

Everyone told me I would feel this big sense of achievement and as much as I’m proud for getting through it I can honestly say I won’t have anymore lol drugs all the way if I ever did :shock:;)

But we are great and being at home was so special. The twins came down when she was born and got to meet her within minutes of being out. Now to get this whole newborn thing down again (how did I ever do this with two lol) I was breastfeeding but have decided to stop. I’m finding it really hard and have so much oversupply I’m really sore. So I’ve made my peace with that and looking forward to hopefully getting settled and in a better routine.

699B833F-08BB-4E04-9710-9A13D60EB49F.jpeg

Oh MrsHopeful22 how you doing this morning? X
I'm grand. Contractions must have stopped when I went to bed. Not even a twinge anymore which is a bit frustrating. Yesterday was such a long day with so many contractions I just feel like it was all for nothing. Had a great nights sleep, which I needed as I've been suffering from insomnia this past week. I just went to the loo and loads more of my mucus plug was in my undies. I feel like it's a never ending plug at this stage lol. I never noticed loosing it with my girls so the sweep definitely did something this time lol. Still a good sign and I'm hoping the contractions will start up again soon. I would much prefer to go myself then be induced on wednesday. My due date is tomorrow so it would be nice to have him then!

Saturday 21st March, I woke up slightly wet and I ended up going up to the assessment unit around 11am as I had leaked quite a bit during the night and wasn’t sure if it was my waters. Turns out I probably peed myself lol. Whilst I was there the monitor was showing contractions every 6-7 minutes but I wasn’t having any pain with them and after having it on and off for weeks I didn’t think it was the start of anything. The midwife checked me and gave me a small sweep. I was still the same as the previous sweep 4 days before 1-2cm with 0.5cm left to efface. But she said baby was so low and when the time came she should come fast.

Fast forward to Saturday evening I was still niggling and around 9pm I started timing them again. They were still about 5-6 minutes so decided to get ready for bed incase it progressed. I had literally just got ready for bed and had sat with a cup of coffee around half 10 when I felt what was definitely a contraction, it stopped me in my tracks and I had to breathe through them. Started timing again and they were 4-5 minutes. I told my hubby to contact my sister and the first midwife on call as this was definitely it and he started to fill the pool. First midwife arrived around 11:30pm and by this stage I was starting to have to really focus through the contractions. She checked me and I was 3-4cm and fully effaced but seeing me and monitoring my contractions she decided to contact the next on call midwife as she thought it would be quick.

The next midwife arrived at 12:05 and things had really ramped up by this stage. I was starting to lose control through the contractions and tried my tens machine which didn’t really do much other than distract me. I asked to be checked as I felt I couldn’t do it anymore and wanted to go for an epidural. I was really starting to panic and the pain was so intense and coming thick and fast. She checked me and I was 8cm and my waters then went. She put me in my pool with gas and air and asked that I give myself the chance to do it at home as I was so close. I laboured there for about half an hour but baby had two decels whilst in the pool (they think due to my position) and they took me out to push on my blow up birthing stool.

I have to say the pain was like nothing else I could ever describe. It took me by surprise how much pain I had in my hips and thighs. It was like hot knives!

Once I was out around 2:10am, I was put in the squat position on the chair. She said she could see my purple line and I was fully dilated and that I needed to push. Because of babies heartrate she took my gas and air away and told me to concentrate on getting her out. I actually cried and got pretty angry about that so ended up biting on the mouth piece and leant back on my husband squeezing the life out of his hands whilst shouting and screaming at them to give me the fucking gas and air lol.

The other midwife said she thought babies head was too big or her arm was coming with her and with her heartrate previously she wanted to give me an episiotomy. She started injecting me and I felt her trying to push her head back in as she couldn’t get the scissors in. This was my biggest fear and when I saw those scissors I was like hell no, I found a strength I didn’t know I had and had babies head out within 30 seconds. Turns out her hand was up by her face and she came out like superwoman. Her body came very quickly after - delivered at 02:27am. Placenta delivered 3 minutes later with only 300ml of loss. Unfortunately because of where her hand was positioned I ended up with a second degree perineum tear and left and right labial and clitoral tears. I honestly didn’t have a clue I didn’t feel it at all!

So we did transfer to the labour ward for stitches as the midwives were unsure how deep the tear was and thought it was maybe a 3a tear. The ambulance arrived around 3am but thankfully it wasn’t and I was stitched and home within the hour.

Everyone told me I would feel this big sense of achievement and as much as I’m proud for getting through it I can honestly say I won’t have anymore lol drugs all the way if I ever did :shock:;)

But we are great and being at home was so special. The twins came down when she was born and got to meet her within minutes of being out. Now to get this whole newborn thing down again (how did I ever do this with two lol) I was breastfeeding but have decided to stop. I’m finding it really hard and have so much oversupply I’m really sore. So I’ve made my peace with that and looking forward to hopefully getting settled and in a better routine.

View attachment 1080445
That sounds so intense but my god you are superwoman! No wonder she came out with her hands in that position, she's just taking after her mamma! You're so right to change from breastfeeding to formula. Whatever feels right and more comfortable for you is right for baby too. I'm a massive believer in that. Hope you get settled into your routine soon. She is such a cutie. Those big eyes would melt you! xxx

I'm grand. Contractions must have stopped when I went to bed. Not even a twinge anymore which is a bit frustrating. Yesterday was such a long day with so many contractions I just feel like it was all for nothing. Had a great nights sleep, which I needed as I've been suffering from insomnia this past week. I just went to the loo and loads more of my mucus plug was in my undies. I feel like it's a never ending plug at this stage lol. I never noticed loosing it with my girls so the sweep definitely did something this time lol. Still a good sign and I'm hoping the contractions will start up again soon. I would much prefer to go myself then be induced on wednesday. My due date is tomorrow so it would be nice to have him then!
This is exactly what was happening with me over the days leading up to my labour. I know how disheartening it is but little did I know my body was prepping me and baby and I truly believe that’s why she came so quickly and Labour progressed so well. Trust your body. Before you know it your little one will be here. You won’t see Wednesday x

View attachment 1080445
Wow. You are amazing- well done you! What a story. Hope you are healing well. I am breastfeeding just now and it’s tough as Iris seems to think night is day and day is night! Apparently it’s quite common until they are about 6 weeks. Will see how I go. Am lucky my husband is home just now so managing to get a snooze through the day when she is down. Keep us posted on how you are doing xx

I think this girl is too comfortable and safe inside. I know I'm still considered early but I am so over being pregnant. :(
I'm starting to get a cold and keep having coughing fits that either make me feel like I'm going to pee myself or get sick from the force of them. And my heartburn is horrible tonight. It's 3am and I can't sleep at all. Nothing is comfortable. :sad1:
Sorry for the rants.

I think this girl is too comfortable and safe inside. I know I'm still considered early but I am so over being pregnant. :(
I'm starting to get a cold and keep having coughing fits that either make me feel like I'm going to pee myself or get sick from the force of them. And my heartburn is horrible tonight. It's 3am and I can't sleep at all. Nothing is comfortable. :sad1:
Sorry for the rants.
I hear you. You get to a point where you are so tired of being pregnant and just want your body back to yourself. I remember being so uncomfortable too I was so big. Even the Midwife’s kept commenting on how large I was. But it will all be worth it and not long to go. Hope you get a better sleep tonight. Xx

40 weeks today. Still no baby. Still losing mucus plug although it's getting less and less finally lol. Contractions last night but stopped about midnight. A few braxton hicks today. Consultant thought I would go myself before wednesday's induction. I did too but now I'm not so sure. Ireland is on a 2 week lock-down essentially from midnight last night so feel like my stress levels are rising each day baby doesn't arrive. Been up since half 4 bawling thinking about it all. Bloody hormones. Distracted myself by scrubbing the kitchen floor by hand but now that that's done I'm back to stressing. Doesn't help that everyone is ringing and texting asking if there has been any signs of labour. I've told them a million times that I would ring them after the baby is born depending on what time of day it is. Hate people fussing over me so all the calls and texts are getting to me. Sorry for moaning lol. Just needed to vent. Hope you're all doing well xx

Well thats me discharged from midwife care today feel quite sad that its sort of over with... obviously over moon that we finally got our rainbow baby and shes here safely. My boobs are leaking everywhere which is nice hahaa had to change my pj top 3 times during night... bein big chested the pads dont really hold much for me lol

hows everyone else thats stil to pop doing? :)

40 weeks today. Still no baby. Still losing mucus plug although it's getting less and less finally lol. Contractions last night but stopped about midnight. A few braxton hicks today. Consultant thought I would go myself before wednesday's induction. I did too but now I'm not so sure. Ireland is on a 2 week lock-down essentially from midnight last night so feel like my stress levels are rising each day baby doesn't arrive. Been up since half 4 bawling thinking about it all. Bloody hormones. Distracted myself by scrubbing the kitchen floor by hand but now that that's done I'm back to stressing. Doesn't help that everyone is ringing and texting asking if there has been any signs of labour. I've told them a million times that I would ring them after the baby is born depending on what time of day it is. Hate people fussing over me so all the calls and texts are getting to me. Sorry for moaning lol. Just needed to vent. Hope you're all doing well xx
Sending hugs it is a scary time at the moment. We went for our first walk today and luckily it was very quiet but whenever anyone was there having to stay away from them passing on pavement etc was surreal. Not taking any chances though! Sending hugs. Xx

40 + 2 today. Yesterday I felt really down about not having the baby yet. Really thought the sweep would have brought on labour. I haven't had any proper contractions lately, only the odd braxton hicks here and there. I am feeling lots of pressure and had bad lower back pain during the night but that's it. At least my induction is booked for 6:30 Wednesday morning and I'm booked straight into the delivery suite so I won't have to wait too long to get started.

How's everyone else getting on?

40 + 2 today. Yesterday I felt really down about not having the baby yet. Really thought the sweep would have brought on labour. I haven't had any proper contractions lately, only the odd braxton hicks here and there. I am feeling lots of pressure and had bad lower back pain during the night but that's it. At least my induction is booked for 6:30 Wednesday morning and I'm booked straight into the delivery suite so I won't have to wait too long to get started.

How's everyone else getting on?
Best of luck for Wednesday sending lots of love

Still nothing at all for me. But with this horrible cold I have I'm hoping she doesn't make an appearance until I'm feeling better. Only slept like 3 hours last night. :-(
Tomorrow afternoon I have a midwife appointment and I'm sure they'll do a sweep and I guess I'll get to finally see if I'm dilated at all or anything.

Still nothing at all for me. But with this horrible cold I have I'm hoping she doesn't make an appearance until I'm feeling better. Only slept like 3 hours last night. :-(
Tomorrow afternoon I have a midwife appointment and I'm sure they'll do a sweep and I guess I'll get to finally see if I'm dilated at all or anything.
Good luck for tomorrow and hoping you get better soon. Keep us posted xx

Mrshopeful thinking of you today! Hopefully (lol) baby makes an appearance today before the induction, if it hasn't happened yet!
Thanks! Still al set for tomorrow, unless bubs decides to arrive during the night. Lots of intense pressure all day and especially in the last few hours so hopefully once they break my waters it won't take too long for baby to arrive.

How are you doing? Are you boys in love with their little sister?!

Goodluck Mrshopeful!
Hopefully if nothing happens before tomorrow the induction goes smooth and quick for you.

Since I have a cold my midwife appointment was cancelled today.. they don't want to risk bringing any germs into the clinic. So no sweep, no signs of baby, and due date tomorrow. I'm supposed to get a call later to make plans for 41 weeks if I go til then.
Now I'm just really hoping I don't need an induction because that rules out me giving birth at our birth center in the water like I did with my boys. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->