MARCH-MALLOWS 2020

Quick question cos i cant remember with my first....

anyone not breastfeeding, how long did it take for your boobs to dry up?? Im on 2weeks now and still leaking... not as much as at start but still leaking a fair bit :/ im on my last box of pads and hoping not to need anymore lol ... went through a box of 100 & 2 boxes of 24 so far...

anyone not breastfeeding, how long did it take for your boobs to dry up?? Im on 2weeks now and still leaking... not as much as at start but still leaking a fair bit :/ im on my last box of pads and hoping not to need anymore lol ... went through a box of 100 & 2 boxes of 24 so far...

You should be drying up pretty soon I’d say! It took me about three weeks when I stopped with the twins x

How are all the moms and babies doing?
It's tough with this isolation... Not being able to see family, especially with Easter this weekend.

It's tough with this isolation... Not being able to see family, especially with Easter this weekend.
Doing ok. Missing not being able to get out and about and seeing family other than on FaceTime. Iris is 4 weeks and hasn’t met grandparents or anyone yet which is sad. But need to keep her safe. Told Health Visitor to stay away as well as don’t want anyone coming round who might bring the virus. Am so paranoid and full of anxiety. Hopefully next few weeks we get past the peak and can start to get back to normality. Feel so sorry for the people who have lost loved ones. Feel so grateful to have my girls and blessed to have my husband at home with me just now. Hope you are all doing good. Xx

Mine dried up within the first week. But that is normal for me as I don't think I'm capable of getting a fully supply. Small boobs might have something to do with it lol. Maybe ask you GP?

It’s so tough this isolation stuff but I’m also lucky I have had my husband home with me so we are sharing the night feeds and it’s made a world of difference to being able to cope with the lack of sleep. So definitely a positive for me!

We are coming up to four weeks isolation as I decided to take the kids out of school at the first signs of the virus hitting so it’s been very long for us. Hoping a few more weeks things will be relaxed a little bit and we get some normality back. Hope your all keeping well x

Heey,

we are doing good... getting into a proper routine almost. Its hard with everything going on... i have never suffered frm mental health issues etc but i deffo feel like i might slightly be... i cant stand bein trapped in house :/ weve been out for the odd walk etc but just not same i want normality back :( my heath visitor is checkin up on me abit more than usual bu phone along with other new mums as she feels same as me tht this isolation is not gna help us new mums mental health wise and feels we are higher risk for PND :/

How’s everyone doing? Hope you are all getting more sleep than me?! Iris has Colic which means no sleep x

Oh no. :(
We're cosleeping right now.. so sleep isn't too bad. She's up every 2-3 hours to nurse but then we fall right back to sleep.
I thought about that but would be too scared I crush her or roll on her or my husband did more likely as he is a very deep sleeper. Do you place her in something in the bed? Might give it a try. Xx

I thought about that but would be too scared I crush her or roll on her or my husband did more likely as he is a very deep sleeper. Do you place her in something in the bed? Might give it a try. Xx

I don't, no. With my first I did use a little cosleeping bassinet in the bed. But being my 3rd now.. I feel comfortable to just have her right beside me.
It's not for everyone.. but works for me. O:)

Layla is a no bad sleeper shes in a wee routine now :)

She goes down for the night around 9pm, first feed is between half 12-1am, then again at around 4-5ish... she then usually stirs around 6am wantin cuddled only so i bring her in next to me til her next feed around 7-8am.... shes a girl that loves her comfort lol

Layla is a no bad sleeper shes in a wee routine now :)

She goes down for the night around 9pm, first feed is between half 12-1am, then again at around 4-5ish... she then usually stirs around 6am wantin cuddled only so i bring her in next to me til her next feed around 7-8am.... shes a girl that loves her comfort lol

Theia is pretty much on a routine the same as Layla nearly down to a tee! She’s a wee cuddle monster. Absolutely loves her sleep and her grub, long may it last!! She is quite windy though I forgot much much I flipping hate winding!!!

Ah Positive colic is grim. Have a look at Purflo breathable nest (amazon have it on offer) I use it in Theia’s next to me cot and move it in beside me if she’s unsettled she sleeps great in it and gives her, her own space that’s safe. It’s quite bulky but we have enough room in a king size bed with it but if your like me I could sleep on a knifes edge if I’m tired. X

Theia is pretty much on a routine the same as Layla nearly down to a tee! She’s a wee cuddle monster. Absolutely loves her sleep and her grub, long may it last!! She is quite windy though I forgot much much I flipping hate winding!!!

Ah Positive colic is grim. Have a look at Purflo breathable nest (amazon have it on offer) I use it in Theia’s next to me cot and move it in beside me if she’s unsettled she sleeps great in it and gives her, her own space that’s safe. It’s quite bulky but we have enough room in a king size bed with it but if your like me I could sleep on a knifes edge if I’m tired. X
I doing ok. The fight with the in-laws got worse when my brother in law decided to insert him into it the day after Henry was born. Starting texting my husband a load of grief and abuse. I spent my first day home in floods of tears. I had mild PPD on DD2 so I'm so worried this stress is bringing it on again. Henry is a windy baby too! He doesn't cry much just gives out about it until you pick him up to wind. He can take a while to settle after a bottle which is hard during the night. He has a bottle around 11/12 at night then sleeps until about 3 or 4. I was hoping he would be sleeping longer when we upped his feed to 120mls but not as yet. He's definitely a hungry baby! He was 8lbs at his 2 week check up last week (7lbs 2oz at birth) so the doc was happy out with him. My girls are having trouble sleeping the last week especially my oldest. Think its because of everything going on. Got about 3 and a half hours broken sleep last night because she wanted me to keep sitting in with her. Really hoping everything settles a bit more soon. Thankfully it has been sunny a lot which has helped my mood. Hubby is back to work after his paternity leave today. He had to go to the office to go through paperwork so it's my first day on my own with the 3 kids. So far so good. He will be back working from home tomorrow which is a relief.

Layla is 120ml every 2hrs which is draining... but she wont take more than 120ml so cant even put her bottles up. During night isnt too bad she goes down at 10 til about half 1 then its about every 2hrs from then again.... few weeks ago we gt away with 9pm-4am but seems to off been a one time thing ha

My husband went back to work yesterday too for the first time in a month (his manager let him take off 2 weeks to "isolate" before baby was born, then he took off 2 weeks after she was here)... It's an adjustment being alone with three. My two boys are also crazy right now with being stuck at home. ](*,)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->