March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

WT, that is so sweet! I love that idea, and hope I remember when it comes time to wean A. :flower: Thank you for sharing that!

WT - im obviously feeling emotional because that has just made me cry. I think i am feeling a bit sad about having to wean my baby onto the bottle to go back to work. Im doing it gradually over the next couple of months. although this is obviously the right decision for Mitch i feel like im being forced to do it against my will.

Aaaw thanjs wt...sounds like a fab idea...maybe i will do that this afternoon or tomorrow moening whilst i still have milk....or just put M on the boob after a ff to get a little top up. :thumbup:

She is going really well with ff today and i am trying to space her feeds about 3 hours as i want to make sute she gets enough to still sleep through. Tbh she generally has 2 feeds pretty close together in the afternoon / early evening so.that takes her through...usually one bf and one ff....today will be 2 ff

Ooops best go...M not liking swing...obviously tired and wants to.sleep. She doesnt like slerping in swing ha ha

KKL - sorry about your husbands job, that's crap timing with a new baby but I guess at least he'll get to spend more time with E which I guess is something positive to bear in mind.

Loo - amazing weight loss but sorry about the circumstances

Picked up my fathers day bowl today, looks good!

kk - sorry to hear about dh's job. I will keep everything crossed that he finds something else soon

l & l - hope O is more settled for you this afternoon

waula - I wouldn't be surprised if T is near 15lbs, going to get him weighed next week I think

wt - what a lovely idea, made me well up a bit!

AFM this is the 3rd day in a row that T has been very difficult. Not sleeping, crying a lot, vomming loads and very explosive, runny poos. Starting to think it must be something I'm eating. I don't really eat much dairy because I didn't want to chance anything after the hell we went through with S. The only thing I can think of is that I eat quite a lot of grapefruit so going to cut that out and see if it makes a difference :shrug:

Hola!

work - i will be job hunting in the summer as my proposed nights away from home from Dec is..... drumroll.... 14 nights PERRR MOOONTH!!!! can u believe it? arses.
Lozza - sorry for a bad night hunni, i hope tonight is better for u xxx
Loo - i really hope your feeling less stressed hunni and that things are calming a bit x
Waula - YAY for Ns weight gain, thats super! u must be pleased. and stop dodging the .5 sex question :haha: or if you answered it already, tell me the page number :winkwink:
enjoy picking strawberries!
kk - so sorry about your DH job being cut. Im sure that he will find something bigger and better. In the meantime spend alot of time hugging and loving him :winkwink:
WT - you sd DH worries people will think K is only white... is P darker then? hope you dont me asking but ive never noticed a difference in your photos. But maybe thats cos im blinded by their twinnie cuteness haha :) xxx
cuppie - when do you go bk to work? in 2 months?
sambles - sorry for the poo time :( i hope u find out why xxx

sorry ive been AWOL ladies.... im in process of ''christening clean up''. and i mean clean up LOL. big style.

Gs night went:

crib at 7:30pm
actually asleep 9:30pm
stirred 4am (no feed)
co-slept till 8am

so a great night thankfuly.... lets hope for another tonight!!!

Fab night FT!!!! Way to go G!!! :happydance:

Regarding the boys' skin... it is not as evident in pictures for some reason, but P's skin is much darker than K's. P's legs are especially dark. (I would kill for such gorgeously tanned, soft and smooth legs!) K's skin is a gorgeous creamy white. DH jokes about it... saying he's glad we gave K the more "ethnic" sounding name since he's so white. :haha:

Ft, that's an insane amount of travel! Hope you're not too upset by Harry leaving today!

Had my first proper poonami today, all clothes straight in the machine and Z into the bath. Weirdly hardly any of the poo was in the nappy! Coupled with the wee all over him in the middle of the night I don't know what's going on with these nappies! Hope maybe it's a dodgy box of pampers as they've been ok til this week, or maybe he's changed shape! They're size 3 so def not too small. I've got some sainsburys size 2s but they're a bit tight!

Ha... ok 0.5 DTD...so you remember I said a while ago that DTD was not quite what it used to be...well...it doesn't really fit so we joke and say its only half a sex...:blush:

WT I love the idea of making a last feed. But not for ages yet! Although he's been feeding almost every hour today so who knows!! If this continues...you have been warned N!!

FT - good luck with the cleaning - they will all be coming round to see G though you know!!! :haha: and GREAT night... since when have you been harbouring the sleep fairy?? Kept that one quiet!! :haha:

Anyone heard from Missy??

Oh and it would appear the strawberry season is a bit late this year (sob) but instead I've been picking elderflowers to make elderflower cordial! YUM! I want a gin and tonic with elderflower cordial in it A LOT.

PS FT - re jobs...thought they had to offer you what you were originally doing - were you away 14 nights per month?! eek. happy job hunting. i may be joining you unless they can offer me no on call. on call + baby = bad times.

Kkl sorry about your OHs job its stressful. My OH and I were both suddenly made redundant 3 months before our wedding, and although we didn't have children it was a very hard time. :hugs: to you xx

Sambles, I find citrus seems to make F more fussy and vommy so maybe the grapefruit s the culprit!

Waula, yay for chunky N and also for the lack of gag! ;)

WT I clearly remember my last feed with Roh too, he was really sleepy and it was after a ff so he wasn't grumping and chewing, adorable! :). Ts not the end of snuggles though we still snuggle up all the time its my favourite as he really hugs back now. :cloud9: I'm very aware he's a boy and won't want to cuddle up wth his mummy for ever.
Oh, and my business will be initially patisserie supplies for trade outlets, so supplyng local cafes with handmade croissants, pasries, cakes and slices etc. The other part of it is an alternative bouquet company making and delivering upcycled fabric and paper, cupcake, chocolate, fruit and clothing bouquets. I'm not going to start until next year though as we are relocating to a new area, so it would be a real waste of time setting up my advertising and client base and then leaving here. Looking forwards to it though, its been years since I worked for myself. ;)

Lozza we have the magic poos that are predominantly outside the nappy. Once it was entirely clean and dry, but poo everywhere outside. :shrug:

Went out with my friend to the all you can eat chinese for lunch. Yum!! I love her so much, she's sad she'll babysit whilst OH and I go out to the cinema and for a meal even if she has to syringe feed F her whole feed! :haha: amazing, what a hero! All she wants is for me to ake her dinner and a cake in return. She's a paediatric doctor, so I totally trust her to look after the kids, she's ace! Yay!! Date night is back on the cards! :)

Did they move the quick reply box or am I crazy?

Kk, sorry about your DH's job. I hope something new pops up quickly!

Wt, your bit about the last nursing made me teary, too. Don't even want to think about it!

Work -- I work from home so I'll be back on the job a bit soon. But it's amazing how much less important it is to me. Especially some aspects... Like, I could do that for five minutes or spend five minutes with my baby making her feel loved. Not even a contest!

G is so on the verge of laughing. I know she has the physical ability since she chuckles in her sleep sometimes. We try everything we can to get her to give it up! Lol!

Kk - Sorry about your OHs job!

Loo - That's great weightloss... Although probably not the best cause.

WT - I would die laughing if someone asked if Keira were ethnic! What the hell is that eeven supposed to mean. For some reason I thought people would ask more about her background but I guess people aren't quite AS nosy as I thought as nobody has ever asked. I don't think it is obvious that she is half black yet either, although she is obviously mixed.

Off to my grandmothers house... Keira's first trip out into the countryside. :)

WT, you just made me cry :cry: that's such a nice way to do it. I know that soon my milk supply isn't going to keep up with D's demands, and doing it that way will be a lovely memory. Christ, I'm tearing up again!

KK, so sorry about your husband. It's a scary time, and I hope something comes along soon for him.

FT, I'm sorry about your job too. That's nuts. xx

Waula, I want a g&T with elderflower in too!! I love elderflower cordial. Yummy.

Looking forward to a mooch around the Traffoed Centre and lunch with Lozza and Glowie tomorrow.

Ooh. Guess who got to Asda? :smug:

Ft...may have to join you on the job hunting...have disliked my job/company for the last couple of years and you may remember me getting that offer at a new company and having to turn it down as i was 6 weeks pregnant.....and then was apprached about 2 others after that...typical:wacko:. My only problem is that i want to try and go back to work 4 days a week and i am guessing my company will give me more opportunity to do that tather than a new job in a similar role/level. Plus my role is pretty well paid so easy to cover childcare......just sooooo not loking forward to going back....its rubbish:cry:

Kk....sorry about your hubbys job....hopefully something better will come along though:hugs:

Loo...well done on the Asda trip and enjoy shopping and lunch tomorrow....jealous:haha:

Mouse...M has done some laughs but a bit broken as she finds her voice......she has taken to doing a right old cackle today....sooo funny

I sang Old McDonald had a farm to M tonight whilst having naked time (her not me:haha:) making all the animal noises....she loved it:cloud9:

Tomorrow is hair appt wooooop:happydance:....picking up my probably crap fathers day mug woooop:happydance:.....and dinner with the nct girls whilst hubby babysittings...whilst watching England match woooop:happydance:

Oh and nearly 5000 posts ladies:thumbup:

FT - yes back to work in 2 months

hope the clean up went well, please post some pics after the christening, id love to see G and the cake

i missed the bit about elderflower but i make my own cordial, its really easy and delicious with sparkling water or lemonade

yummy homemade chicken and bacon pie with cheese sauce for supper with mitch's triple choc cookies for pudding

Sounds yummy cupcake...i havent made those cookies for a few weeks now.....i think hubby was trying to hint and went out and bought cookies from M&S yesterday:haha:...they are not quite the same

We just ordered Dominos pizza...hubby gone to collect:happydance:...note i have changed from my usual Papa Johns...screwed up our internet order twice jow so.gave Dominos another go and actually really good. So for now they have my custom:haha:

Oooh hes back:happydance:

Mmmm, dominos! Well after all you can eat chinese for lunch I'm just having homemade pate and toast and cucumber for dinner! ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->