March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Glow they really are horrible!

Kym - I imagine E would need a passport. Ours only take a couple of weeks to sort, come over if you can!!

Looking forward to seeing D in an outfit! I've only seem her a handful of times but hadn't noticed loo that she was always in a babygro, probably cos Z is most of the time, it's just easier!

It's absolutely throwing it down here, sounds like the depths of winter. To DH in the spare room (yep, still!!) it will be deafening as he's in the loft with velux windows :haha: looks like I'll be up early to take him to work, can't cycle through this!

The only outfit that fits is hideous. Pink with yellow polka dot long sleeve vest with matching leggings :sick: with short dungarees over.........with a cats face on her arse! I mean really! Who have next got designing these clothes? Why are they making a mockery out of my daughter! Everything in 0-3 month size swamps her.....but I have got an incredibly cool gro ready just in case :winkwink:

Socks with feet painted on, huh......I guess they must use the same designed that does the next baby out fits :rofl:

Those socks are....strange.

I like D in a gro, it suits her and is how I dress E most days/nights. Today she's travelling to my parents in her most fetching Hungry Caterpillar vest and gro.

Last night.....last night. Ugh. Late to bed after a massive guzzle when I got in from training as she'd only had 100ml over the 5 hours. MrC didn't give her more EBM when he picked her up from my friend so we rowed when I found out. Anyway, she had more breast at 11, down at 12.15 up at 2 straining and then treating me to pooh everywhere as I changed her. So much it needed MrC and I both on the case. Finally asleep at 3, back up at 6.30 to a rowdy E. Destroyed, again.

Ugh msc that's NOT good... Hope you can keep your eyes open today!
Lads re gros... I think they're awesome - my SIL has DS 4months ahead of N so we get a LOT of hand me downs otherwise N would be a pure baby gro'er!!!!
Loo the outfit sounds LOVELY!! Make sure you get a pic haha!!!!
Enjoy your NW meet up, can't wait til next Friday!! :dance:
N did his standard 7, 11.30, 3, 7... But he's def awake and chattering at 6am - seems quite happy to entertain himself as 6am is a bit bloody early for me...hoping it continues...
Right...time to make a white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake for the BBQ at the granny in laws this weekend...big drive to Suffolk tonight. Going to set off at 7pm and try and get N to do his first sleep slot in the car. Fingers crossed it doesn't break our "routine" (I hate that word!!!!)
Xx

MsC :hugs: you've got a long day ahead of you too. I hope, at least, that she is settled for you today. xxx

Well, I dressed her.......and them promptly took it off again. She looked HIDEOUS. Pink is just not her colour (unless it's hot pink). A poonami would have improved things :rofl: so we have compromised on jeggins (wtf...she's a BABY,!!!!), and a very cool tee in navy blue with stripy arms.

*sigh* I can see I am really going to struggle with dressing Dharma.

WT - ur boys look so much like u xxx

NW LADS - enjoy your meet up.... photo please xxx

lozza- yup peeing down here too. miserable weather. gah.

waula - cheesecake sounds lush! enjoy ur trip xx

well G didnt sttn again - but just one feed at 4am so not bad.

christening cake currently in oven... then lunch out with zumba mommas... then back to decorate cake..... fingers crossed all goes well!!!

Loo - sign up to Zulily, they have some really cool stuff, especially for girls. I'm waiting on a jimmy Hendrix t-shirt from there at the moment!

Loo.....i love M in jeggings ha ha...but agree that although i try and avoid pink.(hot pink ok) its difficult with whats in the shops. Yellow and navy blue....and some hot pinl are M's colours of choice.

Enjoy your meet up today NW ladies x...oh yeah and definately a photo so ft can photoshop us all in

I am not speaking about M's night time.....its getting embarassing.....suffice to say i had to wake her this morning :blush:....please dont hate me ladies...i know she is going to make me suffer in later life....or the not to distant future:haha:

OH has just taken Roh to the park in the weirdest selection of clothing ever!? :wacko: Seriously, I don't know what goes through his head?
Mitch Roh was like M too, I ended up pretending he was waking in the night to the mums I used to meet up with as they all looked so knackered! :haha:
Wish F had decided to be the same! Saying that she's being adorable, and is back to only waking 3/4 tmes between 7-7, so it could be a lot worse! (Like the last week!)
Girls clothes wise, I've got all my neice's clothes, so its a full wardrobe, none of it is my choice, but a lot of it is lovely, so that's good. Mostly butt F n what seems comfy and try to forget the pastel pinkness of it all!! :sick:

not a great night here, started well with him sleeping until 3am and then it went wrong. he fed until about 4am (??!) and then about ten minutes after getting back into bed he wanted feeding again until about 4.30am.

he then woke up at 6.45am, i was knackered and ask hubby to change him, he didnt get out of bed so i was forced to egt up and change him. he had soaked through all clothes and mattress. no more sleep.

not a happy bunny...

loo - that outfit sounds delightful!

I went to meet a potential childminder for E this morning. I have odd requirements, cover so I can attend about 6 meetings a month, so finding someone suitible is difficult. I really liked her, she seemed very warm and straight up and my gut feeling said she was ok. Today she had a 19 month old and two aged 5 for holiday cover. She has capacity for E until February but attends a local childminder's group so could help with finding additional care if she can't cover E's needs when a new baby starts.

Her Ofsted report classed her care as 'satisfactory' with some monitoring/training aspects to improve on which I got the impression she had done. I forgot loads of questions....

How important is the Ofsted report? Should I be looking for anything in particular? What do I expect from a childminder looking after a 3 month old? Christ this is hard.

Sorry crow i meqnt to ask my sil for you. Will text her today and probe about ofsted for you x

Speaking as a teacher, I would look at the ofsted report as a guideline only. If your gut feeling is that it's ok, then it almost certainly is.

Ofsted have an absolute obsession with paperwork and a lot of it is whether or not that is up to date (and believe it or not, if the childminders have their lesson plans in place for all of their children. M y sis is a childminder and she says she has to do them for all children, even the newborns she has).

Make sure that the sections on safety are ok and then I'd pretty much ignore the ofsted reports. I'd certainly do that about a school too. They do not look at that which makes a school good. Gut reaction is a far more suitable measure!

x

Thank you

The safety stuff was all ok, it was just around training and monitoring. I'll have another look at it later, but let me know if your SIS, Laura, or your sil, Mitch, might too?

I just liked her, she was very warm and talked to and held E nicely. The children there were very different but het way with them was good.

I'll happily look over the ofsted for you and I'll ask Cait to as well if you'd like. :D

x

I am sure as Laura said your gut feeling is the best...and i remember sil said that the offsted inspectors are well ott....i suppose best to be that way than slack. Some of their guidelines is that childminders must have an equal representation of multi ethnic.toys...black and asian dolls etc etc....so even.that could fall into a average scoring if she hasnt. Its good that.you saw her with other children and E :thumbup:

I'd definitely agree that the Ofsted reports are not what I would go by when choosing a childminder. Like you said MsC if you got a good vibe and she was how you would want her to be with E then you are pprobably going to get along with her and E will too. Ofsted are obsessed with bureaucracy and accountability so assuming you are happy with the things they've highlighted as needing improvement then that's all you should take from it really. ;) I've done a year and a half of childminding, but only set myself up to mind friend's children, so I've never had "strangers" or customers want to vet me. I still had to have an ofsted inspection though. :wacko:

Mitch - I also try not to talk about E's sleeping habits. None of these ladies want to hear that he slept 8-10-7.

My hubby survived putting E to bed by himself. Barely. Apparently he cried for an hour before passing out. (What time did he try putting him to bed? I was home by 8) But hubby ignored all my instructions. Didn't give him a bath, didn't read to him, or sing to him. He just gave him a bottle, wrapped him up in the blanket and plopped him into bed wide awake. All he did to try to calm him was rock him. He said he kept getting the "You're not doing it right" look.

I think he needs more practice. I obviously need to go out more often.

I have a BOOB HICKEY! I was feeding E and didn't notice for a minute the he had slipped off the nipple and was still sucking.

I hardly ever dress him in "proper clothes" It's sleepers if it's cold onesies if it's warm. Pants are just so annoying to put around a big diaper bum. And he always tries to put both feet in one leg. We were given a lot of clothes that he has just never worn because one piece clothing is just so easy.

lol at the boob hicky!

im having a piggish day, i can't stop eating the choc cookies and have also eaten a chocolate cupcake (waitrose and so delicious, they have a gooey chocolate centre)

bit bored to be honest

feeling like a bad housewife - i cant be bothered to do anything. dog needs a walk....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->