March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Regarding girly, pink outfits... I live in a part of the US ("the South") where kids clothes lean towards the fussy/sissy side. Boys and girls alike are often dressed in starched cotton pastels with embroidered details. And there is an obsession with smocked and monogrammed dresses for girls. Some of it is cute (provided it's not pastel). But on the whole, it's not my style, and it all seems so scratchy.

LOL, Kym. I think you should give DH more practice, and I love that E gave him the look.

Cupcake- We all deserve the occasional piggish cookie day. :)

P.S. I don't mind when hearing about all the good nights. It gives me hope for what is to come!!!

I texted my SIL mscrow....she said there are obviously 4 ratings with ofsted....unsatisfactory, satisfactory, good and outstanding....she said it sounds like the childminder may not be potting the learning and development of the children she looks after as well as ofsted want her too.....parents often are not worried about that and would ratherhave their children in a loving and caring environment. I guess if you are leaving E as an adhoc arrangement rather than fulltime and the fact that she is still quite young....it shouldnt bother you that much. She agreed with the fact that gut feeling is the main thing and their environment.

She said she is happy for me to pass her phone number to.you if you would like to.speak to her directly...she is lovely:kiss:

Hope that helps x x

Have to.shoot off and pickup mugs now....hi to.everyone....and cupcake you are allowed to chill...its Friday:happydance:

hope the mug is good mitch

think i might do some tidying, at least i will have achieved something other than scoffing my face

Cupcake, it can be a bit boring at home with a baby sometimes! :hugs: the tendency to sit around eating chocolate is a real diet-buster! :blush:
Its sodding raining AGAIN! Argh, we are watching Bugs Life AGAIN! Roh only wants to watch t if we are stuck in the house at the moment. I know the damn film by heart! Worst thing s he doesn't watch it all, but wants to play with me etc, but if I turn it off he gets mad! :dohh: I want an actual summer, then we could go run about in the sun! :(

ugh lads...i'm hearing you on the rain front...but me and one of the NCT ladies in the village decided to brave it and walk to the next village for deli food and absolutely got caught out in the rain. absolutely soaked to the skin. babies warm as toast in their prams...bah...where is our summer??! but on a good note we treated ourselves to a warm goats cheese and sundried tomato panini and a slab of chocolate brownie! YUM!
Cuppie - sounds like a very bad night but a lovely recovery day - don't you feel bad!!! xxx
MsC - good luck on the childminder front - as always lads, great advice...I'll be coming back to this page in a few months time!!!
Right...off to pack the car for this weekend...can't believe one little baby needs sooo much stuff!!!
xxx

*sigh*

Hello Daddy

I'm sending this from the train to let you know I'm being a lovely tyrant for mummy. I've spit up milk down her bra, I hate my wilkinet sling and now I refuse to sleep! I'm not crying now though.

Love
Edith
Xxxx

oh dear mscrow sounds like a stressful journey!

the sun is just coming out here at last

has everyone planned fun things for fathers day?

Gaah the sun came out just as we hit dinner time, so now its too late to go out and enjoy it :( Poo!

MsC, :hugs: hope E settles down! I had a Wilkinet with Roh but found the long straps a bit of a faff so I sold it and bought the Close one. It was really comfy though ;)

Cuppie, nothing good planned for Sunday as OH is working as usual, so we'll just get him breakfast in bed and give him his presents. Going to make a card tomorrow as Roh wasn't up for doing it today. I haven't gotten anything for OH, just from the kids, that's normal right, I mean, he's their dad, not mine! :haha:

Hmm, question, does anyone elses baby still have the baby acne/milk rash going on? F is still really spotty! Starting to wonder if its a bit of eczema or something...

Emera, A got baby acne around 6 weeks, but it all cleared up by the time she hit 10 weeks or so.

Have a new friend coming round this afternoon for a walk to the park with my baby and her puppy :happydance: excited for new friends and to see the puppy!!! She was A's nurse when she was in the hospital, and is also married to DH's cousin (the girl, not the puppy).

Baby acne cleared up here too, although they do have the occasional random pimple.

I skipped the process of making cookies (as if I have time for things like that!) and went straight to eating the chocolate chips out of the bag. :blush: :munch:

Ms.C- Sorry E is giving you trouble. I love the message to Daddy though. :haha:

emera - i havent got him anything, i agree its just from the kids! hope the card making goes well. luckily my spot the dog daddy book arrived today just in time.

crowned - yay for new friends and especially puppies

im off shopping tomorrow to buy a new outfit for the christening. slightly dreading shopping to be honest.... going to be disappointing and expensive!

I hate shopping at the moment, because I don't like what I see in the mirror, so I automatically hate everything I try one! :dohh: I'm finding online shopping more successful, because then I try it on here and my mirror isn't full length! :haha: so if its comfy and I like the look of it, it stays, who cares how it looks on!! :lol:

Nothing for oh from me, he's getting the £7.50 bowl with Z's footprints and that's all. Plenty!

Lovely afternoon with glow and a slim loo again with 3 impeccably behaved babies! But difficult to get a photo of them together so we decided we'll do one next week instead with Waula &msC.

Mitch - my mum just posted me 2 bags of coconut m&ms from the store but I can't eat them til this dairy thing over , gutted!

Lozza, are Z's poops normal colored? Just curious.

MsC, sorry E is being a bear!

G is a little fussy today, can't tell if she's tired or gassy. Feeding her and trying to keep her happy and relaxed, chilled and aimed at a ceiling fan ;)... But every time I set down a blanket and turn my back, I turn around to find the dog asleep on it.

What counts as proper baby clothes? G mostly wears onesies with pants over them or long sleep suits all day. We have a couple of cute top/ bloomer outfits but I hate how the tops bunch up and leave her back or belly exposed!

Yep lovely afternoon with Lozza and Loo :thumbup: ALL babies were brilliant and lunch was lovely, we even managed a tripple nappy change :haha:

Got caught in a massive downpour when I arrived though and struggled to get J out of the car...I was soaked :wacko:

Looking forward to next week with MrsC and Waula :hugs:

We had a great trip to see my grandmother, she was making Keira laugh like crazy. I guess having had ten children gives you the skills to do that easily lol. She turns 98 this year! I got a picture of her, my dad, Keira and I. It will be nice to put in her scrapbook. Keira refused to sleep the entire trip aside from 10 minutes where she fell asleep sitting up on my aunts lap. When we got home at 5 I fed her and she went directly to bed and didn't wake up again until 11! We had a terrible night though. She was up every 2 hours but I suspect that was because I didn't bottle feed her at 11.

She has been super tired all day. She has been awake and played for maybe 3 hours today. I tried to take her for our usual evening walk and only made it out for 15 minutes before having to turn back because she wouldn't stop screaming. No Ice Cream for me tonight! lol

We had planned a date night for tomorrow night but it turns out my family forgot and made plans to go to my aunts cottage instead. Now we can't go to the movies and Keira will be coming with us to Red Lobster. Should be interesting.

Glad you had a good time with family, Skadi. It won't take long for K to get back on her schedule.

Rain or not, I'm massively jealous of your lunchtime meet up, Glow, Loo and Lozza! And it's wonderful to hear that all the LOs were well-behaved.

You lads keep talking about all the rain you've been having. Well a friend of mine who recently moved from the US to North Yorkshire. Anyway, her son's school sent home a note saying: "Tomorrow, Thursday 14 June, is Countryside Day for years 3 and 4. Please make sure your child is in school uniform, has a coat, sensible shoes, and, in the unlikely event of some sun, a sun hat". :haha: It made me giggle.

Mouse - his poos are normal yellow colour, the osteopath admitted he had no other symptom of dairy intolerance. Last night he's managed 8.30 to 12.30, 12.30-2 (stirred in between so I brought him into bed with me after a 10 min walk round, then 3-6! That's sctually an improvement, wonder if the lack of dairy for a week is starting to filter through after all?

Wt - that sounds like a pretty standard school letter! Forecasters can't get anything right. Depressingly they're saying it will be crap until at least end of July!

Had a blocked duct overnight, forgot how painful massaging it out could be but it popped while z was just feeding and almost choked him, then continued to spray everywhere for a minute, I was collecting it in my hand then had to put him down and grab a glass!!! Feels so much better now!

Lozza, ouch! Amusing image though with the whole glass thing...

MsC, I hope Edith settled. She was probably just excited about her new found skills to write an email and needed an excuse to send one :winkwink:

Had a lovely time with Glow and Lozza yesterday. The boys were charming as ever, and didntvhearca peep out of them. D was vocal, but well behaved! :haha: we had Italian tapas which was so good,. Looking forward to next Friday so we can line the babies up for photos :)

Well, I'm going out tonight! I'm making myself do it really as I'd probably prefer an early night. However my silbis dragging me to TigerTiger in Manchester with her girlfriends. We have the 12-2 karaoke booth slot, so we should be well oiled by then and in the mood for a bit of singing *cringe*

Only problem is where I expected to recover tomorrow and pump and dump my milk, Al now has to work a 14 hour shift from 11am, so I donk think I'll be drinking too much tonight!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->