March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Laura - would be great to see you! We're meeting at Loo's house (when she tells us where it is) in Stockport then walking to the local pub I think. Would be great to see you!
Speaking of which DH has got to drive to wetherby so I'll be on the train. Z's first train trip!

Ooh, and we almost pulled a dolly, albeit a slack one who turned up late and clocked off early, 9.45 to 4.15!! Unfortunately I'm so stuck in a routine I still woke at 1 and 2.30 but at least I went back to sleep again! :happydance:

I just realized two hours after putting Eliott to bed that I never turned on the parent side of the baby monitor. I would have heard him if he was really screaming but I probably wouldn't have heard the little cries. Just checked on him and he is sleeping peacefully.

Skadi - That's adorable. Eliott only talks when he's really happy but I love it.

First of all :rofl: 'a slack Dolly' That's hilarious, but AMAZING!!!! Go Z! :yipee:

Laura, :hugs: I am so glad that you got that out though. It's so important not to internalise these things. As it turned out, I had a relatively straight forward birth but because I was taken into theatre with placenta complications, I missed out on the whole skin to skin thing and I too struggled to bond with D. Apart from anything else, she seemed so damn unhappy to be around me, and that was difficult to cope with. We all had our different 'routes', but we have all worked hard to get here, and that cannot be taken away from us. :hugs:

Oh, btw of course you can come! In fact MsCrow mentioned you last week, I'm just rubbish and forgot to email you. The plan is to come to mine and *if* it's nice then we can walk to the local pub, but if it's horrible then I might do some sort of buffet lunch here. Before anyone else feels left out, ALL of you are welcome, though it's probably a bit of a treck for WouldLuv, and our stateside/Canadian ladies :rofl:

Emera, I hope Roh got to sleep ok and the virus is only short lived :hugs:

Well if Z pulled a slack Dolly, then mine is working overtime! D went from 8 'till 5.15! Amazing.

Lozza I am so pleased for you!!!!!! Well done Z :dance:

Loo and Laura thanks for sharing your experiences and for being so honest - what a journey and its so nice to know you're all here :hugs:

Emera blurgh...hope Roh is better this morning...as much as |N sick is frustrating I am not looking forward to toddler vom!!!!

Ergh I'm broken! Got Roh to be and he seems fine this morning, which is great. Unfortunately, about 45 mins after I got to sleep F woke up and stayed awake until 5am!!! :saywhat: when OH got up for work. Argh, I've had 2 hours sleep! :wacko: it hurts! :(

Just had an odd dream. It was Friday, and everyone had turned up for lunch, but I went upstairs and decided to have a nap, and when I came down you had all gone home :sad2:

NO NAPPING ON FRIDAY ��

Thank you all so much! you lads have a great ability to always say the right thing. And you're right, whatever route we took to get there we have beautiful and amazing babies at the end of it.

Brilliant about Friday. I'm looking forward to meeting you!

X

Morning Lads,
Sorry not updated last couple of days but O is not coping with teething to well and it’s been a struggle to do anything. It’s like having a newborn again who cried eats and sleeps a little every 3 hours on a loop. We can feel the tooth under her gum it just wont actually brake through :(

Haven’t caught up properly (about to now) but...
wouldloveabub I agree with you on getting annoyed with the whole c-section thing. Most people are fine with it and are totally understanding at how hard it was not just physically but mentally to but some people seem to look down there noses when you say it ended up in a c-section. I was in Labour for 50 hours before it happened and become 10cm dilated but it could have killed us both if i tried to push her out, they waited a few hours after i became fulle dialted in hope O would get herself in the right position to come out but she just got herself even more twisted up and then stopped moving altogether and her heartbeat started to drop, she was so stuck bless her that even the c-section went a bit iffy, they had to make the internal incision much larger and she got yanked out by her ankle and ended up with a cut and bruised arm for a couple of weeks. I had to stay in hospital for a week, and even now still get pains from it.

Laura, I felt very similar to yourself for a long time as well. I felt like i had failed and for a long time actually considered running away from everything. Talking about it helps as a lot of the time you don’t even realise your feeling like it :hugs: I still haven’t come to terms with the fact that things didn’t go to plan but i do know that having the section was the safest thing to do and probably saved my daughter’s life.

I hadn’t spoken to my OH about it till till the weekend actually, i asked him if he was disappointed in me for not being able to give birth naturally, I’d spent 15 weeks building myself up to ask him as i was so sure he must have been. He told me that he would forever be grateful and proud of me for safely bring our daughter into this world and nothing he could ever do would equal that.

So lads however your bubbas got into this world we should all be proud at how amazing we are to have done it!!!

Right gonna go catch up!

My OH can be lovely sometimes haha!
It made me realise what a huge thing i did though, that we all did, we grew a little person and gave them to the world! Who knows what our babies will grow up to do but however they put there print on this world, whoever they grow up to be it was us who created that, they will all fall in love and probably have babies of there own and we have been a part of this huge chain that shapes the world!
Oh dear what's gotten into me? How cheesy is that? :rofl: It's just that it amazes me!

L&L - what a lovely thing to say!
Loo -got over yr hangover? Some good action shots on FB!
Ft - dont know if you subscribe to Zulily but there's a perfect t-shirt for G on there today - I love chips!! Lovely christening photos on FB by the way!

Seem to have a sudden heat wave here today, it's gorgeous! And means I can get z into some summer stuff before he grows out of it!

MORNING LADS!!!

Ive got loads to read back on which im going to do now, but just wanted to say we had an amaaaaazing christening day.... it was even dry and sunny just when we neeeded it to be!

ive attached a photo of the cake i made. i know its not perfect but i made every cm of it.... so pretty proud. lol.

right... will read bk now!!! xxx

Shitty shitty night here. (Double the baby means double the shitty).

But, it almost makes up for it to come on here and read that about Z's slack Dolly!!!! That seriously put me in a good mood. You deserve that good night, Lozza!!

Loo- The karaoke pics are awesome. You clearly put your soul into your performances. Sing it sister! :) (And you look beautiful!)

FT- All the christening pics are beautiful!!! I love the pics when G does his serious face -- looks as if he's saying "I can't believe you put me in this dress."

L&L- I'm sure the lack of sleep has made me extra emotional, but your post about your birth made me bawl. So glad that your OH recognizes what a hero you were in getting her here. :hugs:

Emera- Big hugs. :hugs: :hugs: Hope everyone feels well soon and you get some much deserved sleep.

AFM... not much more to say than it was a shitty night. Now I have to get ready for work. Wahhhh. Hopefully I don't give any bad legal advice today as my brain will surely be mushy.

Question for experienced moms... is it too early for separation anxiety??? How can I stop it? Yesterday, I went to the gym and took the babies to the nursery. Both of them cried a lot after I left and the nursery workers said they tried everything to console them. They immediately calm down when I pick them up. Then, yesterday evening, my in laws came over, and both babies SCREAMED whenever they picked them up. :shrug: It's strange because my in laws have been here all day, every day during the week for the past 2 weeks, so it's not as if they are strangers. I love that they love me so much, but I'm going to go crazy if I'm the only one that can hold them without screaming.

WT, D is the same with me. I can't pass her to anyone (sometimes not even Al) without her crying. More worryingly is that Al and I are having a date night on Wed and leaving her with sil. Am dreading it already :( wish there was something we could do, but it's getting worse, not better for us.

I'm going to kill my sil for putting those pics up on fb. Great night = embarrassing photos!

well ive tried to read everything.....! LOL

wudluv - utter tosh that a c-sec is easy way out etc etc.... i would hv done anything to avoid one as i wanted the experience of Pushing G out... but it saved his life. It was very tough on me afterwards to come to terms with and was anything BUT easy. I wouldnt have nice words for anyone who looked down on me for having one. I will be having another one for my next baby which has been a tough choice too. I would love to push the next one out... but how can i when i know what G went through? :cry: so ignore anyone who says negative things.

I hate it when people say ''they never had c-secs years ago''.... yes well. They also didnt have sanitised surgeries, tools, proper medicine, proper doctors etc etc years ago.... so how about if we scrap one thing we scrap it all? idiots.

rant over.

Loo - great piccies of singing on FB :) you look beautiful :)

sambles, lozza etc - sorry for the tough nights. it has to get easier.... right???

Cuppie - cant wait to see your cake and christening photos. You will love every minute of it.

WT- no advice as its better to come from experienced mums rather than what ive studied, but its not too young for attachment anxiety. its meant to start properly at 6months., but they can miss ur smell etc before then. i do know it will get better with time tho. xxxx

AFM, as i said christening was AMAZEBALLS. i cant believe it was warm sunny and dry for us... esp at 8pm it lashed down with rain! G cried during the service :dohh: because he was hungry bless him... but whats a christening without some tears haha :haha:

so many lovely presents too..... im sad its over :(

chilling today... exhausted!!!!

I don't think seperation anxiety is supposed to start until 6 months. However I think it must really depend on how alert the baby is. Keira is fine being held by others and strangers but I noticed she generally either keeps her eyes on me or she will look around and make sure I'm still there. I haven't left her alone with anyone in awhile though so who knows. Try leaving them with something of yours like a shirt that has been worn. The smell might help keep them calm if it is seperation anxiety. (My sister had it very bad even when she got to school age and that is what my parents did.)

Edit: When she starts boob chewing should I pull her off and give her a soother if she is starts crying? Her mouth is too small for teething rings but I also don't want to be starving her. Its just that the chewing hurts!

That leads to this as well.. She was almost ten lbs at the beginning of May. I weighed her myself on a regular scale by holding her and then not holding her and the difference was only ten lbs! She was in the 50-75th percentile so how could she suddenly just stop following that? She should be around 12 lbs now!

:( i didn't mean to make you cry WT!

Right I'm meant to be going to get O weighed today, in 20 minuets in fact, though it takes 20 minutes to get there and neither of us are dressed. Think we may be late as O wont let me put her down with out screaming today. No shower for me today!

:rofl: FT, I love that you described your son's christening as AMAZEBALLS. :rofl: When he's older, all the other kids will think G has the hippest mama on the block.

Skadi- Don't worry about the weight thing. The stepping on the scale trick is really iffy because it's hard to make sure you have baby's weight squarely over the scale. Her growth may be slowing now that she's 5 months anyway. :hugs:

Loo- I know exactly what you mean by dreading an outing days in advance. My DS1 had horrible separation anxiety, and I always dreaded leaving him because of it. In fact, I had to start scheduling date nights for after he went to sleep.

I'm so surprised my twins would be feeling anxious about my leaving. I've been back at work for over a month now, and they are routinely held by other people since I simply cannot hold them all the time. When I left the house this morning, K was happy and smiley in his grandma's arms. So hopefully it stays that way today. FX!!! It's going to be so sad if they cry when their daddy holds them for the first time after being away for 3 1/2 weeks!!

Loo :haha: brill photo's! look's like you had a fab time :hugs:

Still not had time to read back....had a bad 24 hour horrible cold with aching and feeling a bit flu like so only just feeling better today :wacko:

FT - gorgeous cake! well done you! and lovely pics on FB!

WT - no I don't think it's too early...J is doing it too...get's a right bottom lip when he isn't sure of someone :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->