March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Lovely cake, FT!! Is it quite common for babies to be christened around this age? Just curious, as we had A baptized around 3.5 weeks old, and people considered that 'late' at our church. Perhaps it's different for you? :flower:

EDIT: FT, I didn't mean for that to sound judgmental at all - just pure curiosity as to whether it's quite common to do it around now. I don't think it matters when it's done at all, but just hadn't seen it done at 3 months old before. Sorry if my comment didn't read nicely! :hugs:

MsC, you had a vbac? :hugs: sorry if this is too sensitive/ personal (don't answer if you feel uncomfortable or don't want to), but I would love to know how you would compare the recoveries from a c-section vs. vbac.

AFM, sunburn is still pretty bad. DH has it too, and I feel so bad he has to go off to work outdoors today (construction). Hoping the clouds stay and it remains cool, as a hot day in the sun is torture on a sunburn! I did pack a lot of ibuprofen in his bag though, to help keep the pain away, and lathered him in aftersun this morning.

Lads, is that name you keep saying (bonigel? borigel? something you were using for teething and mouth ulcers) the same thing as what we call Oragel? (medication to numb the gums for babies who are teething or to numb a toothache?)

Crowned, I'm glad you mentioned the teething gel because I'd been meaning to ask about that too. I used it with DS1 without any problems, but here in the US, the Food and Drug Administration has recently warned against using it. (https://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/news/20110505/fda-warns-about-teething-medication)

It describes the condition as "rare", but I don't know how rare. Perhaps it doesn't matter how rare?? After all, SIDS is also very rare, but we do all do a lot to prevent it just in case. I don't know. If the teething pain is very bad, I wonder if it would be better to use a dose of baby motrin rather than orajel??? Thoughts?

Crowned yes, oragel = bongela ;)

WT- boo for a shitty night! :hugs: whilst seperation anxiety starts later, babies can still easily have clingy days, its less consistant at this age where as it would be more of an all the time thing. Things that smell of you and lots of reassuring noises are about the best you can do.

FT love the cake!! Its fab!

Argh will continue later! :hugs:

Well we are finally over the pox but managed to infect both my nieces ! Bad times :o(

Re : the csection thing. I've had an emergency section twice now. If anyone dared tell me I was a lesser mum for it I would be livid. My wound has only just healed 10 weeks after. In both instances my babies were at risk and a section was the safest option. I have however started my complaint about my hospital this week (not in regards to the section but about certain practices within the hospital)

Glad most of you are getting half decent nights sleep now. Noah is really hit and miss but generally we go down at 7pm and then do 10pm, 3am and then 8am. I'm lucky in that he feeds, winds and goes straight back to sleep.

Hopefully I can keep up with you all now !! If anyone wants to add me on Facebook (o know alot of you use that too then my name is Laura Kowa lczyk without the spaces. Pics are of my 2 munchkins.

I'm very jealous of your meet ups !! The September stars (from when my daughter was born) have meets too and were hoping to have a weekend away this summer !!

Right I hear someone shrieking and the other stirring so need to move double quick ! Xx

So glad we all got a couple of hours nap this morning! I seem to have whatever Roh has had though, I fee really unwell, everything hurts, like a dreadful hangover or something. :( had a whole load of replies to write but they've all gone out of my head :(

Hope your feeling better soon Emera. Nothing worse than being I'll with kids to look after. I had a sickness big last week. It wasn't alot of fun. Xx

Oh Gosh - FT I forgot to mention in my post about how gorgeous your cake was! Lovely!

Crowned - Even at my church most babies aren't baptised until they are at least3 months - at least from all the baptisms I can remember. When Keira was baptised she was 4 months old and my moms friends daughter had her LO baptised the week after and she was born shortly after Keira. We are Anglican though, so perhaps it depends on what kind of Church you go to.

As for teething pain you can get Camilia here, it is a homeopathic remedy which seems to work for Keira and is safe prior to 3 months unlike teething gels. I find she still wants to chew on things though. My mom used whiskey on my gums when I was teething. :p

Skadi, thanks! I wasn't sure about the baptism thing - must just be my church denomination that does it so early, then!

Fun Question of the Day:
If you could choose one word to describe your baby today (based on the mood they're in, or how they're behaving/sleeping/eating, etc), what would you choose?

Crowned - I was thinking ft was early! I was christened at 6 months and have seen other christenings around that age.
Laura - will add you on FB! I'm Lauren.
Trying to get an overtired Z to sleep and failing!

My word is Grumpster!! not in a good mood today. Stupid teeth. Talking about Gels one of the ladies at my first mummies group gave me some boots powder to try when she's next in pain so will let you know how that goes.

O now weighs 12lb3, (she was 11lb5 3 weeks ago) which is fine but she has definitely now moved down to the 25th line

Laura will add you, I'm Gemma.

crowned, doesnt sound rude at all hun xxx 3.5 weeks would be considered very early by most catholics i think.... but only because of birth recovery, booking the church etc xxx but most practising catholics wud prob baptisse between 3-6 months old..... i would say getting G done at nearly 12 weeks old is pretty early here.... xxx alot of my pals tho baptised their LOs at a year old..... so i guess it differs alot xxx

well the powder seems to have been amazing, my screaming baby has turned into a laughing 'I'm going to eat your shoulder and shout at it till it taste nicer' baby.

oh spoke to soon, crying baby again :cry:

L+L try cold things along with the teething powders. Also, chewing on your knuckle can feel nice for them (although a bit painful for you possibly!).

My word, Tolerant. I'm feeling awful so being a hopeless mum, and Roh keeps poking her and she's just smiling! :haha:

Word for M....vocal! Cant decide if unhappy or not hmmm

l&l those powders are great..my bro told me about them

Ooops think.shes annoyed in swing....grizzly.today and not sure why. Liads of naps and the usual sleep through last night. Hmmmmm best get her then....45 mins til pre-bed naked time...her not me

sorry cant reply to all x

Well i took her nappy off and she then had a huge poo so that may have been the crying :( i just wish she'd poo in her nappy. She's now fast asleep in my arms.
We made ice cube milk lollies but she wont really suck or chew on them but i might try again once she's woken up and the powder has taken effect. She's always chewing on us and covering us in nice slimy drool!
And your not being hopeless emera, F obviously likes it!

EDIT- And Laura i may be being stupid but i can't find you on fb?

loving all the chat about baby love

FT - your cake is amazing!! i love it! im wishing i had gone for a religious theme now, mine is not religious at all! oops.

emera - sounds like another tough night. bless little Roh being ill. hopefully he feels better now.

christening age - i would say most babies i know have been christened at abotu 12 months but they are anglican. i would say most catholic babies are christened between 3-6 months. I think usually babies are only christened very young (ie less than a couple of months old) if they are sick and not likely to make it, that is what i have experienced anyway.

one word to describe R -annoying! he has been whinging all day, so i feed him, change him, lie him down, sit him up, play with toys etc and he stills moans. not cool when im in the shoes shop surrounded by hundreds of shoes! aaah

well i bought the dress but with different shoes and no jacket (my sister sensibly pointed out that a satin jacket wasnt the best choice with a gobby baby on my shoulder! lol) i even bought a nail varnish to match in coral pink

i also bought R some white shoes and socks and some cute blue leather pram shoes with tractors on the front.

also paperchase had a sale on so i bought tonnes of new stationary. im a stationary addict, i love sending little cards and things.

we had a bad night last night, 4am is the witching hour in our house. he just would not go back to sleep after being fed.

L&L - Lozza couldn't find me either !! Think you can search by email address so it's [email protected]

Noah's word for today would be content. He has been so good today and totally chilled out whilst I've looked after Olivia and my two poorly nieces who have the pox. X

My word for her today is - Comedian!

I had a Drs appointment for my Raynauds and she was telling the receptionist a story and laughing at the end of it. I would love to know what's going on in her head! Lol

L&L - I'm with you on the baby chewing everything. It seems like everytime I hold her she leaves a snail strail of baby drool on my arm! Lol. She is always chewing on her hand too. At least she isn't too fussy about it now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->