March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

L&L...i think.you possibly could over feed him...he would just be a fatty:haha:....when we got Archie our kitten...he was the same. We just gave him the recommended amount....he was a greedy guts

I think.the SW girls were looking at Bristol Ikea :-( i.was hoping Southampton.too...thats the one i.go to (rarely)

Laura - we haven't had the pox yet but Sam starts nursery in september so it's only a matter of time!

yes I;m with Mitch come to southampton!!! It's lovely here honest!

We where told he was wormed Laura, but as i pointed out to my OH early we don;t know if that's true. We need to take him to the vets to get his injections soon anyway so if he;s still like it i might see if he thinks we should worm him again (does it do any harm to over worm him?)
We're feeding the recommended amount at the moment but if he keeps crying for food i will give in!

Cuppie - it was me who mentioned TK Maxx...I always see them in there :winkwink:

Poooooooooooooo Lozza! He's always so angelic when I see him :haha:
Just remember I was going to suggest some of these but guess you might have already seen them https://www.babyreflux.co.uk/categories/Sleeping-%26-Bedtime/

Mitch - I don't really measure what J has :shrug: I just keep a constant stock of bottles and feed him when he's hungry. He still is up during the night though but only once, he went down last night at 8.00pm and slept until 4.10am and then back down again until 8.15am so I can't complain.

Cupcake : I'm hoping that as he is so young he should only get it mildly. Hes very moany this evening and struggling to settle which is very unlike him. x

Waula : Thanks for the add. x

L&L : I think if you over worm he could possibly get the runs. How long have you had him ? If more than 2 weeks it should be safe for you to worm him again anyway. x

Sambles : Yep the pox always does its rounds at nursery. I am glad in a way that were getting it out of the way at a young age. x

It will be two weeks on Wednesday, I might get some worming stuff at the weekend for him.
I've always had cats but they have always eaten through out the day, not all at once as soon as it's given to them.
And :hugs: for poor noah

Ugh chicken pox...poor things, I can remember having it and scratching myself raw :( hope he gets it over with quickly :hugs:

DH just bloody woke N up playing his friggin guitar. Had a tiny teeny feed and has gone back down but grrrr! He said "it's time for the dream feed anyway" that's SO not the point. And calm...

X

Cuppie, let's organise this meet! We'll have to get hold of Missy, think she's still on holiday though? I can get to Southampton reasonably easily, but getting to the Ikea there is another matter! I don't have a car. :haha:

Well OH has had to book the day off tomorrow, I'm officially really ill, my temp is spiking up to 40 degrees+ ergh, rubbish! Roh seems fine now, although still refusing all food that isn't dry shreddies :shrug:

F is extra grumpy, wonder if my milk is a bit crappy with being ill?

Waula -grrr men :growlmad: my OH woke T up on fri night when the footie was on by yelling at the telly. When I had a go at him and told him he wasn't in the pub he said that he'd actually done me a favour because it would mean that T would only want one night feed now :wacko:

I think you can overfeed kittens - my friend had one that sounds just like yours, and she literally would eat anything you put in front her, no matter how much she'd eaten before. Best bet would be to check with the vet though :hugs:

Poor Noah, Laura. Hope it's just a mild case of the pox!

Ha!!! Sambles that is amazing. Men hey!!! Ah well, I'll just be extra wriggly when I get up to do the 2am feed (he's still wearing ear plugs so being noisy doesn't work!!!)

Emera sorry to hear you're poorly, hope you get better soon... Fingers crossed F doesn't get it or heaven forbid your DH!!!!! :haha: hope u and F have a quiet night... X

if your getting the train to Southampton the Ikea It's a 5 minute walk! It's right in the city centre!
Being so far down south sucks right now haha, Would love to try to meet up with some of you guys.
I wish we could somehow all meet up :( Maybe we should all holiday somewhere very sunny together? :rofl:

Emera :hugs: I;m sorry your not well, not good with two to look after. glad your DH is gonna look after you all

Emera...hope you feel better soon x x glad OH has the day off...please just make sure you.relax and sleep between.feeding F...let him do.the work

Waula....blah to your OH.:haha:. I really dont think.they understand most of the time

Glow...thanks for the ff knowledge...i.am just keeping a note of how much shes having.out of interest really...finding.it so.easy to make up the powder bottles with pre prepped sterilised/water filled bottles...not sure why i.was so.worried

Hello, lads... All caught up.

Emera, hope you're feeling okay.

Laura1982, ugh! Sorry about the chicken pox. Hope N gets through it without too much discomfort.

Lauraclili, :hugs: about your birth experience.

FWIW to the lads who had c-sections, I had a very smooth birth (much better than anyone anticipated) and I still didn't feel bonded immediately. I think of it as, I knew I loved her, and I knew I wanted to care for and comfort her, but I didn't know why. Whereas now I know I love her because she is wonderful. ;) think I mentioned this before, but when I came home from the hospital I cried because I kept thinking, "Why have I done this terrible thing to my dog?" :rofl:

FT, glad everything went well, and great job on the cake!

Loo, you look fab in those pictures!

L&L, so sweet what your DH said about your c-sec.

And hi and hugs to all, my brain is running on low these days, lol.

We had a nice fathers day, had some friends over for brunch. Then G slept almost all day and I started to worry my mimosa drinking had gone too far. :rofl: but she's super sleepy today, too, so I guess it's just how she is right now.

We have some friends (old family friends of DH's) coming into town and DH was going to take them out to Palm Springs, but I realized the temperatures are in the 110-113 (43-44 c) range during the day and told DH I wasn't taking the baby. He then starts saying how if I don't start taking her places now I'll never take her anywhere... Am I correct in thinking that's just below-the-belt bullshit (or "bus shut" as my iPad would rather say)? She's only two and a half months old!

I feel like I try so hard not to "fight dirty" when we have disagreements but DH just throws around these hurtful blanket statements and it pisses me off.

Either way I'm not taking her out to the high desert! And if DH doesn't like it he can go roll in some bus shut.

Oh, and Mitch, your last nursing made me tear up! So sweet.

:hugs: city - I hate how men don't think about the little things with the babies!! She's just a tiny baby and can't do things that we can do just yet. That's stupidly hot and would be so uncomfortable for her. It's completely understandable that you don't want to take her there.

I've had the same argument with my OH about taking O up to his parents place as it's over a 4 hour drive and O just wouldn't be able to do it with out it upsetting her just yet, we'd need to drive for an hour than stop for two just to settle her again. It would take us days to get there. Not all his family will come down though and apparently it's our fault they've not met her yet. When she's big enough to go on long car trips like that we will visit but my OH wont put her first in his head when it comes to it now. Tut, bloody men!

Mousey...it got a tiny bit hot over here (N's room was 26deg at night - yes, that is hot for us!!!) and he was FOUL. So grumpy, fussy, wanting to feed all the time as he was thirsty, it was not pleasant. So if I had a choice, I wouldn't be taking a little baby there either unless you could guarantee constant air-con.

Oh and I am vet so *theoretically* should be able to answer your greedy kitten question...but only do cow vetting and it seems a very long time ago since I last did cats...i could extrapolate from calves if that would help!????!!! :haha: Think they'd recommend to feed as per recommendations on the packet as you can certainly overfeed and keep the worming up to date (depends on the product as to the frequency) but as long as he/she is growing and the worming thing is sorted you'll be fine!!! How is kitten getting on with LO??!

Oh and L&L - we just did the huge in-law visit this weekend - 4hr drive, 2nights there...N was OK but it was pretty stressful and I'm very glad its done!!!

Right off to bed...hope you have an OK night Lozza!!! Positive sleepy vibes from here to Z!
xx

Crowned - I had looked at that Aveeno one but thought since it still said for 6 months and up that I shouldn't get it. I wish I had picked it up as it was on sale. Oh well.

The pool was too cold. Bad grandparents forgot to turn on the heater so we played in a little tub instead. Here is her in her bathing suit. I'm going to put better ones on FB later when I get home.

Attachments

• Hamilton%202-20120618-00557.jpg
    Hamilton%202-20120618-00557.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 8

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member