March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mouse a baby would get miserable in that heat, I'd avoid it personally. If you'll be inside with air-con then fine, otherwise its a bit much unless the baby is well acclimatised to hot weather.

Walua - He came from a family with 3 young girls and hasn't once tried to even smell O. he will sit with us on the floor and if she is asleep on me he then comes and sleeps on my lap or beside me or even on my shoulders (he has a thing about jumping on our backs and sleeping on our shoulders?). O will then kick him in the face and whack at him and he just ignores her! We've been so lucky with him, he came litter trained and everything. We'd spoken with the people we got he from about having a baby and she had agreed if he didn't get on with her or vis versa we're take him back to find another home.

right I;m gonna go to bed and get ready to be woken up again by OH dragging himself home at god knows when, though if he wakes O up he is sorting her out!!!!!
Fingers crossed the sleeping fairy makes lots of visits tonight!

EDIT Keira looks so adorable!!!

Emera - hope you feel better :hugs:

Mousey - Bus Shit :haha: agree though way to hot for a baby :winkwink:

How cute is Kiera in her swimming costume :kiss:

lads, i AM reading and keeping up - just struggling to post tongiht lol

skadi - amazing photo, sooooo cute
mitch - glad te switch to ff has gone smoothly hun :hugs:
emera - hope u feel better soon hunni :hugs: unsure if milk can be affected?
sambles - i woke up G when footy was on :cry: forgot he was asleep on my chest. I must have a man gene :haha:
rashy - bus shut.... :rofl: you make me laugh :rofl:
cuppie - your cake will be amazing, holy or not :winkwink:

G is spending first night in his big boy crib in his own room tonight..... doing well so far (8pm was bed time)... keep fingers crossed for me!

Off to baby rhymetime at 9am tomo, will get on here when home.

NIGHT LADS! XXX

How cute is Keira??? Love her swimsuit!

G is feeding right now with a stuffed up nostril and the sound makes me crazy!

OMG, Skadi! Seeing that cute swimsuit makes me want a girl! So sweet! All you mamas with your cute girlies need to stop posting pics pronto. I am definitely not having any more babies, so it's best for me to not even look. :haha:

Mouse- Bus shut need to be officially added to the March Mamas lexicon. As for your DH's comment... weren't you just telling us about your 9pm outings with G? Or does it only count if the outing involves some place where the temperature is just shy of hades? I cannot imagine voluntarily lugging a baby and all her stuff around in that kind of heat. Tell him to pick some place else.

L&L- Good luck not getting woken up by OH tonight.

Emera- I really hope you're feeling better soon. Get some rest. :sleep:

Alright. I'm off to bed soon. Keep your fingers crossed that last night does not repeat itself.

Hugs.

Bus shut!!!!!!! Ha!!!!!
WT hope u get a better night hun! :thumbup:
FT naughty man gene!
No dolly Parton here... Sob. And he fell asleep without a burp despite me hearing one fizz up during the feed. Conundrum. To wake or not to wake...that is the question...

X

Bus shut :haha: I agree, 42 is insanely hot, the sort of temp you hear about old people and babies really struggling in.

L&L - my parents are in Surrey so a 4 hour drive with traffic. We found it easy as z just slept the whole way with an hour in the middle for a feed, change and little stretch. The most peaceful 4 hours we'd had in fact!
Mitch & I are meeting in Guildford in August if that's near enough for you?!!

Put z down exhausted at 7 and had to resettle at 9.30 and 12.30 but he did then stay asleep til 2.30 so not bad. He only had 3 half hour naps today so looked awful. Tried everything to get him to sleep from 2-5 this afternoon but nothing worked!

Wt - hope you're having a better night!
Skadi - cute pic!
Waula - hope N went back down ok.
Laura - sorry N has the pox but at least it's out the way now and he's probably too young to scratch too much!
Emera - hope you feel better soon, keep fluids up!

Right that's all I can remember at 3am!!

Thanks WT (and everyone else)! My sisters best friend who was also one of Keira's NICU nurses got it for her (Along with a TON of other stuff... totally spoiled!). To be honest, I can't wait for a boy now because I keep seeing all these adorable rompers and outfits for boys. I assume once I have a boy they will all disappear and I'll have to dress him in crud.

morning!

rashy - g also has a snotty nose and the noise in unbearable.... wish i cud reach it,..... lol

awful night here. was up 2-5am which has never happened before. but i dont think it was due to being in nursery for first time. yesterday he slept loads and missed feeds - so i had to feed him twice in night...... think its as he didnt sleep sunday daytime due to christening.

so bk in nusery to do it again tonight.

off to baby rhymetime at 9..... its sunny here.... long may it last!

have a good morning everyone!

You sound very chirpy this morning FT seeing as you were up half the night!!! Hope you have fun at rhyme time xx
Well N woke up at 5am straining and heard an ominous rumble through the monitor but then he fell asleep so I did too (bad mummy!) and there was an almighty nappy this morning, through vest, bsbygro, sleeping bag, bedding... Oops! He seemed quite happy and got an extra bath!!!
X

Morning ladies

Nice to have the sun back ...

Mitch glad the change to ff has went well - lovely memory of your last feed. Im thinking of changing E over to being fully combi feed and stopping bf at 6mths. Im not 100% happy with BF and i constantly battle the pros and cons with myself so i may ask question towards the time if thats ok.

Waula - E did the same the other afternoon in her chair - she too got an extra bath

We are off to baby massage this morning and the to a little coastal town near us with E great granny. HV coming around tommorow to chat about how im feeling.

So jealous of you ladies meet up - boooo living up here ...

Mornings Lads,
O slept 8-4.30 this morning and then just put herself back to sleep with me just popping her dummy in, she then woke back up at 6 for a bottle but went straight back down again till 9, and so did mummy! Best night in ages! Plus OH was very good coming in last night, only trouble was his whispers were more like shouts as he couldn't hear anything from the gig. Didn't disturb O though.

oooohhhh O is on the floor an about to roll over (back to front) I wanna go push her that little bit of the way!
Nope she's given up! closest yet though.

FT sorry for the bad night sleep, surely it will mean an amazing one tonight though!?

Walua maybe he just did it for that extra bath? :rofl: at least it didn't bother him.

Lozza - Apparently Guildford is only an hour on the train. If you'd both have me i'd love to tag along?

riht better go save O from the ceiling who she is shouting at, not sure what it's done!?

morning all, bad night here, i was up 4 times in the night, R is a hungry boy. very tired now. i feel like we are regressing rather than moving towards sttn!

emera - yes lets organise the ikea meet but southampton is too far for me, its still 1hr 45 to get to Bristol! its just that bristol is the nearest. google tells me that southhampton is 3 hours away.

love the strawberry swimming costume skadi! R has a strawberry hat that would go very nicely lol

any pics of the kitten L&L?

Ft- sorry first night in the cot didnt go too well. i agree that if they dont feed properly during the day they 'catch up' at night. that is what happened to us i think. too busy shopping yesterday so R didnt get as many feeds or proper naps.

waula - dont just hate nappies like that?! at least you got extra sleep (i bet it was worth the clean up)

L&L sounds like a great night. plus lo rolling! well almost. R doesnt even try really.

its a super sunny day here which makes achange. going to take the dog for a nice long walk

yea Southampton is pretty far :(
I'm sorry R didn't have a good night, he'll get there though. :hugs:

i forgot to say before vitfa I'm glad your HV is coming over, just be very honest with her, she wont be shocked or think any less of you for how your feeling so really open up. Getting it all out will really help! I hope it all goes ok :hugs:

Super bad night here! I had to keep getting up to run to the loo, and then my temperature was up and down so I kept getting all shivery and then all sweaty! :( to top it off F decided to scream for an hour at midnight, most unlike her! Spent the rest of the night really unsettled, and I really didn't want to have her n the bed as i'm so unwell. Horrible!

Spoke to the doctor today he thinks I have gastric flu, yuck. I do actually feel like I'm dying! :( OH is being good and looking after the kds, and just bringing F through for feeds. I have to keep reminding him though as I can hear her screaming so I keep saying to bring her and he's like "oops I was trying to get you some rest" :dohh: thanks! But let's not starve the baby in the process eh?
Ergh, ok, going back to sleep, my head is banging.

Hope you are all well :hugs:

Crap nights all round I think. D decided that she had had enough sleep at 2.30. That was it!!!! Have spent most of today trying to soothe her as she is screaming is is so overtired, and letting her sleep on my chest. I can't put her down for a second and it's totally drained me.

Swimming lesson at 4. Fun, fun, fun :sad2:

Boooo for crap nights! ours wasn't as good as usual either...must be something in the air! J went down at 9.00pm and then woke up at 1.15am and then again at 5.30am....not bad but not as good as usual.

We've had a poonami today too! all the way through to his chair so I've had to wash it all and now he's got nothing to sit in...frustrating! he doesn't like sitting in the car seat and he get's bored under the gym :dohh:

Vitfa - hope the HV goes OK today :winkwink: I used to live not far from you by the way :winkwink:

I should really be tidying up but I can't be arsed :shrug: :blush:

Glow....poonami here today also....she was really straining so.when i.thougjt it was safe lifted her and it was part way down her leg bleeurgh. Think.hubby had put nappy on.a bit wonky this morning rubbish

Emera...hope you.feel better soon x x x

L&L....definately head up to meet us woooop. Lookibg like august 1st at moment. Hopefully ft might make the journey :happydance:

M kicking off...will be back

Loo....Happy 3 months D x x x M's birthday buddy x

Oh no! So sorry for the crap nights, lads. Especially Emera. :( I wish we could come help you out in some way. :hugs: :hugs:

Well, I sheepishly bring you news of our much better night. Instead of 4 feedings like the night before, I had a couple of Dollies! P pulled a Slack Dolly working the early shift (7:30-3:00) and K was an Overtime Dolly (7:45-5:00)!!!!

Glow- Please don't tidy up. It will make me feel bad. My rug is in such desperate need of vacuuming, and my bathroom really needs to be de-haired from all my shedding. :ignore:

A meet up isn't possible for us US lads as we all live so far apart. :( However, Kym, I will be in your neck of the woods (sort of) in October. We're going to a wedding on Martha's Vineyard. We'll fly into Boston. Are you anywhere near??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->