March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Happy 3 months M and D :cake: can you believe that our babies are already a quarter of a year old!!?

Emera :hugs: I hope your feeling a bit better this afternoon, glad your hubby is helping out though, even if poor F is being left a little hungry

sorry everyone's nights have been rubbish :(

Mitch I'm already getting excited about august now haha

O is asleep in her sling, so think i may try to get comfy on the sofa and sleep with her.

EDIT - wooo WT on a better night with the boys!! and i need to tidy/clean as well but it just isn't happening :ignore:

Perhaps I stole all your good nights, it's about time really. He slept 7-7 and only woke at 9.30, 12.30 2.15-3(fed), 4.15-5 (fed) then finally woke about 7.45! Whilst that looks awful that's actually our best night probably. The first 2 times we just had to soothe him and he only slept in my arms from 12-2 slot!

Osteopath again today, she worked on his gut again and jaw. I do think he's stopped making his clicky noise as much so might be doing something! She's recommended I avoid dairy on holiday... Bugger that!

He's not slept today though until I finally got him down at 1.45, lasted 45 mins then woke... 2 hrs after feed again!! Dropped off again now so I think I'll just hold him to sleep for a bit longer.

Loo - good luck swimming, overtired usually a disaster for is!
L&L - def join us! Weds 1st August for lunch, ft might come too! I seem to be on a mission to meet as many march mamas as possible! :haha:

i can't believe it - i dropped the baby!!!! he was lying on my lap and i leaned forward to pick up a cookie and he just rolled off onto the floor and onto his head. he screamed so i quickly whisked him up, i have never moved so fast, quickly checked him over - he is fine.

he is now comfort feeding. poor baby. i was umming and erring over going to a&e but decided that as he is feeding/responsive/smiling he is probably o and if he changes i will take him immediately.

i feel so awful.

M now thinking of having a kip on sofa:thumbup:...settling herself with a little thumb sucking. I have a really sore throat.so desperately trying to.stop a coughing fit and waking.her up

M still doing her 12 hour shifts overnight :happydance:

Lozza....great night for Z...cant wait to meet him....LOs are going to.be 4 1/2-5 months when we meet can.you believe it???

Vitfa....ask away about weaning her onto ff...i have managed it with minimal pain and disrupion...supply dropped off alot quicker than i was expecting so be prepared for that...but when you are ready let me know x

Baby massage this morning which is great but is 10-11am and M needs feeding aroud 10:30 so we sart off doing massagw then kicks off. Wanted to.try to avoid top ups with ff if possible...she is starving in the morning (obviously) she takes 7oz at 7:30am and 6oz around 10:30....slows down during the day though and goes longer.

Whats baby sensory like for those ladies doing it? Worth wjole? They are trying to get numbers up for a run of 6 sessions for £30....good value?

I'm so sorry, Cuppie!!! I'm sure R is fine. Be sure to give him extra cuddles. :flower:

Is it bad that I laughed out loud about the part of your reaching for a cookie? :rofl: Sounds like something I would do. :blush:

wt - i know that reaching for a cookie sounds ridiculous, plus it makes me sound like one of those hugely fat people that have to be craned out their house. it was one of mitch's delicious cookies. in fact it was the last one....

he is getting lots of extra cuddles. i dont think im going to get anything done this afternoon now

Cuppie, i've dropped F twice now! :blush: Oops, poor girl! Extra cuddles is definitely the order of the day!

By the way, if you want to know, things to look for with head trauma in little babies is, no crying at all, inconsolable crying, floppiness, loss of consciousness, inability to focus or track a moving object and severe vomiting. Other than that they are likely ok, they are surprisingly bouncy ;) Of course, ANYTHING that you are worried about with a bonk to the head you should get it checked asap, even if its not on that list, mother's intuition rules!

i dont understand why my ticker doesnt say 3 months as i calculate him being 12 weeks ie 3 months today

glad it wasnt only me who had a crap night

hugs to emera - it must be hard being ill with lo's to look after too. hope you're feeling a bit better this afternoon

thanks emera - what you have said is exactly what i thought anyway. phoned hub and he isnt worried either.

Cupcake....you can blame me if you like...sorry for the tasty cookies. Nit every month has exactly 4 weeks (actually only feb does) therefore although R is 12 weeks he is not necessarily 3 months. His birth date was 27th March yeah? So he will be 3 months on 27th june. M is 13 weeks and 1 day today...but 3months old today too.

I am sure R is fine...just loads of cuddles and keep an eye out for any problems x

Cupcake - I think the tickers work on actual months, 13 weeks being 3 months. Bit like 40wks vs 9 months thing again! Oops to dropping him, hope he's ok. One of my antenatal lot had hers roll off the bed hitting his head on the bedside table as he went. She said he bounced! She felt awful as she was doing her make up so felt like a bad mummy, took him to a&e just so she wouldnt worry and he was fine.

Wt- great night for the 2 dollies!!
Emera - hope you feel better soon :hugs:

Aw, Cupcake, sorry about the fall. They are very bouncy at this age!

Last night G ate around 8, then went into her swing at 9... I decided just to sleep on the couch near the swing instead of waking her at 11. Finally at 3:45 I woke her up and fed her and brought her to her bed. I just don't like her spending so much time in the swing. Though I must say it was lovely to snuggle with the dog on the couch! Just like the last 8 weeks of my pregnancy (only there's lots more room and I can actually move). But my boobs were like rocks!

Do you remember getting to that point in pregnancy when it seemed like nothing would ever be easy again, physically? I guess we traded that for nothing being easy, time-management-wise.

Do you remember getting to that point in pregnancy when it seemed like nothing would ever be easy again, physically? I guess we traded that for nothing being easy, time-management-wise.

Yep! And by the time mine are old enough to take care of themselves giving me more free time, I'll personally be so old that nothing is easy physically again. :dohh:

Loo - I saw this and thought of you:
377773_319064731459709_615498006_n.jpg

I've been trying to catch up but it's not going to happen. We're doing well, just busy.

Kymied - love that !!! When Noah was in hospital and I was expressing I dropped my milk a few times. I was so angry at myself !!

Emera - Hope you feel better soon.

Kym - That is hilarious! When I was in the hospital pumping I spilt it all the time but it wasn't as big of a deal as when it happens now. I guess the difference is a baby that can only stomach 6mls or even less every 4 hrs vs. a baby that NEEDS 5oz every 3!

See I've FINALLY caught up to what Eliott needs. It used to be I needed every half ounce for topping him off. Now I have over 30 ounces in the freezer. (Yay!)

I made Mitch's cookies (remember the preggo craze) but I cut some of the fat, replaced a lot of the sugar with stevia and switched to whole wheat flour. They are still delicious and really addicting. I can't stop! Save me from the cookies!

Sounds yummy, Kym. You should post your alternative recipe. I have been craving sweets like crazy, but I'm really trying to be good.

Yeah so today is not the best day for gardening. I'm dripping sweat! This garden is taking me forever to finish... But it looked over-run when we moved in. I finally just finished with digging up the last flower bed and now just need to get flowers to put in it. I'm going to take Keira for a walk today and I won't be surprised if we end up at the new starbucks near me. I think I deserve it between the hours of gardening today and the long walk I'm planning... Hopefully the starbucks doesn't fill in all the calories I've burnt off!

Hey lads

Sorry about the ultra sickness Emera, that's rotten. I hope you manage to get well and not effect anyone else!

Yay for Funky Loo in the booth singing tragic songs.

Bummer too for all the strangely awful nights for (mostly) everyone. Ours was good, 8-11 for dream feed, 11:30 to 5:30 (feed and change), 6-8.

Been staying with family as we had a funeral yesterday...my grandfather. E did beautifully all day, being carted off from the Midlands to Oxford and back along with lots of handling and little feeding.....or naps.

Tried out a wilkinet as an interim carrier which I had bought for peanuts on ebay. E hated it all the way down and back up. BIG MISTAKE. Gah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->