March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Ooh, love the cake Cuppie, its so cute! ;)

As soon as i'm feeling decent again, then yes, we have to do our meatball meet!! Actually a few little bits i need at Ikea now, so all the better :thumbup:

Right, muffin recipe again at Mitch's request!

Emera's virtuous veggie muffins.

Makes about 12 smaller muffins or 9 bigger ones (ish)

1 egg
200ml low fat natural yogurt
1 orange juice and zest
250g wholemeal flour
2 tsp baking powder
½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
pinch of salt
3 tsp mixed spice
2 medium carrots worth of grated veg (carrot, sweet potato, courgette, beetroot, and squash all work well so use what you have!!)
2 handfuls of dried fruit (I like sultanas, raisins, apricots and dates, but mixed fruit or figs are good!)
1 ripe mashed banana and 1-2 tbsp honey OR 4-5 tbsp honey (if you don't like banana!!)
Oats and Honey to sprinkle and drizzle on top
A bit of olive oil to grease the muffin tin

Whisk the egg, yogurt and orange juice together, then leave.

In another bowl mix the flour, bicarb, baking powder, salt and spice. Then mix in the dried fruit, grated veg and banana/honey. Spread the yogurt mix over the top and then fold together VERY gently until its all just about mixed together. Divide into the muffin tin, or cupcake cases, sprinkle a few oats (or some mixed seeds is nice too) and drizzle some honey over the top of each muffin, and bake at 180 degrees/gas mark 4 for 20-30 mins. Check at 20 mins though. Basically until a skewer comes out clean when you stab one!

FT - O is definitely teething, part of her gum looks like it's breaking open but still no tooth :(.

She can hold her self up now and everything she holds go into her mouth so we have discussed baby rice. When she hit's 4 month we will try it i think.

I hadn't actually finished that before i sent it (must be tired)

Emera poor you and Roh, I hope your both better soon! :hugs:

I;ve now forgot the rest :(

OH is (still) putting O to bed to give me a 'rest'.

Gorgeous cake cuppie and exciting about the banana boob milk!!!! Really looking forward to food :)

I don't know how Emera does it! We have friends visiting with a 2-year-old boy and he makes me so nervous around G! He wants to shake toys in her face, touch her, etc. and he doesn't speak English which adds another level of EEK to the whole thing!

Cuppie, that cake is lovely!

Thanks emera....thats fab. I have missed baking...need to.get back.on.it this weekend....hubby.can look after M :happydance:

I have to leave in 40 minutes and E hasn't eaten in two hours. We had a very lovely nap. Time to go out into the hot room for a diaper change wake up.

Gorgeous cake, Cuppie!!!

Mouse, how has your pup been around G? That's got to be a little bit like having a 2 year old. :haha:

I'm more than a little jealous of the NW lads meet up. When you take a pic, please leave plenty of the room to the sides so that FT can photoshop all of the rest of us in. :thumbup:

Mouse, i let Roh touch F and play around her etc. I just keep a very close eye what he's doing and correct him VERY firmly if he crosses the line and does anything that could hurt her or be dangerous. For example, he knows her head is NOT to be hit, kicked or otherwise touched in any way other than to stroke her hair. He knows she can't eat food or drink "proper" milk, because she hasn't got any teeth, and needs to have her milk from mummy. He knows he's not to take her toys away, or it will make her sad. :shrug: I have a friend who keeps her toddler and newborn totally seperated and won't let them near eachother, she's having real trouble with the toddler acting up now, and trying to hit the baby whenever she gets the chance. Sounds like the wrond way to do things to me. :shrug:
Of course, the way Roh learnt all the things above has involved F being hit over the head, kicked in the head / stomach, me having to fish raisins out of her mouth, and stop Roh feeding her orange squash and screaming because he's pulled her bunny and her plastic links out of her hands a dozen times! If he asks me to put her down, 50% of the time i will, and 50% i won't. So he understands sometimes she comes first, but that sometimes he gets his way too. Sometimes he isn't happy about the answer, but thats something he's learning to deal with. It's worth it though, because he's almost exclusively totally lovely towards her. He gets in to bed in the morning and gently gives her a kiss and strokes her head if she's asleep (he also knows that waking her up makes Mummy mad! :haha:) and a big hug if she's awake and he usually puts her mobile on for her and finds a teddy for her to cuddle. If she hasn't got a toy, he brings one and closes her hand around it, he jingles the toys on her play mat and tells her what they are, and if she's feeding he sits next to us and strokes her hair. :cloud9: He also plays peek-a-boo with her and makes her giggle, which is so cute it hurts!
Of course he's still learning, the other day he was playing round pretending to eat her hand and then bit her finger. She screamed like mad, and he instantly leap away and started crying saying "oh no, owie Freyrah!" and was very upset! He was desperate to kiss it better once she calmed down. He's a sweetie, i'm lucky :) I still don't leave them together for more than 30 secs or so, unless i really have to though, Roh might be sweet, but he's 2, so its a bit of a liability! :haha:

I'm pretty cautious with her around "untrained" toddlers though, they are by nature really clumsy and heavy-handed!

Cuppie - cake. Love it. :)
Wt- pur - lease ....As IF I'm sad enOugh to edit us in ... ;)

Sw ladies- which ikea would u meet in? Missed that convo and I want in!

Hate posting on stupid phone. Sorry for mistakes

Ok I wasn't going to ask due to gross topic... But is anyone else still suffering from piles? :( I am on and off :( its horrible. The itch :( sorry ... SO gross... But yOu lads are the only people I would tell LOL x

FT - Bristol Ikea for the meet. And yes, piles still on and off as well :( I don't think they ever really totally go away, they just flare up occasionally forever. They are a bit like varicose veins i think? Certainly i still had them between my pregnancies, but they generally didn't bother me after a while apart from the odd bad few days here and there. :shrug: Classy subjects are my specialty! :smug:

No idea how far Bristol Is from me, but I'm in anyway lol :)
Thanks emera... They are horrible. Hadn't bothered me till tonight grr.

So Portugal through in euros... Can't wait for our game! :)

Ft, it would be bristol I think... Yay!

No piles for me.

Cuppie, that cake is incredible!

My dinner... Veggie sausage, nut cutlets, chips, peas, followed by strawberries and blue berries... Now im having a tea with some carrot cake and Cadbury popcorn! Im such a fat ass!

Stupid BnB deleted my post.
Long story short, discovered I can put A face-forward in the Baby Bjorn today, and she LOVES it! It's going to be a life-saver as I can get things done AND hold the baby at the same time, and she loves it because she can look around and see things and kick her legs all she likes :D

A has been laughing in her sleep a couple of times, but hasn't laughed while awake yet. Any other babies giving genuine laughs yet?

Crowned, F does a funny giggle sort of noise, but its not like a proper baby laugh. Can't wait for those, they are so cool! :) She's definitely trying to laugh though, she only does it when she's smiling alot, and usually when i've laughed.

Hiya lads

Been reading the last few weeks but got loads on at home and not beeen feeling the best.

Emera - poor you!!! And Roh! Hope you both feel loads better soon xx

Hope all those with jabs soon go ok - A's were on Tues and she's been feeling v sorry for herself, poor gal. Very clingy and needed almost constant cuddles - she's usually so smiley and happy so it pulls at your heart-strings <3

City - hope the green poo/ citrus thang clears up soon!! X

Am also very envious of you lads meeting up...and not just 'cos of Waula's cheesecake...HONEST!!! Have a fabulous time and I look forward to the pic!!! And being photoshopped in, haha!! ;-)

Prob won't be able to come to the Bristol meet up either. Pah for living in the middle of country!!!!

Lozza - big YAY for Z sleeping!!! Xx

L&L - think A is teething too - everything is going in her mouth, drooling and pink cheeks! Let me know what those necklaces are like as tempted! Xx

Ft - hope you're enjoying the euro's! No pile pain here but had it late pregnancy so sympathies!! Xx

Sure there was loads more but brain failed. Doh

Night night and lots love xxxx

G laughs in sleep, but nOt a properrrr laugh when awake yet, more of a mild giggle. Seems tO do it on baby changer only... Must like feeling free hahaha!

Emera, that sounds right... No use trying to train this boy; he totally means well but is too little to know. Plus has grubby little boy hands, ecch! Never know where they've been, lol. So glad I told DH we wouldn't be going to Palm Springs with these people. (They are very nice but) after an hour and a half around them G was about to lose it from exhaustion. To say nothing of her mommy!

Kymied, trying to schedule feedings/outings is my least favorite thing... I always seem to be off!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->