March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

That cake is gorgeous Cupcake!

We had a terrible night last night, up every hour and a half to feed. She was obviously in pain from her gums. How do you know when the tooth is about to cut? She constantly has things in her mouth now and her gums are a vicious red and lots of drool and crying after feeds. I just want them to cut so she can be happy. :(

Found a pretty big wasp nest in our old window A/C unit that OH had been putting off taking to the dump. Great.

Crowned - Keira started laughing when she was about 3-4 months actual which is when that is supposed to start. It just started suddenly and she hasn't stopped since.

My gradndfather died 10 years ago today, can't believe he has been gone this long already. :(

NikNak - you're not far from me (Derb-Y) if you fancy a midlands meet up - I'm just gatecrashing the NW meet up!!!! :haha:

FT I hear you on the broken bottom/piles front. I have good days and bad days. Things have started to improve though, really trying with the whole fibre thing. rank :(

So...after gloating about N's remarkable 8hour stint...he's been up for 2 bloody feeds since 7pm and had 4 feeds between 4-7pm WTF! Ha. Serves me right for thinking we'd cracked it. :dohh:

Nos das lads... xxx

Okay be honest. Do you think I'm unreasonable to want my boys offered food at least every 4 hours even if they're not screaming for it?

I came home from work today and discovered both babies napping and neither had eaten in OVER FIVE hours! I checked the feeding log, and K had only eaten 13 ounces over the course of 12 hours! He's over 14 pounds now, and I know 13 ounces during the day is not going to sustain him. I immediately made a bottle and he gulped it down without coming up for air once. I feel so irritated. I admit that some of my irritation is selfish -- I know I will get much less sleep tonight as he'll have to catch up from all the calories he missed during the day. But I don't think it's wrong for me to want my baby to eat more of his daily calories during the daytime rather than at night! Grrrrr

WT, I think whatever you choose for your boys is perfectly reasonable. G can occasionally go five hours during the day (though not so much these days) but I would never want that to be part of her routine.

:hugs:

And Waula, sorry about your crazy night.

Crowned - no giggling here yet although he does do what looks like a silent giggle, a massive smile but it's not attached to laughter yet!y week by week book said from 13 weeks so hoping it appears any time!

Wt - if you've left instructions then yep, every righti to feel annoyed they're not being followed, esp if it means a crap night for you!

9-1 again tonight, then resettled til 2.45. He seems to be getting the hang of this sleep thing! (frantically touching wood). Just watch it all go wrong on holiday... He seems to be learning his routine at night too. Once I've bathed him and put into sleeping bag it's quicker to get him to sleep. I've noticed naps getting harder though, he seems to need the darkness now?

We have laughing here!! I love it :) his still not easy to get a laugh out of though! You do have to work for it!!

He also has started rolling from belly to back! Not all the time and seems to really surprise him when he does it lol! Bit cute!! I've noticed in the last week his also getting much better at lifting his legs up when his laying down. The osteopath told me its something that really needs praise as that's the first step for sitting so I'm pretty proud of that lol!

He's turning into such a little man now!! Really talks back when you talk to him and makes eye contact and smiles :) his certainly working out how to get what he wants too.. Completly perfected the 'my hearts breaking' cry lol..

Cupcake- loved the cake! Your very talented! (by the way I hope it was you who made the cake as I can't quite remember so if it wasn't whoever made it it's awesome!!)

Emera- hope yourself and roh feel better soon! I am a celiac and I ate wheat on Sunday and really really paid for it on Monday.. I honestly thought I might die!! Hubby came home from work early luckily and I was so glad to pass B over!!

Trying for number 2- well I didn't even consider the fact I should leave it a while because of the c section but we haven't really talked about it anyway.. I swore while pregnant I never wanted to do it again but I seem to have forgotten about that now lol!!

Ten past six!!

06.10!

TEN PAST SIX!!!

Ok, I'm aware it's a one off due to the jabs but that's fricking awesome!

Cuppie, great cake. Really lovely!

Waula & Scadi, sorry about the not so great night. Don't these babies realise that 2 nights of good sleep equals a pattern?? :haha:

6.10!

WT, I feed D every 3 ish hours so I totally get where you are coming from. I hope you are having an ok night :hugs:

Lozza, GO Z!

Oh and yay on the better sleep!!! B was doing really well and then went backwards.. I fully believe its teething.. His woken from a dead sleep screaming a couple times now.. Poor little things eyes are still closed and all :( I'm thinking of the change over to his cot soon.. I haven't done it yet because of pure laziness.. I don't fancy getting out of bed and having to go to another room even know its like 10 steps lol.. But I have to do it sooner or later!!

Oh and also I wanted to say.. I really don't mean this to offend anyone because everyone here are great mothers and know exactly what is best for thier baby's so please ignor this of you like but I have recently been looking into starting baby on solids and ive come across stories of babies getting sick from starting solids too early.. Young Babies bodies are simply not ready to digest normal food. Their is also research showing leaving it till six months can reduce food allergies.. Just wanted to share as I know their was talk about starting solids earlier on the thread..

Plus I'm waiting because I'm simply afraid of the more human poo!! Ha ha!!

Loo, that's ace!

WT, I'd be really pissed off in your shoes! First babies shouldn't have to scream to be fed! Second, why should you stay up all night feeding them when awake people can actually follow your instructions in the daytime? :growlmad: Grr, just because a baby isn't bawling doesn't mean they aren't ready for a feed! :dohh: I still feed F totally on demand, but I'd guess that's mostly every 2-3 hours on the whole. Unfortunately through the night with about those gaps too still though. :haha:

I have to share that Astrid slept the WHOLE night for the first time ever! 8pm - 7am! :shock: I'm so proud of my little girl!

Woo, go D!!!!!
Waula - maybe N was unsettled as he was overexcited about today? Sure he'll sleep better tonight having met his friends! Be careful in this rain driving! :hugs:

Eta - and go A!! Lucky you Laura!

I know what i forgot last night now

Love the cake Cuppie! amazing.

Morning lads!
A better night here, though not her best, woke up at 3 for cuddles and then at 5 for a bottle but wouldn't go back down, she finally feel back to sleep at 7 though and is still there.

Emera - i want a Roh, he sounds adorable around F, There's loads of kids in our family and i feel like I'm constantly saying 'no, stop, get away, she doesn't like it' to them. One of my cousins (whose 4) keeps stealing her bottle every time we put it down and drinking from it? Surely it doesn’t taste nice?

FT - piles, yep still got them here to, Like you some days are worse than others but I've come to terms with them always being there. I've had them on and off since Lily so i think Emera is right with them staying put :(

Baby laughs - we've had two real amazing laughs and my heart actually exploded and i wanted to cry, it just sounded so grown up and amazing, but she hasn't done any since and this was weeks ago. she just does the baby giggles now. I keep trying, though it was her daddy who got her to do it the first time.

Weaning - from everything i’ve read about it and spoken to people about it i think there are pro’s and con’s to starting early and late. Our Niece is allergic to everything bless her but she was weaned late not early, and from what i can work out you have the allergies there anyway whenever you start weaning but a lot of people say leaving it later means a babies immune system would be more mature enough to be able to cope with it but doesn’t stop the allergy it’s self. It is a huge decision to make though another one that is entirely down to the parent and baby and what is best us all individually.
We’ve said we would start when O is ready, and i honestly think she is now. She can basically sit up on her own and has full control of her head neck and upper body, and her hand and eye coordination is really good, she’s already started trying to grab food off our plates.
I spoke to OH about this last night and we have decided that we’re going to start with the baby rice at 4 months (so only a couple of weeks eek) as it has nothing to it nutritional wise, but just gets her used to spoons and eating solids, and we can see if she is still pushing everything out with her tongue. If she doesn’t seem ready though we won’t force her into it, then after a week or so, however long it takes her to be comfy with it all, we will start with little portions of food. Until 6 months it wont have anything to do with her getting any kind of benefits from the food other than to taste them and get used to eating, She’ll still be on her full amount of milk.
We’re also gonna do a bit of self weaning and try to have finger foods quite early on and leave some of what we’re feeding her in a bowl in front of her so she can just use her hands as well (or possible her own spoon) and we can see what way works best for her.

Saying all this we might find when it comes to it she’s not ready.

I wanted to head into town with O today but it has to be in the sling as she hates her pram and it looks really windy out but i can’t work out if it’s coming off the sea. O hates wind! :rofl: she blows bubbles when it’s windy bless her and i hate to see her all stiff and scared at it so i think i’ll give it a miss. Not sure what to do now.

Have fun today all you lads meeting! Lots of pics please!

Wow great nights Loo and Laura!

Well it seems official for us... Looks like we are back to sleepless nights! She also hasn't pood in a few days so I'm wondering if its a growth spurt coupled with the teething. She doesn't seem hungrier during the day though. Hmmm.

As for starting food... That is August for us when she is 5 months adjusted if her pediatrician gives the go ahead. Kinda sad to be starting that. I wish the teething would stop and that we didn't have to start food early. I don't want my baby to grow up at all! :(

WT - nope not unreasonable at all, and like rashy said - if thats what you want make sure you GET. :)

skadi - :hugs:

YAY or lots of good nights ladies!!! :dance:

northen lads.... enjoy today.... very jealous. Mummy and baby group shots demanded! ok ok.... please. :winkwink:

L&L - i think your right, when the baby says they are ready - then thats the best time. Im hoping for G is not untill 6months when we return from our holiday :haha:

Wudluv - you could never offend us and you raised valid good points :hugs:

so G went in crib at 8pm... slept 9pm till 7am..... :dance: he did stir at 3am and 5am but i just rubbed his head and gave him his soother. so still slightly broken sleep for me, but MUCH better.

Now of to baby club! :dance:

BTW - anyone else have hayfever?? ive had it awul last few days :( need a GP appt to see if there are any new drugs on prescription, nothing works for me over the counter. Even had the jab once - and that year i had it the worst!!! BOO! :(

L+L that tongue reflex s a biggie. If they still automatically push anything solid out of their mouths then they really aren't ready. Some babes lose that at around 3 months, most a fair bit later, like 5 months or so. There is a difference between the tongue reflex and spitting it out though, which they tend to do the first few times, I assume because its weird! :haha: All I'd say is a lot of babies hate the baby rice, so consider maybe some tasty pureed carrot or sweet potato or apple instead, on its own, or mixed with the baby rice. it will make it more fun and yummy for O, that baby rice is like wallpaper paste! :sick: if you doubt me, try some! :haha: yuck!!

I never really thought about the taste of the rice. hmmm may re think that. We're gonna buy all our fruit and veg for her from the farm shop so i might go there that week and see what looks the nicest to try her on. I think we thought carrot or sweet potato as first tastes so maybe we'll skip the rice.

FT Wooo on the nights sleep!! I don't get hay fever so i can't help :( never even heard of the injection for it :shrug:

Skadi Boo on the bad night. Hopefully she'll be back to normal soon :hugs:

wow some good nights sleep last night for lots of you. not for me, up 3 times. i went to bed about 9.30 last night as im shattered. not feeling to bad today.

l&L im taking the same approach to weaning, little tastes here and there but still full milk for now, i think R is nearly ready but nt quite yet (besides he is still a bit young yet)

NW lads... sent FB msg but slightly concerned N coming down with something... he was up 2-5am and is pretty snuffly this morning, no temp but v clingy and not feeding... :( don't want to infect everyone if it is something nasty but also I have an enormous cheesecake to serve 12 people...and I'm very much looking forward to seeing you all...:cry: what do we reckon??? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->