March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Mitch, :hugs: no worries hon - I wasn't judging you at all!! Just got a bit scared when you talked about researching it, as I didn't want it to be a big intimidating procedure for me and A. Good for you for researching and learning about things beforehand - M is only going to benefit from having a well-informed mama!

crowned - I found weaning pretty simple. I didn't buy any books because I'm tight lol but I just went with the flow. I started with a few basic veg and fruit purees and then started to give finger foods such as pepper, toast etc whenever we had them. I had no set meal times and if he didn't eat something then I didn't worry because he was still bf loads. I don't think we had a set 'routine' til he was about 10 months or so

l&l - I know what you mean about baby club etc. There are so many judgemental people that I don't really post there in case I get hounded. Everyone has a different way of parenting and there is no 'right' way

Wt...i.totally agree with you over the length of time between.feeding....they shouldnt be forced but at least be offered. Typically M wants a bottle every 3-3.5hours at the momrnt depending if its topping.up in the morning from long sleep or afternoon. Today she has had her immunisations and is sleeping a little more than usual...not excessive but went over an hour passed her 2nd morning feed and although they say you should never wake a sleepinng baby i.was just there when she stirred (otherwise she would go.back off)....and she drank 6oz bottle faster than i have ever seen:haha:...been awake for 2 hours and then crashed out again. I imagine she may want another bottle around 3 but if not will offer anyway.....i want to make sure she eats enough to.sleep.well again.tonight. If i can get 4 good bottles into her during her 11hours awake time thats good enough for me.

Vitfa....sorry about your rough night. Does E sleep during.the day much? Whats the time between.feeds? I know you are still bf'ing is she getting enough? My friends daughter is a bit of a lazy feeder and wadnt getting enough to.go.long time between feeds...she now expresses for last feed of night and gives about 150ml....this way she knows exactly.how muxch she is getting and it makes her go longer at night. Just an idea x x good luck for tonight

She is a cat napper 40mins top.
Im still feeding on demand during the day every Whours on average.

E is refusing bottles again as her last feed used to be a mixture of formula and ebm

X

Vitfa...not sure how frequently E feeding...it came out as W....is that 2?? Have you spoken to.the health visitor about it as she should not really be waking 7 times...thats unmanagable for you:cry:. Could it be wind and not need to.feed thats waking her? Have you tried gripe water? Infacol made a couple of babies on here...M incl....constipated.

My friends baby also started to refuse bottle...think she eventually took when she realised nothing else on offer....maybe a change in bottle/teats. Sorry if you have tried all this...i am no expert:kiss:

Teeth! We have spotted two canine teeth that have broken through completely now. So why is she still fussy? Poor girl!

Canine teeth? Really? Those are usually much later, and they usually don't come until after all the incisors. You need to tell little Keira to stop growing up so fast!

When I say "later" I mean DS1 didn't get his canines until 12 months and he was an early teether who had a full mouth of teeth by then.

Skadi they'll be the front teeth rather than canines, those are some of the last to come through. They are likely still sore if they just came through and also she could easily have more on the way, Roh's came through in batches of 4, 2 top 2 bottom over a couple of weeks then a break then a few more weeks teething etc.

Vitfa, I agree with Mitch that 7 wakings is a bit much, and is certainly from something other than hunger if its happening regularly. Could be wind or other discomfort or an inability to self-settle between sleep cycles. I'd adjust some thngs with the sleeping situation a bit at a time and see what helps. There are so many thngs you can try I won't even list them! Also go back to things you've tried before as things change. For example, F has been taking a dummy the last few days (hurrah!!) Where she's always refused it before. Just 'cos things fail once doesn't mean they always will ;)

I agree that the general parenting forums on here are a bit scary especially baby club, and the weaning forum used to be fine, but I guess it changed. The toddler and pre-school section is generally nice though. ;) I think the thing is some people have very strong views on how you (one) should parent. In fact I have very strong views on a lot of subjects, and weaning is actually one of them. I personally think that 3 months is not a ok time to wean, a decision I've come to through my own experience and research. But that means I wouldn't wean my children then, not that I'd judge someone else for doing so. They have their own way of doing things and their own opinions, and they are entitled to do as they see fit as parents without my judgement. As long as people are loving and nurturing towards their children and not harming and abusing them, then what right do I have to pass judgement? Jeez, I'd hate to have people judging my parenting! My Dad always tol me I should judge myself by my own standards and judge other people by theirs. Its what I've always tried to do in life, seems only fair. :shrug:

Hello, all!

Skadi, two teeth? Wow! Go, Keira! Hope she feels more comfy soon.

DH decided to go to Palm Springs with our friends, so G and I are alone for the weekend! First order of business... Bring the sewing machine to the living room, ha ha ha!

They look like they are too far back and the side to be any of the front teeth but it is hard to get a good look so who knows. They look like canines though. She is always covering her gums with her tongue when I try to take a look so the only chance is when she is screaming which I don't really want to let her do. Ill try and get a picture to see if you ladies can tell better. Also her mouth is too tiny for baby toothbrushes so do I just wipe down with a cloth?

Quite a good way to clean the first teeth is to wrap one layer of a clean muslin cloth (burp cloth I think you call it?) Around your finger and gently rub the teeth and gums, you might not want to do that until they are through more and hurting less, brushing teeth can really hurt them when they are teething. You could use a teeny bit of toothpaste too. Adult ones are fine for babies as long as they have less than 1000 ppm flouride in. And only use a teeny smear. Or you can get a baby toothpaste, which have a bit less flouride in. A lot of adult ones have too much for babies.
Teeth can emerge in funny places, and like you said Skadi, its not like they just open up and let you have a good look around! :haha: usually you'd expect the front bottom pair to come through first, but any of the front 8 teeth can come in any order. Maybe its the outer 2 incisors? I suppose it could be the canines, but like WT said, they tend to come later, Roh was 18 months and they were some of his last. They are quite big teeth, where the incisors are smaller so fit in their littler mouths ;).
Pretty exciting that teeth are arriving already, although the rate Keira's going she'll be crawling about in a couple of months! :shock:
Oh always meant to say how much I love her in her little bonnet in your signature Skadi, she's the cutest!! :)

Vitfa...not sure how frequently E feeding...it came out as W....is that 2?? Have you spoken to.the health visitor about it as she should not really be waking 7 times...thats unmanagable for you:cry:. Could it be wind and not need to.feed thats waking her? Have you tried gripe water? Infacol made a couple of babies on here...M incl....constipated.

My friends baby also started to refuse bottle...think she eventually took when she realised nothing else on offer....maybe a change in bottle/teats. Sorry if you have tried all this...i am no expert:kiss:

no mitch it helps honest .

Yea 2 hours during the day

I think she may be teething - not sure if you seen my post earlier but she has a white looking patch on her gum i thought it was an ulcer but its hard. Im putting it down as the cause for last night - got bongela and she had some calpol so hoping it will sooth her

We are going to try different bottle teat tommorow - i normally use TT with size 2 teat which she will take during the night but not during the day -

We tried for 40 mins tonight but i ended having to go in and feed her - felt terrible for getting her so upset

L x

Skadi they'll be the front teeth rather than canines, those are some of the last to come through. They are likely still sore if they just came through and also she could easily have more on the way, Roh's came through in batches of 4, 2 top 2 bottom over a couple of weeks then a break then a few more weeks teething etc.

Vitfa, I agree with Mitch that 7 wakings is a bit much, and is certainly from something other than hunger if its happening regularly. Could be wind or other discomfort or an inability to self-settle between sleep cycles. I'd adjust some thngs with the sleeping situation a bit at a time and see what helps. There are so many thngs you can try I won't even list them! Also go back to things you've tried before as things change. For example, F has been taking a dummy the last few days (hurrah!!) Where she's always refused it before. Just 'cos things fail once doesn't mean they always will ;)

I agree that the general parenting forums on here are a bit scary especially baby club, and the weaning forum used to be fine, but I guess it changed. The toddler and pre-school section is generally nice though. ;) I think the thing is some people have very strong views on how you (one) should parent. In fact I have very strong views on a lot of subjects, and weaning is actually one of them. I personally think that 3 months is not a ok time to wean, a decision I've come to through my own experience and research. But that means I wouldn't wean my children then, not that I'd judge someone else for doing so. They have their own way of doing things and their own opinions, and they are entitled to do as they see fit as parents without my judgement. As long as people are loving and nurturing towards their children and not harming and abusing them, then what right do I have to pass judgement? Jeez, I'd hate to have people judging my parenting! My Dad always tol me I should judge myself by my own standards and judge other people by theirs. Its what I've always tried to do in life, seems only fair. :shrug:

Thanks Emera

If you wouldnt mind could you pm me some ideas, ive no idea where to start and would really help.
Im perseverancing with the dummy but she just chews - i do offer it daily on more than one occasion.

If she has white patch on her gum - could this be causing discomfort???

Its been at least a few weeks since she has been up this much

Also should this stage be more predictable with there waking routine at night as Es isnt

L x

Vitfa, teething could totally disturb E's sleep! What you are describing, that she sleeps for 40 mins max makes me think that some sort of discomfort is waking her, or something in her environment is stopping her from settling down when she gets to the end of a sleep cycle (babies sleep cycles are about 40 mins). It could be wind, in which case you could try tummy massage, or cycling her legs or winding more before putting her to sleep. If her cot isn't at a slight angle, or she's not sleeping on a wedge, you could try that so that she's not sleeping flat, or (shock horror) you could see if she's more comfortable on her side or on her front. If she's disturbing herself, you could try swaddling her, or you could try taking it off if she's already swaddled. You could try making sure the room is totally dark (cardboard and masking tape work great!) and then play radio static in the room so there is literally no input visual or audio that could disturb her, and see if that helps. Also try a drop of calpol, to see if its her teeth causing pain, i'd probably try that first, seeing as she seems to have a tooth cutting ;) F likes havving her tummy rubbed to help her to sleep, Roh used to like having his back stroked, so you could try that when she starts stirring to settle her back, or anything like that, they are all different so like different things. You could also try getting a teether dummy (they definitely do them in the bigger boots stores) if she's chewing on dummies rather than sucking. :shrug: Those are all things i'd try off the top of my head. Don't change too much at once though or you won't know what works ;) I'm sure i could come up with more things, so when i think of them i'll let you know ;)

Sorry, typing loads on here because my voice is totally gone and i can't talk! I'm a chatterbox (no, really?! :haha:) so this is not a good situation for me!! :wacko: Especially seeing as i am feeling a bit better today!

Vitfa - z has no predicable routine night and day but the last 5 days I've noticed a real improvement as he heads towards the magical 3 month milestone this weekend. Maybe E will be there next week! :hugs:

What a lovely day, Waula & N are both gorgeous, E is really pretty, D behaved dreamily (as usual when we see her) and glow looks amazing! Te cheesecake was fantastic!

I've managed to have a quick Chinese takeaway with coconut m&ms for pudding! Dropped DH off in town about 7 so z fell asleep in the car and for the first time ever I managed I successfully transfer him into the cot where he's been for the last hour so I could eat. Bliss. But he hardly fed after his bath so his last proper feed was 3.30 / I'm not expecting him to stay down long!

gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

wrote a whole post on rverything thats being chatted about and then the net crashed BOOOOOOOO! i dont hv time to write it again :nope:

anyway - hope you NW lads had a smashing time :winkwink:

....and Vitfa.... i REALLY hope tonight is the night for you hunni :hugs:

hey! no fair Loo!

Where is a photo of you lads?? not that the babies arent lovely (which they are) but i believe i DEMANDED ( :haha: ) a photo of you mamas too :rofl:

GAH ladies whose babies go to sleep before 7:30pm.... do you all hv black out curtains? G wont go down before 8:30pm which means he is currently still grizzling :dohh:

FT, i have curtains and then black out blinds behind them. T goes down between 7 and 9 (usually closer to 7 but he's been waking up soooo much in the night i thought i'd delay it a bit today)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->