March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Wow, happy 4 months K & P!

Loo - Hope you are asleep by now!

Question... because I don't know when she is supposed to be doing things and I'm curious where she is developmentally. We play the sitting up game... so I lay her down and pull her into a sitting position and she loves this game. For the last two days when I play this as soon as she gets into the sitting position if I slightly tug up on her hands she jumps up and stands! I'm in no way pulling her into the standing position. Are any other LOs doing this?

Fussy night here. Green poos this afternoon and evening. Possible culprits: ketchup? I doubt it was the fancy uncured chicken hot dogs or the potatoes. Maybe my half-caf coffee? Or a combo of acidic stuff? Who knows.

Was being barked at by the dog and cried at by the baby and said, "I can't fight you both," then told DH if he knew what it was from I'd rub his back for an hour... and he guessed right, damn it! :rofl: (it's Gone With the Wind) I was like, I take it back. :haha:

Talked to my mom today. She's pretty much set on moving back to her hometown, where 6 of her 9 siblings live. Maybe even renting her parents' house since they've both now passed away. I'm glad for her but here come the dollar signs! Though I love the idea of going to see her and getting to see my aunts and uncles and cousins. Plus I think she'll feel so much happier around family.

I know that's not relevant but it's been on my mind all day!

Oh, we have laughter here! Not peals but shy giggles. :cloud9: It still blows my mind on a regular basis that I have a baby.

Hmmm...just tried the TT electric pump. 15mins later...3oz and boob still rock hard and stopped flowing, tried massaging/walking fingers around and nada. Think my boobs are used to N and it seems very different!!! Not that impressed :growlmad: Oh well, enough that N can remember what a bottle is all about :haha:

Morning lads,

Hope everyones weekend was good?

TV – we have it on in the background sometimes and will sometimes watch childrens tv together as it helps calm her down to have a bottle, i generally just sing along with them to her which makes her giggle. If she wont be left alone and i need a wee i will lay her on the floor with the telly on so she can hear it. I wouldn’t ever sit her in front of it all day but don’t think small doses of it do any harm.

Mitch with bottle teats we’re using tommy tipee so I’m not sure on Avent sizing but we moved to 3 month+ at 2 and a half months. Maybe buy 1 teat in a bigger size just to see how she gets on with it, O did spit and dribble loads for the first week of moving her up but was then much better, A lot of people gave me different advise about this so it sounds as if every baby prefers something different?

Walua any signs of spots? I hope he doesn’t get ill, but in a way it could be good to get it over with while he’s still young?

WT you have definitely put me to shame with your massive housework list AND TWO BABIES! I really should do more.
And happy 4 months K+P. WOW can’t believe how quickly our babies are growing.

Kym, O likes to gum us, our fingers mainly, she really attacks them, Most toys are to big for her though, like Lozza said i’ve invested in a teething necklace to wear for O to hopefully chew on, but they were out of stock of the one i wanted so i haven’t got it yet, should be here by Wednesday so i will let you know if it is any good. You can also get bangles, the site is https://www.gumigem.co.uk/ourshop/
And you can buy teething dummies like https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tommee-Tip...P4S8/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1340610723&sr=8-2 though i don’t know if they work.

Cuppie, I’m glad the christening went so well :)

Skadi – O does this now to. She can stand if i hold her hands from sitting and can carry on standing up while holding my hands for however long she likes. It means we can't wind her sitting on our laps any more and she just stands up. She’s been doing it for a few weeks now i took a picture yesterday so i’ll pop it up.

As for us, I think THINK we had 5 inches of crawling yesterday, it was head crawling, but her legs came up and under her and pushed herself forward, but she loses her balance on her arms and just face plants and moves with her head dragging across the floor. So cute!
We also now have real laughter all the time, I found the on switch it would seem and she does it all the time now. I really don’t see her as a little baby anymore :( she’s growing up so much

Attachments

• IMG_1722.jpg
    IMG_1722.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1721.jpg
    IMG_1721.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 7
gorgeous pics of O L&L! defo growing too fast....

cuppie- i thought of u yesterday, pics please! so glad it was lovely xxxx

skadi - i cant help as dont do that game hun x

mitch - we use TT bottles and ive only justy got size 2s... go with ur gut hunni x

hope all u lads had a super weekend!

G has jabs today. rubbish.

also im starting zumba on monday nights as well as thursdays now as REALLLLY need to start looking after myself lol. i swear ive had chocolate for breaky every day last week haha x

two lots of zumba will definitely make chocolate for breakfast fine!

Morning all!!!!

Yeah skadi and L&L...los doing really well x M can hold herself standing but i hold her under the arms...too worried to let go :haha:

Busy week for us.....today dead quiet though...very boring. Will pop into town and get her passport photos done at Jessops...they charge £10 for 6 but at least they'll be right. Tomorrow is baby massage and lunch with a work.friend,Wed soft play and walk with nct girls, Thurs off to meet SW laddies wooooop then Fri another lunch with a friend. Suppose i.should be glad todays quiet

M having her second nap of the morning:happydance:...that girl loooovvves sleep

ft....feel guilty about my lack of exercise...need to join.up to.gym...as M is in.bed by 6:30 ish i.could pop along...just tired really....actuallt probably just lazy:blush:. Worried now i.hae stopped bf my weights going to.crawl up....rubbish! Another 3-4 lbs only to lose but need to.tone up.

Ladies....arent size 2 teats in TT for 3 months onwards? Avent size 3 also for 3 months.

M does dribble a little more...depends which bottle of the day but i think.she will get used to.them

ok so i have puke on my face, in my hair and in my mouth. definitely played attack with kisses at the wrong time

mitch, yep size 2 is for 3 months plus, but they do come in 3 different flows per size, slow flow, mid flow and vari flow. We never used slow flow and went straight to mid flow.

my hair is covered :cry:

EDIT Also just found sick in my ear, lovely

l&l lovely photos, gross on the sick - aka vomcano!

no pics of christening yet, bit disappointed as we have no nice photos of us and R. i dont know why my sister zoomed in so much but all the photos are just of our heads, you cant even tell it is a christening. got some nice ones of the water pouring part but as they have got other people in i would rather not post them. i think my mum might have some better photos so you will have to wait!

excited for the bristol meet!

Cupcake....i was saying to hubby yesterday that we have been great at taking photos of M pretty much everyday but have hardly any photos of me with her. Have some of him doing airplanes with her...watching the footy...sleeping etc but none with me :cry:. Have a professional session booked for August but want so casual ones taken to. Must give hubby a kick but i hate having my photo taken and when there is a photo opportunity guaranteed i look a state, no makeup etc and stop him:haha:

L&L....yucky for vom. M puked in my hair in the queue in the ceramics cafe the other week ...it was a beautful thing

I can pretty much set my watch by Ms naps these days...she is awake and time for feed:happydance:

Cupcake...very excited about meeting up....hope M is on her best behaviour:winkwink:

Cuppie fingers crossed your mum got some nice ones.

Mitch I'm like you, haven taken thousands of O and loads of O and her dad but there was 3 of me and her in hospital, one with my boob out as i'm feeding her (thanks to my aunt) I love the photo as both my OH and i look sooo happy but i can't show anyone else and one where i'm being stitched up so i obviously look amazing, and then 2 since then. I just hate pictures of me
And woop on M's routine, she's such a good girl with all of that, she needs to teach O about how this works. we're on our second nap of the day already :shrug: not sure why, she was up at half 5, then asleep at 8-10 and then asleep again at 11? She'll then be awake all afternoon and will wont to nap again right before bath time. :nope:

EDIT and there best not be cheesecake in Bristol!

mitch and l&L we are the same, loads of photos of hub and baby but hardly any of me and baby. we do make a conscious effort to try though. trouble is im the one who usually takes the photos too.

it also annoys me that im better at taking photos then hub, eg i will look at what is in the background, proportion etc plus getting on R's level (in hubs photos he always has the perspective all distorted)

good idea on the professional shoot, i want to do that when R is about 6 months old. how did you find a studio?

(ps i dont think there will be cheesecake but there will def be meatballs and chips!)

Only on for a minute, so I'll read back later.

K is such a cheeky baby. Last night he wet everywhere. His pjs, his bed, his blankie. Everything. So I had to get him out of bed to change him, but didn't really feel like changing his whole bed. So I just brought him to bed with me. Right as I laid him down to sleep, he gave me this HUuuUUUUUge grin as if this was his plan all along. "Awesome! It worked!!"

L&L & Skadi - Girls typically develop faster than boys. (No surprise to any of us, I'm sure. ;) ) But you two need to watch out! You're girls are going to be on the move and causing TROUBLE in no time at all! :haha: Seriously! K is still working to hold his dang head up. Glowie says none of her kids ended up as wobbly headed teens, but K might be a first. :haha:

Skadi, A has been doing that for a long time, but even the dr was surprised at how strong her legs were at 4 weeks (could already hold herself standing if you pulled her up), so she learned how to get to standing very quickly from sitting. I think most babies start doing it right around now. I remember you talking about Keira in her Bumbo seat a while back. Just got one for A this weekend, and it's amazing!!!!!

A does this funny thing where if she is lying down and you give her a finger to hold onto, she does crunches or half-sit-ups, trying to get to a sitting position so that she can go from that to standing. She's such a goof. No laughter yet though. I keep trying. OH, and she rolled over yesterday from back to front! No more leaving baby on the sofa now!!

Sounds like K knows how to get what he wants already WT! Your boys are so cute though i'd let them get away with anything!

Crowned :happydance: woo for rolling!! Your gonna needs eyes in the back of your head soon. O can roll the other way but part of me is dreading back to front!
Gonna make nappy changing interesting for you crowned :rofl:

Sorry about the sick face l&l!!!!
Cupcake yay for good christening and angelic child!!! X
Ft I'm with you on the breakfast naughtiness. Healthy breakfasts are rubbish. I'd like bacon butties every morning thank you please. Hope jabs go ok. X
Loo :haha: at your morning shower/karaoke session. Funny!
WT glad Ks got you wrapped round his finger!!! :baby: not long to go before DH is back!
Mitch hope the bigger teat goes ok for M, she used to bf very fast do maybe a bigger one would suit her?!
Well after expressing this morning to take with us swimming...I forgot my swimming stuff so drove 35mins for nothing and then N took the bottle and vom'd it all up so is having boob and keeps grinning at me. Think we might go back to bed and start again!!!! :dohh:
X

G's new thing is a vendetta against eyewear. She plucked dh's glasses right off his face earlier and has gotten mine in a death grip not once but twice in a 6-hour period. Time to go back to wearing contacts, maybe?

Okay, she's sleeping, back to bed for me!

Amazing how big they're all getting, and WT, loling at your crafty little guy!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->