March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

sounds like N knows how to get what he wants as well Waula :rofl: He wants boob rather than bottle! Sorry on the pooey morning though. hope this afternoon is better.

Oh and standing/rolling???! Ha! No. N prefers for me to move him. He's slightly improving with his head but I think his head/shoulders are way to wide for him to move. Definitely slug like here!!! X

Emera hope F is ok today xx

L&L, you're right about the changing! I hadn't thought of that... She only did it once, so it might be a little while before she's doing it consistently, but oh my, I'm going to have to hang on tight to her when she's on the changetable now!
She actually hasn't rolled from tummy to back, but that might be because she doesn't get a lot of tummy time. I try every day, but she HATES it and starts yelling at me about it pretty quickly.

no rolling here but he does love to 'stand up' holding my hands. also sitting holding my hands.

feeling a bit lazy this afternoon, got loads to do but can't really be bothered. got a busy week ahead too...

N loves the row row row your boat game which I suppose requires a small amount of head/neck control!!!

size 4 nappies? what brand??

Was going to go get O weighed today but can't find her red book anywhere so we're not gonna make it today. I hate it when my OH tidies up. I knew exactly where it was and now have no idea and it is no where any sane person would put it.

g cant roll yet etc, but all in good time i guess lol

ah boo- i feel like the only uk mama not involved in a meet up :(

jabs at 2.20pm....... gah.

edit to add- what a miserable post. lol.

L&L have used huggies up to now but tried a size 4 pampers and they seem v comfy... I'm bad, I buy a huge box of nappies and then have to use them up... His legs weren't quite turning blue :haha:

Ft upcoming jabs = rubbish... No lads near you at all??? Boo. Where are you again?? X

Eta ft you're about 70 miles from me... Map says 80mins... Could always meet half way?!?! X

Mitch/Cuppie- Men are the worst picture takers! My DH does the same thing where he distorts the pic by not getting down on our level. He also stands too far away so that the background is way too busy, and he has no consideration for which angles look better than others. The worst is when he takes a picture of me while I'm sitting and he's standing! (My hips may be that wide, but I don't need a picture to remind me of it for all time!) So here's my TIP: Use the webcam on your computer. The quality isn't great, but the boys love getting to see themselves (and me) on the screen while I take the picture.

Mouse- Just saw the Gone With the Wind quote. You shouldn't be surprised your DH knew it. Didn't you say he's from ATL? I think they teach that movie as a part of their History classes. :rofl:

Waula- Size 4?!?!? My boys are FOUR MONTHS old, and we're just now ready for size 2s. They'll continue wearing the size 1s until we finish the pack though.

FT- Good luck with the jabs today. How often do your little lads get shots? Maybe it's just my perception since there are so many more of you than there are of us, but it seems the UK schedule for vaccinations is more frequent than the US schedule. The boys had shots at 2 months, and then they'll have their next round at their 4 month appointment on Wednesday.

WT i think we have just the three sets at this age but then more at 12 months or something like that? each set are 4 weeks apart, We've got our third lot next week and that's 3 injections instead of 2 :(.

Waula we're in size 3 pampers with plenty of room! aren't size 3 meant to go up to 20lb??? You have one gorgeous chunk of a baby!!

FT hope the jabs go ok!
I'm useless to offer a meet up as I'm so far away down here but if your ever down south or I'm further up will have a bloody meatball cheesecake!

I am not goingto remember everything and i was only gone a couple of.hours

Wt and waula...sounds like your boys are good at getting what they want :haha:

Ft....second load of jabs for M were ok...the usual screaming ...the meningicoccal one stings...i knew which that was immediately. She was fine....a little hot that evening so we gave calpol that night....she just seemed to.sleep more over the next 48 hours and just seemed a bit sorry for herself is the only way i.can describe.

M isnt rolling completely yet and hates tummy time too Crowned....just did a bit. She sort of tolerates the tummy time bolster thing which i drape her over but gets annoyed on the floor. When we do her evening naked time i lay her front down on my chest (i have clothes on) for a while...she lifts her head fine and has only caught me with pee once:haha:. She rolls onto her side alot and has just done that on playmat and rotated herself 180 degrees bless.

UK ladies just been into town and got Ms passport photos done...Jessops were brilliant and quick before M got grumpy...cute pics if a bit.double chinned :haha:. Also BHS has a sale on and i got a cute little dress for a wedding in August...a set of 3 long sleeves t shirts.and 2 short sleeved ones for £24....bargain. dress is soooooo cute!!!

I hear you all about photos of me and M....perhaps i will make an effort on Thursday and get one of you laddies on our meet to take a couple of shots:happydance:

FT...dont forget about 1st August if you can make Guildford...me, Lozza and L&L up for a meet....and anyone else? You are not.far from me too....probably only an hour or so i guess.

Can i suggest a large villa holiday for all mamas next year :haha:....Florida maybe. Be nice wouldnt it....we can dream

Mitch- Yes to the holiday in Florida!!!!!!!! I'm *only* 8 hours from Orlando. We could have a Disney vacay!

Mitch- Yes to the holiday in Florida!!!!!!!! I'm *only* 8 hours from Orlando. We could have a Disney vacay!

Blimey....about the same as me flight time:haha:....we just need to.find someone with a 15 bedroom villa aaaaaah......for free maybe:winkwink:

Anyone elses LO napping alot at the moment!!?? I put it down to jabs on Friday but she has been again today.

8:15-9am....then 10:30-11am....then napped for another 45 minutes around shops...then.asleep now hmmmm. Wrong time for nap now as she wont fit another inbl before bed and will be overtired ooopsie. Is just alot for her usually.

L&L....how many feeds a day you giving O now and what volumes?

I'm 20 hours driving away from Orlando:dohh:

A has started vomiting a LOT over the last two days. Can reflux start randomly? She seems healthy otherwise...

yes Yes Yes I'm all up for Guildford.

We've had a bad couple of days with bottles, we have 6 bottles a day but with 3 of the bottles ( about 5.30am 11am and 4.30) she only drinks 4oz :( the other 3 (at about 8am 2pm and 7.30pm) she drinks 6oz
We've had loads of naps as well, today we've had 8-10 and then 11-12.30 (i had to wake her up here) and O is now sleepy again :shrug:

A holiday to Florida sounds good to me!

crowned I'm not sure about reflux but sorry A's been so sick :(

saying about O having less food but more naps i forgot to say that she slept 8-5.3o last night without waken up at all so i'm not sure whats going on

Waula, I've got some size 2 disposable nappies that I thought I could use up on F before she grew outt of them. :rofl: yeah right! They were like hipster low-rise string knickers! :rofl: Roh now has them for his teddies. I love that the reusables last for 6 months and then 6 months to potty (ish). Its so much less thinking. It does however mean I have about 2 months to potty train Roh or I'll be short of bigger nappies. :wacko: Might have to go with terry cloths :(

Crowned, they can have ranom sicky periods. Talk to the docs if it lasts more than a week or two. Only things to really worry about with babies is epic sickness that won't go away, green blood-flecked poo, and no wet nappies. Other than that its all within the range of "normal".
When we all go to this villa, can we take some childcare with us? You do realise we'll have 16+ 14-16 month olds all in one house?!? :argh: Can I send the kids with y'all and I'll stay home? :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->