March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Quick.question.for bottle feeding ladies...what size teatsyou.using? We have avent bottles....M currently in size 2...meant to be from one month old and she quickly.moved onto.those from size 1's when.she first moved to.ff. She handles.2's fine but a couple of feeds last couple of days she has gor a bit ratty halfway through, pulled her head back.just seemed a bit frustrated really. Its not like with.2's she doesnt finish a bottle fairly quickly.....6oz can.be cleared in 15 mins or so..... They say size 3's from 3 nonths whoch fits with.her age but as shes only been.exclusive ff for 6 days i.didnt want to 'drown' her in milk

Hi lads :hi:

Love the pics on FB of our meet up - was lovely to meet all you NW lads...:hugs: and D was an ANGEL (thanks for hosting Loo!! And your house is lovely :)) but my journey after was a NIGHTMARE. Took me 3hrs to do 50miles and N screamed whenever the traffic was stationary (got stuck on M6 for 40mins...i was very tempted just to pull out the boob in the car :dohh:) I was FRAZZLED by the time I got to my SIL :( but a large glass of wine sorted me out...

Emera - sorry F has gotten ill :hugs: and hope today hasn't been too tough re: your bro... how's your hair going??

Lozza - good luck with the packing, hope you have a fab time!!! x

MsC - did you make the train? Edith is gorgeous... I tried your BFing position...N not keep so back to the biceps work out! Ha!!!

Recipe...ok here goes...serves 12...23cm springform tin
3oz ginger nut biscuits, 3oz digestives smashed up, add to 3oz melted butter and press into tin. Melt 500g (yep, half a KILO!!! :haha:) white chocolate in bowl over pan of simmering hot water with 2oz butter and half vanilla pod split length ways stirring all the time, leave to cool. Mix 500g (full fat :haha:) soft cheese with 175ml whipping cream (did I say it was dairy free oops!!! sorry Lozza :blush:) and 2oz caster sugar until smooth. Add cheese to cooled choc mixture until smooth then very gently add in 250g raspberries being careful not to mush them (I added in blueberries too...) and spoon over base. Leave to set in fridge for 8-12hrs then add more fruit on top when its time to eat it. Oh and enjoy licking the bowl and spoon!!!! :munch: now it *supposedly* serves 12... ENJOY x

Cuppie hope your prep for tomorrow is going well xx

Lauracilli - you got your christening tomorrow too??? hope it goes well xxx

AFM been over at my Bro's and my little nephew has just erupted with chicken pox and we've spent the past 24 hours with them. Supposedly it takes just 15mins in the same room to get infected so there's no hope for N!!!!!!!!!!! Gah. That is NOT what I need... anyone know if breast milk is protective as I've had it before... wishful thinking perhaps.

Re TV - haven't had one for 3 yrs, just got one... we don't have it on in the daytime so he's not really noticed it yet. I grew up without a telly - don't really like them and certainly don't like the mouth open gape that can come with them...but then everything in moderation!!!

Right...off to bed, hope there's some good nights for us all, I'm bloody knackered. Had 7 hours sleep in past 48 :( :sleep:

Waula : my Noah has chicken pox at the moment. The younger they get itthw more mild they should have it. He has very few spots but the virus has knocked him for six a little bit. But then I think he's not as strong as other babies as he was on scbu for the first few weeks of his life. Hope your Noah copes well if it does appear. Xx

Thanks Laura... I just remember getting it when I was 12 and I was REALLY ill but hopefully if he gets it mildly then at least we can get it out of the way!!! Hope your Noah gets over it quickly!!! Calpol and calamine at the ready :haha: :thumbup:

Waula - 3 hours to do 50 miles??? :shock: Thats awful!

Laura and Cupcake, have fantastic days tomorrow :hugs:

The olympic torch comes past the end of my road tomorrow which is exciting. The only thing is that it happens about 8.20am :shock: I know we really ought to make the effort, but that is SO early to get all 3 of us dressed and out of the house. Hmmmmmm. We will see!

Waula, keeping my fingers crossed that N doesn't get the pox. I've never had them, so I'm assuming I could be immune to them. FX D is too!

Do you have the chicken pox vaccine in the UK?

(Obviously know your babies won't have had it yet but curious.)

I am craving a diet coke so badly! Ugh!

Mouse, no vaccine here.

Waula, eesh quite a high chance to catch it they are most infectious 48 hours before spots appear until they scab over, so you and N are definitely in the window there. If you don't have it after 21 days then you should be safe. Babies get it quite mild generally if they get it before 6 months, but only problem with that is they are more likely to get it again later in childhood. Best thing about getting it this age, they can't really scratch, so the spots shouldn't get infected.

Really like my hair!! :). Just chilling watching some Stargate with F as she woke up early :). She's all snuggly! :D

Mouse - no vaccine, just anyone with a child tries to make them catch it as early on as possible as once youve had it you're immune for life. So chicken pox parties apparently take place!

Real struggle to get z down again tonight so I am seriously wondering if reintroducing dairy did have an impact. So gutted if it did, I could have had a nice relaxing holiday
Catching uP on sleep but now it looks like that probably wont happen.

Waula - was going to ask how you got on as suspected it would be bad, but not that bad! Next time we won't meet on a Friday afternoon!

8:44:

2 loads of laundry washed, dried and folded.
Grocery shopping done.
2 of 3 bathrooms cleaned (ish).
All trash bins emptied.
Bottles washed and ready for tomorrow.
2 babies snoring in their beds.

Bliss.

(Let's not talk about all the things I didn't do.)

Jeez, WT! Overachieve much?

I hauled the sewing machine upstairs and have been working on a scrappy quilt... It may end up being horrifically ugly, I'll report back.

Mouse - We just got our dog a thunder vest. She was wearing it when she ate the door knob. Either we're not doing something right or it doesn't work. We'll give is a bit more of a chance but we may have wasted $40. We call her Thunder Dog. Super Baby's trusty sidekick.

I got a text while at work with a picture of Eliott sound asleep in his crib. Apparently he slept enough in the morning to make up for not sleeping at night. I wish I could have done that too! He's definitely teething. I was nursing him and he bit down, I had to break the seal and relatch him. A little later he stopped suddenly and gave me the pain scream. He seams to enjoy gumming down on my finger. I haven't found anything he really likes noming on by himself. What can you give babies who haven't really figured out their hands?

Kym - did you see the necklaces L&L posted about? Only really useful when you're holding him though. Otherwise no idea unless you can buy teething dummies?

Ps - love the image of super baby and thunder did - you'll have to create a suit for E and take a photo :haha:

Having an awful night so far here, hope it's the 3 month growth spurt and only lasting a day or so. Normally after a night like this I can hand z over to DH and get a final hour or so, but my alarm is going off in 2 hours time. When we booked an early morning flight it seemed sensible - I mean I was normally awake at 5 anyway, but I'm regretting that now!

After our terrible night B slept 10-6!! He did wake once durin that time but it was only stirring and all I had to do was chuck his dummy in!! So happy!! I think he was possibly cold and that was the reason for horrid sleep!! More blankets last night and he did 8 hours!! I actually feel human.. Not to mention at 6 all he needed was a feed and nappy change then went back to sleep till 9 :)

Lozza I'm sharing your pain... N been up every two hours over night for feeds. Gritty gritty eyes. Hope he settles for the flight and you have a fab holiday!!! X

Wouldluv, that's great! Sorry to the lads with not-so-great sleep!

G napped from probably 5:30-7:45 pm, then was up until 9:00 and went back to bed... slurped her pacifier for 20 minutes and fell asleep! So I've been working on the quilt... But sleepy now. Yawn!

Jeez, WT! Overachieve much?

says the woman who is making a quilt. ;)

Kym, Love Thunder Dog. Awww. Hope you can figure out a way to soothe him before you run out of door knobs though.

Wouldluv- YAY! That's an awesome night!

Lozza- Hopefully you can snooze on the flight. If not, a glass of sangria when you land is a MUST. :)

Aarrggghhh so tired! S has got a bad cold so was up loads last night crying. He had a high temperature, cough, sneezing and snotty nose. Even when he was sleeping he was thrashing about and making weird noises. And then T was waking every 2 hours to be fed! So at one point I had both of them crying and I just had to laugh. Hopefully they will both be more settled today

Lozza..hope you have a fab holiday x

Sambles...sorry for your rough night x x hope S feels better soon and T gived you an easy day x

Wt...definate overachievement compared to my laziness :haha:

I.did make emera muffins yesterday and after being disappointed with how they turned out...sticking to cases even though.i.greased and wet...they were much.better when.cooled....ha ha was obviously very impatient to.try oops. Will definately use better cases next time though

Well today period definately arrived....rubbish...thought it was starting a week.or so.ago.but was just spotting...full flow (tmi) today....first time in over a year...it sucks!!

Hubby.playing a tennis match this morning so going off food shopping.with M after next feed. She seems much more herself today....not so groggy and sleepy. Back.to.usual naps i.think.

Emera...hope yesterday wasnt too stressful....but yeah for the hair success x x

We went to MILs for a bbq. Ridiculous doesn't even begin to describe it. First my one SIL who hasn't even bothered to see Keira before kept trying to tell me to put a hat on her and sweater and blanket despite it being in the evening and still quite warm. Then MIL informed me that the baby had to go inside because it was about to get to be the time when its bad luck to have a baby outside. Really? She wanted me to leave her on a bed and come outside. Um no.

Then I had SILs friends telling me I couldn't let Keira be held by any women on their period or who had sex the night before because it would hurt her stomach.I'm also supposed to pinch her everytime someone compliments her. Mmmhmm. Oh and she now has a red string tied to both her arm and cradle because one of them convinced OH that a ghost would get her otherwise. Ok I get superstitions but I mean come on! Use your head!

Then my SIL who already has a 5 year old announced she just found out she is due in Feb. Awesome. This woman is my age and has never worked a day in her life. Everytime I have seen her she ignores her daughter and I have the impression MIL is essentially raising her. What is the point in having another?

All in all I'm relieved that I barely Have to deal with his side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->