March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

L&L- The twins are on the same eating pattern. In fact, 30 ounces in a day is a good day for us. I worry that it's not enough... but they seem to be growing fine. I keep thinking that any day now, they'll start wanting more.

Crowned- Funny that you mention a sudden onset of reflux. K has done the same thing the past 2 days! (P is always very vommy.) Both days, he had a massive projectile spit up that actually soaked my jeans all the way through. It must have been 3/4 of what he'd eaten. I wondered if something might be wrong since he has never done that before. But whatever it is doesn't seem to bother him at all. No temperature, no fussiness, no grunting. Just lots and lots of vom. :sick:

Mitch- Yes, it takes 8 hours to drive to Orlando from here, and Georgia is right next to Florida. :haha: That's the thing about the US. Everything is so dang spread out. It would take poor Mouse a WEEK to drive that far.

i was thinking that our lovely husbands/partners where gonna stay here with the babies? :rofl:

M is on 6oz bottles....although first one of day is 7oz and she typically takes all. Today with all the naps she has been extending to 3.5 hours between bottles so i have upped this afternoons to 7oz too. She typically gets 26 oz ish between 7:30am and 6:30pm which seems to be enough to.see her through the night

She seems to be bringing a little more up than usual today...wonder if teats too big for her and she is being a greedy guts and trying to take it too quickly....hmmm...will try another couple of.feeds before thinking of switching back to size 2

L&L - Wow! O is doing great... and laughing! Keira is still very wobbly when she does her standing up trick but she completely does the spring action on her own and holds herself up. I was more than a little surprised when she did it the first time!

Yuck about puke all over!

Mitch - I was doing the same with Keira a lot before she started doing it. Have you tried with her standing on a bed so if she does fall there is no damage? Also Keira napped a LOT yesterday. She napped from 11 to 4 when I went in and actually woke her up. Then she napped again from 6 to about 7:30 and then she was gone for the night at 9. I was surprised she slept so well last night!

Crowned - Wow, good for A! She sounds like a really strong little girl. Did you get her the play tray too? I think I'm going to be using her bumbo as her eating seat when we start on food as she is definitely going to be too small for her high chair. The roling is amazing! Keira won't/hasn't rolled back to front although she does back to side with no issues. I have a feeling back to front is awhile off as she hates tummy time.

Size FOUR nappies? WTH! Keira is still in size 1 diapers. As you can tell she is just a tiny little thing still. I think she is about ready for size 2s though.

As for teats.. we are still using the extremely slow flow nipples from the hospital. She seems to have no issues using them and I don't want to mess up something that is working so I'm not changing to a faster flow until she shows she is done with the ones we have.

All the march Daddy's pulling together to look after the tots sounds like an awesome plan!

Skadi thinking back to how early and tiny Keira was when she was born it's incredible how she's now rolling and standing and things! She's such an amazing gorgeous baby i always have a little moment of wonder when i hear about everything she's doing :hugs:

We have a timeshare in Orlando. We can do a four bedroom four bath unit. We could also use last year's week and double that. It's virtually free. (Some thing like $250 for the whole week) We could rotate out watching babies so each set of parents can have a night off.

Last night Eliott didn't want to sleep so I took him into my bed. My plan was to put him back once he fell asleep. I woke up at 5 with him still next to me. Baby snuggles are very important. Then he slept from 8:30-11 in the morning. Maybe he's saying I should sleep late.

He's grown out of the 3 month sized clothes and now I have to open the snaps on the diapers to make them bigger. It's too soon!

I can't find the amber necklace. Hubby put it somewhere and doesn't remember doing so.

Do your babies grab toys? Eliott has no hand-eye coordination. If he hit toys it's by accident while flailing around. He'll squeeze things put in his hand but doesn't want to grab anything.

im feeling left out with all this talk of rolling, R doesnt do anything like that

as for oz in a bottle R will only take about 3oz at a time, obviously he is normally breastfed but yesterday at the christening we completely missed a booby feed and he still only took 3oz. i don't know what is normal.

feeling a bit excited, going to see a house on wednesday that has just reduced its price by £30k and it looks good (on paper). still faffing about with putting on the market, hopefully it will be done by the end of the week/early next week.

Ha ha, we tried the Bumbo and G just sat draped over the side. I thought she would love it since she's so good front-facing in the Bjorn and now tries to lift her head and shoulders when she's reclining... Nope. Sad rag doll. The video is hilarious.

Yeah, Florida's about as far as I can go. The worst part is I'd have to see my family. :rofl:

i would say the same kym, R will hold things he is given but he doesnt actually grab things really ( i cant tell if it is by accident or not)

Cupcake - good to know R is about the same as E.

Mouse - We haven't tried a bumbo yet. We're supposed to be getting one from a friend but their daughter isn't done with it. I've propped E up against the couch but he slides forward. I'm thinking about trying the bouncer, I don't know that he'll like it since he ignore toys most of the time.

I'm a 20 hour drive to Orlando. Crowned, you me and KKL can meet up and carpool!

Cupcake - that means you have to go on this trip!

Kymied O grabs everything now but she is a few weeks older, and she's only really started about 4 weeks ago and was suddenly really good at it, it really did just happen over night. She holds her bottle when she's feeding and has started taking her dummy out but can't quite put it in straight, just bites the side. everything goes in her mouth now.
I;m sure R will be doing it soon!

L&L - I'm pretty amazed by her too! Its incredible to think just how small she started life off as. I think her and O are pretty much developing similarly. Keira has been grabbing at toys for awhile now and loves holding her soother and sticking it and everything else into her mouth.

A doesn't grab toys yet either. So fun how one baby will develop in one area, but another in a different area!!

Kymied, I'm 20 hours away, but coming from Canada and going south, so carpooling would be a bit of a detour!!

Skadi, the Bumbo was a gift, and they gave us a playtray too! :happydance: What colour is Keira's Bumbo?

WT and Emera, thanks for the reassurance on the vom issue. Hopefully both K and A are back to normal soon!

Kym- My boys are definitely in the flailing around stage. According to his baby book, DS1 was about 4 months when he grabbed his first toy.

Speaking of baby books... who all is keeping up with one? I stayed home with DS1, so I had all sorts of time for scrap booking and taking pictures. This time around, I'm lucky to grab a few snapshots here and there. I don't even have a baby book to write things down in.

Wt....i have a baby book but must admit to not writing anything in it:blush:. I have been taking loads of.photos...printing out and putting them in an album....old school :haha:

Crowned - Hers is turquoise, which colour did A get?

WT - I really wanted to keep a scrapbook but never got around to it and now it seems silly to start one as most would be guesses as to when she started doing things. Oh well. I am working on a scrapbook though.

I do love how all the babies are developing so differently. It's really amazing to be honest. It's so strange to think that not long ago everyone was waiting to meet their LOs and now they are getting so big!

I have a baby book. I fill out each month's entry at the start of the next month, but it's hard to keep track of milestones, etc.

Photos we have a ton. We send some to the Tumblr every day for the grandmas. (And maybe for me to look through, too. :blush: )

Waula - thanks hunni, may well take u up on that offer when i have use of my car again :hugs:

Mitch - ah yes i had forgot about 1st aug... i need to wait and see what car situation is though. :(

did i tell you all i hit a badger? Ouch. it was huge. poor thing stood no chance. :( nor did my car. lol.

Kymied - G sort of ''grabs'' lol..... but cant hold on for long LOL... and Cuppie; G cant roll yet either. His big head probably stops him :rofl:

Nappies - G is in size 3 but they are BIG on him, the sticky tabs really cross over. Prob moved up a size a bit early, but it seems to contain it :haha: most the time :rofl:

America - ive never been. Wen we were little we used to go abroad to Menorca and to Poole(UK) every year.... one year dad asked me and my sister if we would like to go to Poole that year (his choice) or america (mums choice)...... we chose Poole. :dohh:

WELL. Gs jabs went absolutely fine again. they just dont bother him at all. its just me that it upsets it seems :nope:

Zumba was good. ive GOT to get a bit more toned before my september hols otherwise i will be living in a kaftan!!! :cry:

OK ladies..... honesty please..... are all your LO's sleeping around 7pm? we feed G is last feed at 6:45/7pm..... burp...then bed by 7:30pm. he will NOT fall asleep until 9pm. he just grizzles on and off. Im unsure i its the sunlight still (we dont have black outs). If your LOs dooooo sleep around 7pm can u say if you have blackout blinds?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->