March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Skadi....some interesting old wives tales there....NOT!!!! Havent heard anything that ridiculous for a while...espec the baby being held by someone on their period or.had sex in last 24 hours...omg thats nuts. How did you keep a straight face!!???:haha:

I should really trust my instincts more....i am usually pretty good with M now....determining what is tiredness and what is hunger....but just now...pretty much 3 hours since last feed (bearing in mind she is usually that close with morning feeds due to.sttn) she was crying...convinced it was tiredness...laid her down...found her thumb which usually.sends her right of but.still crying :cry:.....held her for a bit....looked tired ish hut thought i would make a bottle...put her down on sofa covered in blanket and when i come.back...fast asleep.:haha:...bless her!!! I was right:happydance:. Anyway havent warmed the bottle so will be ok for 1-2 hours as she hasnt touched it.

FF ladies...still waiting for you guys to log on and tell me what teat size you are on. Glow i remember you tested size 2 on J and he wasnt keen...hage you tried again. Avent says size 2 after one month.....size 3 from 3 months...i know.its all approximate but i hage M on size 2's and eally think she is ready for 3.....on a couple of.bottles during the day she fusses, tries to throw herself back (sems like trying to get more out) and gets frustrated. Signs??? Have made up a size 3 for next feed so will see

We use TT - but we are using the size 2 teats which are 3 mths - E was getting annoyed at the vari flow. E was gettting fustrated so thats when i knew to change

L x

Growth spurts are funny, cranky baby for two days and then spontaneously his clothes don't fit.

I like the look of the teething necklaces but the whole idea of encouraging baby to chew on necklaces bothers me.

Today Super Baby is wearing a Batman sleeper.

Mitch when I made Emera's muffins I think hubby stirred the batter too much and they ended up wet and stuck in the pan. But they were still delicious.

Ah yes that's one of the things my vanished post said, if you overstir that muffin mix it gets quite wet and with no fats in it, it can really stick. Better once its cooled though :). I find if I really mix everything up and then smooth the yougurt mix over the top then mix gently it works well :)

Mitch, we use avent bottles with size 2 nipples. They seem pretty fast to me so we probably won't switch anytime soon. P still has pretty bad reflux, so I don't want him drinking too fast.

With DS1, I never went past size 2s because I figured if he wanted to take milk that fast, he'd be okay with a sippy cup, which we started using at about 8 months.

Aaah overstirring may be the issue....plus not allowing to cool and poor cases....yummy.though :haha:

wt...have given M 2 bottles today with size 3 teats...she seems to drink.alot faster and no.adverse reactions that i.can tell mmmm. Will stick with.them and see.what happens...shes a greedy girl:haha:

Just making coffee cupcakes and carrot cupcakes....cooling before icing yummy. Hubby will be taking most to.work tomorrow

Ah, that was another thing Mitch, when I moved Roh on to bottles (I planned to use a sippy cup as he was 8 months when we started combi feeding, but he wasn't having any of it!!) I went to size 2, having always used size 1 teats due to the bf. As soon as I stopped bf we went to the size 4 ones I think it was? Anyway he downed bottles then but was 10 months at that point. I think you are meant to look at if they are collapsing the teat and also I remember the literature saying to use the slowest flow they will tolerate?

Mmmm not sure what to.do now about teats ....might switch.back.to size 2s then. She was a little more fussy.with them but no.collapsing.of teats. I reckon she'd be happy with 2.5:haha:

Mitch, to be honest go with your instinct. ;) if she's happier with 3 use those if not use 2s :shrug:

Gaah F is sooo clingy today ! I keep trying to put her down and when I do she's fine but her eyes fix on me and she watches me like a hawk as I leave. Then the second I'm out of sight she starts sobbing! :haha: her look cracks me up like, "I know you're trying to abandon me Mum, and I won't stand for it!" Cute and funny, but hard to get anything done! :dohh:

evening all from a tired cuppie and tired baby R, beautiful christening - it really was fantastic.

the food was great and he was so well behaved during the service (no crying or fussying) and then let everyone hold him all afternoon without even a murmur - angel baby.

knackered now. so tired. just left over sausage rolls and carrot sticks and dip for dinner. and scones cream and jam for pud.

you lot have been chatting a lot, can't catch up - sorry!

will try and get a pic up later
x

Glad the christening went well cupcake and yeah for angel R x x

Hurray for a great day, Cupcake!

Mitch, lol at your muffin debacle.

WT, don't be too impressed by the quilt, it's a really random one, no measuring or anything necessary. The time to be impressed will be if I get all the sewing stuff back downstairs before DH gets home and sees the living room!

Mitch, i had the exact same thing with the muffs. Stuck when warm, then fine when cool.

Me and oh went out last night. My parents babysat. T ended up sleeping from 9.30 - 7am. Amazing! Especially after 3 or 4 hourly wakings for the last couple of weeks. Not helped by me staying up late to watch season 6 of Dexter...

Im soooooo far behind on posts.... Sorry

Meatball meet up girls.... Did you get my pm from just now? If not... I wrote....

Im fine with that. Sounds ace. Shall we meet... At the bottom of the lift? Or at the top (by the cafe). I will be wearing a red carnation in my hair... (or some sick).
X

Time for the March Mamas' classic game show... Rational or Irrational?

DH has been gone for two days. On his way home he is driving with 1/4 mile of the only fast food place I can eat from. He puts up a giant whiny fuss when I ask him to stop because he's "been in the car for two hours" and "it's a pain to park there" and "last time he had to wait ten minutes." besides, he claims, I said for three days in a row I was going to go to the grocery store (though when asked for evidence of this he backtracked)

-- HA HA I win, he just called to say he changed his mind and what did I want from there.

I mean JESUS. Lol.

Hah, Mouse, what a baby! :haha: Glad he "changed his mind" or i'd have slapped him from here!!

Missy, no message! :shock: I sent one. I'll be the frazzled one chasing a mental toddler! :haha: (also with hair sick)

Cuppie, glad everything went well and that there was food left over for tea, very important that! ;)

Ergh, think F might be teething, would explain the clingy and bum explosions and drooling and chewing everything, in fact i'm a muppet for not considering it! :dohh:

Mouse- I'm glad he came to his senses for your sake. However for my own enjoyment, I'd have loved to hear about a transatlantic slap from Emera. :haha:

Cuppie- I'm glad everything went well today. Hopefully we get a little piccie??

Emera- Clingy must be going around.

Missy- I'm glad I don't have access to Dexter seasons right now because it would drive me crazy that I don't have time to watch.

AFM.... today the boys are 4 months old!!!! Wow, time flies! This was also my last weekend alone!!!! DH comes home Wednesday morning. So my in laws came over this evening and just like last Sunday, the boys would have nothing to do with them. The boys screamed every time either grandparent picked up one of them up. :shrug: Hopefully they don't do that to DH.

Happy 4 months K and P!!!

Cuppie, sounds like you had a great day

Am in a grump. Al woke ad up (by accident), however he's fast asleep now and an hour later I'm still up with her. Bah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->