March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Hey lads

Back from visiting family straight after the fabulous NW meet. It was so lovely to see everyone, hope we can arrange another one soon. I think we all have just the greatest babies and I so loved meeting them all, the NW lot, and Waula (slightly Northerly Midlands but with NW credentials) for the first time. Waula, your cheesecake will be remembered fondly. Loo, your house was just GORGEOUS.

Really interesting to read about everyone's babies at different stages. Well, they are individuals. E's grabbing things, and like O, can take her soother out, hold it, but often mashes it against the side of her mouth trying to get it back in. Thus ensues a cross E who usually ends up sucking her thumb instead.

FT, sizes 3's like G-man, a little early, possibly. But she was bursting out of size 2's....

WT, we were given a baby book, a Peter Rabbit one. It's lovely, in a slip case, yadda yadda, I just can't be arsed. It sounds terrible, but I can't pinpoint the day E first smiled. Instead I photogaph her a LOT, and video. We have both our phones on the go, a compact camera and my DSLR. In my paranoia about losing all these photos I have a Dropbox account just for E's stuff.

Laughing. It's still very rare and I can't tell MrC as she hasn't done it for him yet and he'd be upset to know he's missed it. So I lie and say 'oh she's sooo on the edge of laughing'. Anyway, she's laughed (giggled) on the odd occasion I gently yank her arm out of her sleeve. She crumbles into a chattery laugh. Little weirdo.

Rolling....not here, not unless you count two rolls on the sofa as she sat at a funny angle with momentum on her side. She looked a bit shocked after though. One thing I won't forget is the day E started to coo (Saturday just gone). I took her on the bouncer my parents keep into the bathroom as she wanted company. Dumped my silk dressing gown on her lap as she likes to finger, and nom away, the material, and left her to it as I showered. Lots of the usual squeeks and squeels...and then she started to coo, my dad was hooting with laughter from the living room. I took a (jiggly) video of her doing it on the way to a summer fair yesterday (https://youtu.be/UFVoM62vg7M) and it makes me smile everytime.

America.....we did a train trip from New York via Chicago, Salt Lake, Las Vegas and San Fran. I'd love to go again....and drop in on the various USers I've met online and face-to-face. Any chance of shrinking the country in the wash first?

FT, no, E falls asleep anytime between 6:30pm and 8:30pm depending on, well, which the wind is blowing. I do my best to feed her into submission but sometimes she's just wide eyed and right on the edge of sleep. No black out blinds and this is at mine downstairs, upstairs and at my parents. If G is fighting sleep and grizzles then, I dunno, am I stating the obvious, try a soother just as he starts to ramp up? Maybe the boy beautiful just likes a later night?

''EDITH FINDS HER VOICE''... i just love it Crow :hugs: I love baby coo-ing too, just melts my heart :)

MsC - we have the same peter rabbit book but as we have another we use that one instead. i have tried to keep it updated and really ought to have another look at it.

FT - R has a bath about 6pm ish and then he has a feed about 6.45 ish. He does go to bed at 7pm and he does go straight to sleep. he is usually sleepy and floppy form his feed before i put him in his crib. we do not have black-out blinds and actually as we have cream curtains the room is quite light.

as you know though R is not sttn and wakes about 3ish and 5ish every night for a feed although he does go back to sleep. i think he is just hungry.

i've fallen in love with a thatched cottage, its almost in our budget and hubs mum has said she will give us some money.... im feeling optimistic again!

thanks lads, i think - as msC says - G may just be a night owl.

I mean the good thing is he will sleep till about 6am when goes to bed at 9pm.... would just realllllly like it to be a bit earlier..... i suppose i cant have everything my way :rofl:

right im off to bed. Baby rhymetime is tomo morn at 9;30am, then the church group... then its his week to be weighed (i weight him every other week).

keep fingers crossed for me lads - im hoping he hasnt slipped in weight any more than before!

NIGHT ALL :hugs:

ETA - ooo cuppie, a thatched cottage? sounds lush :cloud9:

Oh my word, how CUTE is Edith????!!!!! Love it!!!

Can someone post the NW ,eet-up photos on here, as I don't have you lads on Facebook. please?

Skade, A's is bright red.

Love that video mscrow...just played it.and hubby shot up to.check M's monitor (shes asleep upstairs):haha:.

M coos......it is soooo cute...but she is.also.trying to do some sort of.speech....and comes out with high pitched squeals going up and.down and is really like.she is.trying to tell me something so i.do the usual 'oh really M and then what happened???/ oooh sounds like a great dream what happened next etc etc'.....she looks at me then carries on. I love encouraging her to 'talk' to me:kiss:. I.recorded it.the other day on phone but didnt point camera at her as it sometimes activated a light directly onto her and she gets camera shy:haha:

FT....M has a bath about 6pm and then crashes out after a feed around 6:30. Cant keep her awake any longer. Remember we started bedtime routine around week 7 ish...far too early and sometimes took.us until 8.30 ish to.settle her....but it has finally come good so maybe G will too. 9pm is good though and perhaps you can just start gently.shaving off 10-15mins each week til you bring it back to.around 7pm....IF thats when you.want him to go down. I know loads of people still put baby to bed around 9-10pm tbh. Depending how tired out she is...she will either fall asleep whilst being burped/at end of feed or just after we.have put her down when still awake but obviously tired.....she finds her thumb, sucks and shes gone by herself. Amazing how its not a battle anymore...fingers crossed i havent jinxed it. She sleeps through til 7:15

FT, my G isn't asleep until 9-10 pm ever, lol. So don't worry, you're not alone. But she usually takes a pretty substantial late afternoon nap.

MsC, E is so cute! I never connected that sound with "cooing," though lately I hear the doves outside cooing and keep thinking it's the baby. But we call it "hooting," and DH and I stand next to her and make hooting sounds like a couple of crazies. She loves it. Hoot hoot hoot hoot!

I totally forgot that our Swiss friends are swinging back by for dinner again. How to make a tired baby!

FT. F falls asleep at around about 7pm give or take almost every evening, if I wanted to try and keep her awake for whatever reason I think she'd either just go to sleep anyway or she'd meltdown pretty quickly. :shrug: Roh on the other hand was never ready to sleep until 9pm earliest, usually more like 11pm.
Bear in mind though that F wakes at 11pm and 3am and 6am (and sometimes 1.30am for good measure) almost every night too, so she's not exactly doing an epic stretch from 7pm onwards! :nope:

I love the cooing! :cloud9: F was doing some pretty cute cooing, but Roh is in a roaring phase and keeps rawring at her, so in the last couple of days she's developed a little shouty roar! :haha:

Awwwww E's cooing is super cute :cloud9: she's one of Jacob's 'girls'....yes he has 2....E and D :blush::haha:

NW meet up was lovely, so nice to see everyone and all the babies were so well behaved :thumbup: Lovely to meet Waula and Noah to I know it must have been a pain to drive all that way and laden with yummy cheesecake too :thumbup: nom nom :haha:

Had J weighed today he's 13lbs 14oz :shock:

Loads to catch up on...will try and have a read back tomorrow :winkwink:

:hugs::hugs:

Crowned, what part of Canada are you in? I was thinking we could meet in NY or something. I don't know where we could leave a car for a week though.

FT - I usually put E to bed after a feed around 7:30-8:30. He usually falls asleep within a half hour of me putting him to bed. We have dark curtains but a lot of light still comes in. He doesn't seem to mind.

I got a scrap book and started writing in it.... Before E was born.... I keep meaning to update it but it asks for SO MUCH information. I know when I was first able to photograph a smile (camera puts a date) so I figure I'll write like two days before that (if it's not exact he'll never know, it's worse to be blank) I was the second child so my book has a lot of blanks but my brother's was complete.

Kymied,(deleted) so NY would be perfect! I think we could leave a car at an airport for a week... or if it was northern NY, my DH could drop me off, which would be great because we only have the one car so he wouldn't be stranded. Alternatively, I would look at flights because A would be free and it might be cheaper than paying for gas (and a LOT faster!). With all the girls going, someone would be able to stop by the airport in Orlando and pick us up, right?

Ms.C- E is so precious!!!! Her cooing sounds so sweet. Everyone should make a recording of their LOs "talking". That is something I never did with DS1 and I really regretted it. There really is nothing sweeter than hearing these noises.

Kym- What part of Mass are you in? I mentioned this before, but it probably got lost on one of our chatty days... but we'll be flying into Boston in October and going to a wedding on Martha's Vineyard. How far are you from either?

I'm just outside Springfield, about two hours from Boston but I'd totally be willing to meet you out there.

Tired. Snoring child in my arms who screams if I put him down. :cry: :sleep: sttn fairy... Where are you???! Emera N sleep sounds very like F, we seem to be getting worse!!! :dohh: xx

Morning everyone...
Hope you've all had good nights...
Love the fact there's a USA meet up going to happen :haha:
:hi: Kelly! Hope you and LO's are all ok xx
MsC gorgeous vid of E - she's gorgeous!!!
So the coo'ing... N has just started too the past couple of days :cloud9: he's also aiming to suck his thumb but keeps jabbing it in the side of his cheek :dohh:
Last night - he did 7,10,1 then was up at 2 screaming with trumps :)() and so we co-slept til 6... much easier than fighting to put him down. I find its amazing what a comfort a cuddle is for him...
I did loads of gardening yesterday and cleared a flower bed of enormous weeds and am seriously suffering this morning...soooo stiff and blisters all over my hands!!! Ouch. Only another 8 beds to go!!!! Trying to make the most of the nice weather...
Right he's yawning away so time for a bit more sleep for him and me I think...

we call it "hooting," and DH and I stand next to her and make hooting sounds like a couple of crazies. She loves it. Hoot hoot hoot hoot!

:rofl: I love that.

Poor Waula, is this a new trick of N's?

We've had the crappiest night too. I'm putting it down to MrC letting her nod off at 6:30pm and leaving the Relax and Sleep going on the first stint (I had a meeting) so E not getting a deeper sleep to start with. That said it could have been travelling back.

Anyway, she was wide awake from 11:30pm till 1am, 4:30 till 5:15 and 6-god knows. I've given up and got up to have breakfast as I'm ruined. Little monkey's probably spark out. :sleep:

M's woke 40 mins earlier than.usual..had a good look.around...found.thumb and gone back to.sleep just woken.again.and i can.see her craning.her head to.check.out.the door.to.the nursery to see.if.anyone.coming in...bless her. She does that every morning.before giving.her saviour a big.smile:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->