March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Well I think THINK that F slept from 7-3 last night, but I could have just forgotten the waking in the middle in a blur of tired. She didn't wake at 11pm though, as we were in bed by then so I think she either woke a bit later or actually did skip the waking. I do have one giant boob this morning, so I think we skipped a feed either way!! Not that I feel like I've had more sleep mind you!!

Waula, I agree, apart from possibly last night F's sleep is worse than at 6 weeks old! :dohh:

Morning Lads

WT I’m keeping a photo diary of everything. I have thousands but have yet to do anything with them. Hopefuuly I’ll get round to scrapbooking at some point.

FT we don’t start our night time routine till half 7 and lay O down at 8 but she always takes a while to go off, I’d say we normaly have a sleeping baby by half 8
I’m glad the jabs went well yesterday, hope G is ok today, and fingers crossed for his weigh-in

Crow – love the video, I love baby talk :)

Mitch I love the early Morning Smile
O is always really hyper in the mornings and as soon as i get her she’s talking to me and kicking about, makes feeding hard though and winding impossible.

:happydance: Go F on her long sleep, lets hope it lasts!

Hope everyone else is good

AFU we had a bad night for us, O went down at 8 but was awake at 1,3,4.30 and 6 though didn’t want feeding till 6. We seem to have one good night followed by two bad ones.

l&l - sounds like my night too.

what is going on?! he used to just wake once and maybe again at 6.45 ish. now he wakes loads of times every night.

the tiredness is wearing me down

I don't know what's happened either, we were sleeping 8 till at least 5 sometimes even longer. I try to leave her to get herself back to sleep but she kick all her covers off and then starts crying. We swaddle her but she escapes and she wont sleep in a grow bag :shrug: who knows what's going on. My OH tried last night as i was so tired but O wont settle for him, she just seems to want me, which is lovely if it's 3 in the afternoon, not so nice at 3am
I hope they both start getting better soon cuppie :( I feel your tiredness pain.
I can't even nap during the day as O will only sleep in my arms and wont sleep if i take her to bed with me or lie on the sofa with her. I have to get her to sleep in the sling and then prop myself up on the sofa to nap with her in that.

so glad its not just me/N with the sleep issues...thanks lads :) all my NCT buddies are sleeping through and have done for weeks...like proper 7-7 and then need waking :wacko:. Good for them! :haha: I know there is a 4month sleep regression thing but really I don't want to regress from this or there'll be NO sleep!! :haha:

Good luck with the weigh in G and FT!

N is seriously trumpy for past 24-48hrs (and so am I :blush: TMI??!!!) and wondering if thats not helping at night time. What are peoples thoughts on food I eat making him trumpy??! Had some spicy food at the weekend and I do eat a lot of veg but really...how does food in my gut get into my milk??! Hmmm...
xxx

cuppie and L&L - sorry for the wake up calls, im sure your LOs will settle down to usual feeds again soon.

we had the same night here as usual... 8pm crib, 9pm sleep, 5am awake for feed. Thanks for all your info on your LOs sleep routines ladies :hugs:

Went to baby rhymetime this morn which was nice but skipped the church group as i *think* im getting a cold (may just be hayfever tho) and didnt want to make others ill.

Getting G weighed at 2pm..... fingers crossed he's doing good... i think he is :shrug:

hope your all enjoying your day! Its actually dry and sunny here :)

FT of course G will be doing fine hun... he looked fab on his christening photos!!! :hugs:

Don't worry Waula, you can't regress beyond what our babies are doing, you have to have progressed to be able to regress! :haha: They'll sleep through in their own time our fatties! :D
F definitely missed a feed last night I've been horribly engorged all day. Just got her to sleep so I can express, it hurts!! :wacko:

Thanks emera - I know I know...they will all sleep eventually...I'd just have thought our fatties could last a bit longer but it would seem they want to keep their stocks up *just in case! :haha: but I really don't mind as I'm the same as you...engorged as hell if he does miss a feed (he can't win :rofl:) it's only that he'd been doing 7-11-2-7 for 3 weeks and now he can't go more than 1 1/2-3hours all flipping night. Snoozy...

Time to make some lemon curd whilst N is asleep...last time I made lemon glue (!) so not going to cook it quite as long this time.
xx

waula, your probably find that your NCT pals dont mention when their babies stir in the night etc..... as i just cant believe that THAT many babies sleep through 7-7 at this point. Everyone at my babyclub says their baby does.... but im sorry, the cynic in me says '''mmm mmm.'' :haha: I thought i was pretty lucky with what ive got :shrug:

I guess it always comes back to what emera was saying a while ago... DONT compare your baby to someone elses lol....but i cant seem to help myself :haha: but to be honest, its more so that i know im on the right path.

well after saying its sunny and dry here.... its raining :dohh: typical!

Been so healthy yesterday and today (just had boring salad for lunch).... im now craving chocolate..... NOOOOOOOOOOOO! :haha:

I know FT, I try not to compare babies but I think its fascinating that babies all born within a couple of weeks can be so different!!!...I also think mmm mmm too - sometimes I think I'm too honest with them!!! :) xxx

FT Roh was doing 9-5 ish by now, and I was reeeeally pleased and everyone I knew was jealous!! He did stir a couple of times a night but I popped a dummy in and we went back to sleep. :shrug: I was dead pleased! I too find it hard to believe that many babies are going 7-7, but some do! (M is doing it for Mitch :) ) I think some people are really inclined to boast and exaggrate about the stuff their babies do, which is sort of understandable, as we are all very proud of our LOs and its easy to get carried away I suppose. :shrug: I don't see the point in going for the competitive "my baby sleeps more hours than your baby" thing. If you are getting a full night's sleep, then yay, happy for you Random Mum, but it doesn't make you a better mum or your baby a better baby, it just means you need less coffee to make it to bedtime! :haha: If how long babies slept for was anything to do with parenting, then surely F should be doing what Roh did? ;).

Pah, babbly rant type thing there! :haha:

Who needs sleep anyway? I can't believe how much of my day I used to "waste" resting before I had children! :rofl: :sleep:

My Gumigem came :) O loves it but more to play with than chew right now, she held it all through her bottle which was better than her holding my lip or my noes which happens quite often and is now asleep with it, and i actually like it as a necklace! Hopefully over the next few months she'll use it to chew on as well, It's nice to know that i always have something for her on me when we're out and things. (i added pictures)

boo FT hope your not getting a cold.

Emera and Waula your chunks will get this whole sleeping thing soon :hugs: I'm with FT no way can EVERY baby sleep like that. As soon as one mum says something a lot of mums seem to want to say there baby does better, I don't believe half of it.

Attachments

• IMG_1766.jpg
    IMG_1766.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_1772.jpg
    IMG_1772.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 6
  • small1.jpg
    small1.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 6
awww L&L those pics are GORGEOUS! what a cutie xxx

the only real reason i ask so much about sleep is because i was getting worried i was missing his tiredness signs..... tbh, im still unsure which cries are hunger, sleep, wind etc..... i sometimes still get it wrong. but im trying lol. very trying haha.

well anyway.... he is feeding now.... should add on a couple of ounces for weigh in at 2pm heehee

Kymied, in Ontario, so NY would be perfect! I think we could leave a car at an airport for a week... or if it was northern NY, my DH could drop me off, which would be great because we only have the one car so he wouldn't be stranded. Alternatively, I would look at flights because A would be free and it might be cheaper than paying for gas (and a LOT faster!). With all the girls going, someone would be able to stop by the airport in Orlando and pick us up, right?

I live in upstate NY:happydance:
I was super jealous of the meetup last week, looks like you guys had a wonderful time and I loved the facebook pics.
It would be nice to meet all of you and your lo's.
I am trying to catch up but believe it or not I've been busier with DH home than when he's at work. We have been doing lots of small projects around the house. He had a second interview for a position yesterday and fx that he gets it.

I think I keep messing up Eve's sleep pattern, we go to our cottage in the 1000 islands every weekend, 3 hour drive each way. I think it's preventing her from sttn. Is it possible that the different location could be impacting her? :shrug: We are going for the whole week next week for the holiday, I hope she is ok.

Ok, now to read back:coffee:

FT i get confused by what O wants when she cries still to. i can normally guess based on how long it's been since last feed or nap but a lot of the time just try everything till i get it right.

Waula N looks extra cute in your FB pictures! I just want to squeeze him!!

EDIT KK i'm the same when OH is off, even busier. I'm not sure about E's sleep pattern though, the only experience i have is staying at my aunts for a few days with her but she actually slept better for it :shrug: do you you do everything at the same time and have the same routine at both places? Or does she sleep while you drive there and so maybe isn't as tired when you get there?

L&L O is gorgeous and glad the necklace is good too.

im having a terribley unproductive day. R has only just gone down for his first nap of the day when he normally sleeps mid morning. i really need to get the house ready for the estate agent coming on friday, especially as the rest of this week is really busy! aaah

FT - so far today i've eaten honey nut cornflakes, one banana, scone with clotted cream and jam and 2 pieces of melted cheese on toast. aside from the banana not healthy either!

good old BF though, i have lost another couple of pounds, only about 1/2 stone to lose until im at a good weight!

L&L- SOOOOOOOOo cute!!!! (You and O!!)

FT- I much prefer to think that M is the only freak baby sleeping 7-7. :haha: (Only kidding, M. We love you and don't think you're a freak. Just unusually gifted in the sleeping department. :thumbup: ) Actually, I had a feeling that my boys would not be STTN since DS1 was like M (8-8 every night). So I knew I couldn't be greedy with the sleep fairy and that she'd need to visit other babies this go around. :shrug:

For us... sleep is going okay. For most nights, the twins are only waking up once to eat, which means twice for me. (I don't count the many times that they wake up and just need the paci.) Some nights I get lucky and they both wake up within 10 minutes of each other which means only 1 wake up for me. :happydance: Other nights...... uhm... we won't talk about those other nights! :nope:

Emera- Sorry for the engorgement, but hopefully the extra sleep will do you good today. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->