March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Wouldnt let me attach to same post!!

Attachments

• IMG-20120626-00090.jpg
    IMG-20120626-00090.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 7
It's almost noon and E has been napping since his breakfast at 7. And I haven't gotten anything done because I was expecting him to wake up at any time. My boobs are feeling rather full so my guess is that he's hungry but I'm not going to wake him....

Love the dress! (And the nap location) :). We've been invited to a wedding in october and I got all excited about pretty dresses, but we've only been invited to the evening do and its in Cheshire so we likely wouldn't even take the kids along. :( I want an excuse to buy cute smart clothes!!

Good job Emera 15lb 5oz is massive. :thumbup:
Mitch LOVE the dress!! cute!!! A tiny part of me misses the dresses (all about navy/white) but courdroy dungarees are also pretty special!! :haha:
Loving the pampers size 4 nappies...containing everything and seem much more stretchy! :thumbup:
xx

Love the dress!

We have a wedding in 4 weeks, which i don't want to go to but have to as Alex is an usher. I had a huge argument with the bride as apparently i was being selfish and trying to emotionally blackmail her by saying i wouldn't go as she had said she didn't want a baby there spoiling her day, but it's a two day wedding, AND we'd have to be there a day earlier for the rehearsal, Altogether it would have meant leaving O from Thursday afternoon till Sunday morning/late Saturday night. I didn't actually mind not going and was never going to leave O for that long, I've not left her longer than a few hours before, But apparently i was just trying to upset her by saying this so that she would say O could come as well. She's now said she can come (i think this is more the groom putting his foot down) but if she starts to make a noise through the service/speeches ect someone will have to take her out! Like i'd let her scream or play up through any of that with out taking her out! ARGH it makes me so angry.
Sorry for the little rant.

MITCH... WOW WHAT A BARGAIN!

emera - well done u and F thats a grreat weight!

waula - buy dresses for u instead lol xxx

L&L - I take the bride doesnt hv children lol....... ass. heehee.

ok lads i know its cheeky but if anyone wants to sponsor me £1 for my zumbathon then here is the link lol..... https://www.justgiving.com/Kas-Dunkley
but pls dont worry if not as i know we are all broke on mat pay. and this is the only time i will be mentioning it.

well apart from on the day. unless my unfit body is too exhausted to carry on that is hahaha x

BTW what is everyone else doing excercise wise..... im only doing zumba twice a week... and walking when out.... but thats it.
no time for much else.

L+L, its a shame that. I always think its fair enough if people say no kids at weddings, but then they have to accept that some of their friends who are parents may not be able to attend. :shrug: Weddings are very much family events, so I think its lovely to have babies, children and mad old grandads all in a room celebrating with all the screaming, chattering and random heckling that entails. ;). People who don't have babies/children just don't really get it, on the whole.

Oops its passed Roh's dinner time and I just can't be bothered to get off my arse and cook him something, I'm knackered! (And also a terrible mother!)

FT, no time for planned exercise for me! I walk around with Roh on my back though and he weighs like 14kg! :haha: so I reckon walking up and down hills carrying him and pushing a pushchair is probably enough! :haha:

yep i totally understand some people not wanting kids at their wedding..... but for 2/3 days..... wowza.

BTW lads... this saturday me and DH are off to wales and leaving G with my mum and dad for the night!!! are we brave or stupid haha!

Its been planned since he was born... think it will be nice for us to have a night as ''us'' if you know what i mean. Im not at all worried about G.... i just hope he is good for my mum and dad!!! I actually figured its better to leave him now then when he has seperation anxiety at 6+ months :shrug:

Hope no one thinks im a bad mummy. lol.

FT its a great plan! Much easier now than when they care who their cuddles are coming from! I'm sure G will be an angel, they always are for their grandparents! ;)

Ft...definately the best time to do.it....after the success of leaving M with SIL for that wedding a few weeks ago....12-12 not overnight.....i.would have no problems doing it afain. The first times the worst...you.will miss him more than he will miss you probably at this age :haha:. I would definately.consider a night away leaving M with.her overnight next time..though i am keen for it to be in our house rathr than cart her to strange surrounding....silly i.know.

So spectacular mummy failure tonight....M decided she wanted a late nap...i try to.avoid them after 4:30....but it wad 4:30 and thought she would only crash for 20 mins...anyway at just before 5 i thought i.had best stir her so she would go to bed usual time. Just to say i didnt nudge her awake but when.she stirred i quietly spoke to her and she didnt.go back to slerp...which.she probably.wanted to. Anyway.15 minutes.later she was crying and screaming soooo soooo tired...ooopsie. I.thought.i would try and get her to slerp and just do a later bed but.she was having none of it.....approaching 5:45 i thought i may.as well sort a bottle and put her down. Ended up skipping.her bath.feeding.her and down usual time. No harm done but.she fought.it...she did.not.like me one bit oooopsies....never 'wake' a sleeping baby...poor thing x x

cute dress!

as for the house, it is on a huge plot so space isnt a problem but it is a listed thatched cottage so i don't think it would be allowed. i think the house is just about big enough but isn't spacious if you know what i mean. i havent seen it in the flesh yet anyway...

have a good time FT, i think it is a great idea to leave him for a night, especially with people you trust and i agree, i think you will miss him more than he misses you! i bet you spend all your time talking about him!!

children at weddings - i personally had a child-free wedding and am so glad i did, i don't like all the noise of little children running around even though other people find it charming. we had 9 children at the christening and the noise in church was deafening. it was like a creche. no-one took their kids out and everyone i spoke to said it was a shame that they couldnt hear the service very well.

i will always take my child out if they make noise.

Cupcake exciting about the house! I think 3/4 kids prob could share but would agree re age and teenagers prob need their own space... Thatch sounds gorgeous though but listed canbe a right pain for doing anything with... Hope R let you get your house sorted for the estate agents!!

Tried a MsC style feeding position tonight...very comfy and much easier to burp! Didn't get on very well with bio nuts when I first tried months ago!!

Oh and kiddies at weddings etc... I think it's fine as long as people take them out if they're noisy...shame cupcake that people couldn't hear the ceremony!!! X

X

Agreed about noisy kids in actual ceremonies! I'd never try to make Roh sit quietly through anything like that, it'd be a nightmare!

Bums, I've got tickets to go to a mini womad festival on sat evening. OH can't get the night off and now my friend who was going to come with me has bailed on me :( I hate having spent out on a ticket and it not be used. Plus it won't be as fun with just me and the kids as lkely they'll both be asleep but 8pm so I'll be by myself watchng sleeping children. :dohh: ah well, hopefully something will work out.

I asked my friends not to bring kids because there would have been like 12 of them. One of hubby's aunts brought her grand daughter anyway (The girl's mother had baby #2 the week before) I felt bad about saying they couldn't come but I had to pay for the food. One friend had to leave early because she she was BFing but no one had a problem with it.

My friend is getting married next year and I'd love to take Eliott (already have hand-me-down fancy clothes of multiple sizes) but I understand if she doesn't want kids there. I think if I had to travel for a wedding I would bring my mom to have her watch him during the wedding/reception.

I too would definitely walk out if A made noise during a ceremony, and always do that for church too. I think it's rude to let my kid ruin a ceremony for others.

I took Eliott out of the hall of the church on the day of his dedication because he was getting fussy. The pastor said afterwards that he could have stayed but I figured, take him out, give him some boob and he'll go back nice and happy and quiet.
I also walked out of a restaurant because he was fussy. I left Hubby to pay the check and get the leftovers.
I'm not one of the people who think kids need to be kept out of public but I think screaming children should be.
I think the grocery store would be the hardest to leave as I usually go alone and check out often takes a while. I'm not sure how to handle a screaming child there.

Not caught up, but...

i can.see her craning.her head to.check.out.the door.to.the nursery to see.if.anyone.coming in...bless her. She does that every morning.before giving.her saviour a big.smile:kiss:

Awwwwww! Dying of the cute! Seriously. If I think about it too much I'll cry.

Kym - My mom just never brought us grocery shopping as it always ended in someone screaming or crying. (Including my mom.) I never went until I could help my mom carry bags home lol! She would always either go when someone else could watch us or send our dad to get things.

Right now I bring her but only because she is generally an angel in public. Every now and then she will start screaming but I found if I swerve the cart or stroller around she is quiet and asleep faster than it would take to escape.

I put her down at 8:30 to sleep and at 9 heard some quiet cooing over the tv. I muted it and sure enough she was in there cooing. I went in and found her waving her arms around in the air and laughing at me. Kind of like "Aha! Houdini strikes again!". She gave me a little "sentence" and then let me swaddle her again and off to sleep she went. (So far). She is so cheeky!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->