March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

emera - ah no, hope yopu find someone to go with you xxx

kids at weddings - i think a kid free wedding is fine ... we only invited kids of CLOSE family -as it was only two babies and two toddlers who were bridesmaids.BUT the bride should then understand that the parent may not be able to come, ESP if its a 2 day celebration haha

skadi - LOL, Bless her xxx

G slept at 8pm last night but stirred alot and fed at 4.30am.... so perhaps the 9pm sleep suits us fine afterall hahaha

not heard from pristock on here in ages have we..... hope she is ok. will check fb xx

A two day celebration? How extravagant.

I took E to my grandfather's funeral, I had to as I was doing a reading. My nephews, 20 months and 4 years also went and were slightly rowdy but my SIL took the 4 year old out and my brother minded E when I was reading. She didn't utter a peep but I'd have removed her in a heartbeat. Doesn't matter whether it's a celebration or a moment of sadness, it's just respectful to maintain an atmosphere focused on the event, not a child.

Heh, glad the laid back feeding is working for you Waula. It would have been difficult whilst you were recovering from the c-section. Just think of all the cake you can now eat unhindered.

I'm reading Mitch's posts in total but I can't help smile everything M 'slerps'. Hehe.

With my friend unavailable and having not started with the childminder yet I had to take E to a meeting yesterday. Never again. She was an angel in her carrier but the offices were so hot that sweat was dripping down my back and legs. By the time I got the bus back her fontanelle was slightly sunken and I was in a panic to feed her.

ah bless msC, e is so good x so have you found a childminder you want to use or hv you not decided for sure yet xx

i was looking at local childminders and they all seem to be 4-5pound an hour..... does that sound roughly right to everyone...

FT, I'm going with the one I liked but unfortunately she came down with sciatica after I saw her so I'm having kittens she might not be better enough to look after E on Monday. She's £3.15 an hour but we're oooop North and not in a city so very different to where you are.

Better night here, sort of, if you exclude an hour of shrieks and whoops coming from the cradle starting at 6am.

Morning lads,
Another bad night here again but O seems to be getting easier to settle each time she wakes up so hopefully we'er getting better.

With the wedding I was fine about her saying no children just not the way she reacted to me then not being able to go, and then the way she told me i would have to leave with O as i wouldn't have, I had already thought that i probably wouldn't go to the ceremony but would take O to see the animals on the farm the church is on (it's her dads farm) unless O was napping in which case i'd probably just have her in the sling (it keeps her the quietest) and sit at the back.

It's two days as they can't fit many people in the little church so are having a big 'barn dance' on the farm the next day for everyone, but we're still going to a hotel for meal and evening reception after the church bit so i don't get why it's two days really. I think she got annoyed at me for not going as she thought i didn't get that it was an honour to be invited to the small wedding. And it's lovely she wanted me there and i did get it, but i wouldn't leave O for that long, and there was just no way around it.
Bah it's all sorted now anyway so i shall just bite my tongue and smile.

FT i think your leave G at the perfect time, He's just old enough that nights are easier but not to old to miss you loads.

I did have loads more but starting writing this at half 5 this morning but had a huge vomcano and O has only just settled from it.

hope you all had better nights

sorry you had a rubbish night L&L :hugs: perhaps tonight will bring more sleep :)

Ive got a cold/cough. Hope G doesnt get it in time for the grandparents on sat :(

Boo, no repeat of our good night last night! :( Oh well. Suppose I should be happy my boobs were hurting all yesterday because we were a feed behind. Even expressing didn't sort it! :wacko:

Gah! Second night in a row sleep has been foiled by large poop at 4 am! Even worse I seem to have a pounding headache.

Booo for the bad nights ladies...i wonder if some of your LOs are getting into.that 4 month sleep (or slerp:winkwink:) regression territory. Hmmmm nit lookibg forward to.that. Those with LOs already did you experience this? Do all babies suffer from it?

FT i think £4-5 per hour down south is usual. Although my sil is giving us a slightly reduced rate its still £5 per hour:wacko:. Phoned a nursery yesterday as thinking of spliting Ms week.between the two...the nursery is in our village and SIL is slightly out of he way to.drop off M on some days. Nursery was £61 per day for 8am-6pm and £49 for 8am-4pm....bargain eh??! Not!!!! I can see how alot of people cant afford on.an average salary. Its the business to.get into...no wonder my SIL trained as a childminer after her daughter was born!! Not sure i have the temperament.to.deal with.other peoples kids:haha:

L&L glad you got wedding sorted. We said no kids at our wedding...its personal choice and would have understood if some people couldnt.come. We probably would have made an exception for newborns...thats different. Alit of our friends with children were happy to.have a day/evening off for some adult time. My friend who.got married a few weeks ago said no kids and we respected that...hence leaving M...had she been younger i would have asked for an.exception or not gone along

we are all suffering :haha:

skadi - (in a motherly tone) ''lots of water for that headache young lady''
(oh my god... we are mums... do we now have that tone? i assume we all acquire it by right when giving birth lol).

Mmmmm think my uncles funeral will be a week tomorrow or next friday.... do i bring G? Crow, you seemed to do well with E at the funeral.... perhaps i will bring G and stay near the back door of the church....

OK LADS.... i do NOT want to be a mum who judges other mums and what they do. But if i dont vent here then i think its going to come out eventually in a more negative way.

There is a lady (H) who goes to babyclub who lunches etc with us as one of my friends likes her. I dont. One day my friends little baby was crying and H stuck one of her own childs dummys in the babys mouth. My friend does not give her baby a dummy..... and H knows this, but did it anyway. She even ''held'' the dummy in my friends babys mouth...almost forcing it to stay there. after doing it she just went ''there you go''.

THEN.... yesterday at babyclub H said ''oh you ladies should think about weaning soon (her baby is 4 months); my little J eats anything now - yesterday my husband gave her some of his starbucks coffee''.

:saywhat: :grr:

THATS AWFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sorry but thats just totally wrong. wrong wrong wrong.

Phew. Ok i feel better now.

Ive wrapped the text as it was more of a ''im getting this out of my system rant'' haha

:blush:

I can't start looking into childminders and things just yet as i don't really know what i'm doing. OH has a interview tomorrow and if he gets it we'll be moving so i wont really be able to go back to my old job :shrug: I don't know what i think about that yet.

FT That is awful about that women I'd feel the same as you as well. Coffee?? ridicules!

l&l - Where will you move to hun? totally diff part of UK? big change :hugs:

Ergh FT, I wouldn't care if some mentalist wanted to feed her 4 month old coffee, that's her problem to deal with! However I think the thing with the dummy is totally shocking! I'd never think to interfere with someone elses child, except to give them a cuddle if their mum had popped to the loo or something and they got upset. I definitely wouldn't put a dummy in their mouth, and another childs?!? Why does she think these things need sterilizing?!? Dreadful!

The job he's interviewing for is only about an hour and a half drive from here so not massively far but to far for OH to do every day. It's on the outskirts of Salisbury so we would look for somewhere there which is about an hour away from us now. He's desperate to get it so i really hope he does or he'll be so disappointed.

Good luck to your OH L+L!! Hope he gets it, Salisbury is nice. :)

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR. :ninja::grr: Bloody hell FT - what a woman!!! I would be fuming if she had done that to A...and her poor baby - coffee???!!! :growlmad: What is she thinking (obviously she isn't) :nope:

Morning everyone else!! :hi:

Just gonna read and catch up - hope you're all doing well :flower: xxx

thanks Emera, it is lovely there. Fingers crossed he gets it.

:wave: Hi nic!

Ok lads, any of you any good with technology? We need a new printer as ours broke years ago. What do i need to look for in a printer, what make and things? cheap is also good. It would only be used for documents and not pictures and stuff. I'm used to just using my work one haha

FT - shocking about the dummy and coffee! childminders in my area are about £3.50 to £4

another bad night here. i am reaching the end of my teather. i don't know what to do. he is such a good baby and only wakes because he is hungry and once fed he goes back to sleep. its the frequency that is killing me:

7pm, 9pm, 10pm, 12-1, 3, 5, 6.30.... etc i need sleep

last night i woke up in the nursery asleep sitting up on the sofa, boob out and R asleep on my lap... not good i know

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->