March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Have not read back yet but wanted to ask if anyone could help??? B is getting lazy with latching on.. His starting to really hurt and I try taking him off and putting him back on but he still hurts me.. I don't know what to do? Why would a nearly 4 month old suddenly get crap at breastfeeding? Also he doesn't want to take a bottle anymore :(

Vitfa.....enjoy your time off...you deserve it:happydance:. Yeah the only way to describe M after her 12 week jabs was 'a bit sorry for herself' and sleepy...poor lamb. Hope E feels better soon x

Wouldluv....I cant offer any advice apart from have you tried a different position with him? One of the more experienced ladies should be able to help:hugs:

Footie is dull dull dull tonight....again!!! Bed soon for me....not used to driving such long distances these days.....used to easily rack up 600 miles plus a week with work...weird!

Vitfa - enjoy that free time hunni :winkwink: and dont worry, Gs naps are still unpredictable too... we will all get there tho :hugs:

wudluv - im not going to pretend to know, as i dont :( so im going to leave this one to the more experience mummys here or those with experience of it xxx i hope someone can help and that it gets better though. and its lovely to hear from you on here too - as always :hugs:

any of you lads into weird and wonderful jewellery? if so... i just bought this 'dip dap' (remember those sweets??) from here
https://www.punkyallsorts.com/productslist.php?x_collection=cornershop&z_collection=LIKE

isnt their stuff fab? haha. I particularly like the breakfast ring too :haha: how ugly is this? I would totally wear it though.
https://www.punkyallsorts.com/productslist.php?x_collection=punky-minatures&z_collection=LIKE

so that was off topic haha.

oh and mitch, even iiiiii have to admit this game is B.O.R.I.N.G

TOTAL snooze fest. and yet i still wont turn over :rofl:

Its going to penalties for sure...and on the basis of previous matches etc etc....Germany are going to slaughter everyone and win the tournament:nope:

FT - that jewelery is nuts....where on earth do you find this stuff :haha:

I am on my laptop for the first time in 4 months pretty much (rather than i-pad) and can do soooo much more hence changed my avatar, FB pic, done my tax return (rebate!!!!!!!!!!!!! wooop:happydance:) and sorted out some photos of M...and remembering how teeny tiny she was:kiss:

haha i hunt out the weird and wonderful... like a sniffer dog. :winkwink:

everyone i know seems to have got tax back lately, but not me :cry: BOO! its so hard at the mo on mat pay not to shop... im not doing a very good job of controlling myself :blush:

I love that piccie of little M :) i still maintain she is a mini-you (having looked at u and DH on FB) x

this is where we are going on saturday for damos work night out https://www.celtic-manor.com/ im really looking forward to it but totally going to miss the g-unit. Hope i dont worry *too* much.

Oooh Celtic Manor hotel.....lovely!!! Have stayed there for work....just over Severn Crossing. Ryder Cup was there in 2010.....they have a great spa ...get you some treatments:thumbup:

spa..... yay!!!!!! the swimming pool looks lush.

right im off to bed as i have NEVER EVER watched a pen shoot out live in my life... no matter the team. i get so nervous i feel sick haha xx

have fun tomo ladies in bristol, and please take a picture!!!!!!!! dont forget :)

night lads xxx

Ft...I shall take a sideways special:haha:

Night x

I am off too ladies....see some of you tomorrow:happydance:

Hey, lads.

Big day here. Daddy is home!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course he's sleeping off jet lag rather than helping with babies, but at least he's home.

We had our 4 month check up and shots today. P weighs 14 lb and K weighs 14 lb, 8 oz. This puts P just below the 50th and K just above the 50th. Considering that 2 months ago, they were just barely on the curve, this is "Amazeballs." :winkwink:

Regarding weaning... Our doctor has recommended we start introducing foods at about 5 months (since they were 4 weeks early), but he thinks it would be good to start P on some cereal now. It's not for the nutrition but rather the reflux. He said even just a little cereal will help P feel better and not vom so much. He said if he pushes it all out with his tongue then wait a week and give it another try.

He emphasized that it's really up to us when we do it -- now or later. He also mentioned that whenever we do choose to start, the latest science suggests we should introduce meats earlier in the line up than previously thought. Unfortunately, I forgot to ask him what timing he meant by that. :dohh: I blame K for my being distracted. The whole time the Doc talked about food, K smiled and squealed as if he knew what was being said. Cuteness is distracting.

I am now sitting here with a sweet, cuddly P snoozing away on my chest. Love him so much it hurts.

Aaaaw WT....too cute your babies :kiss: and wooop for hubby being home:happydance:.

Wouldluv, its actually quite normal to get lazy latching and fussiness and changes in feeding at this point. First off, your milk supply can change a bit at about 3-4 months, a lot of people experience a slight reduction in supply and your flow can slow a bit, which can help in some cases or make the baby a bit fussy in others. Also, they get a lot more efficient at feeding, so you might feel like they need to be on longer and try to re-latch when actually they aren't hungry anymore. Also at around 14 weeks their teeth start to move down and their saliva changes to start the process of disolving the gums as the teeth start to cut so all that can make their mouths feel weird and adds to the fussing. The other thing is that they aren't little newborns anymore, so they are much more interested in the world around them. It means they get distracted during feeds, so tend to pop on and off and let their latch slide, whilst feeding because they are too interested in what else is going on!
A good thing to do is try to feed in a calm quiet place. Also if its been more than 5 minutes of feeding and the latch starts getting lazy, then try re-latching. If it keeps happening then stop feeding and try again later. :shrug: also usng teethng powders/gels before a feed can help too. :). F the latch is bad and hurting always break it and re-latch, or stop and try later on. :)

Ugh... Ladies i would love to be doing something nice but e has been up every 2hours from me writing past so sleep will be 1st of the list ...

WT - I actually just got this book "The baby's Table" which is full of recipes (and advice) and written by a pediatrician and had great reviews on Amazon. I was surprised that it recommended starting with meat after cereal rather than fruits and vegs!

It does show a sample meal plan to give you an idea as to how to start with food.

It shows in the first week of "food" to just introduce rice cereal for a week - once at breakfast and once at dinner. In week two it suggests Chicken Puree for dinner. Then in Week 3 to give Beef rather than Chicken. Then in Week 4 a puree of chicken and yams after having given vegs for lunch in week 3. I can try and scan the page if you are interested.

The chicken Puree they suggest consists of one poached chicken breast with a 1/2 cup of the leftover poaching water and 1/4 cup breast milk or formula and then puree.

I was actually coming on to ask the experienced moms if that sounded right.

Hi, lads!

Wow, all the solid food talk, crazy!

G has had a rough evening... She has been awake for what feels like all day, with a couple of short naps. I think she got overtired and then fussed for an hour. Danced with her, which always calms her down, and have just spent more than an hour sitting next to the bassinet as she tried to settle to sleep. Poor baby! Makes me think there's some teething stuff going on.

I think she's down for a while, so I'm going to try to get dinner.

tired TIRED!!

our worse night ever, i never got to sleep more than an hour before she was awake again again. i've had about 3 hours sleep :(, i have no idea on times and things just that it was a lot and often! Think she woke about every 2 hours from 12. She's been up since 6 now and is happily playing on the floor, I'm hoping she'll have a long nap today so i can try to nap to. Trouble is I'm worried letting her sleep so much during the day is doing this? She doesn't seem hungry (though i did feed her last night hoping she'd sleep longer and she did take some, but was awake again about an hour after going down). She didn't even eat much at 6 just 4oz when it should have been 6oz. She doesn't cry is just awake kicking around and then starts to really grizzle and moan and if i left her the 'fake' cry would start.

Cuppie how was your night after the rice?

Weaning starting already is amazing!!! need to pull my finger out and get a high chair haha

I have forgotten everything else. I'm so sorry :(

Also the worst night ever here too! He wouldnt go down until 11.30.... Then got up at 2, 2.38, and was then kind of awake until 4.30 now is up again.... Arrrrrgh.

I'm trying to get Livy back to sleep now but :shrug: i don't know how long it will be for

What happened to our babies???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->