March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

By the way the reason insay that is because B had a terrible day yesterday and I tried everything.. He was happy enough but really clingy and just wouldn't settle to go back to sleep.. In the end I have him some panadol and 20mins later he was out to it.. I really think its teething.. So maybe that your issue ladies..??

Skadi, if you are starting weaning at 6 months, then you could start with any order of food groups you like really. Before 6 months only rce cereals, fruits and vegetables are recommended due to the immaturity of the gut. The idea being that they are still not really capable of digesting the complex proteins in meat. Post-6 months though they should have reached a level of development where they can digest most foods without trouble, so you can be a lot more relaxed with your weaning choices. Technically you could give spaghetti bolognese as a first meal. The only reason for giving seperate items for a few days or a week at a time is n case of any adverse reaction. If you are giving lots of things all at once you then have to trial to find out what caused it. If you give just chicken and there's a reaction, you know the cause immediately. :)

L+L / Missy, sorry for your bad nights! Ours was pretty crappy too, I thought after not sleeping until 9.30pm she'd sleep longer, but nooooo! :dohh: I'm not worried though, and neither should anyone else be, everyone has bad nights sometimes, and often a few in a row. There will be good nights too though!(I hope :wacko:)

Also, hey, look, our babies are approaching 4 months, and some of them are starting to wake more at night instead of less? Nothing to do with this 4 month regression thingy? ;). 16-20 weeks is huge for development! I could say this a million times and it won't help, but it is true, it DOES settle down, promise!! :hugs:

Yay, lookng forwards to our meet up, sleepy or not!! :)

Morning lads!
So sorry for you all with bad nights... :sleep: usual here, 7-10-1 (trumps)-3-6 and fed at half 7. These night wakings are doing nothing for my eye bags (suitcases) and I'm amazed at how little sleep you can survive on. Not had more than max 5hrs per night for 15weeks :wacko:
Cupcake hope the baby rice helped with R x
L&L get a nap in with her today, sounds like a shocker!!!
Missy ted had obv read your post yesterday about him being ace at night :haha: hope builders are nearly done x
Loo where are you? Hope u and D are fine and dandy? Do you need us all to come over again and get her to have an enormous day time nap?!? Xx
Emera fountain of knowledge. Make sure their saliva dissolves their gums!!! Going to be more vigilant about mopping up dribble off chins now :rofl: but no seriously thank you for your wisdom xx
FT I love the pic of G on the monitor! Cute! Looks like he knows your watching...
Mitch M looks very cute with a towel on her head (!) thinking perfect Mary role at her nativity in a few years!! and I think she's spitting image of you, especially the eyes...
Mouse get some food in quick!!!! Hope G has a nice sleep x
Hope Lozza getting on ok on holiday and gas managed a night off x
Off to cinebabies today with N, he's not very good at cuddles on my lap anymore so it could be a noisy one!
SW girls have a lovely lovely meatball fest. Love there's going to be a hair-off between M and R!!!! Enjoy!
Xx

oh dear looks like a few of us had bad nights again...

actually not too bad for us, up at 2.30 for a feed, then 3.30 because of the dog!! thunder storms here! and then 5.30

so only twice up for feeding is such an improvement!

see you sw girls later, just giving R a feed before leaving

Just doing random bus research here, i don't usually go out that side of town. I swear bus timetables are deliberately incomprehensible! :wacko: Think i've worked it out though. ;)

I have a spot on my nose :( It hurts. :(

L&L sorry for the bad night. Sounds like teething to me or as Emera said 4 month regression hitting? It wouldn't be daytime naps, a well rested baby seems to have better nights in our house at least.

Thanks Emera, that makes sense. She will be 7 months actual when we start but only 4ish adjusted so not sure if I can introduce meats then? Ill have to ask her pediatrician when we go. I'm just starting to read as much as possible about what to do/not to do so I feel a little more confident when the time comes.

I went to McDonalds with my best friend at midnight last night! Liberating! I so missed gossip! Lol

WT - ah brilliant weights. well done you and babies :dance: and SUPER YAY for pappa being home too. thats a good day. :)

rashy - sorry little G had a rough night... hope you got some dinner though :hugs: much love xx

L&L snd PissyBlaze (i miss that) - i think there was something in the air last night.... lots of bad nights :( :hugs:

waula - it freaked me out when i looked at the monitor and saw his little black eyes. I actually thought ''can he see me??'' in my moment of haziness LOL x it was like something out of a horror movie :haha:

weaning - cow&gate send out little books in the uk around week15.. i looked at one the other day and it was pretty good. It gives you a plan...eg start with just a teaspoon of rice... then add bananna... then apple... sweet pot... yadda yadda. I will prob follow that for ease :)

SW LADS - HAVE AN AMAZEBALLS DAY. lots of photos demanded. :hugs: enjoy the meatballs. Prob a good thing im not coming seen as tho they are not on my diet plan :haha:

our night here was ''bad'' for us (although i know not bad at all in scheme of things). he went to sleep around 9:15pm (after an extra little feed).... then woke EARLIER than normal at 3am! i tried everything to soothe him to sleep but didnt work, so he had a feed. Then he fed at 6am.

its usually 7:30pm feed... 5am feed. Gah. I want him to be good for my mum and dad on sat night......

No plans for today as im riding out this stinky cold/cough. Zumba tonight tho. YAY!

Have a good day everyone :) x

I'm sorry there was so many bad nights around :hugs: I think O's teeth have calmed down a bit for now as she doesn't cry out in pain any more so it must be the whole 4 months thing :(.
Yay for a better night cuppie though!

Have an amazing time today ladies!

Skadi i miss gossip!

We both napped on the sofa for an hour and a half after i wrote that last posts! feeling better. The OH is getting ready for his interview and will be leaving soon so fingers crossed it goes ok.

I forgot to say i had been speaking to the owner if GumiGems (the teething necklace place) as my order had been mucked up and she’d asked me to let her know how Livy got on with it, People on facebook may have seen that i’d sent them pictures and they had asked to use them on the website, Well last night she asked me f i would be happy for Livy to be the face of there new gift vouchers and for them to use the pictures i had sent! Very exciting.

L&L - thats brillant - livys a little star

Goodluck to your hubby

Sorry ladies about the bad night - makes me feel better that some of us are still having not great nights

Mitch - know you are away to the SW meet but why you get time could you give me an overview of your process from breast to bottle - im wanting to start and be at the point of only one morning and night booby feed soon

SW ladies have an amazing time - i agree lots of piccys

L x

Oh well if Alex doesn't get the job we can live off O's modelling income! :rofl:

Vitfa sorry nights haven't got any easer for you either :hugs:

L&L - AMAZING! when she is famous please get us freebies :winkwink:

Vitfa - i think given the amount of wake ups / feeds u have to do... uve been a star to Bfeed for so long. i really do.

ive just realised that this date last year we were on our way back from our honeymoon in maldives and i had a sneaky suspicion (after feeling sick on a boat) that i was pregnant. How time flies. It was just before last years zumbathon that i found out for sure.

Its all going too fast.

I got my :bfp: a year ago tomorrow! in some ways it feels like it was only a few weeks ago but it also feels like years ago in other ways.
I was like you FT and already knew from how i was feeling.

i literally cant believe my little dude is 3months old. and when i look at his newborn pics, i cant believe how small he was :kiss: I still have moments when i look at his face and just burst out with ''ahhh i love you!!!'' like a mad women.... happens every day. I hope i stop before he is old enough to be embarrassed! LOL

you know whats reallly scary? Im about to print off a form for a nursery for when he is 2 1/2.... its the most popular one and i have to get on the list already.

THATS scary.

Does anyone else get a lot hotter since having a baby? I always used to feel the cold then after I had S I was always 'just right' but now after T I'm hot alll the time. Seriously I'm sitting here in my underwear because I'm boiling (very sorry for that image there, especially if you're having your lunch :haha:)

ft - hope you feel better soon, we've all got colds as well. Just realised that G and T were born on the same day :thumbup:

Hope the sw meet is going well x

Sorry for the crap nights everyone :hugs:

Hope you lads have an amazing time at ikea and have lots of meatballs
The closest ikea to me is in canada, I love to go once a year.

WT- that pic on fb is so adorable. I need to take more pics of me with Eve, I'm usually the one taking pics.

Sambles- yes on the hot!

L&L- that's so cool :kiss: and good luck to alex:hugs:
FT- I had no idea one year ago that I was pregnant yet... clueless actually, had a few drinks at our fourth of july party:dohh: Didn't find out til July 8th

DH had second interview on monday and waiting to hear, fingers crossed he gets the job

Good morning, lads. Hope everyone is recovering from their bad nights. :hugs:

And enjoy your meatballs, SW lads!!!!! I'm so jealous.

Skadi- Emera already covered your question, but just to clarify... my doctor wasn't suggesting that we start with meat immediately after cereal. He still suggests we start with veggies. He just said that it is now recommended to introduce meats "sooner." With DS1, we waited to do meats until we'd exhausted every conceivable veggie and fruit. I think he was saying that we don't wait that long. He seemed pretty relaxed about the whole thing, leaving it up to our personal choice, which was reassuring.

L&L- So sweet that O is going to be famous. :kiss:

FT- I was doing the same thing yesterday -- looking at their newborn pics. I can't believe how little they were and how fast they've grown. P has tripled his birth weight! I still get excited thinking that I made them. :cloud9:

AFM... Things were okay here last night except for the fact that DH needs a refresher course in nighttime baby care: (1) A momentary wake up does not equal feeding time. (2) Diaper changes shouldn't involve completely disrobing the baby. (3) Just because the baby smiles at you, does not mean you should launch a 20 minute tummy tickling session. (4) Turn off the bloody lights! :dohh:

I told him that I would cut him slack for last night since it was his first night back, but nighttime is all business. And it should not involve any overhead lights! :thumbup:

hope your DH gets this job KK!

Sambles i can't say i feel much hotter :shrug:

WT hope your DH remembers everything baby related quickly. I'm sure he was just getting into the swing of it last night!

sambles - i will had little T to the front page! bday buddies :)

Im SUCH a cold person naturally, but today and recentl ive been BAKING. unsure if its to do with the mugginess here after the hot weather or post pregnany :shrug:

kk - keeping fingers crossed for him!

WT - im constantly reminding DH at weekends that nighttime is NOT funtime! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->