March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

Well i am on the sofa with a glass of.red.wine, a bag of cadbury twirl bites and the golf on TV...watching M on the monitor having dreams about milk and how it used to.come from boobies:haha::haha:

I do look forward to this time of day...me and.hubby.time...much as i adore M

sounds lovely mitch

has anyone ever had a new kitchen installed? i have no idea how much a new kitchen would cost to include cupboards, tiling, granite worktops and floor tiling and installation

is £10k enough? is it more likely to be £20k? i want something good because im planning the kitchen for my 'forever home' so cost isnt a major problem but obviously cant go mad... i just don't know how far £10k would get me

Cupcake...it really depends on the size of the room and what sort of.quality you want. I had my kitchen refitted in my old apartment and it turned out to be £6000 including fitting and it was only a small room....maybe 3m x 2m but that included all appliances etc. Probably could have got.cheaper and wish i knew someone who.could fit them cos that was a large proportion of the cost. You mention granite worktops...that could easily eat away a few.grand too.

If.you got.a good.deal.on units and appliances and know.someone who could do.you a deal on fitting the.£10k could be enough...depending on room size.

Loo may be able go.advise.as shes.just done hers?

thanks mitch, maybe loo could give me an idea then when she is next on

i know granite is expensive and would guess a couple of grand. the kitchen in the house we are looking at is quite big. im trying to work out how much the new house is going to cost including stamp duty, fees, decorating etc everything basically!

Is that the practical.house? :winkwink:

Tbh i think you can go.as little or.as much overboard on kitchens that you like....spend on what you really want like granite etc and.cut corners elsewhere.such as appliances/tiles i guess. My exes parents spent £55k on their kitchen!!!!:wacko:...it was then featured in homes and gardens magazine. But still not sure you ever make that sort of.money back. But they say a good kitchen sells.a.house :thumbup:

Cant wait to.get our extension as kitchen gets redone :happydance:

Edit...you could always.pop into ikea (ha ha) or Magnet or something and get them to.do you a rough estimate...they do that for.free

Our kitchen was about £1800 including installation but then it's IKEA's finest pine and the worktops are most definitely not granite. My advice would be to make friends with a joiner and design your own kichen. Ours was cheap but I love it because I worked out how I wanted it.

OK, I'm still here, in the kitchen, sat at the laptop. I don't know why, there's nothing on TV but I could at least have watched some old Sex and the City episodes. Living my free time in the fast lane...

Cuppie, a bit like Mitch said, you can spend tons on a kitchen or get it done on a budget! We spent £2k on ours and its lovely, but its a small kitchen and its not top of the range, and it didn't include built in appliances (as we've only done it for resale/rental, not to live with for years)! If you want granite worktops, all the appliances and its a big room, then £10k is probably not quite going to cut it once you factor in installation and all the finishing touches!

Ergh just realised i have sand in my socks and my bra (?!?!) from where Roh was trying to bury my feet in the playground earlier. Horrible! Time for an indulgent candle-lit bath then i guess! :dance:

I've ordered myself a couple of bottles of Crabbies for the WOMAD festival i'm off to tomorrow night! :dance: Just hoping that being out late isn't going to send Roh off on one, or it could be an interesting evening! Looking forwards to it though! :)

yup its the practical house, the more i think about it the more i realise it would work for us,its not too expensive so we could till have a life and not be mortgage slaves

plus if i put in a new kitchen and redesign the garden it will a bit more special

sand in the bra... nice! lol

im watching ghost rider on the telly. its crap and im not sure why im not in bed really!

busy weekend planned making the house into a show home

Sometimes thats the best option cupcake.....and with the cash leftover you can make it your own. No point paying for someone elses taste (i watch ALOT of location location location etc etc :haha:). Good luck with show home creation

Emera ...enjoy your soak x

Hubby leaving at 6am tomorrow until Monday afternoon:cry:

Oh.and know you bf'ing ladies have probably escaped this thus far...but i.am having the longest period of my life (for me really unusual). Not impressed...plans for dtd on.hold:cry:

Oh.and know you bf'ing ladies have probably escaped this thus far...but i.am having the longest period of my life (for me really unusual). Not impressed...plans for dtd on.hold:cry:

It's been so long for me I thought "longest period of what??"

Cuppie, I too should be in bed... but i'm watching Alan Partridge...

Lovely evenings all round lads... Eaten a almond magnum watching the young Victoria whilst more elderflower cordial brews in the kitchen!!
Kitchens...ours is medium sized and from home base as we found all the cupboards much of a muchness then splashed out on fancy smeg fridge and solid oak surface, Belfast sink, posh appliances and cost us £7000 excl fitting (we had builders in so they did it whilst renovating rest of house). I love the kitchen, heart of the home and all that so I would splurge...
Missy I was soo with you...longest period!! Ha!! Forgotten what they are!
Emera enjoy the crabbies!!
N had massive feed at 7 and seems to have gone past his 10pm feed... Why am I not in bed!!!!! :dohh: I never know wether to wake for dream type feed or not... What's the consensus??! Let him sleep or feed him...?
Night lads xxx

wAULA Dreamfeeds never help me. T just wakes up at his normal time (although it does help relieve the bosom pain!)

I know, me neither missy... Going to see what happens... Am sleeping on a towel just in case there's a boob explosion!!!! c'mon Noah, big sleep!! X

Ergh, am expressing as OH gave a bottle this am when I was out with Roh and I thought I made up for the feed but seems not as I'm all ouchie! Ahhh honk moooo, honk mooo, sweet relief!!

I've had 1 period at about 7 weeks pp and have had a week of period pains but no period since then :shrug: my cycle has always been total nonsense0 though so its all pretty meaningless! :haha:

Mitch my last period was 8 days long which is long for me.

I'll be due my 3rd one since having J in a few days BOO HISS!

Just wanted to apologize for not replying much last few days. OH has Been hogging the laptop looking for a new car ad someone hit his a couple weeks ago and wrote it off! My phone is pants for internet.

Hope everyone is well xxxx the STTN fairy has been visiting us last few n
ights yippee!"

glow - can you please tell the fairy that she has lost her way and I'm waiting for her down in Kent. Obviously she's too late for tonight but if she can make it for tomorrow that would be great :thumbup:

I'll take 7-1!!! Better N!
Glow :hi: sorry up hear about car, hope OH ok?? X
Sambles I think you need sttn fairy!!! Hope all ok in your house xxx

Poor poorly babies! L&L and Laura, I hope they are a bit brighter now? (well, not right now...I hope they are sleeping!)

Mitch, I give D cooled boiled water when it is warmer :shrug: as long as you know they are not hungry, I don't see the problem.

J & N....super nights! Well done boys!

Waula, I've justvhadva glass of your wee tonight. Gorgeous!

Cupcake, it all depends on spec, size of kitchen and who does it. Our kitchen is not huge, but we went for top spec units, medium priced appliances and granite work tops. It cost about 9/10K I think...however it was a friend that fitted it, so he did that for rock bottom price (£750) AND he got our units and appliances for us at cost price. Granite was by far the biggest expense. We only have 2 work top areas but it cost 2.5K. xx

Well, we had a good night again. Only problem is that if D wakes super early, then she goes back to sleep, but if she wakes 4.45 onwards, she sees that as the start of her day :sad2: I have fed her and tried to cuddle her back off, but she is currently huffing and puffing away in her crib. I fear tears will follow soon.

There they are!

Hmmm... A glass of my wee Loo... I feel like we should explain... :rofl:
Hope D just fancied another cuddle and you're both now asleep!
No dream feed, he woke at 1 then 4.30 and is still asleep!!! :dance: he has never slept past 6am before so this is new territory!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->