March Mamas 2012 Baby Group (Closed Group)

chick flick sounds good, im being forced to watch Clash of the Titans by my oh...

It'll be The Help tonight for us :) Love that it's movie night for everyone!

Mitch, I hope M is okay! A gets a bit of gunk in her eye every now and then. Sometimes it's for no reason, and sometimes it's because she has an eyelash caught in her eye. I wipe it and usually it clears up in a day or two.

Emera, eating a battery? :nope: sounds scary! Glad you found it - I'd have been terrified too! Have fun at your festival! I hope it stops raining for you...

Waula, happy birthday!! Sorry N is vomming all over it though... Hope your OH spoils you today!

Wanderlust for me....jennifer aniston and paul rudd (funny and great eye candy:haha:). I am sure its not a great film but will fit the chick flick / easy viewing criteria

Have a great night all.....sttn fairy dust to all x x

You lot are lucky. My OH just made me watch a really heavy going danish film about child abuse.

I'm getting fed up with my hair falling out.

I hear you missy....mine is still coming out in big chunks in.shower and strands coming out when i.brush or just.run fingers through. M has taken to.gripping.my.hair too so.have to extract strands from her grasp
:nope:

Right bed for me.... One of our cats is going bonkers tonight...hissing and meowing at nothing upstairs right outside nursery grrrr. Is there a full moon or something:wacko:

Ugh missy...doesn't he know you could still be hormonal?!?!? Gorgeous vid of T giggling, so cute!! N soo close but not quite there yet!
Watching the tennis!! Woo go Murray!!!
Mitch hope the cats get quieter!!! M seems pretty bomb proof though!
N fed at 7 and then has just fed for 40mins at half 9 WTF!!!! Nothing like keeping me on my toes...
Just ordered wonder weeks book, think it was Lozza mentioning it ages ago... Feel like we may be wonderweeking at the minute, grumpy and very feedy...
Lozza you back yet?? Hope you had a fab hol Hun xxx

M makes the right facial expressions and mouth open and lets out the odd squeak but like N hasnt quite managed a full on giggle. She giggles without sound if that makes sense:haha:

M seems a little grumpy.at the moment....not with me but when out and about. Hmmmm

Mitch N is exactly the same...silent giggling/squealing and bit odd with other people/when out n about and not in his usual surroundings...heard interesting things about the wonder weeks book so thought it'd be an interesting read - I like there being excuses for his grumpyness :haha: supposed to be a "fussy" period around 15 weeks which would fit...
Night all xxx

Aahh was so good to go out, even if it was a juggling act with the kids. Just got home now! :shock: both kids were hardcore and stayed awake the whole time! Well behaved though and lots of fun! Going to get a foot rub and collapse in bed now!

Night! X

I'll have to read through during the night feeds that are sure to come in order to catch up.

We are just watching "A River Runs Through it" tonight.

Something extremely terrible has happened.... We lost her soother! It was in her mouth in her car seat before we got to my moms. When we got home it was nowhere to be found and my parents can't find it there either! I might have to go to the hospital and beg for another if I can't get her to accept one of the back-ups as her new soother.

Mitch, D gets eye snot. Not all the time, but we just get a cotton wool ball with water on to wipe. Njust in case it IS conjunctivitis though, make sure you only wipe once then use a fresh cotton wool to stop any infection being spread. X

Waula, am so jealous of your BBQ! We have not had the weather for one this year (all the nice weather was when we had just moved and was in box hell!). We've not even assembled our garden swing chair yet. :sad2: I just want to enjoy some warm weather :brat:

Missy, mine started falling out last week :shock: In handfuls :shock::shock: I'd thought I'd got away with it! :sad2:

Skadi, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO,!!!!! We thought we had lost D's favourite one the other day, so I made Al trace his footsteps from where we had walked the dog :haha: turns out it was tucked in the hood of her coat :rofl:

Well, over the pat 2 weeks I have been slowly phasing out expressing. I was doing it so much and it was making me really unhappy as my days had to be planned around my 'milking' times. Anywho, Thursday night was hopefully my last time, so sinc then I've been shovelling fenugreek down my throat and encouraging D to feed more so that my supply will stay nice and plentiful, however D is NOT helping me out because for two nights running she has slept longer. I really hope this won't have too much affect on my supply? Just when I could have done with a week of bad nights :rofl:

NOT that I am complaining lads....... The extra hours sleep is most refreshing, if a little soggy :rofl:

Loo, thats fab! Obviously shes getting loads in the day if she doesn't want to wake up at night. T feeds all day and sleeps all night (or he did until i mentioned it on here, now he feeds all day and gets up at half 4).

So t woke up at half 4, half 5, half 6 and then OH went to the loo at which point T did a huge vomcano all over my boobs, hair and bed. So we had a bath (i cannot wait to have a shower again). We have a memory foam mattress topper so i thought i would try and wash it... Bad idea! Wrestling a giant king sized sponge is like trying to get a stinky wet dead slug the size of a great dane out of the bath... Then it ripped a bit while i was trying to hang it up... Plus the bath water was like black so now i think it's a bit grim anyway! We need the topper though if T is going to yack all the time (which he will)...

I'm going back to bed!

ETA... Thanks for the nice video comments... They literally were his first laughes. I was upstairs putting washing away (shock) and i could hear him giggling so i ran down to film it. Amazing! Hes not done it for me yet though...

Visions of missy fighting with the matress topper:haha: sorry for rough morning x

skadi...hope you find the soother. Only good thing about M going for the thumb and rejecting soothers is that she cant lose thumb....although does search excessively sometimes and finds in the same place...shocker:haha:

emera....yeah for a great night out x x

M having her morning snooze so.thought.i.would catch up. Question...is anyone not bathing with LO? We bath her separately....not organised enough to sort a bath for us both and i.like them warmer. Need to get a bath insert...baby bath getting too small..she bouncs her legs and knocks her head on other end if i dont catch her in timdo
Also...i feel bad that i dont use a carrier or sling at all....i dont have dogs to walk etc and find easier to.shove in pushchair. I dont feel i.have a need for it i guess....must try the bjorn again as M could probably face out now...is that a certain age or just when they can hold their heads......i remember reading something about stretch their hips out is bad??!! :-/

LOL Mitch, that's hilarious! Keira hasn't figured out that thumbs fit better than all her fingers. If her soother falls out mid-sleep she usually re-settles by sticking her hand in her mouth. Quite attractive really. Hopefully she grows out of that before she starts dating! Can you imagine?

She seems ok with one of the soothers but it took forever to get her to not spit it out right away. I feel so bad!

Oh no! After my smugness about mitchs longest ever period, I've just come on!! And T has just pooed again...

Missy, gah!!!! I didn't think we had periods whilst bf!!! Booooooo.

Skadi, according to Al he is never going to let D date so I guess she can suck her hand all she pleases :rofl:

We are off to the Trafford centre again today for something to do. It's raining so it's either Trafford centre or ikea!

Missy, i pmsl at you struggling with the foam topper, sorry! :rofl: Bummer about the :witch: though!

Loo, you can have periods whilst BF, i've had one, and i am BF every hour or 2 through the night, so go figure! :shrug: Yay for cutting out the expressing, must be liberating! If D is sleeping in the night and you are "soggy" then your supply sounds great! :) Poor D never getting to date :haha: I think F might be in the same boat the way OH dotes on her! :haha: I'm more worried about what sort of girls (or guys, according to my brother :shock:) Roh will bring home! I don't want to have to be the evil MIL!!! :D

Mitch, don't feel bad about not using a carrier! M gets plenty of hugs and snuggles, and you should do what suits you really! I'd bung her in the bjorn on occassion just in case you want to do things where the buggy is impractical, just so she stays used to it. But other than that, i wouldn't worry ;) The hip thing that "crotch danglers" can cause is definitely a risk, but if you look into the research properly then you can see its a very small risk, and may only occur in children that are pre-disposed to hip problems. If bjorns screwed up the hip development of every child that used them, then they'd be illegal. :shrug:
Also, i tend not to bathe with the kids, just because its not practical. I used to when it was just Roh, but not really enough space now. OH jumps in with them about once a week though. I've got a little bath seat for F for in a couple of months (its really for 6 months+ but i know she'll be ok by 5 months) at the moment i just have her in the big bath with my arm under her neck to support her. :shrug: Also we have the bath a normal warm temperature, not the recommended body temp, she loves swishing about in the warm!

Skadi - Eek at losing the soother, i'm glad she's ok with the back up. I learnt from last time and have been rotating with different soothers from the start so they are all favourite! (now she'll finally use one!!)

My feet hurt this morning! Got to have a sleep though as Roh didn't get up until 8am, and F slept for 4 hours before starting her up every hour thing! :dohh: I hear a poonami occuring!

Hola lads!

Just wanted to quickly check in and say we had a FAB time in wales, and G was perfect for the grandparents :dance: kept to normal routine of sleep, feeds etc

....but ive come back KNACKERED! :haha:

anyway, will catch up properly tomo but ive only just seen the meatball piccie so just wanted to say i love it :kiss:

enjoy the rest of your sunday... will chat tomo :)

ps... ive not had a period yet.... but kinda want too... another bit of ''normality'' back if you know what i mean....

FT welcome back! Don't wish for it. The pains are reminding me of early labour. Scary. I'm having my coil fitted in a couple of weeks, this is making me wonder if i might go for the mirena...

I've just made strawberry cheesecake cupcakes. They are ace but the frosting isn't great...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->